what are the best souvenirs?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by eeyoreandstitch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Pooh2

Pooh2 Dis Veteran

Photos!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. amwhitaker

amwhitaker Not happy unless I'm going to Disney. I will NEVE

Pins, pins, pins!!

4. ebharris

ebharris Earning My Ears

My kids love pin trading, pressed pennies and our fave souvenir is our beach towels! They were only 4/6 our first trip and I knew clothes wouldn't fit long. The beach towels are great because they use them all the time and won't outgrow them!

5. Wild about Walt

Wild about Walt Mouseketeer

Yes, def the pins. My DD (then 11) was like a child on fire looking for CMs or other kids to trade with. We ended up with some pretty cool ones.:cool1:

There is also the other kind of pins or buttons. The free celebration buttons (I know MK has them not sure about the other parks) at the guest services counter. I noticed last year in April there was a cart in front of the building that makes restaurant reservations (right beside the Rapunzel M&G) on Main Street. On the cart were blank buttons that you could have custom made. Unfortunately after our hour long wait to see Rapunzel I totally forgot to go and check it out. :crazy2: They would be a great free souvenir.

And every time we go, we get the kids their Mickey Ears. They hang them on their bedroom walls for all to see when they get home.:earboy2::earsgirl:

We also started the silhouette tradition last year. We got ours done at DTD down by the (oh so yummy) Earl of Sandwich. Can't wait to see how they have grown!!

6. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

We get the really nice mugs..

7. Gooshy

Gooshy Mouseketeer

I love the main gift shop in Epcot. Its super big and has a little of everything!

8. luvmylatte

luvmylatte Mouseketeer

Mugs, Christmas balls, pens, magnets, hotel soaps and shampoos, kitchen utensils, Alice in Wonderland tea (yummy) and taking pictures of everything....yes I mean everything.:wave2:

9. Mom2PrincessesLinSy

Mom2PrincessesLinSy DIS Veteran

Since we are DVC members, we try to stay in the different resorts. We started collecting a magnet for each resort we stayed in, but now that seems to have faded, and the only Magnets seem to be in the Deluxe Resorts or certain DVC resorts. Hoping they have one at Boardwalk when we go this month.

We love doing the Pressed Pennies. We get the Mini M&M tubes (with the flip top lid) and put in 2 quarters, then a penny, 2 quarters, then a penny, etc until we fill it up. I think the large tube holds enough quarters and pennies for 20 penny squishes. Makes it SO much easier to get your coins, esp. if there is a line!

We have gotten really cute Disney Post it notes at DL and WDW, which I usually buy a couple since we use them all the time!

Also, as the kids went on their first rides (like recently Splash Mountain or Space Mountain) we got them a pin to commemorate the occasion. Just use a sharpie to put the year on the back of the pin!

Oh, and I love my Disney kitchen tools. Then I can use them frequently :)

10. buckeev

buckeev RedNeck Mouseketeer

When possible, I like buying "practical" items on trips. So far, My favorite has been my Mickey IPad case...I use it every single day, and it is still holding up. It may actually outlive the IPad itself! Close runner up would be our Mickey wall clocks and kitchen items.

11. DJBass

DJBass Mouseketeer

Where in HS do they have the dogtags w perry? DS will be 6 and loves agent P!

12. o'sew cute

o'sew cute Mouseketeer

pressed pennies! I made a bracelet using them! when I return I plan on getting enough to make a silver bracelet :)

13. FigmntGirl

FigmntGirl Earning My Ears

Where is this? I have never seen straws for 59 cents.

14. broadwaylindsey

broadwaylindsey Earning My Ears

At the canada pavillion in EPCOT you can get really cool personalized leather bracelets mines white braided with my name and i wear it all the time! Its so cute.

15. laurielovesdisney

laurielovesdisney Earning My Ears

The reusable shopping bags that hold a ton, coffee mugs and always a special Disney watch! We have a ton!

16. meggimouse

meggimouse Disney's First Tattooed Princess

my favorite souvenirs have been the silhouettes done in the MK. we do one each trip and have started a tiny collection. we like doing different hairstyles/hats in them too so they're slightly different.

we always get a mug with the year on it too. i think having something (durable) with the year on it is important to remember ALL the trips! :thumbsup2

17. sharlamuegge

sharlamuegge Earning My Ears

So excited about pressed pennies!!!

18. dizzycrazy

dizzycrazy Earning My Ears

Disney photobook made from my photo pass! Best memories ever! :cool1:

19. tpimental

tpimental Mouseketeer

I LOVE my Disney coffee mugs. My kids typically like to get a new shirt that get worn a ton. I also am quite partial to the plush toys. My kids play with them all the time.

20. vikster1

vikster1 DIS Veteran

Each trip we all pick out a glass with a character and have our names put on it. There are many styles to choose from. They are inexpensive ($10-17 and 3 a word) and a nice souvener. The name of the place is Arribas. I know there is a store in DTD, MK and Germany in Epcot.

I also just got a ring from the ring carver in MK. I've wanted one for years and finally got it :cool1:

21. cukal6

cukal6 Mouseketeer

I agree with the pressed pennies. We started this a few years ago and my kids are obsessed!