what are the best souvenirs?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by eeyoreandstitch, Feb 4, 2013.

1. eeyoreandstitch

eeyoreandstitch Earning My Ears

What are the best souvenirs and places to buy them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneymayz

disneymayz DIS Veteran

The best are the ones that last/get played with longer than a few days. :rotfl2:

4. iluveeyore

iluveeyore DIS Veteran

Every year that we go, I buy a Christmas ornament and a fridge magnet with the year I visited on them - wonderful keepsakes, and you can find them everywhere! I also have a collection of Disney mugs from past visits (some of the Resorts, most of just Eeyore!), and I enjoy my cup of tea every morning in one of my Disney mugs!

5. alc571

alc571 DIS Veteran

My son loved to collect the pressed pennies throughout the various parks, stores and hotels. They were super cheap to buy, and gave him something to look for and do at the more "boring" parks. He has kept them in the book we bought for them. Totally worth the $$.

6. dopeynme

dopeynme Mouseketeer

T-shirts, which I wear at home. Mugs which I use every morning. CDs which I listen to in the car. Photos and frames. Sketches framed and hung on the wall. Jewelry!

7. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

I like the reusable shopping bags! Inexpensive, but something I can use often to remind me of our travels and to be "green!"

8. the_green_machine

the_green_machine Mouseketeer

9. g8torphan

g8torphan Mouseketeer

If you have kids, the $.59 Mickey straw is great. Best deal in the parks IMO

10. Carlyzmom

Carlyzmom <font color=red>AXIOM Crew Member<br><font color=p

I LOVE my 2009 Disney coffee mug!! Gives me great memories every time I use it!! Gonna get me a 2013 one soon!!! :thumbsup2

11. cathie1246

cathie1246 missing the parks

I love to get the mugs each time I go. I also like to pick up something from a celebration that is going on with the year on it. pens, pencils, notebooks.
    All great and able to use daily or during the week.

12. Iloveeliot

Iloveeliot DIS Veteran

I attended MNSSHP and wish I had bought a CD of the soundtrack. The music would have transported me right back to Disney. I liked the shops in Hollywood Studios the best. They seemed to me to have different merchandise which I like more. Also even though it is expensive I thought pre-buying the Photopass CD was a great idea and I took advantage of every photography opportunity I could find. I treasure my photos. Finally one of my favorite souveneirs was a frame I purchased to put my drawing from the drawing class in the Art of Animation Class in. Actually the drawing you make is a great FREE souveneir! I took the class 4 times during my trip and I treasure the drawings!

13. RedsDrew

RedsDrew Mouseketeer

Of any of my trips to Disney World, the best souvenirs I've ever gotten are a set of 6 glass mugs (root beer style mugs) from the LTT restaurant and a cake stand.

The LTT mugs are the same ones they use in the restaurant and they're available for purchase at only $5.00 each. Depicted on one side is the Liberty Tree and the Disney Characters marching in Colonial attire are depicted on the other side. I had them shipped home and now we use them regularly for drinking glasses.

The cake plate I had made at the glass blowers shop in the MK in 2011. When I went in, I didn't see anything I particularly liked, and I was in need of a cake plate stand. I asked the guy working if they could make one, and although he said he'd never done one before he made it for me. It took two guys to put together and blow because the base had to be made at the same time as the actual plate to keep it from drooping. I took pictures while they were making it which makes it a really good souvenir. The glass shop shipped it to me so it came shortly after I returned home from my visit. It sits on my counter. The plate is made of clear glass and the pedestal base is colored red. It's got the little bubbles that handblow glass gets, and everyone that sees it likes it. For me, it's a constant reminder of disney world. It was a bit pricey at $200.00 but it's the most functional and nicest souvenir I've ever purchased. (It was a birthday present to myself).

14. ChipNDaleGal

ChipNDaleGal Earning My Ears

We love collecting the pressed pennies as we go around the parks.

15. DisneyDiva8401

DisneyDiva8401 Mouseketeer

My favorite souvenirs are pictures :) and a nice Disney frame or album to put them in.

16. Tricia's mom

Tricia's mom DIS Veteran

Aside from the memories...

The straw is an excellent value I agree ( dh DON'T PUT IN DISHWASHER...UGH!!!!!)

We also do pressed pennies..

I also have my dd's silhouette done each time we go.. It captures her growth and I have even scanned it and used her silhouette as a watermark on stationary.. Or thank you cards... I can turn it into all sorts of items.

17. Steph01002

Steph01002 Earning My Ears

I wear my pearl necklace from Epcot Japan almost every day.

18. dzneelvr

dzneelvr A Disney Dolly<br><font color=deeppink>Doesn't min

My high-end watches and kitchen tools :thumbsup2completely different ends of the souvenier spectrum, but much-used and much-loved;) I buy all my goods at the WoD store in DTD!

19. mom2jcg

mom2jcg Mouseketeer

My kids loved the remote control ride vehicles when they were younger (about $15 I think) and the PDAs. They loved setting alarms for FP.

20. DanceDrawDream

DanceDrawDream Mouseketeer

I agree with the pressed pennies and then also the book that they go into...especially since you can get them in many places. It's great to see how they change over the years, for example I have both a MGM one and now a Hollywood Studios! ;)

21. brownierose

brownierose Mouseketeer

Since I was younger we get etched glass mugs with our favorite characters on one side and names on the other side.

I think autograph books r great! My dd4 loves get and I still have one of mine.

I agree with magnets and ornaments with yr as well as photo album and frames