What are some QS restaurants that are must do's for your trip?

Honeybee83

Mouseketeer
We will be going in September 2014 and have a QS dining plan. Any spots that you can't miss that you'd recommend? The dining plan was free so I'm more worried about taste than value.

MK-Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill
Epcot-Tangierine Cafe, Sunshine Seasons
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
HS-Starring Rolls

MK: I love the pork shank at Gaston's. Big enough to feed two and we also get a LaFou's Brew.

MK: I love the pork shank at Gaston's. Big enough to feed two and we also get a LaFou's Brew.

What exactly IS a pork shank? I've seen this on the menu but wasn't sure what I would get LOL! It is a plate of pork? A piece of pork? How do you eat it, with a fork and knife or is it finger food?

MK Columbia Harbour House - fried shrimp
Pecos Bill Taco salad with lots of toppings from the fixin bar
Cosmic Rays just about anything but after 4pm they have a combo chicken/ribs platter
Epcot -pretty much any country we even had a steak at the American pavilion
Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Puck express is a don't miss we went twice our last tip and got bacon wrapped meatloaf and spaghetti and meatballs
AK - Flame tree BBQ

Ones we have really loved are:

MK - Columbia Harbor House and Be Our Guest
AK - Flame Tree
Epcot - La Cantina, Yorkshire County Fish Shop
HS - Starring Rolls
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

Among our favorites:
MK:
-BOG (lunch only) - Braised Pork, desserts and the atmosphere

Epcot:
-Les Halles (France) - pretty much everything!
-Kringla (Norway) - sandwiches, cloudberry horn, schoolbread
-Sommerfest (Germany) Bratwurst, pretzel
-Sunshine Seasons (The Land) extensive menu with many choices

DHS:
-Starring Rolls - sandwiches, cupcakes

AK:
-Flame Tree Barbecue - ribs, pork sandwich

DTD:
-Cookes of Dublin - fish & chips, scallops & chips
-Earl of Sandwich - Holiday Sandwich

Resort:
-POR - make it yourself pasta and salad

What exactly IS a pork shank? I've seen this on the menu but wasn't sure what I would get LOL! It is a plate of pork? A piece of pork? How do you eat it, with a fork and knife or is it finger food?

A review of Gaston's when it first opened. Photos of the pork shank are about half way down the page:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/12/12/full-review-gastons-tavern-in-new-fantasyland/

We will be going in September 2014 and have a QS dining plan. Any spots that you can't miss that you'd recommend? The dining plan was free so I'm more worried about taste than value.

Some of our favorites are:

MK - Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Electric Umbrella
DHS - Backlot Express
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

Agree with PP who mentioned POR's pasta station. POR is our favorite food court if you're in the area!

MK - Columbia Harbor House

DHS - Have yet to find a notable QS location! We like the cupcakes at Starring Rolls, but not much else stands out here to me IMHO. We did Pizza Planet last trip and weren't fans - standard pizza you find all over the parks, and very hard to find a place to sit (very crowded).

Epcot - Yorkshire Fish & Chips in UK and the QS in Mexico (the name escapes me) - best nachos!

AK - Flame Tree! Surprisingly good BBQ, especially the ribs. Tons of places to sit and beautiful scenery on the water with birds all around!

DTD - Agree with WPE and we're also anxious to try the new QS at HOB.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - so many choices - you can even do a soup and a dessert and just use snack credits for that.

MK - Cosmic Rays is our family fave

HS - none of them are great

AK - Flame Tree

DTD - Wolfgang Express is my fave for QS - his food is always great and you get the same high level at the express as you do in the Cafe. Chinois Chox Salad, Chix pot pie and butternut squash soup are our faves! If you go to DTD for Bfast - the Wolfgang at Marketplace has corn flakefrench toast - yum!

DTD - If we have FD we like to go to WPE, if not we go to the Earl.

EPCOT - For DD she has to eat at the Katsuri Grill, she loves the Tempura Shrimp Udon. Sunshine Seasons is great. We have to snack at the French pastry place.

MK - we like to have lunch at BoG and supper at CHH.

AK - we eat at Flame Tree.

By default at DHS we eat at the Backlot Express but we love to get snacks at Starring Rolls!!!

DTD, Wolfgang Puck Express, possibly the best QS on property for taste, value, and service

MK, we usually stick to Cosmic Ray's for the variety, but my DS and I had lunch at BOG last Jan, and it was great. Added it to my must do more often list.

Epcot, so many great choices, I think you said you are going in Sept, if you are there for F&WF skip the QS and enjoy what all the booths have to offer. Otherwise, Tangerine and Sunshine Seasons are great choices

AK, Flame Tree BBQ, my nephew also enjoys Restaurantosaurous (I think I butchered that spelling) something about a Mac and Cheese Hot Dog that changed his life, lol

DHS, we usually go to Backlot Express, for lack of a favorite place, but Starring Rolls deserves a mention....my DH is not a fan of sandwiches as a meal on vacation, but he can be persuaded to hit Starring Rolls for breakfast so I can have my cupcake fix..

My first Disney trip we only did QS meals. Another fan here of Flame Tree BBQ at AK, and Pecos Bill at MK. I can't remember where we ate at Epcot, I know it was towards the entrance, and we ate at Pizza Planet at HS, but I wasn't impressed.

MK- Columbia Harbor House (and excited to try BOG lunch in September)
Epcot- La Cantina de San Angel in the Mexican Pavilion or Yorkshire Fish n Chips
HS- Backlot Express or Studio Catering Co (the grilled/pressed Turkey Sandwich)
AK- Flame Tree BBQ or Yak & Yeti
DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express (the BEST) or Earl Of Sandwich

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter