What are some of your magical memories with your family?

Bbgrizzle

<font color=green>Tangled with the TF & survived <
I changed the title of this thread; it used to be, "You know that scene from the movie Stepmom. . ."

You know that scene in the movie Stepmom, where Susan Sarandon and her daughter go on that midnight horseback ride when it is snowing and the moon is full and bright? And you just think, "Wow, what a magical memory for the daughter to be able to cherish after her mother dies"?

I need to make more memories like that with my kids!

Please share your magical memories that you have with your children. It can be Disney or non-Disney related. Just a memory that you and they will always remember.

(I'll think of one and post it later.)

I know exactly what scene you're talking about. Stepmom is one of my favorites!

As for a magical memory I have with my kids. . . I'll have to think about it. I'll edit my post when I think of one. :)

Here's one family memory.

A couple years ago we were at the Princess Storybook breakfast. All the princesses came around, and Ainslee (at the time, she was not-quite 2) was afraid of them. The only princess she would let get near her was Snow White, because she was in a phase where she would watch Snow White (movie) all the time. Yet DD was still very suspicious of her.

Snow White spent a little extra time at our table and finally got Ainslee to warm up to her enough to give her a hug. And look what Snow White did to her!

You can see, Ainslee was not impressed. Our whole family laughed and laughed. We kept those lip prints on her all day long.

We had recorded it on the camcorder and we still watch it once in a while, and it shows us all laughing our heads off. Ainslee was too young to remember it, but for the rest of us, that was one of those memories we will never forget.

early last winter, we had a pretty good snowfall. My daughter (8 then) and I took a sled in the dark to the local sledding hill. While it was winter, there was no wind and it felt quite warm to us in our snowsuits. We went down the hill together a few times and then she went alone a couple times and then we rode down together and just layed at the bottom looking up at the stars and the moon and a few drifting wisps of clouds. It was quiet and still, and we felt very alone, in a good way. It is a very nice memory.

Lots of WDW ones:

Older son holding the map and telling us where to go at age 4.

Older son running and playing with Peter Pan at age 8.

Younger son being scared of the princesses and hiding his face at age 2 and Snow White playing peekaboo with him.

Younger son being scared of all the characters at 10 months, and then holding up his arms for Pooh to pick him up at the Crystal Palace.

Younger son meeting the Incredibles at age 2.........he was just in awe.

Dh and I taking older son alone to Epcot...........hanging out in England and Canada, meeting Alice, dining at Le Cellier together, seeing the topiaries..........all while leaving younger ds back at the hotel with Grandma.

Every moment we spend with my mother on the WDW trips.

Feeding the Lorikeets at Sea World...........all of us covered in colorful birds. Also feeding the Rays at Sea World.

Fun at water parks together...........it's always so nice.

Canoeing and camping with older son........haven't done it with younger yet.

All out together in the snow is also a big one...........especially since it happens but rarely here.

Riding in the car, singing with the kids.....Zipadeedoodah, Mony Mony, Jackie's Girl, Peanut on a Railroad Track.

Rocking my boys and singing Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird and I know a little boy but I won't say who and rockabye baby and toora loora.

Dressing the kids up and taking them trick or treating.........dh and I standing on the sidewalk while they go up to ring the bells..........."twick or tweat" floating back to us.

Fireworks at the grandparents' farm.

Hunting for Easter baskets and eggs.

Singing together in church, saying the Lord's Prayer with my children, and listening to their prayers at night.

Holding hands running across parking lots in the rain.

All Christmas eves and mornings.

All the first days of school.

As you can see, I'm quite sentimental, and store up lots of memories as precious.

Thanks for sharing these memories! I will have to share some of my own when I have a few more minutes time! :goodvibes

mickeyminnie said:
early last winter, we had a pretty good snowfall. My daughter (8 then) and I took a sled in the dark to the local sledding hill. While it was winter, there was no wind and it felt quite warm to us in our snowsuits. We went down the hill together a few times and then she went alone a couple times and then we rode down together and just layed at the bottom looking up at the stars and the moon and a few drifting wisps of clouds. It was quiet and still, and we felt very alone, in a good way. It is a very nice memory.

That reminds me a lot of the Stepmom scene. Maybe it's because I've never really lived in it, but there is something magical about snow.

You know our magical memories are the everyday memories we make.

I love watching the kids get off the elevator and run down the hall to their grandparents apartment. It cracks me up, because when I was a kid I remember the view of an enormous hallway and running down it to get to my aunt's apartment. They will probably never forget their visits to grandpa's house and that hallway.

I love it when the whole family goes to the playground together at dusk. I remember specifically the time we were there and my kids discovered for the first time that the "neighborhood music truck" was really "the ice cream man". When my boys yelled, "The music truck" all the other kids on the playground yelled, "the ice cream man" and rushed the truck. That's when our jig was up.

Anyway, just everyday stuff like that.

Sitting in my hammock swing, DD in my lap, watching the fireflies and telling her stories.

Our trips to WDW and cruises, just spending time with each other. ALl th funny/profound things DD says.

Too many to write!

What a great thread to start. As I read these replies I have so many. The best ones I have are seeing my kids for the first time , my oldest from South Korea almost 19 years ago, and my youngest son from The Phillipines 15 years ago. I am tearing up now thinking how special those nights were when they came home. I still cry when I watch the videos of them at the airports. I have so many memories. My oldest son from Korea used to bow to me when he first came home, he was only 13 months. My youngest was only 10lbs at a year old, and to see him grow and blossom, is a miracle in itstelf.

Off to Disney next week! FINALLY!

I just realized in the last week or so that the memories kids keep aren't necessarily the ones you tried so had to make for them.

My favorite memory was the time my daughter was 4 and we took her to WDW for her birthday. Our room at the GF had a view of the castle. When her dad took us out on the balcony to see it (she was a BIG Cinderella fan) she hugged us both and said "thank you mommy and daddy for bringing me here--this is just what I needed!" We could have gone home that moment and the trip would have been worthwhile for us! My daughter has no recollection of that magical moment.

On the other hand, she just re-told a story that neither my husband or I remember but she cherishes. One day she asked her dad to name two body parts that rhyme. She thought it would be very easy for him to come up with "nose" and "toes". He thought, and thought and thought and finally said "tibia" and "fibula". She thought it was the funniest thing and says she'll never forget it. Go figure!

My favorite memory with my mother come from a spur of the moment adventure...We had travel to Miami for a school race and I was having a very bad year (another story all together)...I just remember her turning to me and asking if I wanted to get out of there…I thought she meant go home, but instead she started driving south…I kept asking were are we going, and she would just smile...well ended up at the Dolphin research habit in the keys…she just stopped the car and asked if I wanted to go for a swim…it was a long time ago but I can still see her smile….Now whenever either of us is having a bad day or upset…we always say just remember the dolphins and try to stay afloat

One of my favorite memories with my kids was last March.. we went on a cruise and we swam with the dolphins in Cozumel.. and then of course this year was the first time me and all 3 of my children go to go to WDW together.. Me and my 2 older kids went together once and then I went with DD8 last year alone.. but this year we go to all go together..

The best memory I have so far is when my Pally was taking a walk with me - it was beautiful outside, warm but not hot - just a perfect day. She put her hand in mine and looked up at me and said "Mommy, will you always be my best friend?"

Today- me, DH and DS15 months were decorating the front porch for Halloween. We were tying the cornhusks to the porch and Christopher was helping DH with the string. He looked so proud that he was helping his Daddy and the three of us working on our house on a beautiful fall day.

That is my family- it is everything I wanted, the three of us right now. Everything he does that is new to him is new to us and he has given us hundreds of memories already. There will be tons more everyday.

In December, my parents, inlaws, siblings, neice, nephews and DH's siblings will all be setting sail on DCL for our family vacation that I have been planning for almost 2 years. I can't wait for the memories that will come out of that!

Some of favorite memories are just simple things. 4th of July, 1999. My week old son was in the NICU, and we were all sad because he had been born with a rare genetic defect and things weren't looking good for him. We didn't want to leave the hospital, but my older dd was really looking forward to seeing fireworks. So, trying to make the best out of a bad situation, we gathered in the NICU and dressed Aaron in red, white and blue and decorated his incubator in firework window clings, then went up to the rooftop of the hospital parking structure and we bbq'd and watched fireworks from the hood of our car. My dd still remembers this!

Another time was just recently, when my dd decided to host a "slumber party" in her room with her two brothers. They gathered all their blankets, stuffies and pillows, and camped out on her bedroom floor to watch tv. I checked on them a little while later, and there they were, all cuddled up with each other, sound asleep. You'd never know that these precious little angles were at each other's throats just a couple of hours earlier. These are the moments that are magical to me!

Mine seem to revolve around music..I have tons of music on m computer..Classic Rick.70's 89's Beatles,just tons.. The kids love it when I put the music on for 2-3 hours and we just sing and dance like crazy.. I'm thrilled that I can still sing and dance around and I'm thrilled that my older kids ,at 14 and 13 still want to be silly and sing and dance with there mom..Today we were all dancing to the BeeGees and singing ELO songs
On our very first trip to Disney we had gone to the Boardwalk..We didn't know there weren't busses from resort to resort .It was late and we got on the DTD bus figuring we would switch to a CR bus..The bus driver asked us where she was going radioed someone and got permission to take us to Disney.. It was our last night and we were going home to California the next day..The kids started singing California Dreamin by the Mama's and the Papa's. Ed and I started singing along..The 2 other people on the bus started singing as did the busdriver. We sang the whole song in a round and afterwords the busdriver and other 2 people on the bus applauded for us.. It was just such a cool surreal moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter