What a trip! Ever had anyone not have fun?

Hugs to you. You sound like you were trying to make this perfect for everyone, which is very hard to do. I understand that your husband has every right to tell you what he honestly felt about the vacation, but your mother is dying. That trumps what he is going through. My husband lost both his mother and younger sister to cancer. Was he a pain in the butt a lot of time? Yep. I sucked it up and shut up.

Of course in marriage there will be lots of ups and downs, and maybe your husband is feeling ignored, or that he is never at the top of the list of importance. Yes that does need to be addressed. But you are only one person. You are trying to keep life at a steady pace for your children, be there for your mother, and on top of that keep yourself together.

Take a moment and decide something you can do that would say I love you to your husband. Ask him. It might be as simple as an overnight at a local hotel, just the two of you. Maybe he would rather go to a sporting event, a museum, or just spend the afternoon taking a walk with a picnic. For my husband he loves an afternoon wine tasting at our local winery. I'm not saying this one thing will make it all better for him, but he will know that you are thinking about him.

Thank you for that... I think that is some of the problem too, He actually works out of town through the week and isnt home but two days a week. I think he just feels let out of the loop or something.... He did even say when we got back last week that he wishes we could do stuff without the kids sometimes, just me and him. Problem is I am the only one that ever plans anything, sometimes I wish he would plan something for us. I prob would have a heart attack if he came home and told me we were going out but you do have an idea. Maybe I could come up with something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter