Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

After our good lunch, we went back out and found Duffy the Bear! Michayla really was happy seeing Duffy (as were the other kids). These are the Photopass pictures done. The photographer took a ton of them!!

Mike took these two:

More of the Photopass pictures.

Bird!

A few more of the pictures on the way towards the Canada Pavilion.

Our first day at EPCOT, the kids started collecting their stamps in their passports for the World Showcase. They got all but 2 of the countries~~Canada & the UK, so those were top on our list to do today. We went to Canada first.

We found the Kidcot Stop at the exit of the Canada film. The kids got their passports & Duffy's stamped and they also had Shy's and got hers stamped as well.

We had a couple more Photopass pictures done with the beautiful scenery of Canada.

Our next stop was United Kingdom.

Kids did their last Kidcot Stop.

The British Revolution was playing when we came out of the gift shops.

More of the UK area.

We had to pass by Canada again to head towards our first Fastpass+ ride of the day, which was a good thing since I forgot to pick up a magnet from Canada. As I ran into the gift shop, Mike got these pictures.

Lovely pictures of the Pavilions! The UK is one of my favorites- I think they are really spot on with the details there! I've never been able to catch the British Invasion group; but hope it'll work out next time. I really like the shops there too- the tea shoppe especially. Keep up the fun report!

Lovely pictures of the Pavilions! The UK is one of my favorites- I think they are really spot on with the details there! I've never been able to catch the British Invasion group; but hope it'll work out next time. I really like the shops there too- the tea shoppe especially. Keep up the fun report!

Since I've never been outside of the US, I don't really know what the different countries should look like except from movies, etc. My favorite is Canada because it's just beautiful and then I have to really respect the Morocco area since their government had a say in how it was done. I think all the different countries are well done. I like that the CM's that work there are actually from there.....I respect that a lot!

Short little update:

Mike & I are leaving this afternoon for a week down at Disneyland. This is my annual Dis Diva's Girl's Trip but am doing a little Diva stuff and lots of time with Mike for our 32nd anniversary!! (which is St Patty's Day....so a couple weeks early). Mike & I really need a break......the addition of another special needs child has not been easy as it has "upset the apple cart" with some of the other kids.....but we are getting there & things are starting to smooth out. But, we need some time away to rest, relax & just find ourselves again as a couple.

Will finish this report up when I get back.....then I'll do up a trip report on the Disneyland side for our getaway!!

Will be back late Saturday!! Have a great week!!

PS: Shyann came down with a mild case of chickenpox Friday night.........there was a diagnosed case of it at her school. She has had both doses of the vaccine.....as have all the 5 younger kids. Sure hope the rest of them don't get it too......... She's doing fine and the boys will be able to handle this little bump in the road while we're gone.

Nice update. I LOVE AK and it used to be a half day park but not sure what to expect if the new water show is open. I hadn't planned on doing any of the shows as we have seen them all several times but now if we have to stay to see the water show we may end up doing them. Bummer about the rain. I am really worried about that for our trip in June. That and the heat. I am like poor Shy. I don't throw up but it gives me bad migraines and I just don't like the heat. We had a great time in Mexico but now DW is the next trip in just barely 3 months. We are down to double digits in a few more days. I am excited yet nervous about all the new stuff and still not sure about doing the fp to make sure things don't conflict. I hope you have a GREAT time at DL with the divas and esp Mike and can't wait to read your report and see the pics!!

Hooray on making it through the Lion King! Yikes about the rain. That happened to me in 2009 when it was pouring.

Food looks good and I love Duffy. Anthony's everest shirt cracked me up :rotfl2: I love the kids shirts in Epcot and I love doing the passport in world showcase.

Have a great trip!!

Welcome home. Looked like it was a GREAT trip. Can't wait to hear about it all! We have had all kinds of craziness with our trip. I am finally in double digits and because it is SO expensive we have had to space out buying stuff. We booked our timeshare awhile ago but we had to wait and buy our airfare in December which was a chunk. Esp since we bought a one way for my dad but now I am pretty sure he is not going to go. Good in that we don't have to buy him a return or tickets etc but bad cuz I don't know if they will be able to use that credit. We still have credits to DL from our Oct trip that expire in Sept so we are hoping to do a real short 3 day trip to DL to use the credit and see the 60th stuff one last time before it goes. But as for this one I am so bummed about the price increases. The 6 day base tickets did go up from 325 to 355 but there was nothing we could do as we aren't in a position to buy them till April. But once that is done then I can finally starting linking stuff. Mom was going to get an annual pass but I did the math and it won't save us anything so we are back to just getting 4 6 day passes and buying MM. I am at a total loss on FP because of course most of what we want to do is in the same tiers at Epcot and HS and as far as MK just no clue. Plus trying to fit them around lunch and stuff is going to be interesting. I just hope after all this money that we don't get there and can't do anything. I got really spoiled in the old days because we collected a bunch of fp till noon and then used them in the afternoons and were able to do pretty much everything and some things twice or more. Now we will be lucky to do most stuff even once. I am excited yet bummed about all the changes and since this is probably the last trip we will take for a LONG time I just hope that we are able to enjoy everything and do and see everything we want to do. Anywho looking forward to your next installment as well as your DL report. :)

Loved the FB updates on your trip, can't wait for the TR! Hope the little one is doing better with that ankle!

Too late to wish you a wonderful trip; and now I think you're actually already back! LOL!

Looking forward to hearing about your DLR trip and this end of this one too! :)

Hope the chickenpox wasn't too big of a deal and she healed quickly.

I read all 32 pages last night, and enjoyed every minute. Can't wait for more! You have a beautiful family.

PS, I also wanted to add how in awe I am of you for just loading everyone up and taking all sorts of transportation to get to whatever you want to do! You've actually inspired me...there are a few dining reservations (Sanaa, Olivia's), that I've been hesitant to make because of the "hassle" to get there. Well, if you can do it with a party of 7 and a wheelchair, I can certainly do it with a party of 3 and a stroller! :)

Nice update. I LOVE AK and it used to be a half day park but not sure what to expect if the new water show is open. I hadn't planned on doing any of the shows as we have seen them all several times but now if we have to stay to see the water show we may end up doing them. Bummer about the rain. I am really worried about that for our trip in June. That and the heat. I am like poor Shy. I don't throw up but it gives me bad migraines and I just don't like the heat. We had a great time in Mexico but now DW is the next trip in just barely 3 months. We are down to double digits in a few more days. I am excited yet nervous about all the new stuff and still not sure about doing the fp to make sure things don't conflict. I hope you have a GREAT time at DL with the divas and esp Mike and can't wait to read your report and see the pics!!

I'm not sure why people say AK is a half day park.......I've gone 3 times and only got a half day each time and didn't even begin to cover it. I really want to go back and hopefully get a dry day to see the animals there. I guess I could see it as a half day if the rides were the only think you wanted to do.....but catching even one of the shows would add to your day.

Your trip is coming up quick! I read the new night show opens April 22!

Hooray on making it through the Lion King! Yikes about the rain. That happened to me in 2009 when it was pouring.

Food looks good and I love Duffy. Anthony's everest shirt cracked me up :rotfl2: I love the kids shirts in Epcot and I love doing the passport in world showcase.

Have a great trip!!

Love the Lion King show!! The rain was horrible and I'm from Oregon! The Mexican food was so yummy, will definitely need to go back. The kids enjoyed doing the Passport....it kept them interested in all the different countries.

Welcome home. Looked like it was a GREAT trip. Can't wait to hear about it all! We have had all kinds of craziness with our trip. I am finally in double digits and because it is SO expensive we have had to space out buying stuff. We booked our timeshare awhile ago but we had to wait and buy our airfare in December which was a chunk. Esp since we bought a one way for my dad but now I am pretty sure he is not going to go. Good in that we don't have to buy him a return or tickets etc but bad cuz I don't know if they will be able to use that credit. We still have credits to DL from our Oct trip that expire in Sept so we are hoping to do a real short 3 day trip to DL to use the credit and see the 60th stuff one last time before it goes. But as for this one I am so bummed about the price increases. The 6 day base tickets did go up from 325 to 355 but there was nothing we could do as we aren't in a position to buy them till April. But once that is done then I can finally starting linking stuff. Mom was going to get an annual pass but I did the math and it won't save us anything so we are back to just getting 4 6 day passes and buying MM. I am at a total loss on FP because of course most of what we want to do is in the same tiers at Epcot and HS and as far as MK just no clue. Plus trying to fit them around lunch and stuff is going to be interesting. I just hope after all this money that we don't get there and can't do anything. I got really spoiled in the old days because we collected a bunch of fp till noon and then used them in the afternoons and were able to do pretty much everything and some things twice or more. Now we will be lucky to do most stuff even once. I am excited yet bummed about all the changes and since this is probably the last trip we will take for a LONG time I just hope that we are able to enjoy everything and do and see everything we want to do. Anywho looking forward to your next installment as well as your DL report. :)

We had a great time!!

The park tickets going up......again! Photopass is virtually gone unless you fork over the money for an annual pass at the new way high priced amounts or spend $30 a day. One thing after another......I'm not super happy with Iger and they way he's running Disney. They are seriously losing touch with the average families that made those parks such a huge success. Soon it will only be for the rich.......sad, sad, sad!

Loved the FB updates on your trip, can't wait for the TR! Hope the little one is doing better with that ankle!

I'm glad you followed along.....I'm sure others were getting sick of all my posts.....lol HA HA.....too bad people!! ;) Michayla is hurting.....breaks my heart!

Too late to wish you a wonderful trip; and now I think you're actually already back! LOL!

Looking forward to hearing about your DLR trip and this end of this one too! :)

Hope the chickenpox wasn't too big of a deal and she healed quickly.

That's ok....we had a wonderful trip!!

Shy's chickenpox were really mild. The boys kept her home all week with them and she went back this week. Michayla broke her ankle the Monday we left, the xray didn't show a break.....so she walked around on it for a week before it got re-checked (after I got home and realized it was still huge & she had beat herself up to the point of her face being swollen.....she is self injurous but even more so when hurting). They put her in a walking boot, which is good....we can still put her in a bathtub! She's on pain meds now......so a little more mellow....but still hurting.

I read all 32 pages last night, and enjoyed every minute. Can't wait for more! You have a beautiful family.

PS, I also wanted to add how in awe I am of you for just loading everyone up and taking all sorts of transportation to get to whatever you want to do! You've actually inspired me...there are a few dining reservations (Sanaa, Olivia's), that I've been hesitant to make because of the "hassle" to get there. Well, if you can do it with a party of 7 and a wheelchair, I can certainly do it with a party of 3 and a stroller! :)

Welcome & thanks for reading my report!!! The transportation really isn't that hard to use as long as you remember that you can't go resort to resort on the buses. You can figure out which park is closest to the resort you want to visit and then just ride to the park and then catch the resort bus from there. We also liked taking the boats if you can figure those out. We wanted to try all the different modes of transportation as we could. The kids loved riding in all the different boats, on the monorail and the buses.

I think what people meant about AK being a half day is it used to only be open till 5 and at least back then there weren't very many rides and since most of the other parks were open till 9 or later then you could technically do another. I know that now if we went at busy season it would be different but all the times I went when it was dead we could do all the rides in a few hours and I have seen the shows and even if I did want to see them again I could prob do it all by 5 IF it were the way it was but now they will hopefully have more going on.

We had kind of a shake up at work. We have scaled back and needed to have our secretary either go part time or do something different. We thought we got a god send the other day when our new office offered her a job and we could split her but she quit after 2 days and mom can't keep her fulltime. She also has a lot of stuff in the works but no deals have closed yet and time is getting short. Even without my dad going it is still going to be SUPER expensive. So we may have to cancel. I will be sad but honestly I was kind of dreading my first time back being at such a busy time and then with the heat. I hate to put it off god knows how long but it may be for the best.

Anyway look forward to seeing the rest of your report and any future ones. At least for now I have to live vicariously through you ;)

Well it is official I just cancelled our DW trip. I won't lie and say I am not super sad and other than maybe a quick little 3 day trip to DL in August I don't know when we will get back to either one. Most likely we are going to try and do our big trip next summer either Europe or the east coast again all depending on funds so prob we won't get back to DL till the ladies trip in 18. As for DW I told mom I don't want to even think about going till we can go in the fall. I am sad to have to wait but much prefer that time of year. So either just she and I will go or we will wait till the girls are in college and hopefully shelby will get into the college program and go from there. I am DEF going to have a lot of questions about that cuz she REALLY wants to do it. But she is only a freshman so it's going to be awhile. And katy is not interested. :/ We are going to wait till June and see how the money is but probably going to use our airfare credits from Florida to go to Seattle and Victoria for a week. Won't have to pay for airfare and can do that MUCH cheaper than Florida. Not the same but something!

The park tickets going up......again! Photopass is virtually gone unless you fork over the money for an annual pass at the new way high priced amounts or spend $30 a day. One thing after another......I'm not super happy with Iger and they way he's running Disney. They are seriously losing touch with the average families that made those parks such a huge success. Soon it will only be for the rich.......sad, sad, sad!

Shy's chickenpox were really mild. The boys kept her home all week with them and she went back this week. Michayla broke her ankle the Monday we left, the xray didn't show a break.....so she walked around on it for a week before it got re-checked (after I got home and realized it was still huge & she had beat herself up to the point of her face being swollen.....she is self injurous but even more so when hurting). They put her in a walking boot, which is good....we can still put her in a bathtub! She's on pain meds now......so a little more mellow....but still hurting.

Welcome & thanks for reading my report!!! The transportation really isn't that hard to use as long as you remember that you can't go resort to resort on the buses. You can figure out which park is closest to the resort you want to visit and then just ride to the park and then catch the resort bus from there. We also liked taking the boats if you can figure those out. We wanted to try all the different modes of transportation as we could. The kids loved riding in all the different boats, on the monorail and the buses.

I agree with you with the tickets. I'm an 18 year annual passholder to Disneyland, a former Disneyland Paris passholder (it was cheaper to do that than 4 day tickets), a gold d23 member (actually my whole family is, got the family membership), a former premier passholder, and a Gold Castaway Club Member. They should reward us just like how they reward Castaway Club members on the disney cruises. By the way, this is from an almost 21 year old (yes, I said 21 in May)

Poor Michayla :scared1: I had to deal with a sprained ankle once and it was not pretty :sad: I did have to deal with a boot for the last few weeks of 7th grade (I fell running during PE). I hope she is ok and I will keep her in my prayers

@kelmac824, I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip :sad2: I don't think I mentioned this in my trip report but my parents decided to surprise me with my last Disney Cruise and did not tell me incase we suddenly could not go. It was a good idea because I would have been so sad not to go.

Thanks Jonasgirl. Yea it is really tough. I just told my girls and they were REALLY upset. I don't blame them but that is all part of being an adult and running your own company. We have had to cancel DW twice in the last 3 years, the East Coast, Hawaii and a DL trip this past Oct. But we also had to move our offices and my mom had both knees replaced and just a LOT going on and we just haven't gotten back on our feet yet. Before her surgery her mobility was a big part of it and now it is the money. As I said we had a big shakeup at work with our office secretary and that threw us for a loop and it means I probably have to work more and yet not get any more pay at least for now. It really stinks but it is part of life I suppose.

Well it is official I just cancelled our DW trip. I won't lie and say I am not super sad and other than maybe a quick little 3 day trip to DL in August I don't know when we will get back to either one. Most likely we are going to try and do our big trip next summer either Europe or the east coast again all depending on funds so prob we won't get back to DL till the ladies trip in 18. As for DW I told mom I don't want to even think about going till we can go in the fall. I am sad to have to wait but much prefer that time of year. So either just she and I will go or we will wait till the girls are in college and hopefully shelby will get into the college program and go from there. I am DEF going to have a lot of questions about that cuz she REALLY wants to do it. But she is only a freshman so it's going to be awhile. And katy is not interested. :/ We are going to wait till June and see how the money is but probably going to use our airfare credits from Florida to go to Seattle and Victoria for a week. Won't have to pay for airfare and can do that MUCH cheaper than Florida. Not the same but something!

I am sorry you had to cancel your trip. I am planning one myself but not telling the kids because I am not 100% sure I can make it work.

We couldn't do Disney last year and did the Seattle trip. We drove and when I looked at final expenditures, it was more than a Disneyland trip! We did do a couple of days at Great Wolf. The older kids didn't like it this time and we all agreed we would rather be in Disney. We still had fun, just felt let down a bit.

We had a great time!!

I bought my tickets the day before the prices increased. I am super disappointed about the new Photo pass at DLR. I know when we went last time I was worried about if it would be worth it to preorder for on!y 3 day trip and was really looking forward to using it on our 5 day trip. Now at $39 per day and not being able to do the borders, I will have to decide how to do it. Thinking of planning 2 days where we ride photopass rides and hunt down the photographers. The other 3 days my kids don't have to worry about me making them stop for pictures. Or we may decide not to purchase anything.

Thanks Shannon yea it is a total bummer but we have reschedule a trip to the south and we are really excited. I used to live in the PNW so have done that quite a bit and I love it and can always do another but my kids wanted to do something else so we just looked at where southwest flew and how much we had to spend and went from there. We are going to do Nashville, Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, Ashville NC and the Biltmore Estate, Atlanta, and then on to New Orleans with some side stops in Montgomery, Mobile, Biloxi and Gulfport. That is an area I have never been and super excited!

As far as photopass what the heck did they do? So you can no longer pay one price and get unlimited downloads or a disc? And no more borders? Luckily with DL I never do PP pics anyway but was going to do them at DW. Glad they still have memory maker. That is crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter