Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

That stinks. That is the one thing that bugs me about this site is that you can't upload photos directly from your computer. No worries. Are you doing one for the diva trip at all?

What an amazing family (and trip!) you have. The desserts at the Wishes party look yummy... Still deciding if that's worth the money for our next trip!

That stinks. That is the one thing that bugs me about this site is that you can't upload photos directly from your computer. No worries. Are you doing one for the diva trip at all?

Just got a response and they were able to fix the issue!! Gonna do an update now!!

What an amazing family (and trip!) you have. The desserts at the Wishes party look yummy... Still deciding if that's worth the money for our next trip!

Thank you!! The desserts are the standard desserts you can find at the buffets and such, but the location, lack of crowd and having a nice environment to sit and wait for the show to begin was worth the cost for us.....even with my big family.

August 15, 2015 ~~ 2nd Animal Kingdom Day

Well here goes our 2nd attempt at Animal Kingdom and hoping to do more today (as long as the weather holds). These pictures are when we arrived and headed to our first Fastpass+ attraction......Expedition Everest.

We've arrived!!

Mike rode with Derek, Anthony & Addy as I waited on a child swap since the 3 girls wouldn't be riding this one. He took his camera and got some pictures.

The view as they climbed up, up, up!

The end of the track..........

It's blurry, but here's the Yeti!

Their photopass picture of their ride.

When they got off, it was my turn to ride with Anthony & Addy (we were hoping we could take Derek again.....but they only allowed the 2 extras to re-ride). Mike got some pictures around the attraction.

Here we come!

Here's the other photopass picture.

As we left Expedition Everest, Mike took these...which included some monkeys.

There was also a photopass photographer there, so we took advantage of that & got a couple group shots.

More pictures as we headed towards the safari.

We decided to stop and do the Meet-n-Greet with Baloo & King Louie. I love Baloo and getting to see King Louie was AWESOME.....we don't see him at Disneyland!
These are the photopass pictures.

The kids (and I) all loved this meet-n-greet.....so much fun!!

Nice update. I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing the new Rivers of Light Show although just our luck it won't open till after we are there LOL. In a way I wish we could have waited till Avatarland was done but now with all the other updates there is always something new to see. Literally every time we have gone there were new things being built and so always a reason to go back! I LOVE EE. One of my faves. And great pics. My mom is going to get an AP and supposedly you get unlimited photopass downloads and supposedly if we link our bands to hers then we don't need memory maker. I have asked over and over if this is the case and was told yes so hoping it is true cuz between that and the parking and the dinning discounts I think it will be worth it.

You have some VERY beautiful photos from the Asia area! Well done! I find it the most beautiful area in ALL the parks- perfect for a photographer!

Love your character meet. How fun for the kids (and sounds like you too!). Such a fun trip so far.

Nice update. I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing the new Rivers of Light Show although just our luck it won't open till after we are there LOL. In a way I wish we could have waited till Avatarland was done but now with all the other updates there is always something new to see. Literally every time we have gone there were new things being built and so always a reason to go back! I LOVE EE. One of my faves. And great pics. My mom is going to get an AP and supposedly you get unlimited photopass downloads and supposedly if we link our bands to hers then we don't need memory maker. I have asked over and over if this is the case and was told yes so hoping it is true cuz between that and the parking and the dinning discounts I think it will be worth it.

There will always be something under construction there. I'm not sure of the timeline for the Rivers of Light Show or Avatarland opening. I just can't believe how much they've gutted Hollywood Studios.....YIKES!
I'm irritated with Photopass.....they offer the Photopass+ so you can include on-ride photos & character meals but now they don't have it as an option for Disneyland. Why not keep the option but at a higher price? I believe you're right on the AP including the pics.

You have some VERY beautiful photos from the Asia area! Well done! I find it the most beautiful area in ALL the parks- perfect for a photographer!

Love your character meet. How fun for the kids (and sounds like you too!). Such a fun trip so far.

I will tell Mike....thank you!! Animal Kingdom can be very photo friendly.....when it's not dumping!!! lol

Loved our Baloo and King Louie meet!!!

How cute! I believe I've seen Baloo before but not Louie. I LOVE Everest

EE is a ton of fun!!!

Our next FP+ was the Safari again. It's different every time you go, so worth doing it more than once if you can. We had a trainee driver who had a very pleasant voice BUT, she went up with her voice at the end of every sentence.......it drove me NUTS!!

Rhino

The hippos.

Gator!

The giraffes.....probably my favorite. Look, we also saw the babies......so cute!

Wildebeast

Monkey!

Next was the elephants.

Flamingos!

We got to see more giraffes.

This was the 3rd time I've been on the safari and the 1st time we finally saw the cheetahs!! I was so excited!!

The lions.

We found Pumbaa......but no Timon.

This ostrich got the newbie driver in trouble. It was walking in the road and our vehicle got too close to it, so when the trip was over (remember we're last unloaded with the wheelchair)......the trainee was getting an ear-full from the supervisor about leaving lots of space for the animals and never getting that close to them.

Finishing up our safari.

The CM's safari in their backstage area.

_ASC2293_zps2y294bgz.jpg

Lovely little virtual Safari today- THANKS! :) I love that photo the best; great action!

Nice update. Love that ride. As you said it is always different which animals are out and about. That is always our first ride of the day of course now with FP+ who knows LOL. As far as the new stuff I read that the rivers of light was supposed to be starting maybe in May or June and we are going being of june so it would figure we would miss it by a week or something LOL. Plus we are only doing one AK day. And Avatarland is supposed to open in 17 so still a ways away. I asked you this before but can't remember if you said but are you doing a trip report for the diva trip? I love your reports and esp since I can't go on the diva trip always love to see what went on and who went.

Lovely little virtual Safari today- THANKS! :) I love that photo the best; great action!

Thank you!! We were pretty excited to see that!!

Nice update. Love that ride. As you said it is always different which animals are out and about. That is always our first ride of the day of course now with FP+ who knows LOL. As far as the new stuff I read that the rivers of light was supposed to be starting maybe in May or June and we are going being of june so it would figure we would miss it by a week or something LOL. Plus we are only doing one AK day. And Avatarland is supposed to open in 17 so still a ways away. I asked you this before but can't remember if you said but are you doing a trip report for the diva trip? I love your reports and esp since I can't go on the diva trip always love to see what went on and who went.

The earliest we could ever get on the safari was after 10am.....never could get those first thing in the morning rides!

Yes, I will do a trip report for the Diva trip/anniversary trip.

I love the Safari also

It's a great way to see all those different animals.

The hippo picture you got was great! They are usually under the water whenever we take the tour.

Us too, so we were pretty excited to see that!

Yea I am not sure WHAT to do about FP. I think when April rolls around and it is getting close I am going to have to ask people what the best strategy is. Problem is there is so much new stuff opening I need to know what the "hot" new thing is so I make sure and use that FP. I am thinking for Epcot we are going to want to do the new Frozen ride and of course Soarin cuz want to check out the new movie. Honestly I have done the one in CA so many times that I would have skipped it in lieu of Test Track but I want to see the new film. Since they are tiered probably will have to do one one day and one the next. As for the other parks I know I am going to train for the mine train but since I can't do our FP till 30 days out I doubt I will get it so we will prob just beeline to it at opening. Trying to figure out the best thing to do and then work it around dinning ressies is stressful to me but hopefully we will get it all worked out. I have never had this issue since we always went at downtimes and we haven't been since FP+ Back when we went we could still collect them and then use them past their expiration. I miss that!

Also YAY for another report! Gives me something to do and get excited reading while I am waiting for our trip!!

Fantastic update! I love the picture of King Louis hugging the girls and you see their fun coloured hair! So cute! Your animal pictures are seriously outstanding! The animals seem so close and their colours and features are very vivid!

Also YAY for another report! Gives me something to do and get excited reading while I am waiting for our trip!!

Yay indeed! I'd love to go on the Divas trip some day, but will have to live through your reports till then!

Yay indeed! I'd love to go on the Divas trip some day, but will have to live through your reports till then!
It's so much fun. I have been on 3 of them. 09, 10 and 13. They are a blast and a great group of gals. unfortunately we have a bunch of LARGE trips on our bucket list for the next several years which require all our funds so no extra trips but I hope to make it back someday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter