Wet, Sweat, Fun & Sun But You Have HOW Many Snack Credits Left?

After the Country Bear's, we headed into Adventureland. We needed to make a stop into the shop to find flip flops for Jasmin. Her sandals (which supposedly could get wet) were stinking worse than any wet dog EVER!! I couldn't even sit next to her without gagging. So these are the random photos as we ventured into Adventureland & I found flip flops. (PS: We found some and her sandals promptly went into the nearest garbage can!!)

We decided to go to the Tiki Room. These are from the outside of the building before heading in (possibly also the queing area before entering the theater).

We went into the theater and the tiki birds came to life!!

A couple pictures after the Tiki Room before we headed to dinner.

We started towards the Crystal Palace for our character dinner with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. We were getting close to the restaurant when the storm hit. We checked in up on the porch and then found a spot to stay to try and keep from getting wet. Mike got these while we waited.

The harder it rained, the more crowded that porch got....some of the people weren't even having dinner but still shoved their way up there. We got called and had the hardest time getting to the doors because of all the people. Finally the Castmembers saw us trying to get to the door and they made people move. (I guess I should learn how to use Michayla's wheelchair as a battering-ram). We finally made it inside and out of that chaos.

We were seated when Derek got a weather alert that there was a tornado warning.......this is what it looked like outside!!

Winnie the Pooh was the first one to visit us.

Michayla was in heaven.....Pooh Bear is one of her favorites!!

A few more pictures from inside the restaurant.

A very happy girl!!

Tigger was next......Derek is not a Tigger fan......can you tell by his expression?? lol

The rest of the family was much more excited to see Tigger!

Michayla was having a great time!!

Piglet was the next one to visit us.

Funny but Michayla had zero interest in Piglet.

Another picture of the interior.

Derek's favorite....Eeyore! Selfie time!

Everyone else's turn with Eeyore.

Michayla was in a kissy mood......but look at Shy.....all puckered up!

Finally Shy got her kisses too.

Tigger stopped by again.

Mike's favorite from his childhood is Pooh Bear!

Our waiter was really nice and told us not to feel rushed since it was so nasty outside. Every time he came by, he said, just sit and stay warm.....you don't need to leave anytime soon. I thought that was pretty nice since usually they are turning tables quickly at these places. So we must have stayed a good 2 hours+. Here's some more interior pictures.

How about some food pictures from the buffet.

We finally headed out, once the downpour slowed to a light sprinkle. Mike got a couple pictures of the castle.

One more picture of the Crystal Palace as we headed out for more adventure.

What a fabulous dinner! I'm not sure I"d have headed back out anytime soon with a tornado warning either! EEK!

Glad you found some new sandals- they sounded really bad!

Did the kids like the TIki room?? Was it too much for them??

Disneyland will always be home, so when things you grew up with or a favorite attraction goes away, it seems to hurt more. Not enough space to add on, so unfortunately, their only option is to close things down.

Speaking of things shut down.....are you planning on going to Hollywood Studios?? There's hardly anything left open. Unless you have parkhoppers, I'm not sure I'd even bother going. What a mess that place is. They should just shut down the whole thing until they have it put back together. :( They removed the documentary film at the end of One Man's Dream to use it to promote their newest film.....ugh.....what a slap in the face of Walt & his legacy.

Yes I agree. DL was the first place I went and the place I go to the most. Eventhough it is not the "resort" that DW is I don't care. I have so many fond memories there and to me it is more quaint and has more of Walt. I love them both but you are right DL will always be HOME.

And yes we are going to the Studios. I know it will be torn up and we may not stay long. I only have a lunch ressie that day at the Brown Derby. That has been on my bucket list so def want to do that and we love ToT and RNR so those 2 are a must as well as the GMR but other than those we may not be there long. I am sure with so much torn up that the rides that ARE there will be overloaded with people since it will limit what they can do. Plus I don't like their fantasmic and I have seen all the other shows so we prob won't stay. We are not getting hoppers so that will possibly be a day we go exploring more resorts or back to DTD or just to go back to the room and swim. :)

Nice update. Love Crystal Palace but I think we have only eaten there once the very first time. Now that the girls are older we very rarely do a character meal because it is SO expensive and of course they all count as adults. They take pics with the characters in the parks but they have seen most of these before anyway and we are always trying to cut costs LOL. But I do love that restaurant and we just ironically got in. We went early to MK on our first trip and they were actually out front asking if anyone was interested in breakfast so we said sure why not and glad we did. Got some great pics of the castle with no one there and had a nice breakfast!

Great pics of Michayla. So glad she enjoyed herself!!

What an amazing meal you had at CP, the character interaction looked fabulous :)

What a fabulous dinner! I'm not sure I"d have headed back out anytime soon with a tornado warning either! EEK!

Glad you found some new sandals- they sounded really bad!

Did the kids like the TIki room?? Was it too much for them??

We were good to stay if they were good with us staying!! The weather was crazy!! The wind was blowing the sheets of rain sideways. Even being an Oregonian.....that was too much!!

I've never smelled a worse pair of shoes....they were rank!

Kids love the Tiki room. We have done this many times at Disneyland and of course they like the music. The thunder storm is the only part they're not big fans of.

Yes I agree. DL was the first place I went and the place I go to the most. Eventhough it is not the "resort" that DW is I don't care. I have so many fond memories there and to me it is more quaint and has more of Walt. I love them both but you are right DL will always be HOME.

And yes we are going to the Studios. I know it will be torn up and we may not stay long. I only have a lunch ressie that day at the Brown Derby. That has been on my bucket list so def want to do that and we love ToT and RNR so those 2 are a must as well as the GMR but other than those we may not be there long. I am sure with so much torn up that the rides that ARE there will be overloaded with people since it will limit what they can do. Plus I don't like their fantasmic and I have seen all the other shows so we prob won't stay. We are not getting hoppers so that will possibly be a day we go exploring more resorts or back to DTD or just to go back to the room and swim. :)

Sounds like a good plan.....Hard to believe so much of that park is going to be shut down.

Nice update. Love Crystal Palace but I think we have only eaten there once the very first time. Now that the girls are older we very rarely do a character meal because it is SO expensive and of course they all count as adults. They take pics with the characters in the parks but they have seen most of these before anyway and we are always trying to cut costs LOL. But I do love that restaurant and we just ironically got in. We went early to MK on our first trip and they were actually out front asking if anyone was interested in breakfast so we said sure why not and glad we did. Got some great pics of the castle with no one there and had a nice breakfast!

Great pics of Michayla. So glad she enjoyed herself!!

Wow....that's crazy that they were out looking for people to come in....especially at breakfast!! We love the character meals and would much rather pay the extra for the meals than stand in long character lines in the parks. Of course, with the FP+......we did set up a couple of the meets that way to avoid long lines. Michayla had a blast with the Pooh characters.....except poor Piglet.....lol

What an amazing meal you had at CP, the character interaction looked fabulous :)

We had a fun time with the characters and with us being there for a long time.....we got extra attention.

We were good to stay if they were good with us staying!! The weather was crazy!! The wind was blowing the sheets of rain sideways. Even being an Oregonian.....that was too much!!

I've never smelled a worse pair of shoes....they were rank!

Kids love the Tiki room. We have done this many times at Disneyland and of course they like the music. The thunder storm is the only part they're not big fans of.

Sounds like a good plan.....Hard to believe so much of that park is going to be shut down.

Wow....that's crazy that they were out looking for people to come in....especially at breakfast!! We love the character meals and would much rather pay the extra for the meals than stand in long character lines in the parks. Of course, with the FP+......we did set up a couple of the meets that way to avoid long lines. Michayla had a blast with the Pooh characters.....except poor Piglet.....lol

We had a fun time with the characters and with us being there for a long time.....we got extra attention.

Yea you have to remember though that we went 15 years ago in the middle of may on a weekday LOL. I am sure they don't do that at normal times of year but it was a slow time and so they were asking if anyone was interested. I have never seen it since LOL.

And yea I enjoy characters but honestly unless they are really unique or dressed in special holiday clothes or something we don't bother. But my kids are older so that isn't as important to them. I do like character meals and LOVE the buffets but when I go with my mom we are always trying to pinch pennies where we can and she is the type that would rather spend more on a fancy sit down meal than a character one and since she is the one paying I just go with the flow ;)

Love the MK pics!!! I love Crystal Palace and the pooh family. Eeyore selfie :rotfl2: That's hilarious. I may be 20 but I LOVE the Country Bears

Sorry I have been missing for awhile. You have had lots of updates. Finally all caught up.

I miss the Country Bears at Disneyland too. I couldn't get the kids to even go in at WDW to see it.

I don't know what it is with shoes, but there was a pair of mine that I ended up tossing too when we were there. So gross.

I love the Crystal Palace pictures. We have never eaten there, because Pooh and friends are not big with my kids, but everyone looks so happy in the pictures.

So glad you could get out of the rain. Being from Oregon, you would think we would be used to it, but we always got way more drenched with the rain there than we have ever been drenched here.

Hope everyone is feeling better at your house and everyone is happy and healthy. Today was first day back to school for my youngest, and she was not happy. Did you have lots of ice everywhere too?

Hi, been following since day 1!
Glad to see you updating. Your hubby's photo skills are amazing.

Love the MK pics!!! I love Crystal Palace and the pooh family. Eeyore selfie :rotfl2: That's hilarious. I may be 20 but I LOVE the Country Bears

Crystal Palace was a fun meal....I can't remember much about the food itself, but I know there was one main dish I really liked....wish I could remember what it was.

Sorry I have been missing for awhile. You have had lots of updates. Finally all caught up.

I miss the Country Bears at Disneyland too. I couldn't get the kids to even go in at WDW to see it.

I don't know what it is with shoes, but there was a pair of mine that I ended up tossing too when we were there. So gross.

I love the Crystal Palace pictures. We have never eaten there, because Pooh and friends are not big with my kids, but everyone looks so happy in the pictures.

So glad you could get out of the rain. Being from Oregon, you would think we would be used to it, but we always got way more drenched with the rain there than we have ever been drenched here.

Hope everyone is feeling better at your house and everyone is happy and healthy. Today was first day back to school for my youngest, and she was not happy. Did you have lots of ice everywhere too?

Welcome back & glad you caught up. I found some quiet moments & took full advantage of them. The rest of the week has a number of doctor and counseling appointments.....so not sure how quickly I'll get my next one in....but soon, I hope!

That's too bad the kids wouldn't go to the show.....I think it's enjoyable for all ages.

They supposedly were good for water, but I disagree......we had this wet dog smell in our room & couldn't figure out what it was. Finally pinpointed it to the sandals & as soon as we were able to find flip flops her size, we grabbed them & tossed the sandals......WOOF!!

The rain storms there are totally different than the ones here. When it pours.....it POURS!!

Everyone is healthy (knocking on wood) and hope it stays that way! Our kids went back yesterday.....I'm not sure I could have handled one more day.....winter break is a tough one in our house. Too much excitement and bad weather, so they are housebound. Summer break is fine.....but winter break is killer & then we had one snow day extra.......so mom was going batty! We got a dusting of snow on Sunday and then everything iced up. We had some freezing rain too. By Monday mid-afternoon......it had warmed up enough to start melting it off and also just rain......thank goodness!!

Hi, been following since day 1!
Glad to see you updating. Your hubby's photo skills are amazing.

Thank you so much for following along & saying hi!!!
Mike has gotten some good pictures but there were a lot of stinkers too. He takes thousands & thousands so we can pick out the best ones to share.

Popping in to say hi as I have a few hours "off". :) Hope all is well in your corner! I hope that after graduation in June I can finally meet you. Keep the updates coming, and I'll check in as I can.

Love your pictures!! Just finished reading everything and will definitely be following along. You have such a wonderful family:flower1:

Popping in to say hi as I have a few hours "off". :) Hope all is well in your corner! I hope that after graduation in June I can finally meet you. Keep the updates coming, and I'll check in as I can.

Howdy!! Been busy here of late with IEP meetings & appointments.....I'm running ragged!!

I would love that!!

Love your pictures!! Just finished reading everything and will definitely be following along. You have such a wonderful family:flower1:

Welcome and thank you so much!!!

After leaving the Crystal Palace, we headed towards Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor again.

Addy was picked for the 2nd time for the same thing: "For having a monster sitting behind her". Jasmin got picked to tell everyone what she wanted to be when she grew up, she said a cook.....the monster said "that's hot"! When we got out of the show, it started raining again, so we headed towards Tomorrowland Terrace since we would be attending the Wishes Dessert Party there.

I headed back out in search of sweatshirts for the girls, since the rain had really cooled the temperatures down. I ended up finding some really cute Minnie Mouse ones with mouse ears on the hood & a red polka dot bow. Mike took these pictures as they waited to get into line for the party.

Aren't these cute sweatshirts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter