WestJet direct Halifax to Orlando

mariethecat

Mouseketeer
I cannot find any WestJet direct flights from Halifax to Orlando in late 2023 or early 2024.
Does anyone know if they were available earlier this year?

In January WestJet announced they were pulling out of a number of Eastern Canadian markets to focus on Western Canada. I wouldn't be surprised if they no longer offer Halifax to Orlando any more. That being said that route isn't on their list of routes they announced they're cancelling.
On the flip-side, they recently closed on the deal to buy SunWing, so maybe they'll offer that route on SunWing?

I'm in Vancouver and there's only ONE direct flight a week to Orlando from here. We otherwise have to connect through Calgary or Toronto.

We had directs flights booked last trip in December and they canceled those and made them connections. I don't think they have them. If they do, be prepared for the bait and switch tactic. Pay more for direct, then get bamboozled into connections, short connection times at that!

We had directs flights booked last trip in December and they canceled those and made them connections. I don't think they have them. If they do, be prepared for the bait and switch tactic. Pay more for direct, then get bamboozled into connections, short connection times at that!
thats exactly what happened to us on our January flights :p

I noticed sunwing recently released some direct YHZ-MCO flights for early 2024 (I believe on Fridays).

It’s annoying to me that none of the airlines fly direct on weekends YHZ-MCO. Interestingly, Air Canada flies 7x a week direct to Tampa. Next March have booked direct YHZ-MCO on a Thursday but returning on a Saturday direct TPA-YHZ.

It's always been hard to find direct flights in Jan and Feb but, as others have said, WJ has drastically reduced their services to Atlantic Canada.

We tried to find even a flight with one connection this past March and everything we saw was 20+ hours and/or multiple connections.

Air Transat has announced direct flights starting in Dec this year. Air Canada has some in Feb, I haven't checked for Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter