West Coast Cruisers

4fosterkids

DIS Veteran
For those who have now done the West Coast Mexican Riviera Magic cruise, I'm curious, would you do it again for the same price? :boat:

If not, why?
What would you change if you could? :genie:

Just curious what is on people's minds now that its done.

For me.......I would love 2 days in Cabo, definitely my families favorite stop. :thewave:

I would do it again. However, we could skip Matazlan. (I think I spelled that wrong but its late! LOL) If we couldn't do the two days in Cabo then I would like a bit longer time in Cabo. Three sea days was a bit too much so if we had one of those in Cabo..just a thought. I have a feeling Disney is going to do something in 2007 for us West coast people from some of the posts I have seen regarding the 2007 dates not being released until March or April 2006. something's up.
Lori

I haven't been on Disney's Mexican Riviera cruise, but have on RCCL.

I probably wouldn't do it again because we like to go to different ports, which is why we haven't cruised with DCL for 2 years now. We love the Caribbean ocean better than the Mexican Riviera.

Now on the flip side I would love to go to St. Johns for a week. We did not stay there long enough on the cruise! There is a timeshare owned by the Westin and it is beautiful. Is there enough for you to do in Cabo for a week?

Deb

I would do it again...if money was no object. :-)

I would do the same cruise...just probably wouldn't get off the boat anywhere but Cabo. I didn't mind the sea days and actually would have liked more but I think that's cuz it was our first cruise and we didn't get the hang of how to work everything into our schedule until the last couple of days. I need to go back and FINISH! LOL!

CB

No, I wouldn't do it again, unless it was paid for. I LOVE DCL and am doing another cruise next year, but the Mexican Rivieria wasn't all that great IMO. We loved Cabo, and do plan on returning for a longer vacation, but Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan were horrible. I guess coming from the East Coast and being frequent visitors to the Caribbean, we weren't really impressed with the ports. Except Cabo. We'll go back to our usual 1 week vacation in St. John next summer, and cruise the western in the fall.

Note to dairyou: We have stayed on St. John MANY times, so if you need any advice on where to stay, let me know!

No, we wouldn't return again. We've cruised the east coast on DCL and it seemed a lot more "Magical" than our much more expensive DCL Mexican Cruise. I didn't feel like the experience was worth the expense. :flower:

While I LOVED that DCL was on the west coast and therefore not a days worth of flights away for us (just 3 hours of flights instead...yea!), I couldn't see doing the Mexican Riviera again any time soon. We loved the shore excursions that we did, but got very tired of all the people trying to sell anything and everything for "almost free, lady"....even my kids got tired of having to say "no, gracias" all the time.
For the price, I can fly our family to FL and do the DCL cruise there.

If the price was incredibly low, I might sail with DCL on the Mexican Riviera...I just probably wouldn't get off the ship much. We enjoyed the Resort we visited in Puerto Vallarta and Randi's Horses in Mazatlan but would like Disney to have some new Ports on the West Coast.

This trip was my third "Magical" cruise. Loved our canopy adventure in Puerto Vallarta (watched the DVD again last night), enjoyed the beach at Mazatlan despite the jelly fish, felt most beachy in Cabo but water was a little too cold for me! That said, I took along a young lady, who until this trip, had never been on a cruise let alone out of the country and to watch her eyes light up on everything that happened was truly "Magical".

I will probably being doing a Mexican cruise again in a couple of years because a group of us are turning 50. We are going to pick a cruise line where we will hang out with the least amount of children :goodvibes I am the only one enamored with Disney so even if the ship was on the West Coast we wouldn't be cruising with them....

That said, I put a deposit down yesterday to sail with Crystal Cruise next summer on the Mecury, sailing the inside passage in Alaska. We have a "Sky Suite" for about the same money then we spent on our interior cabins (2 w/5 for the West Coast cruise. In order to sail more, which I really like to do, I will have to resort to some lower price cruises.... :goodvibes

I have to agree with many of the other posts. I would for sure so another Disney Cruise on the west coast, but maybe not the exersions. I would do my own thing or stay on the ship. For me, it is about the Disney Experience and staying on the ship is fun!! Cabo was the best stop also and staying two days there would be nice! Esp since our time was shortest in that port. I cannot wait to go again!!!

Calikeri

I loved my excursion (zip line) in PV, but the port itself... not much to be desired. In Mazatlan, we spent our whole time on Stone Island and liked it. I can't really say that we saw Mazatlan. We did love Cabo! The weather was great, it was clean, fewer drivers so I felt safe walking all over. The beaches seemed great for water sports, but not so safe for kids to play in the waves (if I wanted undertow like some beaches had there I could stay in Northern CA). The people we met in Mazatlan and Cabo were very nice! Would I go again, no. I can say that I have done the west coast of Mexico, and see no need to repeat it.

We loved the sea days! The cruise was wonderful and well worth the money! I would do it more often if it was more affordable (maybe that means we will have to figure out cheap travel to Florida).

I'd like to add to the OP's question...what if they brought the Wonder to the West Coast one summer and did 3 and 4 day cruises like they do in FL? Would you do that again? Just curious!

Lisa :flower:

I don't think I would do the 7 day again on the west coast but would do a 3 or 4 day if that is what they do in a few years. I Love being on the disney ship and where ever they would go would be lots of fun.

My 7 year old granddaughter and I really enjoyed our Mexican Riveria sail and I'd go again :cool1: - loved the sea days and enjoyed the ports (typical Mexico) and we only scratched the surface on the ship and the ports so we NEED to go again :love:

If the 3 or 4 day went the same places that most cruise lines do now (Catalina and Ensenada) I can tell you I would definately NOT go. Even with how wonderful DCL is, you can't make those ports interesting enough for me to pay that kind of money.

We had a wonderful time on the July 2 Mexican Riviera cruise but would not cruise the West Coast again. The days at sea were too cold and the water in the different ports was too cold to swim. We did like Cabo San Lucas the best.

We would definitely cruise the Carribean again with DCL . We would love to see new ports in the Carribean for a 7 or 10 day summer 2007 DCL cruise.( or possibly Mediterranean if it's offered ).I did send DCL an e-mail expressing these same sentiments.

I would cruise again on the West Coast but much later in the summer. June 4th was way too cold. I was walking around the ship in a fleece on Sunday and Friday!!! I did love seeing the west coast as well as Mexico. I would not fly to CA. to do a 3 or 4 day cruise though...not worth the effort to go across country for that little bit of time.

I would also like to see Disney to longer carribean cruises. I would love to cruise to St. Lucia and several other ports that they are going to during the Christmas sailing. That time of year will never work for me so I hope DCL will announce longer sailings during the summer months.

I would do it again in a flash - regardless of cost! :flower:

Of course I'm one of the ones hoping the ship will be back in 2007. If they were only doing 3 or 4 day cruises, I'd probably have to book back to back cruises because I don't think 3 or 4 nights would be enough!

Cabo also was our favorite port, but we found something to like in all of them.

Here's hoping they come back! :wizard:

We enjoyed the West Coast cruise but having been to the Carribean, we couldn't help but compare. I agree with the previous posters that the weather on the July 2 West Coast cruise wasn't optimal, as we were not able to enjoy the decks and pools on two sea days. The beaches are definitely better in the Carribean, with fine white sand, pristine blue waters and warm weather. Embarkation and disembarkation procedures are much smoother and more organized in Port Canaveral. So, even though we had a wonderful time in the Mexican Riviera, we will probably not do it again, DCL or otherwise.

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

I guess it's my turn to add my two cents too ;)

We loved it and had a great time and glad we did it with no regrets - but like most of the other replies here - water way too cool for swimming (jelly fish did not help either). Sat. - sail away day, and Sunday - extremely cool and windy - this also included Friday coming back up. I would of liked to have been on deck 10 on a lounge chair with a drink. Because of the weather, for the first time (3rd DCL cruise), we felt like there were a ton of kids on the ship (and people). Everyone was inside - kids running all over the places and strollers all over the place. Nothing wrong with it and they are always there - point is, could not be outside.

No problem with ports, Mexico is Mexico - we loved Cabo and loved the other two excursions in PV and Maztalan (sons went scuba diving too). This is definitely my opinion/feeling. We definitely prefer the caribbean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter