West Coast Cruisers

We'd do it again, but do different excursions. Hopefully the prices would drop though. I'd do a 3-4 nighter also. I have never been to the carribean so I have nothing to compare it to. More time in Cabo would be nice.

We enjoyed PV and Cabo, Cabo so much, that we've decided next year to rent a house and stay in Cabo for a week! :cool1: I hadn't been to Mazatlan in ten years, was slightly disappointed, might be another ten years before I go back.

We'd do another DCL on the West Coast, it's easier for us to get there than Florida. I'd just stay on the ship in Mazatlan.

Lorena

We hadn't ever cruised or gone to Mexico, so it was a good experience for us. We really liked Cabo (which seems to be most people's experience here), and would readily consider flying there for a long weekend (probably not an entire week, though).

Would we take this cruise itinerary again? Nope. We'd consider going to the Carribean in December in a couple of years.

But given the choice between the West Coast and the Carribean right now, in the summer? I'd take the West Coast and skip the uncertainty of hurricane weather. I think I must be the only one who didn't mind the cooler weather and overcast days. I was happy to not have to worry about sunburn, especially for my kids!

LiserAnn said:
I'd like to add to the OP's question...what if they brought the Wonder to the West Coast one summer and did 3 and 4 day cruises like they do in FL? Would you do that again? Just curious!

Lisa :flower:
Definitely would not do just a 3 or 4 day...to anywhere. It took me about a day to get my sea legs (I wasn't sick...just felt weird) and a little longer for DH (who has severe motion sickness issues.) Once I did, though, I loved everything about being on the ship and would feel gypped if I only got 2 or 3 more days.

CB

We'll be on the Aug. 6th sailing. Last year we did the 4 night RCCL cruise and the ports were San Diego, Catalina and Ensenada. If Disney did the 3/4 day cruises Ensenada would be the only Mexican port, and not a very pretty or adventurous port at that! We are cruising for the "Magic"al experience and will take the ports for what they are.

...possibly at a different time of the year. I did enjoy the cooler weather for the change from the Arizona heat. I do miss though the day at Castaway Cay. I really believe that the this final stop when doing the Eastern and Western Caribbean makes those cruises so much better. For the money though, I would do the Caribbean cruises before I would do another DCL West Coast cruise.

hi to all the july 2nd cruisers. we can't stay away can we! well i agree with alot that has been said. we really did miss castaway cay. you don't have to think about where you are going who and how you are getting there and no peddlers! we are from the jersey shore and even though it rained a bit in PV our beach is just the same. now mazatlan we went to a beach resort los sabalos and we lucked out to swim without any jelly fish! and had a great time together but again, the peddlers were non stop. cabo, was the best . the water was freezing!! but refreshing. then it was very dissapointing to have cold! burr! weather outside on friday. all in all we still had a great time and are very curios to the itenierary for 2007. we love being in DL for the 50th. i bought the cd and hace been blasting the wishes fireworks music. well as you can see what a wonderful vacation. is anyone having post dcl blues!! well smile and remember the "magic" lisa!

Lisa,
So glad to see your name again. When I saw you and others from our cruise on this thread it really brightened my evening. I agree with many of the comments already posted. No Castaway Cay, cooler weather, didn't find that clear, blue water I am used to on DCL and rougher ocean, would keep me for cruising out of California again...We had a great time and all of our excursions were really fun, but I missed time on the deck, just relaxing. I also loved getting to see DL, but it does not have the same feeling for me as WDW. I know I will go to WDW many more times, but don't find the need to visit DL again. Like I said, I'm so glad I got to see it, but once was enough for me. And yes I am having post DCL blues.. Just wishing I could plan another Disney Cruise. Plannig seemed to be a big part of the fun!!!
Have a great week,
Angie

We love being on the Magic anytime and anywhere. That said, we missed the Caribbean waters and sunshine. We were on the May 28th sailing and spent two of our sea days in capris and sweatshirts. PV and Maztaland(sp?) cannot compare to St. Thomas, St. Martin or Grand Cayman. We love being on Castaway Cay. Would we do the west coast again? Probably. We feel in love with Disneyland and Cabo.

Poconoboatniks :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter