We're late for a very important date May 2013 TR Updated 5/17 New TR started!

I read about Gavin's first BD party previously and thought I had commented, but I guess not!

Great job! I love the theming- lots of great Disney touches.

Looks like you had a great day!

That's a big stash of presents for a little guy!

Sounds like a decent start to the day so far, except for the very crowded park. I love the sleeping "first visit" picture! :rotfl: I can't wait to see New Fantasyland when we go. Looks so cool. And I believe that is the first picture I've seen of the Rapunzel bathroom (but you clearly weren't the only one taking one, based on the guy in one of the pictures). It looks pretty neat! Columbia Harbor House looks good. I remember really liking the tuna sandwich. And, oddly enough, when I saw the broccoli, I thought, "I'll have to keep that in mind for Dug Baby, because she'd really like that." Then I read that you thought Gavin would have really liked it. I guess that's how you can identify a baby-led weaning baby! :rotfl:

The birthday party was so cute! Hooray for a first ride on the Jungle Cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In other news, I have decided to stop being lame and stop giving these updates titles that are the names of Big Bang Theory episodes. I will be changing the past installment titles at some point.

:lmao: I don't watch BBT so I was pretty confused by your titles! :rotfl:

But anyway, yay for finally getting to a park! I can't believe there's a 1.5 hour wait for lunch at a CS restaurant, even if it is BoG! :scared1: That's totally crazy to me. So yay for CHH. Probably my favorite place to eat in MK! I am thinking of getting that sandwich, but I'm a little hesitant because I'm not a huge mayonnaise fan, although I can eat things like tuna salad or chicken salad made with it as long as it's not like runny mayonnaisey with only a hint of tuna/chicken. Does that make sense? Is the sandwich like that?

Never been on JC?! :lmao: I sure hope you were able to use those FP's later or you are seriously missing out on some amazing corny puns!

Oh no! I hope it wasn't too huge of a mistake! I'm enjoying reading so far, although not enjoying all the obstacles you ran into! Gavin is ADORABLE, and I can't wait to hear what happens next. I hope things started to go better for you!

Yeah we totally should have avoided the Magic Kingdom.... oh well! At least we got to see New Fantasyland!

Aw, great Mickey birthday party! Everything looks awesome!

I agree about baby led weaning being awesome. Pretty much every night at dinner I comment on how cool it is that she just sits down with us and shares what we're having for dinner. She's been pigging out on chicken chili the last couple days. Looks like Gavin's doing great with it too.

I still can't believe my baby boy is one :sad: Where did the time go!
Baby food is gross, lol. If we had not have done BLW I would've made my own baby food. But who has time for that? It's awesome not worrying about what he is going to eat. The only time I make him something different is if we are eating something unhealthy (pizza, something with fries) but luckily that rarely happens.

Adorable Mickey party. LOVE his cake, it's so perfect! You can sure see how loved that boy is. :goodvibes
Thanks! Oh my goodness I am overwhelmed by how loved Gavin is! Just about everyone we invited came to the party (including our friends who just had their third baby girl SIX DAYS before, crazy!) which I was not expecting at all. Our church family is amazing. There is an older member at our church that has to see Gavin after every service and she tells him she loves him every time. It's so sweet. I can't believe how much joy Gavin has brought to the lives of others. Okay I'll stop now, lol

:cool1: You made it to a park!!!

So far I don't really see any mistakes.

Too bad about no lunch at BOG, but it looks like lunch at my fave CHH really hit the spot. All of the food looked great!

Awesome that Gavin slept so long. The pictures of the three of you (I like the purple with all of your Ravens gear) and the one of Gavin sleeping are really cute!!!

Jungle Cruise FP sound like a good idea. The standby line wait can be really brutal.

At the rate we were going, I'm not sure if anyone thought we were actually going to do anything at Disney haha.

The mistake was going to the Magic Kingdom. It was packed. That Merida thing was a big deal, just didn't realize until later. I'll post about that in the next update though.

Although CHH is no BoG, it was still really good. And we had plans to eat there later in the week so I wasn't too upset.

I'm surprised you like our pictures with Ravens gear, aren't you a Patriots fan? :rolleyes1

I read about Gavin's first BD party previously and thought I had commented, but I guess not!

Great job! I love the theming- lots of great Disney touches.

Looks like you had a great day!

That's a big stash of presents for a little guy!

Thanks! Our little guy is super loved, I'll tell you that. It took us about 2 days (off/on) over his birthday to get everything opened up!

Sounds like a decent start to the day so far, except for the very crowded park. I love the sleeping "first visit" picture! :rotfl: I can't wait to see New Fantasyland when we go. Looks so cool. And I believe that is the first picture I've seen of the Rapunzel bathroom (but you clearly weren't the only one taking one, based on the guy in one of the pictures). It looks pretty neat! Columbia Harbor House looks good. I remember really liking the tuna sandwich. And, oddly enough, when I saw the broccoli, I thought, "I'll have to keep that in mind for Dug Baby, because she'd really like that." Then I read that you thought Gavin would have really liked it. I guess that's how you can identify a baby-led weaning baby! :rotfl:
haha yes at least I wasn't the only crazy one taking pictures of the bathroom! LOL it's funny we both had the same thought about the broccoli!

The birthday party was so cute! Hooray for a first ride on the Jungle Cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks! Or was it a great first ride on the Jungle Cruise? dun dun dun...

:lmao: I don't watch BBT so I was pretty confused by your titles! :rotfl:

But anyway, yay for finally getting to a park! I can't believe there's a 1.5 hour wait for lunch at a CS restaurant, even if it is BoG! :scared1: That's totally crazy to me. So yay for CHH. Probably my favorite place to eat in MK! I am thinking of getting that sandwich, but I'm a little hesitant because I'm not a huge mayonnaise fan, although I can eat things like tuna salad or chicken salad made with it as long as it's not like runny mayonnaisey with only a hint of tuna/chicken. Does that make sense? Is the sandwich like that?

Never been on JC?! :lmao: I sure hope you were able to use those FP's later or you are seriously missing out on some amazing corny puns!

haha I was wondering why nobody was commenting on the titles or asking what was going on, you all thought I had lost it LOL. An hour and a half wait for food when you are already hungry is miserable. I think you would be alright with that tuna. I'm not a huge mayo lover (I don't like the taste itself but if its mixed with stuff its fine) and it's not runny, it's chunky if that makes sense.

I still have never been on Jungle Cruise but I have heard some of the corny puns. Someday!

We tried CHH for the first time back in April. I don't know why I've never eaten in there before but we really liked it. I like that they have a variety of healthy choices on the menu as well. :thumbsup2 Not that I had any of that but if I wanted to eat healthy well....at least that is an option! :rotfl2::rotfl:

All right,I saw your photo of Gavin with his giraffe, and I just had to say, my son LOVES Sophie.

This is a poor photo, but the only one I had available to show you:

I'm sorry the Magic Kingdom was packed due to Merida becoming an official princess. Sounds like you guys aren't having too horrible of a start, though!

Don't feel bad about Jungle Cruise, I rode it for the first time last year. And it's so tucked away in Adventureland that I completely understand how you passed it by that first time.

Can't wait to see what you thought of the ride!

We tried CHH for the first time back in April. I don't know why I've never eaten in there before but we really liked it. I like that they have a variety of healthy choices on the menu as well. :thumbsup2 Not that I had any of that but if I wanted to eat healthy well....at least that is an option! :rotfl2::rotfl:

Yes we really like it there too. I agree, healthy and Disney World don't go together but if they did, at least there are options! :rotfl2:

Great update! :)

Thank you!

All right,I saw your photo of Gavin with his giraffe, and I just had to say, my son LOVES Sophie.

This is a poor photo, but the only one I had available to show you:

I'm sorry the Magic Kingdom was packed due to Merida becoming an official princess. Sounds like you guys aren't having too horrible of a start, though!

Don't feel bad about Jungle Cruise, I rode it for the first time last year. And it's so tucked away in Adventureland that I completely understand how you passed it by that first time.

Can't wait to see what you thought of the ride!

That picture is so sweet! We still haven't rode the Jungle Cruise. As I say every trip - next time!

Photo0040FourBySix_zpse8754fc3.jpg

haha - love the pic! Sorry he had slept through so much - but I guess in the long run that is a good thing

Hi Melissa! Joining in late, and I'm still catching up.

Gavin is adorable. He seems like such a good little traveler.

The nemo suite looks incredible and the resort is very picturesque!

I love the first photopass of Gavin passed out. His stroller looks comfortable. I still haven't bought a stroller, we just have a snap and go. Do you like your britax?

His first birthday pics are so sweet. You did a great job with all of the decorations. I hope to try baby led weaning as well, I'm happy to read you like it. :goodvibes

Hi Melissa. I'm caught up!
Oh my gosh! You went to MK on Merida's coronation day. That must have meant huge crowds!

I like your table at Coral Reef. We've been seated in the top tier and by the tank and I think I prefer the top tier so that you get the entire expanse of the aquarium. That and people don't crowd around your table to see the fish.

That is an adorable photo of Gavin inside Bruce.

So did your tongue turn orange after eating that cheesecake? :)

I remember the days of holding a baby while pushing the stroller and feeling so ridiculous doing so, but we gotta keep those babies happy! Now when he doesn't want to be in it, he wants to push it himself, so getting older brings all kinds of fun new challenges. :lmao:

That cheesecake looks delicious!

I'm surprised you like our pictures with Ravens gear, aren't you a Patriots fan? :rolleyes1

Yes, most definitely a Patriots Fan!

I think I was commenting on how great you all looked in matching gear.

However... my son Ben played flag football for the Ravens and the shirt is one of his favorites. He wears it all the time. I posted a picture of the 4 of us at a family reunion on the Beach Club FAQ thread because it was a nice picture of us- I didn't notice what he was wearing. I got a lot ribbing because there a many New Englanders on the board and everyone knows that I root for the Patriots.

:rotfl2:

I'm all caught up on your report!

:cool1:

Really cute pictures on the Peoplemover!

I didn't remember that you haven't been on it before! It is a really nice ride, usually the line is nice and short. We use it a lot if we are waiting for a FP to mature in Tomorrowland. In fact, often the standby and FP times for Buzz will be about the same, 30 minutes or so, so we pull a FP and ride the Peoplemover so we can enjoy two attractions in the same amount of time.

I love the pictures of your room, and the pictures that your Brandan took of the elevator murals. What awesome details!

Bummer about the bloody shirt from the fingernail trim. My DH always had fingernail duty when the boys were young. I was the "tooth" parent, he was "nails"

Nice job getting to Coral Reef on time! It is probably best that Gavin slept through most of the meal so you could relax and enjoy. Everything looked really good. The boys wanted to switch out our La Hacienda reservation for Coral Reef since it has been quite a few years since we have been there. You will see in my next update whether we made the right choice or not (Shameless Plug :rotfl2:)

What is a Coconut Freeze??? YUM!!! I am a sucker for anything with coconut!

LOVE the pictures with Bruce! I noticed the EPCOT logo. Were those photopass pictures or did you upload some of your own pictures?

Your dinner at Coral Reef sounds delicious; I'm glad you all enjoyed your food. Question, did you take the stroller into the restaurant since Gavin was asleep? And if so, were there any issues?
Aghhh...I never realized how much there is to think about when you have a baby with you. So grateful I'm reading your TR; you've given me several little notes to keep in mind while I'm there.

I'm surprised your DS wasn't that into the aquarium or Turtle Talk. I would've thought they would have captured his attention. :confused3 Once again, another thing I have to expect while in Disney. :lmao:

Isn't the tie-dye cheesecake delicious? It's good you were able to get some after you left Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter