We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

Loved the family museum :thumbsup2 we even took a "not very Disney" 9 and 12 year olds and they really enjoyed it :cool1:

Loved the family museum :thumbsup2 we even took a "not very Disney" 9 and 12 year olds and they really enjoyed it :cool1:

That's good to hear about your 9 & 12 yr old......all of our kids are Disney fans....but museum's aren't as fun as the parks......but they'll tolerate them because they know that will be coming up in the trip....... :goodvibes

There are "hands-on" components along the way which will help :thumbs:

That's good.....my kids are pretty interested in Disney stuff (like the things that used to be all over the Disneyland Hotel Lobby). Besides, they know if they're good at the museum....they'll get to go play at a playground. :rotfl:

Following along :goodvibes

Wow, it all looks great. You are so organised :worship:
We are going to Disneyland for the first time in July so I'm interested in how all your planning is working out and it's making me want to be more organised :)

Following along :goodvibes

Wow, it all looks great. You are so organised :worship:
We are going to Disneyland for the first time in July so I'm interested in how all your planning is working out and it's making me want to be more organised :)

Welcome!!

I'm what you would call an uber-planner......lol I like having all my info together & things planned out. The only thing we never plan out is our rides. We'll plan meals, shows, parades, fireworks, etc.....but never the rides. :goodvibes

How exciting....you first trip!!!! :banana: We L:love:VE Disneyland....and I hope you do to!!

So I thought I'd share my travel binder & then the accordion file I actually carry around in my purse with all our important things.

The big binder allows me to gather information & have it right at my finger tips. I keep information on our motel reservations (price, confirmation #), the email confirmations on the reservations, our budget, monies paid out & saved, our meal budget for each restaurant/day, a sheet I can track on actual money spent on the meals (that way I can keep track & make sure we're not over spending), I do the same with our daily snack budget, menus for the restaurants we are planning on going to, the day by itinerary & travel brochures.

The accordion file is our lifeline as this holds our motel addresses, phone #'s & confirmation # for check-in, the admission tickets we were able to pre-buy & all the gift cards we purchased. This is always with me on our trips, since it has all the important things in it!! I can't carry the big ol' binder with me.....lol :rotfl2:

So this goes to show you that I am an over the top uber-planner!!! :rotfl:

Laurie --

Your planning binders and folders never cease to amaze me! It helps to be that organized, but it also helps to keep your own excitement up. In other words, it's a fun way to map out the trip -- which can sometimes be stressful for folks to do.

I was thinking about Knott's Berry Farm and Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner. As a child, I think I had this idea that Buena Park and Anaheim were very close together. Whenever we'd drive down to Disneyland -- which took a good hour or 90 minutes in the old days -- I remember thinking that Buena Park was part of Anaheim and that Knotts was right down the street.:rotfl2: I thought that we could just hop over to Knott's right after Disneyland. Lol. Even though those two cities may not technically be that far from each other now, they are not as close as I once thought they were.

If Snoopy and the Peanuts gang had been a presence at Knott's in the days of my youth, I am certain I would have been hounding the adults to take me to Knott's every year.

I thought of you the other day. I was making my rounds and running errands, and one of my stops was Starbucks at the Farmers Market (I had a gift card). Starbucks is right around the corner from Du-pars, with a restaurant called Short Order in between them. (Du-pars has an "A" rating displayed in the window, you'll be pleased to know, so at least you know you are eating at a clean place!:rotfl2:)

Then I passed by Johnny Rockets on my way to The Grove. I almost stopped inside JR to ask if they had gift cards in stock, but I didn't.

I made my way through The Grove, stopping at See's Candy to get a sample and then peeking in at Sprinkles Cupcakes to see what the line was looking like. It was nowhere near as long of a line as it was when I checked it in December, but it was not empty either. They have got to find a way to expand that Sprinkles location so that it is more than just a walk-up counter!

I am somewhat organized, but you take the cake! :) I LOVE it!! Your trip sounds fantastic, and I'm envious! I love road trips, and can't wait until my husband and I are retired and on the road for long periods of time! I am anxious to see the Walt Disney museum, can't wait to hear about it! I look forward to hearing all about this trip after you actually take it, and see more pictures along the way!! WTG Laurie!

WOW...I am doing similar stuff with written out calanders but not nearly as detailed as you!! :lmao: I may have to look into what you got going on with the meal prices and stuff that would help a ton knowing about how much to budget!!

Laurie --

Your planning binders and folders never cease to amaze me! It helps to be that organized, but it also helps to keep your own excitement up. In other words, it's a fun way to map out the trip -- which can sometimes be stressful for folks to do.

I was thinking about Knott's Berry Farm and Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner. As a child, I think I had this idea that Buena Park and Anaheim were very close together. Whenever we'd drive down to Disneyland -- which took a good hour or 90 minutes in the old days -- I remember thinking that Buena Park was part of Anaheim and that Knotts was right down the street.:rotfl2: I thought that we could just hop over to Knott's right after Disneyland. Lol. Even though those two cities may not technically be that far from each other now, they are not as close as I once thought they were.

If Snoopy and the Peanuts gang had been a presence at Knott's in the days of my youth, I am certain I would have been hounding the adults to take me to Knott's every year.

I thought of you the other day. I was making my rounds and running errands, and one of my stops was Starbucks at the Farmers Market (I had a gift card). Starbucks is right around the corner from Du-pars, with a restaurant called Short Order in between them. (Du-pars has an "A" rating displayed in the window, you'll be pleased to know, so at least you know you are eating at a clean place!:rotfl2:)

Then I passed by Johnny Rockets on my way to The Grove. I almost stopped inside JR to ask if they had gift cards in stock, but I didn't.

I made my way through The Grove, stopping at See's Candy to get a sample and then peeking in at Sprinkles Cupcakes to see what the line was looking like. It was nowhere near as long of a line as it was when I checked it in December, but it was not empty either. They have got to find a way to expand that Sprinkles location so that it is more than just a walk-up counter!

Thanks for thinking of me......lol Glad to hear that DuPar's is clean!!! Don't want to eat at a nasty place!! :crazy2: I'm not sure what to do about Sprinkle's......I'm not sure we'd be hungry to eat one while we're there (before heading up to Walt's Barn).....and don't think they'd do too good in a hot van while we're at Walt's Barn.......guess we'll be playing this one by ear.

Have you ever eaten at Johnny Rockets?? If I recall, the wait staff sing & dance?? .....or am I thinking of something else...... :confused3

I am somewhat organized, but you take the cake! :) I LOVE it!! Your trip sounds fantastic, and I'm envious! I love road trips, and can't wait until my husband and I are retired and on the road for long periods of time! I am anxious to see the Walt Disney museum, can't wait to hear about it! I look forward to hearing all about this trip after you actually take it, and see more pictures along the way!! WTG Laurie!

I'm looking forward to doing some new things & showing kids a variety of attractions. I'm excited for the DFM......they are doing a Mary Blair exhibit!!! "It's a Small World after all......."

WOW...I am doing similar stuff with written out calanders but not nearly as detailed as you!! :lmao: I may have to look into what you got going on with the meal prices and stuff that would help a ton knowing about how much to budget!!

Well keep in mind I budget high on the places that don't list their prices out. I also prefer to have too much money put aside for meals & then having extra as we near the end of the trip.

As for the Disneyland meals (Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, DownTown Disney & the 3 Disney hotels)...... check out allears.net for menus & prices. It will tell you when the prices have last been updated.

I just got off the phone with Sea World....just reserved us for the Breakfast with Shamu!!! That should be a lot of fun!! :cool1:

So many great trips. i have having spreadsheets and plans too, and I love the accordion file! I will have to keep an eye out for those! :thumbsup2

So many great trips. i have having spreadsheets and plans too, and I love the accordion file! I will have to keep an eye out for those! :thumbsup2

I found the according file at Safeway (grocery store) in the stationery stuff. It's supposed to be used as a coupon holder/file.

Woo Hoo our Angel's baseball tickets just came in!!!

Have you ever been to Angels Stadium? I would like to see rennovated Chavez ravine or Angels Stadium, but the Dodgers are in town when I'm at Disneyland and the Angels are in town when I'm in Hollywood. Which makes travel without a car to the game hard?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter