We're Home From the Road!! 17 Days of Travel with Tons of Pics~COMPLETE!!

We are getting so much snow here.......and we live in an area that rarely gets snow. I will post pictures tomorrow!

It wasn't intentional in the beginning.....it was just coincidental that the dates fell that way.......but I did realize it after the itinerary was set. Not sure they'll do anything special or not, since it's not a "milestone" year.

Here's what they typically do:

-They do some speeches about opening day
-At one point during the day, the play the opening day speech that Walt did and they even sing happy birthday to Disneyland
-sometimes, the characters even come out

Here's what they typically do:

-They do some speeches about opening day
-At one point during the day, the play the opening day speech that Walt did and they even sing happy birthday to Disneyland
-sometimes, the characters even come out

That would be fun to be a part of singing Happy Birthday to Disneyland!!! Thanks Kaitlin.......I just figured they wouldn't have anything going on....just more stuff on the 5 and 10's (50th, 55th, 60th)

We've been there twice on Disney's birthday. Will be there again this year. I love singing happy birthday and seeing the characters come out. So many you don't normally see. I will admit getting excited/teary eyed to see Daisy Duck in 2012.

We've been there twice on Disney's birthday. Will be there again this year. I love singing happy birthday and seeing the characters come out. So many you don't normally see. I will admit getting excited/teary eyed to see Daisy Duck in 2012.

You know you can see Daisy at the Surf's Up with Mickey breakfast at the Paradise Pier Hotel. She is usually pretty regular there. It's also the only character meal with Mickey Mouse!!!

That would be fun to be a part of singing Happy Birthday to Disneyland!!! Thanks Kaitlin.......I just figured they wouldn't have anything going on....just more stuff on the 5 and 10's (50th, 55th, 60th)

No problem. I do know they play Walt's opening day speech too. I was really there on the 50th anniversary.

No problem. I do know they play Walt's opening day speech too. I was really there on the 50th anniversary.

That's so neat.....we were there a few weeks after the celebration....but it was AWESOME seeing all the photo collages, gold ride vehicles and all the other 50th touches!!!! It also was my boys first trip to Disneyland!!!

We also seen her and got to dance with her in the dance area in DCA by the mad t party?? thing I can't remember the name of it but its an inside building where you can dance with characters.

We also seen her and got to dance with her in the dance area in DCA by the mad t party?? thing I can't remember the name of it but its an inside building where you can dance with characters.

Oh, yes.....I remember seeing that on our last trip....but it was closed for a private event. "Dancing with Disney".....but I'm not seeing it on the Disneyland website anymore. Wonder if it's still available??

Exciting day......we got our Federal Tax Return back....so I was online making some purchases towards our trip!!! :woohoo:

1. Purchased our Southern California City Pass with Zoo add-on. This gives us 3 days at Disneyland/California Adventure with an early entry one morning, 1 day at Universal Studios Hollywood, 1 day at San Diego Sea World and the add-on of 1 day at the San Diego Zoo. This was a HUGE cost in our trip! But we saved money buying this -vs- purchasing each park separately.

2. Purchased our Monterey Bay Aquarium Tickets.

3. Purchased Disney Gift Cards online.

4. Purchased San Diego Zoo Gift Cards to cover souvenirs & food.

5. Purchased Hard Rock Cafe Gift Cards online. Plan on doing dinner at the Universal City Walk.

6. Purchased Famous Dave's BBQ Gift Cards online. Plan on doing dinner in Gilroy.

7. Purchased In & Out Gift Cards online. We have 3 dinners planned at these restaurants. We don't have them here in Oregon & we love them!!! Besides, they're affordable!

I was going to purchase our Disney Family Museum Tickets, but those are print at home & I need to get ink for the printer first.

Any one know where to get gift cards for Sea World, Johnny Rockets or Krispy Kreme?? Didn't have much luck online and don't have any close by.

So pretty productive day. I want to pay as much ahead of time as I can....unfortunately some of the places I can't get tickets until we arrive at their doors.

I can't believe that Sea World doesn't offer gift card purchases online. That surprises me. I guess I'm surprised about Krispy Kreme too. In this day and age everything has a gift card purchase option online -- whether it is an actual plastic card, or an e-gift card that you print out.

As for Johnny Rockets, I can see that they are doing things the same way Earl of Sandwich does them, which is to only sell the gift cards at the restaurants. It's like they want to make people actually go into the restaurant to get the card!:rotfl2:

If you are absolutely in need of a JR gift card and can't get it any other way, I can pick one up (or however many) for you before your trip, and then I guess mail it/them back to you. There are at least 2 JR locations (maybe even a third one that I am forgetting) in my neighborhood -- one at the Farmers Market, and one at the Petersen Auto Museum.

Can you use a Knott's Berry Farm gift card for the Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner? Is there a Knott's gift card (I've never gotten one)?

Does the Charles Schulz Museum have a gift card?

I can't believe that Sea World doesn't offer gift card purchases online. That surprises me. I guess I'm surprised about Krispy Kreme too. In this day and age everything has a gift card purchase option online -- whether it is an actual plastic card, or an e-gift card that you print out.

As for Johnny Rockets, I can see that they are doing things the same way Earl of Sandwich does them, which is to only sell the gift cards at the restaurants. It's like they want to make people actually go into the restaurant to get the card!:rotfl2:

If you are absolutely in need of a JR gift card and can't get it any other way, I can pick one up (or however many) for you before your trip, and then I guess mail it/them back to you. There are at least 2 JR locations (maybe even a third one that I am forgetting) in my neighborhood -- one at the Farmers Market, and one at the Petersen Auto Museum.

Can you use a Knott's Berry Farm gift card for the Mrs. Knott's chicken dinner? Is there a Knott's gift card (I've never gotten one)?

Does the Charles Schulz Museum have a gift card?

The Sea World in Orlando offers gift card/certificates (can't remember which now) that supposedly is good for any Sea World......but it kinda makes me nervous that it's not available for purchase from the San Diego site. I think it was a certificate. So I'd rather not chance it.

Krispy Kreme surprised me.....but I might make my son in Portland take a short trip to pick us up one or maybe I'll go a little out of my way to pick them up when we take the twins to Portland for appts. First I would call them to find out if they even have them..........

I don't HAVE to get a Johnny Rockets one but like I said....just trying to secure what I can ahead of time.

I looked on the Knott's sight and couldn't find Gift Cards for there and I'd call the restaurant first to see if they would be valid there.....if they did have them.

Charles M Schulz Museum doesn't have them or pre-sell tickets.

Speaking of the museum.......I did order the Peanut's 60's & 70's collection of cartoons to familiarize the kids so the museum has more meaning to them. They've seen the holiday specials since we own them.....but this will help them learn who Charlie Brown, Lucy, Peppermint Patty, etc are. I want the twins to recognize Snoopy!! :love:

The Sea World in Orlando offers gift card/certificates (can't remember which now) that supposedly is good for any Sea World......but it kinda makes me nervous that it's not available for purchase from the San Diego site. I think it was a certificate. So I'd rather not chance it.

Krispy Kreme surprised me.....but I might make my son in Portland take a short trip to pick us up one or maybe I'll go a little out of my way to pick them up when we take the twins to Portland for appts. First I would call them to find out if they even have them..........

I don't HAVE to get a Johnny Rockets one but like I said....just trying to secure what I can ahead of time.

I looked on the Knott's sight and couldn't find Gift Cards for there and I'd call the restaurant first to see if they would be valid there.....if they did have them.

Charles M Schulz Museum doesn't have them or pre-sell tickets.

Speaking of the museum.......I did order the Peanut's 60's & 70's collection of cartoons to familiarize the kids so the museum has more meaning to them. They've seen the holiday specials since we own them.....but this will help them learn who Charlie Brown, Lucy, Peppermint Patty, etc are. I want the twins to recognize Snoopy!! :love:

The collections of Peanuts comics are wonderful -- a couple of them make great coffee table books.

I hope the twins learn to love the Peanuts gang! I love the Peanuts holiday specials and I looooooved Snoopy. I dragged a raggedy, worn out stuffed Snoopy around with me all through childhood -- probably even to Disneyland at some point. Even my grandmother loved Snoopy and his mischievous personality, and his friendship with Woodstock.

I had to wipe away many tears when Charles Schulz passed away years ago. In interviews he seemed like such a gentle soul and a kind man who truly loved the characters he created, loved his work and loved the fans of his work. He was humble and gracious as well.

This is one of my favorite Schulz creations:

871a45638429d1d1913c7f60eb4a8840.jpg

I can't wait for you to report back on what you find at the museum!

The collections of Peanuts comics are wonderful -- a couple of them make great coffee table books.

I hope the twins learn to love the Peanuts gang! I love the Peanuts holiday specials and I looooooved Snoopy. I dragged a raggedy, worn out stuffed Snoopy around with me all through childhood -- probably even to Disneyland at some point. Even my grandmother loved Snoopy and his mischievous personality, and his friendship with Woodstock.

I had to wipe away many tears when Charles Schulz passed away years ago. In interviews he seemed like such a gentle soul and a kind man who truly loved the characters he created, loved his work and loved the fans of his work. He was humble and gracious as well.

This is one of my favorite Schulz creations:

871a45638429d1d1913c7f60eb4a8840.jpg

I love that!!! I've never seen it before.......

I think the Peanuts gang were a bigger thing in my early childhood than Disney. I remember having an electric Snoopy toothbrush, the whole gang in 6-8" hard plastic (but with moving arms) and of course a Snoopy plush.

I think I'll order the girls a Snoopy plush...just so they have one to start getting used to & play with.

I love that!!! I've never seen it before.......

I think the Peanuts gang were a bigger thing in my early childhood than Disney. I remember having an electric Snoopy toothbrush, the whole gang in 6-8" hard plastic (but with moving arms) and of course a Snoopy plush.

I think I'll order the girls a Snoopy plush...just so they have one to start getting used to & play with.

I think that sounds like a great idea, to get them a Snoopy plush. I hope they love it and the museum!

Yes! The toothbrush! I remember that too! Wasn't it sitting on or in Snoopy's doghouse?

I don't know when or where the Schulz drawing of Mickey and Snoopy first appeared in public, but I first saw it in the book The Art of Mickey Mouse back in either the late '80s or early '90s, I think. (That's the one with the Warhol Mickey art on the cover, if I'm not mistaken.) Do you have that book?

I think that sounds like a great idea, to get them a Snoopy plush. I hope they love it and the museum!

Yes! The toothbrush! I remember that too! Wasn't it sitting on or in Snoopy's doghouse?

I don't know when or where the Schulz drawing of Mickey and Snoopy first appeared in public, but I first saw it in the book The Art of Mickey Mouse back in either the late '80s or early '90s, I think. (That's the one with the Warhol Mickey art on the cover, if I'm not mistaken.) Do you have that book?

That would be the one I had as a kid.

.....and I just ordered this for the girls!!!

No, I don't have that book.

I am trying to plan our road trip to Disneyland and I can't decide whether to go in June or July? If we go in June we would be at DL and DCA June 20 & 21 which according to touringplans the crowd level will be an 8. But, in July if we go to DL July 23 and DCA Jul 24 the crowd levels are predicted to be a 5 & 6.

I have been to DL and DCA in June and July I was even there the week Carsland opened so I know what it's like. I just can't figure out whey July would have a much lower crowd lever prediction. :confused3

I was hoping that you may have some kind of insider information as to why or maybe I just can't trust touringplans.

I want to make my hotel reservations pretty soon but, I just don't know if June or July is better. If the crowd level in late July will really be that low then, I will go in July.

Let me know what you think .

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter