"We're following Dad to work....SURPRISE!!!" Secret's out Trip - May/June 2013

I'm in! Came from the May FB. I'll catch up later this afternoon!

Is there a facebook disboard account I am not familiar with? I would love to join if there is.

Never mind. I think I found it. haha I just followed that link on the top of the page here.... how ingenious of me. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

What happened with your student at Christmas time was really touching. What a sweet child.

Nice intros. I am amazed at how well you have kept it a surprise.

You are so talented. I can sew a button and that's the extent of my sewing capabilities.

Oooh, BCV! How nice!

I need to get through to the end. I'm curious to find out if you chose Pop for 2 nights? Did you get a PAP? Univesal or not?

At Disney Quest, you don't pay once you are in the building. They do have a few additional things you can buy, food, CDs, etc.

I just asked today in the fb group if anyone else was going to SWW on June 1. I see you will be there too. Corinne and I are planning to meet somewhere at some point in the day. We missed each other on 2 other trips.

I think you picked great choices for ADRs.

Love the plates!

I've read through the whole PTR. I see Universal is out, DQ is in.

Hi, followed your link over from fb. Now I need to go back and read.

:welcome: I see later on that you finished reading! We are glad to have you here!

Also following over from Facebook.;) Loving your PTR so far. It looks like we will both be at SWW on June 1st. Maybe we will see each other.:thumbsup2 I see you know about D. I love her work. She gave me a little change purse when I saw her in March. One of these days I will get one of those bags.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: Yep I think quite a few of us will be at HS on June 1. We are starting our trip with a bang as I expect that to be a PACKED park that day! Yes I love D~'s work!! If only I could ever be that good!

Following over from FB!!! :wave2: I am going to go back catch up now!!!!

:welcome: We don't have much here but I'm glad you are here!

I'm in! Came from the May FB. I'll catch up later this afternoon!

:welcome: Thanks for joining us!

Is there a facebook disboard account I am not familiar with? I would love to join if there is.

I found out on another PTR that I'm following that there was a Facebook page just for people going in May and one for people going in June. After I joined there, I shared about my PTR and these lovely ladies are joining us for the "fun". LOL.....

What happened with your student at Christmas time was really touching. What a sweet child.

Nice intros. I am amazed at how well you have kept it a surprise.

You are so talented. I can sew a button and that's the extent of my sewing capabilities.

Oooh, BCV! How nice!

I need to get through to the end. I'm curious to find out if you chose Pop for 2 nights? Did you get a PAP? Univesal or not?

At Disney Quest, you don't pay once you are in the building. They do have a few additional things you can buy, food, CDs, etc.

I just asked today in the fb group if anyone else was going to SWW on June 1. I see you will be there too. Corinne and I are planning to meet somewhere at some point in the day. We missed each other on 2 other trips.

I think you picked great choices for ADRs.

Love the plates!

I've read through the whole PTR. I see Universal is out, DQ is in.

I have some very sweet children this year at school.

About the secret - I have DS6 sitting here talking my ear off about nothing while I type this and he has NO idea that I'm talking about Disney because he's not paying attention. My biggest fear is that one of them will check the mail when our final MYW package comes in (if we get one).

Aww thanks, I'm still learning a lot with sewing. I enjoy it though.

Yes BCV!! I can't wait!! It's a dream come true. I'm a moderate gal on a dream vacation!

We still don't have a room for the first two nights. I'm very undecided on whether we should book with the deal out now or not.

Yep it looks like a couple of us will be in HS on June 1! Maybe we will see each other!

We are getting a PAP but not going to Universal until the fall. I think the water parks/DQ are a better deal right now for about the same price.

I hope we like our ADR's too. It will be the first time we try most of those places.

Well guys I'm running out the door to bring DS10 to soccer practice. I ask myself EVERY DAY why we allowed him to be in year-round competitive soccer. GEEZ....I get tired of practice. lol......

I'll see you all later!

Hey! I followed you over from Facebook. :wave2: So, the trip is still a complete surprise? We actually surprised our son with a trip to Disney in 2008. We often take road trips and we told him that we were taking a road trip and would stop wherever our car took us. Even after driving 800 miles, he had no idea where we were until we got to a mileage sign that said 20 miles to Disney. He almost pee'd his pants. :rotfl:

Hi! I followed your FB June link :thumbsup2 Subscribed but have a sick DD(11) to give some TLC to so I'll be back tomorrow! Looking forward to reading and hearing about your plans!

:

I found out on another PTR that I'm following that there was a Facebook page just for people going in May and one for people going in June. After I joined there, I shared about my PTR and these lovely ladies are joining us for the "fun". LOL.....

Cool!:cool1: I may have to do more research on FB disney pages.

Well guys I'm running out the door to bring DS10 to soccer practice. I ask myself EVERY DAY why we allowed him to be in year-round competitive soccer. GEEZ....I get tired of practice. lol......

I'll see you all later!
I hear that a lot with year round soccer kids parents. OUr 3 oldest did soccer, but never competative. We did have competative color guard though. That was a crazy enough schedule!

Hey! I followed you over from Facebook. :wave2: So, the trip is still a complete surprise? We actually surprised our son with a trip to Disney in 2008. We often take road trips and we told him that we were taking a road trip and would stop wherever our car took us. Even after driving 800 miles, he had no idea where we were until we got to a mileage sign that said 20 miles to Disney. He almost pee'd his pants. :rotfl:

Yes the trip is STILL a complete surprise!! I am enjoying your TR but haven't commented because I've been reading it on my phone! :scared1: Yes I know but my laptop is finally up and running so I'll be able to finish reading it soon!

Hi! I followed your FB June link :thumbsup2 Subscribed but have a sick DD(11) to give some TLC to so I'll be back tomorrow! Looking forward to reading and hearing about your plans!

Awww, hope your sweet DD is beginning to feel better! My boys just had the flu. I didn't find it bad at all this year for them but they did have the fever and fatigue (no other symptoms).

I hear that a lot with year round soccer kids parents. OUr 3 oldest did soccer, but never competative. We did have competative color guard though. That was a crazy enough schedule!

Yeah it is tiring but DS really enjoys it. At least now that he's older, I don't have to stay at practice anymore.

Well I know I've been scarce lately and I'm sorry!! My laptop power cord died last Thursday. It is the second one to fray completely on me since I bought this laptop 18 months ago. I'm a bit frustrated with the quality of the cords. So my laptop battery died Thursday evening and I didn't get a new power cord til today. I'm trying a new brand to see if it handles better.

Tonight after much shopping and debating we put an offer in on our house. We are waiting for the sellers to counteroffer and the wait is killing me!! However, after putting in our offer, DH looks at me saddened and says, "Does this really mean we can't buy DVC this year?" :love: Who is this man and where did he come from? :cloud9: I think I'm in love.....

I've gotten quite a few orders for baby things that I need to go work on so that will help pay for more of the fun extras for our trip!!!

Yesterday I went "picking" with my mom (read: garage sales) and had the best time!! I found vintage patterns (from the 50s-90s) that I purchased to sell on Etsy. I had a great time! Then today I found a sewing machine that was for sale around here that I purchased for myself so that I can return my mom's. She loaned it to me about 2 years ago when I started to learn how to sew. I do hope that this sewing machine runs well. It does a lot more than the machine I have right now does. I won't get it til Saturday so I have a few days to wait.

As for our Disney trip, I have taken care of Photopass this week. I still owe a little bit on our room and still need to save for dining. I'm going to wait until after we take care of the house stuff to buy our AP's. Still undecided on what to do for the first two nights.......I've been thinking that maybe I need to book a room at a discount so that I can do a bounceback offer for the Christmas trip. But then again, what if I want to rent points again? For the Christmas trip, we could honestly stay value/moderate and be fine in my opinion because we most likely would not swim. The only other thing that concerns me is the smaller beds but we could handle it for a week. I'm really considering Thanksgiving week. I know it's a crazy busy week but I don't want to miss too much school and Christmas time would be crazier. O.k. I'm off to check prices for those first nights again. I'll be back sooner than I have been on lately! I promise!

Yay for having your DH talked into DVC!! Loving your plans so far! And yay for your "picking" finds!!

Good luck with the house!!! Sending lots of pixie dust!! ::yes::

Hi! I followed from Facebook but I realized I subbed to your PTR a while ago.

I will catch up tomorrow.

:)

Hello! I just found you on facebook and am stopping by. :) We will be there the same week as you! Can't wait to hear more about your plans. :goodvibes

Really enjoying your report so far! The Christmas story about your student had me in tears. Looking forward to reading more! :)

Hi!

All caught up this morning. I think you have thought about your days and they look great.

Glad the boys are feeling better, it have been a bad year for sickness.

We are also concerned about Fastpass +, we like to park hop and if we are limited to one park with fastpass + it will not benefit us at all. So if they still have the original fastpass up and running, we will stick to that. I also want to see reviews of experiences using this system before I judge too much ;) I think it should be up and running before our trip.

:goodvibes

Good luck with the house offer. Many years ago we bought our first (and only home). We made a couple offers on what we thought we loved... refused. I truly believe it was for the best. We now live in our perfect home now.
Yay! for dh sucking down that cool aid! Maybe you are meant to wait to get the perfect dvc resort for you. :)

Whatever resort you decide on, you'll have fun!

Dee

Hi!

All caught up this morning. I think you have thought about your days and they look great.

Glad the boys are feeling better, it have been a bad year for sickness.

We are also concerned about Fastpass +, we like to park hop and if we are limited to one park with fastpass + it will not benefit us at all. So if they still have the original fastpass up and running, we will stick to that. I also want to see reviews of experiences using this system before I judge too much ;) I think it should be up and running before our trip.

:goodvibes

Yep I don't think FastPass + as described right now will work too well for us. We are also considering using "old' Fastpass for our touring. I would love to see it come out really soon so that people can share their experiences before we go.

Good luck with the house offer. Many years ago we bought our first (and only home). We made a couple offers on what we thought we loved... refused. I truly believe it was for the best. We now live in our perfect home now.
Yay! for dh sucking down that cool aid! Maybe you are meant to wait to get the perfect dvc resort for you. :)

Whatever resort you decide on, you'll have fun!

Dee

We enjoy our home but wanted to see a few others to make sure this one was THE one. I think we are getting a great deal on it and I know it makes DH happy to be home owners again.

Yes I do believe he sucked down that kool aid!!! DVC may have to come next year as sad as that is OR DH said last night ....."you know we could just always rent points when we want to go" which is true...we will see.

Not much new on the Disney front except that we are now under four months!!! .....still waiting on a deal for our first two nights.

We've been crazy busy this week with work and the house stuff. Thankfully tomorrow is Friday. Due to co worker absences I've had before/afterschool duty four out of the five days this week. It was all completely out of their control but tiring all the same.

Tomorrow we will officially be under contract on the house and in the process. I'd better enjoy my last couple of days of freedom because spring soccer season starts Sunday morning..... :faint:

Well I'm off to print off some of the last minute paperwork that I need for tomorrow before going to bed. 5 a.m. comes way too early!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter