We're Doing Disney Again Someday...Plus One! ~ Come Read my Trip Report!!!

Just checking in! I've been dealing with my busy time of the year at work and barely on here, but I thought for sure when I checked this PTR, she would have been born by now! Sorry that you have had to wait, although I know a lot of 1st born babies are late. I was really hoping you'd have her on the 13th so she & Dylan could share their birthday.

Good luck! Thinking of you! :)

I hope dug baby comes on her own before Thursday! You must have a very comfortable baby! (not stubborn!)
Thanks! I hope so too! She sure seems to be comfy!

Still no baby!! We just got back from WDW and I was hoping NOT to see an update on this TR. ;) Guessing when you disappear, I can hope for baby pics soon! Glad everything is still going well anyway. I've got my fingers crossed that she decides to show up before Thursday. Good luck!
Thanks! Yeah, I've been making sure to update this frequently, or I figure everyone's going to think we had the baby!

Hoping Dug baby comes out on her own! Either way - I hope you have the world's easiest labor :goodvibes
Thanks, I hope so too!

Still good! Caden was a mover too!
This is reassuring!

And btw, you are still "cute pregnant"! I was bigger at 41 weeks. I had ceased to look cute. I also had a giant baby! Looks like you have a nice normal sized baby! :-)
Thank you! Our midwife has assured us a few times that (by her feeling the belly) Dug Baby is very "average" sized. She doesn't expect any size-related problems, even with going late, so that's good. Of course, my mom just told me yesterday that she thinks I'm "big" and is guessing baby will be around 9 pounds. Apparently my dad and his brothers were all around there, so she's basing her guess on that. Of course, she was only 6 lbs. when she was born and I was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and my brother was 8 lbs. and Dug was around 8 lbs., so I'm expecting closer to 8. We'll see, I guess.

Oh my goodness my Gavin was super super active and he is so laid back, such a good baby. I'm sure you're princess will be the same. Praying baby comes soon and you have a smooth labor & delivery
Thanks, I really hope she is like Gavin! This is good to know that the crazy active inside babies may turn out to be pretty mellow outside babies!

Checking in.

Glad to hear everything is going well. Princess Isabella sure knows how to build anticipation!!
I think she inherited her flare for the dramatic from Dug!

What a fun way to wait! :thumbsup2
It was! I'm going to post some pictures from yesterday next!

Just checking in! I've been dealing with my busy time of the year at work and barely on here, but I thought for sure when I checked this PTR, she would have been born by now! Sorry that you have had to wait, although I know a lot of 1st born babies are late. I was really hoping you'd have her on the 13th so she & Dylan could share their birthday.

Good luck! Thinking of you! :)
I would have thought she'd be born by now too! Shows what I know! :rotfl: Just found out that Dug's family had guessed days that she'd be born and his mom won because no one guessed any later than she did. That would have been cool if she shared a birthday with Dylan!

I mentioned that we were out and about a bit yesterday, so I thought I'd share some pictures. It was a really nice day together. Of course, today hasn't been as fun. I woke up with a minor cold and I've had messed up sinuses all day, some sneezing, more difficult breathing, and I've been more easily tired out than usual all day. All we really managed to do today was go through 4 of the homes on the Parade of Homes. And I joked that it was the "Parade of Chairs", because I had to keep sitting down all the time. And we drove around a bit. Not the most productive day, but my energy is so low right now. We were talking to someone we knew at one of the homes today (he used to work for our builder) and it turns out that his wife was due a MONTH AFTER us (October 8th), but seems to be going into labor now. Nice, we're being lapped by a month! Oh, well, that's the way it goes.

Anyway, back to yesterday, since that was a really enjoyable day. Our goal was to get a lot of walking in, to maybe give Dug Baby a little nudge. First, we went to a big apple orchard:

IMG_2805.jpg

(That was actually in the parking lot).

We had Apple Brats for lunch. Here's Dug's:

IMG_2806.jpg

We indulged in a lot of other treats too. A caramel apple cookie. An apple pie cookie. An apple cider donut. An apple cider float. And we bought some apples. And an apple crisp mix. And a caramel apple coffee cake. (This is what happens when you bring a 41+ week pregnant woman to a place full of delicious things! :rotfl:)

After that, we went to the "Dream Home" in our area for the Parade of Homes (lots of open houses that you can wander through). (Side note: my mom went into labor with one of us after touring open houses).

Here's the driveway:

IMG_2807.jpg

And here's the house that was at the end of it:

IMG_2808.jpg

It was a $1.8 million home. And it was really nice. But, our favorite part was that it backed up to the St. Croix River:

IMG_2846.jpg

We hung out and enjoyed the backyard for a bit:

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

So nice! Felt like a little mini-vacation!

On our way back, we stopped off at a great little ice cream shop. We tried four different kinds...Mackinac Island Fudge, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Zanzibar Chocolate, and Sea Salt Caramel Nut:

IMG_2855.jpg

Super yummy and we were able to sit out on the patio and enjoy it on a lovely day!

Last night, Dug was nice enough to make us the apple crisp for dessert:

IMG_2860.jpg

Delicious! We served it with vanilla ice cream. And we made it with the Honeycrisp "seconds" from the orchard. Enjoyed some more today with lunch and probably will have more with dinner!

Otherwise, we're just waiting around. I'm hoping to feel better soon too. Really don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but that's looking fairly likely at this point. I'll keep you all posted!

By the way, I should mention, I will get back to Disney-planning in this PTR. I feel kinda bad for going off-topic, but the support is really nice! :goodvibes After Dug Baby eventually shows up, we'll have plenty of planning to get to, though!

Mmmmmm... Apples! They were my obsession during my first pregnancy. :thumbsup2 Dug is awesome for making the apple crisp. Sounds yummy!

Don't feel bad for going off topic! Dug Baby is going to be the star of this trip, and I'm loving the suspense she's creating. Hope today is the day!

Glad you got to have such a nice weekend, it looks like it was fun! :cool1:

Hope Dug Baby gets here soon! She's certainly taking her time, huh? :rotfl:

Mmmmmm... Apples! They were my obsession during my first pregnancy. :thumbsup2 Dug is awesome for making the apple crisp. Sounds yummy!

Don't feel bad for going off topic! Dug Baby is going to be the star of this trip, and I'm loving the suspense she's creating. Hope today is the day!
That's right, I remember you mentioning the apple obsession. I have to say, the Honeycrisp I ate today was mighty tasty! And the apple crisp is so good!

Glad you got to have such a nice weekend, it looks like it was fun! :cool1:

Hope Dug Baby gets here soon! She's certainly taking her time, huh? :rotfl:
She sure is! Hopefully soon!

Hmmm last update was last night...I realize that's not really a long time...but I'm impatient. :)
Any news?

I really hope you didn't go to work today. But if you did, I hope it wasn't too horrible and you were able to avoid most of the disappointed looks. I started feeling like I was letting everyone else down even though *I* was the pregnant one!

Aww, hoping Dug Baby makes her appearance soon! I couldn't imagine being almost 42 weeks when I was pregnant! I'm glad our DD was four days early! My last month was very rough! But you are handling it all beautifully and that is so great to see :-) praying for an easy labor for you!

Hmmm last update was last night...I realize that's not really a long time...but I'm impatient. :)
Any news?
Unfortunately not. Heading to the midwife this morning for an appt. and another non-stress test. I'm guessing I'll be heading to work after that. :sad:

I really hope you didn't go to work today. But if you did, I hope it wasn't too horrible and you were able to avoid most of the disappointed looks. I started feeling like I was letting everyone else down even though *I* was the pregnant one!
So much disappointment. And my presence made a lot of jaws drop yesterday. Plus, I barely have anything to do, so it makes for a long, useless day.

Aww, hoping Dug Baby makes her appearance soon! I couldn't imagine being almost 42 weeks when I was pregnant! I'm glad our DD was four days early! My last month was very rough! But you are handling it all beautifully and that is so great to see :-) praying for an easy labor for you!
I really have been lucky I've felt good. But she's welcome to show up any time now!

Well, it's Thursday...that means its induction day if you don't already have a baby!! I hope you already have her in your arms, but if not, I'm thinking of you today and hope all goes well! Soon you get to meet your little princess! :)

AprilRenee said:
Well, it's Thursday...that means its induction day if you don't already have a baby!! I hope you already have her in your arms, but if not, I'm thinking of you today and hope all goes well! Soon you get to meet your little princess! :)

I'm hoping the lack of updates means she's already here!

Either way, praying everything went/goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disnt even know you were doing a baby report!!! I just read the whole thing and im sooooo excited thinking you can have her any day!!!!

I am in love with your nursery and all the neat disney stuff. Where did you get the decals of the castle? we just moved to a new apartment and are going to do Lily's room in Castle's & Princesses.

The other thing i wondered is if you have a facebook you wouldnt mind friending me on? I am ALWAYS on there and forget about the dis sometimes. I'm Kathy Garcia in Tampa, FL on fb.

Sending baby pixie dust your way and hoping for pics soon!!!

Awesome, no updates! Gotta be good news, right?

Today was induction day if things didn't start on their own before hand, correct?

Hoping to see an update soon with pictures of the World's Newest Princess!

:flower3::goodvibes:flower3:

Any news? Praying all is well!

Answer in the next post! Thanks for the prayers!

She is indeed finally here!

I'm hoping the lack of updates means she's already here!

Either way, praying everything went/goes well!

Thank you again!

Disnt even know you were doing a baby report!!! I just read the whole thing and im sooooo excited thinking you can have her any day!!!!
I'm glad you found your way over here! :goodvibes

I am in love with your nursery and all the neat disney stuff. Where did you get the decals of the castle? we just moved to a new apartment and are going to do Lily's room in Castle's & Princesses.
We found the customized castle decal on Etsy. I don't have exact details, but you can probably track it down.

The other thing i wondered is if you have a facebook you wouldnt mind friending me on? I am ALWAYS on there and forget about the dis sometimes. I'm Kathy Garcia in Tampa, FL on fb.
I'll look for you there. I don't put a whole lot on there myself, though.

Sending baby pixie dust your way and hoping for pics soon!!!
Thanks!

Thinking of you today!! Hope everything goes well today, if she's not already here! :goodvibes
Thank you!

I hope you are holding Isabella in your arms. Continued prayers.
Thanks!

Awesome, no updates! Gotta be good news, right?

Today was induction day if things didn't start on their own before hand, correct?

Hoping to see an update soon with pictures of the World's Newest Princess!

:flower3::goodvibes:flower3:
You are correct in your logic! Update next!

Hi, everybody! Thanks for checking in on us! Dug Baby (Isabella) did eventually decide to show up (before the induction)! It took somewhere around 48 hours of labor, but she eventually arrived on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 8:29pm. 8 pounds 8 ounces and 20.5 inches long. We're still in the hospital until tomorrow, so I'll keep this short. If there's any interest, I may try to write out the longer version of the birth story later. But here we are earlier today:

family_zpsf47cd7a9.jpg

Oh my goodness! What a perfect beautiful smooshy girly! :goodvibes
Congratulations! You look beautiful, too. So glad she decided to come before the induction was scheduled. I would love to hear your birth story! :)

CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy every minute! She's beautiful, definitely a princess! Would love to hear the birth story if you get a chance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter