We're back!

suzycute

DIS Veteran
Hi all
We just arrived back in to Gatwick this morning after a GREAT 8 day trip to WDW. We loved staying at BLT, attending our first MNSSHP, Illuminations cruise, Wishes Dessert party and DIS meet . . . . . but we particularly loved meeting some very lovely DISers who really made our trip very special.:disrocks:

We made notes about each day and will be writing a trip report as I have loved reading the reports of others in the past - however, with going back to work tomorrow and a very busy next weekend, please bear with me if it takes a little longer than I would like :thumbsup2

yay TR i thought every one had forgot about TRs as there doesnt seem to be any at the mo

Welcome home you two!!!!! :goodvibes Hope you had a great time at the MNSSHP - have you had chance to see the photo yet???

What was your longest queue all holiday? Ours was getting the luggage at Gatwick!! :rotfl: We had 3 out of 4 cases, and were getting worried because all the UC/PE had come and gone. Then there was an announcement to say there was a technical problem with getting the carts off the aircraft and they apologised for the delay. Thankfully, we then saw the lady and her family that were sat behind us in PE, and turns out they were waiting for one case only too. After about an hour of arriving in the buggage claim hall we were able to walk away with all four of our cases - the longest wait the entire holiday!!! :lmao:

Have you been convinced to buy more points yet???? :thumbsup2

Thanks for your welcome back Twilight!

Sorry to hear about your Gatwick wait - not great especially when you really want to get going (home - to bed!) - I usually anticipate long queues at Gatwick (although not as long as yours!!) but was pleasantly surprised this time. Our cases were almost the first ones off and we were home (70 miles from Gatwick) within 2 hours of landing - better luck when you go back next year!

I don't need to be convinced about buying more points - would do it in a flash if DH would agree - I'm really envious about your add on - hope you enjoy them!! :banana:

Sorry to hear about your Gatwick wait - not great especially when you really want to get going (home - to bed!) - I usually anticipate long queues at Gatwick (although not as long as yours!!) but was pleasantly surprised this time. Our cases were almost the first ones off and we were home (70 miles from Gatwick) within 2 hours of landing - better luck when you go back next year!

I don't need to be convinced about buying more points - would do it in a flash if DH would agree - I'm really envious about your add on - hope you enjoy them!! :banana:

Back within 2hrs? You jammy bums! We landed on time, but it took much longer than that to get home :( Missed picking the cats up in the morning session (finishes at 2pm), so had to wait for evening collection, which started at 4:30pm. As it was, since I had slept for all of 30mins on the plane, I was asleep by 4pm, so mum and Cath had to get the cats.

Did you get any sleep on the plane back? Don't know why I didn't, but we were downstairs PE rather than upstairs, and the chairs are not as big. Normally I can curl up in the seat, but couldn't downstairs. :sad2: Wasn't too much of an issue though, since I wasn't tired. Ended up watching three movies back to back and Cath and I kept ourselves entertained in between while with Hannah Montana on the Audio channels! :lmao:

Oh yes, there's nothing like doing the Hoedown Throwdown 30,000 feet in the air, at 3am GMT, on an aircraft that's totally asleep apart from you, your sister and the cabin crew! :woohoo: :rotfl:

P.S. Just keep pestering him - he'll give in eventually! He did the first time. What do you want for Xmas? DVC. What do you want for your birthday? DVC. What do you want for your anniversary? DVC! :rotfl: It might work ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter