We're back! Highs and lows...

megarasweet

Mouseketeer
Last night we got back from our amazing honeymoon, and having returned with some very fond memories and a bulging bag of souvenirs I can safely say it was our best trip yet. We were more indulgent than we usually are, and it was truly fantastic. Although there were lows, they didn't bother us for long.

Highs -

- Seeing the park without Christmas decorations (we always go in December) and watching the Halloween decorations go up. I love the bright orange and they're all so fun!
- A bit of HNY pixie dust. We were upgraded to a king size room and there were balloons and a congratulatory note waiting for us.
- The weather was fantastic. We knew it could swing either way but we were very lucky.
- Aside from a croque Monsieur with ice cold ham in the middle from Studios, everything we ate was absolutely delicious. Definitely our best trip yet for food.
- Auberge was lovely, and considering the quality of the food and the number of characters we saw, far better value than our last trip to Inventions.
- Premium Fastpasses. By Saturday we were coming in way under-budget, so we treated ourselves to beat the weekend crowds - it was so worth it!
- Being stopped in Fantasyland by a lady who wanted a photo of me. Probably the closest I'll ever come to being a Disney princess and left my feeing very chuffed.

Lows -

- Weekend crowds. We should have anticipated it, but it was still a shock to the system. Generally we could work around them, but sometimes it felt very claustrophobic. Also the BTM Fastpass queue became so congested at times that it almost began to seem a bit pointless. I don't know if they hand out more Fastpasses these days, but I don't remember it being like that even when I visited in 2010 and the main queue was showing 120 minutes.
- Service in Blue Lagoon. Our first waitress wonderful, but when she left we began to feel a bit forgotten. It took 30 minutes between finishing our puddings and managing to get our bill, with absolutely no apologies for delay.
- Smoking in the parks, as ever. DH has asthma that gets aggravated by smoke, and just like on our last trip we let an older woman have a sat at our table one busy evening only for her to light up right next to us. I really wish they'd make a couple more designated smoking areas and really enforce them - it would probably put me off going with a child!

On the whole though, an amazing trip! I'm itching to sort though our photos! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! :flower3:

It's always nice when things go better than planned and a bit of Pixie dust is thrown your way...and the lows seem pretty low, so even better!

Glad you had a lovely honeymoon....welcome home!
Now you can start planning your anniversary trip? Hehe;)

Welcome Back! :goodvibes

It's lovely to read so many highs, especially as it was such an important trip for you both!

I hope you don't have the post wedding, post DLP blues :hug:

Welcome back, sounds like you had a magical trip :)

Welcome back, glad you had such a memorable time and congratulations! :love:

Congrats and welcome back :wave: :lovestruc:goodvibes
Sounds fantastic and would love to see loads of pics!x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter