We'll Be Doing Whatever Snow Does in Summer- Trip Report

Breakfast at Ohana Continued

Well photobucket never did cooperate with me yesterday when I had time to do an update so I will try again today. I had time yesterday to be on the computer because of this...

Yes, that is correct- SNOW DAY! I just love when I don't have to go to work and get a bonus day off. We got some where around a foot between Sunday night and last night. The kids loved it but it is cold. Like a high of 12 degrees today and a low of -15 or something like that. Anyway, I was missing Orlando quite a lot yesterday. So on with the report. I left off at breakfast at Ohana.

We were enjoying bread and very quickly Lilo came over. As you can tell below Braden was ecstatic.:sad2:

At least someone was happy to see her!

Owen got her autograph and then she was on her way.

Cousin Romeo brought us fruit and POG juice.

I was excited to try the juice after reading so much about it. I wanted so much to like it and ...........well I didn't.:oops: My sister thought it was ok but the rest of us gave it a thumbs down. So that was another thing I could check off my list of must-dos at Disney- try the POG juice.

Soon they brought us a big platter of yummy food.

But here is what the kid's really wanted!

At some point Pluto made it over to table. Oh my! Is that Braden in the picture? Guess he rallied a little!

I am pretty sure Stitch came next and Owen got an autograph.

Oh my goodness- Braden is in this one too! I was so happy to have a picture with all of us.

Last edited:
Ohana Character Breakfast- Part III

Before we left Polynesian Mickey came to visit as well.

They did do a parade too at some point but none of our kids wanted to participate. Go figure!

After seeing all the characters we were finished with breakfast!

Overall Thoughts: This breakfast was not one of my top dining experiences but I think there were reasons for it. Braden being in a horrible mood certainly dampened the mood as did the fact that it was so crazy busy and we had to wait a while before dining. It just seemed like a chaotic way to start the day so I probably wouldn't choose it again unless we were going to have a relaxing day or I would choose to go when it first opened. There were just so many people and I feel like Ohana is always super busy and crazy. The food was fine but nothing stood out as being spectacular. The characters were great but again it was busy and crazy and even that felt a little rushed. I also think the cramped feeling of the whole resort because of construction made it seem even busier. If you are looking to do this meal I would recommend going early as I think we were right in the middle of the breakfast rush.

WOW, you got a lot of snow. Our last snow forecast was a bust. We got off from school as they kept saying we were going get slammed. We got an inch and half :sad2:

Yeah, I think if you hit Ohanas a little earlier it might have been a better experience. I really want a Mickey waffle after seeing your pics now though. I think I need a Mickey waffle Maker :teeth:

WOW, you got a lot of snow. Our last snow forecast was a bust. We got off from school as they kept saying we were going get slammed. We got an inch and half :sad2:

Yeah, I think if you hit Ohanas a little earlier it might have been a better experience. I really want a Mickey waffle after seeing your pics now though. I think I need a Mickey waffle Maker :teeth:

Yes, we got a lot and have gotten several more inches over the week. It has been very cold this week too so the snow is not going anywhere. I have heard there is another possible storm for Sunday into Monday but we will see if it happens. We never get off of school as a precaution- unless it is actually really bad they won't call it here. We are usually one of the last schools to close....

Looking at all the pictures of Disney food makes me want it so much! I know several people heading to Florida in the next couple of weeks and I am so jealous. How I wish I had a trip booked for February break. Next year!!

Yeah, 'Ohana breakfast isn't the best of character meals. When we went, we were staying there and it was early-ish, so that helped and it made sense (and it was before all the construction). But there are better options, unless you're dead-set on seeing Lilo and Stitch, I suppose. :stitch2: (I don't think I've ever used this smilie before!! :hyper:)

Despite that, you got some nice family shots in there! And I like the one where the boys have their arms around each other, looking at Pluto. pluto:

Mmmm, Mickey waffles. I guess I should add that it is a nice option to have a character meal where you don't have to get up and go to a buffet. :thumbsup2

Yeah, 'Ohana breakfast isn't the best of character meals. When we went, we were staying there and it was early-ish, so that helped and it made sense (and it was before all the construction). But there are better options, unless you're dead-set on seeing Lilo and Stitch, I suppose. :stitch2: (I don't think I've ever used this smilie before!! :hyper:)

Despite that, you got some nice family shots in there! And I like the one where the boys have their arms around each other, looking at Pluto. pluto:

Mmmm, Mickey waffles. I guess I should add that it is a nice option to have a character meal where you don't have to get up and go to a buffet. :thumbsup2

You're right on it being nice to not have to go to a buffet. I do prefer family style dining. It was nice to see different characters too but it will not become a Must Do for the future. There are only a few character meals left we haven't tried at this point!
*Wow!! I was looking at all the trips and reports in your signature. You stay busy! I am so jealous!!

You got some nice pictures out of it. Sorry that the POG juice didn't live up to the hype. I've never wanted to do that breakfast as I like my eggs cooked to order or not at all. The idea that they bring you a platter, doesn't sit well with me.

At least you can say "been there, done that."

*Wow!! I was looking at all the trips and reports in your signature. You stay busy! I am so jealous!!
Ha, I am jealous of myself sometimes when I see that. :rotfl: Our travel lives have worked out much differently than we anticipated in the last few years. No complaints, though. :thumbsup2

All caught up...I envy your snow...we haven't had any this winter not even an inch!! I love you view from Baylake. I like Kidani but I agree with it being dark. The smell didn't bother me as I live in a very rural area anyway. I loved staying DVC. What I didn't like at AK was the dark, the parking garage was great except for only 1 handicapped spot per section...ie Pumba had 1 spot, Rafiki had 1 spot...not a lot for the size of the place. It was so far from everything. There were more things that I liked. I'll get there in my own trip report.

Next trip I'll try for Baylake towers.

We did CRT as well on the last night it was open before refurb 1/4 It was beautiful and we enjoyed the princesses. Would I do it again? I think I would rather spend my money at other places.

Waiting to hear more.

A Meeting with Mickey

Once breakfast was done we hopped on the monorail and were headed for the Magic Kingdom!

As soon as we made it through the gates we headed to use our first Fastpass+ of the trip for.........

As you can see Braden was still in a terrible mood and was not so sure about the characters. He did warm up to Mickey a little bit-

It was an enjoyable experience and neat to see Mickey talking. The girls were fascinated and we did only have a quick wait which was nice.

As we came out of the Townsquare Theatre the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Parade was coming through.
[URL=http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/hbryden/media/Disney%20Day%202%20Part1/IMG_1459.jpg.html][/URL]
It was hot so we quickly made our way into The Confectionary to decide what to do next. The kids were hot and grumpy and we decided to get them some lollipops to make them happy. The only problem was that the Magic Band systems were all down park wide so thankfully we had some cash. This was not the only time this happened to us. Since everyone was hot and tired and we knew we were coming back to the Magic Kingdom later we opted to hop on the monorail and go back to BLT for a rest in the room before our early dinner reservation.

Everyone took a break and cooled off and before we knew it we were headed back to the MK for our 3:15 dinner reservation at Crystal Palace. This was a reservation my mom had requested since she had good memories of our breakfast there way back in 2003. I was not so sure on this one but did it to make her happy.

We took the monorail back to the park and went up through the shops on Main Street to stay in the air conditioning because at this point the heat was totally brutal. Just as we got to the end it was time for the 3:00 Festival of Fantasy Parade. We had a good spot near the Crystal Palace and were excited as this was a new parade to everyone.

[URL=http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/hbryden/media/Disney%20Day%202%20Part1/IMG_1463.jpg.html][/URL]

Dinner at Crystal Palace Part I

As soon as we watched the parade we made our way into the Crystal Palace for dinner. Everyone was in a happy mood. My mom was very excited for this meal so I was hopeful it would be good.

I am not sure exactly what order the characters came but I know my mom was most excited for Piglet.

We hit the buffet not knowing exactly what to expect and.... wow! We loved it! Everyone found things they really, really liked and it ended up being one of the best meals we had.

Avery loved the carved turkey and the mashed potatoes.

Here is someone's plate! There was a really good chicken dish that we all enjoyed.

Eeyore came by at some point and Owen got an autograph. Avery likes Eeyore. She has a stuffed Eeyore at home that she insists is a cow. I have tried to tell her he is a donkey but she is pretty clear that he is a cow.

He played peek a book with Avery- so cute!

[URL=http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/hbryden/media/Disney%20Day%202%20Part2/IMG_1583.jpg.html][/URL]

Dinner at Crystal Palace Part II

Everyone was really enjoying dinner. We got a visit from Tigger.

Pooh came to visit too.

Everyone enjoyed some dessert too. I think this was my plate.

Mamoo loved the salted caramel ice cream and the kids loved the cookies.

So now a Magical Moment Story- Toward the end of the meal I remembered a bit of magic from the last time we were at Crystal Palace- 11 years ago in 2003. On the way out one of the servers had come up and talked to me and tried to make me smile. He was very kind and funny and gave me a handful of mickey confetti and told me to keep smiling. My mom had thought it was the neatest thing and I am pretty sure she made a big deal about it on the video we have from that trip. Yes, we actually have a video (vcr tape!) from the trip. So during this trip we were talking about it and I told my mom about it and she was all emotional remembering. I kept seeing a server who I thought looked like the man from 2003. So when I went up to the buffet she found a staff member to tell about how magical that experience had been and ask if it was possible this was the same man. Apparently the staff member said that she knew exactly what we were talking about and was so happy we remembered this man- she said he always carried his own confetti and would be so excited that we remembered him after all these years. The next thing I knew guess who was at our table?

The same server who had given me the magic confetti back in 2003! It was so cool. He was so kind and so excited that we remembered him. He was also very tolerant of my very emotional mom! He gave me and Avery both confetti and said he was passing the magic on to a new generation now too. It was an awesome moment and one I will never forget. Only at Disney would you have people like this who love their job so much.

A great ending to a great meal!

[URL=http://s1113.photobucket.com/user/hbryden/media/Disney%20Day%202%20Part2/IMG_1595.jpg.html][/URL]

Great update. Magical Moments are fun when they happen. It was really special you met the same man you remembered

What a sweet magical moment, and I'm glad everyone enjoyed their meal.

Wow, there are times that all Magic Bands are down?! :eek: Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Glad you had some cash with you!

With that lead-in to Crystal Palace, I was thinking it was either going to be awful or amazing. So glad it was the latter! :goodvibes We've only had breakfast there - and we love it - great that dinner was tasty too!

What an incredibly magical bit of pixie dust that you spotted that same waiter from 11 years ago! pixiedust:

Great update. Magical Moments are fun when they happen. It was really special you met the same man you remembered

It was very neat that he was still there and still spreading the love of Disney!

What a sweet magical moment, and I'm glad everyone enjoyed their meal.

Crystal Palace is now high up on the list again!

Wow, there are times that all Magic Bands are down?! :eek: Huh, I hadn't thought of that. Glad you had some cash with you!

With that lead-in to Crystal Palace, I was thinking it was either going to be awful or amazing. So glad it was the latter! :goodvibes We've only had breakfast there - and we love it - great that dinner was tasty too!

What an incredibly magical bit of pixie dust that you spotted that same waiter from 11 years ago! pixiedust:

I know my lead-in had a sense of doom didn't it especially after my review of breakfast at the Poly! :rolleyes:
I really expected the food to be not so good so I was so happy it wasn't. Buffets are really not my thing- we did Chef Mickey's a few trips ago and thought the food was awful so I guess you just never know. This was a fantastic meal all around!!

Here I am posting on a Monday afternoon again and this is why...........

Anyway we have yet another snow day. There is a couple of feet out there now.:crazy2: This will shorten up my work week leading up to Winter Break next week. I just wish I was heading to Florida for my week off instead of staying here.......... so back to the trip report!

Afternoon Adventures

We finished up at the Crystal Palace and headed over to Adventureland.

Here was our destination.

My mom loves the songs from here and none of us had been back since the whole fire thing happened and they changed the show back to more like the original.

Everyone enjoyed it except for.....wait for it...........Braden, who was in a horrible mood once again. The happiness he had displayed at Crystal Palace had once again left us.

After the Tiki Room we decided we would go to the Peoplemover which is one of my favorites. We were headed there but got stopped trying to cross the hub. The Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade was coming through yet again..........

We had an awesome spot to watch the parade but it was unrelentingly hot right there while we waited. I have decided that the hub in August is one of the hottest places on earth. With all that concrete and no shade and construction everywhere it was one of my least favorite places whenever I encountered it this trip.

Since we had to wait in the heat everyone got hot, tired and grouchy and we scratched plans to go to Tomorrowland and just decided to head back to BLT via the air conditioned Main Street shops. Along the way we stopped and bought the girls an adorable Beauty and the Beast tea set to play with at the hotel and Owen got a Hidden Mickey book.

When we got back to BLT Mamoo headed for bed to take a nap. My sister and I took the kids swimming. It was amazing! We loved the pool area at BLT. The boys went crazy for the water slides and the girls enjoyed the baby water slide. It was so relaxing and refreshing and we all had the best time.

We checked out the splash pad area too. Such fun!

I love this one- her face is pure joy!

It was getting late so we headed back upstairs.

The kids all took baths and got ready for bed.

They were asleep in no time so the adults stayed up and watched the fireworks from the room.

I ran over to the Contempo Cafe and got us some snacks. They were perfect and just the right treat for the end of the day- Chicken Artichoke Flatbread and House Chips with BBQ Sauce. So delicious.

We stayed up laughing and chatting before finally drifting off to sleep.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter