Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You! (updated on 7/14)

I'm really excited for this TR! I silently read your Disneymoon one and I have to also say: I really relate to what you wrote in the intro:

It seems so simple writing it all here, but this was months and months of tears and feeling as if I were being pulled in two different directions, but now that it's all said and done, I will be returning to my school to teach again if they'll have me back! I do believe that God answered my prayers and said it was okay to leave because He wanted to show me where I truly belonged and that He had given me the gift of teaching. I was kind of throwing it away by wanting to go elsewhere and do something else, but I needed to be away from it to realize it.

I'm in a similar place in my life right now. I moved away from Orlando and from working at WDW and have been gone for some years... but my life over the past couple of years has really reminded me of how much I miss it and how I took it for granted. I don't think that I appreciated it enough when I was there and I think even if I had stayed, I wouldn't have understood what a gift it was. Now that I've been gone, I'm learning to be grateful for the places and experiences I've had where I've felt like my happiest and best self -- and best able to give my gifts to others. So, just wanted to say that really, really resonates with me! Thank you for sharing and I am really looking forward to this TR!

8343243467_b3a0345b82_z.jpg

That is one of the most beautiful pictures of BTMRR I have ever seen! :lovestruc I just LOVE that time of day at Disney World when the sky is that color.

I will say that I'm a fan of taking pictures of landscapes/objects/LIGHT FIXTURES, but I've also grown to love taking pictures of my wife. I'm not a huge fan of portraits, but in a Disney setting combined with the subject being the prettiest girl on the planet? I'm sold!

14325921486_f1da69afe0_z.jpg

Haha! I love the look on her face! :lmao: Great picture! And aren't you just one of the sweetest husband's ever?? (I'm a little biased in thinking my husband is the absolute sweetest ;) )

I love when you comment on her TR's! It's nice to see both perspectives. :goodvibes

I always thought of my DH and I as a family once we were married. We were there to support each other. Having kids just made our family grow!

Ah, the 'Last trip before kids'. It feels like so long ago, though it was only 4+ years!! It definitely has that sentimental feeling.

I totally know what you mean about feeling like you forgot to pack something. We have gotten very good at leaving out things that we don't think will get used or living without things that we think might only be used once or twice. It's great traveling lighter, but every time we finish I feel like it was too easy and I must be forgetting something important!!

I can't wait to hear more!

I love when you comment on her TR's! It's nice to see both perspectives. :goodvibes

Thank you! I am going to try to keep up with this TR because it was such a fun trip (not that the other ones weren't fun) and it was a lot of fun to photograph. Can't wait to get up to the pictures! :thumbsup2

Reading along, Rachel!!!

Yay, thanks so much!

You guys are so adorable! Reading along :goodvibes

Thank you! I just started reading your TR too! Love all your pictures.

Looking forward to reading this TR. Things really do change as time and family change. My first trip was just Michael and I for one day at MK. Then when Sam was three and my last trip was solo. Still finding new things each trip.

I hope that our entire family loves Disney the way yours does! It's too bad Joe and I were both sick during that Christmas trip, or we could have enjoyed some Disney magic together! Oh, I didn't know your last trip was solo!

Safely put away, but ready and waiting when the time is right. :thumbsup2 We'll be throwing quarters on July 16th for whoever needs them. ::yes:: That fountain grants other wishes - jobs, new houses, etc. - not just babies. ;) Although the baby ones, when they come true, are the most exciting! :cool1:

The baby wishes really are the best ones! If the time comes and you do throw that quarter in for me, I'm going to have to bring the little one there if it comes true! I think that would make for a cute picture!

Hey Rachel!! I'm glad I got in on this trip from the very beginning! Love the colors on your nails; can't wait to read more!

Yay, Kylie! I hope I get through this one a lot faster than the Disneymoon one, haha. Thanks! I really need to do my nails again since I have so much polish, but it's the Disney trips that make me use them more. Maybe I should go back ... haha.

I'm here!!! Love the "No I'm Not Pregnant!" I would so put that in mine too! It's funny because when I had gained all of that weight the past two year I got asked all the time if I was. Um no! I'm just fat! LOL. :rotfl2: Can't wait to read more! And what a great idea about bringing the the breakfast bars! I might actually bring some for this trip since we are eating some later breakfasts in order to eat at some signature restaurants. :thumbsup2

Haha, you're too funny, Charlotte! Yeah, the breakfast bars were just perfect. In the past, we've done granola bars, but sometimes they're a little too dry. Now they have all these other options that are really yummy!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear everything. I was so sad that we just missed each other.

Yeah! It would've been awesome to be able to start my trip off with a DIS meet. Maybe our paths will cross in the future!

Hooray for a new TR!! :cool1:

First, I LOVE your nails! That combo is so pretty!!

Second, I love your intro. Even though I read all your reports, it's nice to kind of "catch up" with the person writing the TR. My husband (37) and I (32) are not having children (and have told everyone this), but we still get the questions or that "Hopefully God has another plan for us". Which would be fine, but let that be God's decision and not your wishful thinking :lmao:.

Looking forward to reading more! While I love our trips with my family, I absolutely adore trips with just me and my hubs!! They're just so much more relaxing and easy-going.

Thank you! I had seen it done with that Maybelline dot polish before, so it wasn't anything creative on my part, haha. I saw it in pictures and had to go grab it for myself!

Haha, I love that "let that be God's decision and not your wishful thinking" thing! Hear hear!

Ahh yes - my FB messenger was going off all day at work today, so thanks for the heads - up! Totally looking forward to your newest TR! :thumbsup2 I love how how you are still so much in love with Howard. ::yes::

Yayyy for joining in! I'm so behind on your TR too. I have it bookmarked on the last page I read.

Yup, I'm still very much in love with hubs, hehe.

Happy to see another TR from you! I really like your nails - very cool! Hoping things work out for you going back to your school.

Thanks! So glad you're here for this one too! I hope everything works out come September too!

When I got married, my Paster told my husband and I that we were now a family-the family does not start when you have kids, it just grows!

Couple-only time is very important, even at Disney. A couple of months ago the two of us got to have a three day weekend at Disney. We ate where we wanted, road whatever we wanted (Thunder Mountain four times in a row!)

We love taking our daughter, but we also love having "us" time.

All this to say, I understand where the potential sadness is coming from. :)

Looking forward to the rest of your trip report!

Absolutely! I love that! A husband and wife definitely are a family already!

I know that when we first bring the little ones to Disney, my family will be there too so maybe we'll be able to sneak in some of those repeated rides on Thunder Mountain while my parents watch the kiddos!

I'm here :goodvibes

I love how detailed your always make your TR's, yours are always some of my favorite to read.

I just also have to say quickly that reading through your intro, I can relate to you guys on so many levels.

My Hubby and I are going in September and it very well could be our "last just the two of us trip" as well. We're constantly getting asked by family when were planning for kids, an answer that I definitely cannot give right now lol.

Also, with leaving work and being a homemaker temporarily, I can relate there as well. I have never given up my job, but did go down to part time recently in order to figure out what I feel God's plan is for my life before I decide if I want to look for a job in the field my degree is in or not.

And lastly, I have/have had some numerous similar health issues which have been an issue on many of our trips as well.

I'm so excited for follow along with you guys as always :)

Aww, that's such a sweet compliment! I showed it to Howard right away because I know my TRs don't have the huge following like the bigger DIS names, but I love writing them so I have a record of what we did so that I can reread them in the future too. I really do appreciate all the readers here though, so it totally made my day to read your comment!

It's exciting to think about the prospect of having kids, but at the same time, duo trips are really super fun! With all the uncertainty about jobs and health, sometimes it's easier just dealing with those things first.

Hope you have a fantastic trip in September!

So excited to see another TR!! :goodvibes

Oh, and unfortunately, once you have a baby, the questions don't stop....it just becomes "are you having another?!" :rolleyes1

Haha, I can only imagine! It's kind of strange thinking that it's considered an okay topic conversation to ask about people's plans to have kids!

I'm here too :woohoo:

Haha it's funny reading a commentary about yourself from your wife because you know it's accurate and it also tells you things that she wouldn't necessarily say to your face! In any case, I am just as happy as you are to be married to my best friend :lovestruc

I totally agree that Rae and I love looking for details and we always manage to notice things that we never spotted before. Sometimes it's more important for me to make sure I get a picture of the detail instead of actually enjoying it in person, but I'm working on that. I really do love taking pictures at Disney because there are just so many different perspectives and great details that the Imagineers put thought into creating and actually hiding throughout all the parks for us to find!

I do admit that the past trip or two were more about the landscapes and my favorite picture that I have is from our Disneymoon. It's not the perfect picture in terms of the technical aspects, but I love it because it captured just how amazing it was to be married and spending our first week as husband and wife in one of the most magical places on earth :cloud9:

I will say that I'm a fan of taking pictures of landscapes/objects/LIGHT FIXTURES, but I've also grown to love taking pictures of my wife. I'm not a huge fan of portraits, but in a Disney setting combined with the subject being the prettiest girl on the planet? I'm sold!

It's hard to resist posting more, but I will not put up any more spoilers! While I'm still going through the pictures for this trip, I do have a few that are competing for that spot of being my #1 photo, so stay tuned :)

Yayyyyyyyy! Even if you don't chime in often, I like knowing that you're going to keep up with the reading.

LET'S GO BACK! I'm sure there are a ton more details now especially with Mine Train open!

I just finished your Disneymoon TR! Can't wait for this one!

Yay! Thanks for joining in!

Excited to read about your trip report! I didn't realize you quit your teaching job! Good for you!! Happiness is more important!

By the way (you might find this funny since we have the same name and spelling) I went to Starbucks this morning and they spelled our name "Ratchel" on the cup! Who spells Rachel like that??

Yeah, I just needed to get away from teaching! I just didn't expect at all that I would be miss it! I really needed that break though; I think I would've just been miserable if I had stayed.

Haha, Ratchel? I've never seen anything that hilarious before! I've only ever gotten the Rachael spelling.

I'm really excited for this TR! I silently read your Disneymoon one and I have to also say: I really relate to what you wrote in the intro:

I'm in a similar place in my life right now. I moved away from Orlando and from working at WDW and have been gone for some years... but my life over the past couple of years has really reminded me of how much I miss it and how I took it for granted. I don't think that I appreciated it enough when I was there and I think even if I had stayed, I wouldn't have understood what a gift it was. Now that I've been gone, I'm learning to be grateful for the places and experiences I've had where I've felt like my happiest and best self -- and best able to give my gifts to others. So, just wanted to say that really, really resonates with me! Thank you for sharing and I am really looking forward to this TR!

Thanks so much for following along with my Disneymoon TR! So happy you're popping up here too!

Exactly! My perspective just changed being away from it for a while, and now in hindsight, I see that it was completely necessary even though I absolutely hated it when I was living through it. Thanks for sharing with me too!

Isn't it nice? I asked him before I started whether or not he was going to pop in every once in a while!

I always thought of my DH and I as a family once we were married. We were there to support each other. Having kids just made our family grow!

Ah, the 'Last trip before kids'. It feels like so long ago, though it was only 4+ years!! It definitely has that sentimental feeling.

I totally know what you mean about feeling like you forgot to pack something. We have gotten very good at leaving out things that we don't think will get used or living without things that we think might only be used once or twice. It's great traveling lighter, but every time we finish I feel like it was too easy and I must be forgetting something important!!

I can't wait to hear more!

Exactly! I love that the two of us are our own family. I don't like the idea that we're incomplete without kids; they'll just be additions to our family!

It ended up that we didn't actually forget anything, so I was relieved! I don't know why there was so much room! I guess we didn't bring a thousand extra tops and such!

Thank you! I am going to try to keep up with this TR because it was such a fun trip (not that the other ones weren't fun) and it was a lot of fun to photograph. Can't wait to get up to the pictures! :thumbsup2

Haha, yeah, because airport pictures aren't as exciting as WDW pictures so hopefully I get moving!

Subbing!! So excited for your new TR! :woohoo:

Yay Emma! Thanks for joining in!

Travel with My Version of "Magic" Bands

The worst part about vacationing in Disney World is that we have to travel from NYC by sitting in a car for over 19 hours or sit on a plane for about 2.5 hours. With regard to time, flying is clearly the better choice. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of sitting on a plane! I'm kind of claustrophobic because I don't like the idea of not being able to leave if I want to or need to. I also have fear of getting air sick since I do deal with motion sickness even in the car. But for this trip I was prepared with my version of "magic" bands; a few months ago, I had purchased Sea Band Wrist Bands!

I have been using it on car rides, and it really does help! I try to put them on before the car ride or at least before I feel too much motion in the car, and it has made it so much easier to travel. Even a 30-minute car ride sometimes make me a little nervous, but I can remain calmer. I had my fingers crossed that it would make air travel easier too, so I popped them on before we were even on the plane. Despite having that with me, I was still a little nervous, but thankfully, I was feeling fairly healthy that Saturday morning on January 25th.

Twitter: It's Disney day! Just gotta get the plane ride over with before we get to enjoy some warmER weather compared to NY.

With a few last minute things packed in our luggage, we zipped it up and waited for my parents to pick us up. They so kindly woke up early to drive us to the airport for our 9am flight. Though we would be willing to take car service if we really had to, my dad doesn't believe it's worth ever paying for that. If anything, we'd just pay him to take us, but of course, he doesn't take the money anyway. My parents actually had to go to New Jersey anyway to get something checked with the car so thankfully it wasn't a trip just for us.

We waited in our apartment lobby, and I snapped a picture of our luggage. It was the luggage we purchased before our Disneymoon, and we LOVE it! Besides the fact that it looks absolutely adorable with Mickey on it, it's also OUR suitcases. I've never owned any beforehand, but it makes me extra happy knowing that it belongs to the both of us because that means that we go on vacations together! As you can see, there was also snow outside. There was actually a winter storm earlier in the week, and I was nervous that it would affect our flight if it came later in the week. Thankfully, it didn't cause any problems!

I also took a picture of the two of us on my phone so as to post it on Twitter since I wasn't really posting things on Instagram just yet. I really didn't want to deal with everyone's comments that we were going back to Disney World again! I also noted that everyone should ignore hubby's super high hair, haha. Don't quite know why it came out that way that morning! You can probably see on my face that I wasn't necessarily excited about having to get on an airplane, but I knew that I would have a better chance of feeling normal (or at least close to normal!) with the Sea Bands on my wrists.

When my parents picked us up, my dad started asking us questions about our vacation. He was basically wondering why we were staying on property and not at their timeshare. Even with the exchange fee to switch up their regular week to that week in January, he was saying that it would've been SO much cheaper, but I said that staying on Disney property meant that we wouldn't have to rent a car, which would end up being almost the same cost anyway minus all the onsite benefits. Later in the day, my mom emailed me and said that my dad was asking how we were going to get from the airport to the hotel. My mom had to explain to him again that we'd have a bus to take us there and buses to help us travel to and from the parks. I guess he didn't fully understand what I was saying when we were in the car. It definitely shows that the Disney cost makes a lot more sense especially when it's just the two of us! When we eventually do have baby Luke and Leia, we will gladly stay at my parents' timeshare with the spacious rooms and the kitchen. However, right now, Pop Century is for us!

After just a brief 25 minutes or so, I kissed my parents goodbye and we thanked them for the ride! I was very happy that we were taking Jet Blue again. After our Disneymoon trip, we decided to ALWAYS take Jet Blue because of the more comfortable seating, the TV, and unlimited snacks. It definitely helps me calm down a bit more. We had already checked in online so we had our boarding passes, but some others weren't as prepared and needed to use the kiosks.

Twitter: Two ladies asked the hubby how to check in with JetBlue and he checked both of them in for them at the kiosk, haha.

It was absolutely adorable watching hubs help the two older women check in! They were so grateful too. I had to snap that really quick picture of one of them. They were talking about how the technology is so advanced and all that, which I completely agreed with! I mean, yeah, I may know how to use the computer and my phone better than they do, but my former students are definitely much more knowledgeable about everything else, so I feel old sometimes too! It's gotten to that stage of life where they'll mention a song or a singer, and I'm like, "Who's that?" Haha, I've become one of those teachers.

Security was a breeze, thankfully. Even if anyone is a little grouchy, I still like to smile at everyone. I know it must be slightly difficult knowing you're at work and seeing all these people going off on vacation. It took a tiny bit longer putting our stuff through the scanner machines mainly because we had all of our layers, and hubs also had to take the laptop out of his bag. As we were putting all of our layers back on and getting our things ready to go, we actually saw the two women pass by another corridor, and we waved to each other! Haha, it made me happy that we had "friends" in the airport.

Twitter: Made it to the gate at 7:38am. Just about an hour until we board.

Once we finished with all the official business, we found our gate and settled in to wait. I called my mom to let her know that we had made it. Throughout the vacation, I email my mom because she likes knowing what we're up to, and she tells me that my dad keeps asking about us too. That's how it is all the time though even when my older brother and sister-in-law went on their honeymoon in Hawaii and then took a vacation to Asia. This was also before my parents got texting, which was just a few months ago. Random tidbit, my mom is the one who actually has the most texts when they joined our plan, haha!

It was unarguably a flight filled with Disney World goers! There were families all around us, so while I was on the laptop attempting to type up some updates to finish the Disneymoon TR, I also had some entertainment around us. Parents were getting breakfast and splitting things with the kids and explaining to them what to do if they get lost in WDW. There was an obvious excitement in the air, and it wasn't just from the kids! We were super giddy although we didn't have backpacks and plushies to outwardly show it the way they did. There were, of course, a ton of Frozen items that we saw during this trip, but the cutest thing was the girl sitting across from us had a Minnie Mouse plush that was holding a teeny-tiny Figaro! I didn't get a chance to take a picture of that though.

Since our plane was already there, I knew we would leave on time. It was unlike our Disneymoon trip when it was stuck in Washington DC because of the weather.

Hubs enjoys taking some pictures when at the airport. I enjoy watching airplanes take off too, but that's when we're sitting in the IKEA restaurant nearby watching from that point of view and not when we're about to board a plane ourselves!

Twitter: It looks like we just woke up. Boarding in about 10 minutes.

As other groups started boarding, we just sat and waited since we were closer to the front of the plane, but even then, I like to stay in the airport for as long as possible. I really don't need that much time to settle in. We took the opportunity to record some of our thoughts, and from there, you can see why this trip report is titled "... shout out to you!"

VIDEO: Airport Ramblings

By the way, when Howard says, "Bruce is coming with us," he's referring to the guy standing behind me talking to his mom on the phone. I didn't realize it until I heard the video later! Haha, it just threw me off because I didn't know who he was talking about as the only Bruce I know is from Finding Nemo.

Anyway, just in case you don't want to watch the video, we mentioned that we had made our two friends at the Jet Blue kiosk. Since hubs checked them in, he found out their names, and so we wished Stella and Dina a great trip in Ft. Lauderdale and he said, "Shout out to you!" That stuck and throughout the ENTIRE trip, that's what we kept saying that it was only appropriate that it become our trip report title!

With the few minutes we had left, I did actually go to the bathroom again. I get so neurotic about these things, haha. Yes, I do know there's a bathroom on the airplane, but if I can avoid it, I will. I mean, I know it won't be as shaky as the bathrooms on our car during our Amtrak ride, but I still like stable locations if I can help it! I think my mom also got it into my head that we must go to the bathroom before we leave to go anywhere just in case as we never know if there will be traffic or a dirty bathroom at our destination. Of course, as a teacher, you really do learn how to control your bladder very well until your prep or lunch break during the day! But if I can prevent myself from getting a little mental about it, why not?

I did have hubs snap a quick picture of my manicure too as I actually had a tiny corner chip already! I knew it wouldn't last throughout the entire week, so I wanted it documented that I had nice nails at the start!

The last order of business before we got in line to board the plane was to put on the Sea Bands. I was very hopeful that they'd make the flight a lot more pleasant even if it was just a way to keep me calm by reassuring me that I wouldn't feel sick with them on my wrists. I actually have them in my bag at all times.

Okay, deep breath in and deep breath out. I was ready!

It's always fun to fly to Orlando and to see families traveling to Disney. Of course, they're easier to spot on the way home since they're all wearing Disney gear. It makes me wonder what percentage of visitors buy clothing or hats!

Funny how Dad takes longer to grasp how Disney transportation works. If he ever gets the chance to experience it, he just might get hooked! We just love not having to drive at all on vacation.

I am the same way with the restrooms. Right before boarding, I always go even if I just went. I'd rather use the airport restroom than the tiny plane one!

Your nails do look cool with the speckles, nice job! :thumbsup2

And you are on your way!!

Love, Love, Love JetBlue. Though we often fly Southwest to save money. Nothing beats those TVs to help the time pass!

I wish both of you had been better also. So many people were sick that year. The gang decided that I needed a holiday so planned a last minute trip. 5 days, 4 nights at AKL standard view. 6am flight on Jet Blue going down and 8;30 pm on the way back. When I got there I was upgraded to a savanah view. I can't even begin to express what a blessing this trip was. Looking at the airport is reminding me of that morning. Looking forward to the next update. Love the nails.

Looks like a great travel day so far!

I'm not a huge fan of flying...seems to get worse the older I get too. I don't get sick though...just nervous.

I love that your apartment has a lobby! I guess that is normal but it reminds me of a hotel.
Obviously, I find mundane things thrilling!:)

Joining! I love your nails, by the way. I have that same 'clearly spotted' or whatever it is, but haven't used it yet! I clearly need to. Excited to read about this trip!

Awwww - I didn't know you hated flying! I hope those sea bands helped. :thumbsup2 I watch a movie now whenever I fly. By the time I can turn on my computer and watch the movie it generally lasts long enough to get me to landing. Definitely helps.

I hear ya on the last minute BR trip and I'm right there with you!

Howard's pics are really nice! And how nice of him to help those loads get all checked in!

Aww, I feel like all of my flights to Orlando, even if they're for business, are just so happy! Most people are just audibly excited.
LOVE JetBlue! Did you fly out of Newark?? We loved the JetBlue terminal at JFK, but Westchester is just so much more convenient for us.
Love that you made airport friends-- so sweet of Howard to help out Stella and Dina! :thumbsup2

Haha I'm still waiting for the day for someone to bump into our video and be like, hey, that's Grandma and her friend! That would be hilarious :lmao:

Yay i'm so glad your included the videos again, I loved watching the little clips in your honeymoon TR.

I was intrigued when you were describing the Sea Bands, so I had to google them when I finished reading your update. They sound like a really neat idea

And haha I'm the same way about having to always use the bathroom right before boarding, the bathrooms on the plane although there, are not something I wanna use if I don't have too.

Can't wait for more :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter