Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

This was surprising. Stepped on the scale after all I stuffed myself with during Thanksgiving and all our meals out. Was busy with company and going to WDW, and much to my surprise, I lost weight! Down 7. I'm assuming it's from the extra walking at Disney and either splitting meals or eating only half of the meal at a sitting. Size 10 pants are feeling comfortable! I need a belt to wear my 12's and 14's.

Good for you, lovethattink. :thumbsup2

I broke even last night. Last week was bad because dh wanted to eat out a lot even though I had some delicious food waiting here. One of the things talked about last night was taking a snack along in case you get hungry. Well, I've decided that the snack is definitely going along with us but it's in case HE gets hungry. :rotfl2:

DD was down two more lbs for a total loss of 74 lbs. She came over last night to help decorate our tree and she said she was thinking about trying on her wedding dress. Well, she did and it fit beautifully! I am so proud of all her hard work.

lovethattink said:
This was surprising. Stepped on the scale after all I stuffed myself with during Thanksgiving and all our meals out. Was busy with company and going to WDW, and much to my surprise, I lost weight! Down 7. I'm assuming it's from the extra walking at Disney and either splitting meals or eating only half of the meal at a sitting. Size 10 pants are feeling comfortable! I need a belt to wear my 12's and 14's.

Holy shmoly! 7 pounds is amazing! Good for you!

pwdebbie said:

I broke even last night. Last week was bad because dh wanted to eat out a lot even though I had some delicious food waiting here. One of the things talked about last night was taking a snack along in case you get hungry. Well, I've decided that the snack is definitely going along with us but it's in case HE gets hungry. :rotfl2:

DD was down two more lbs for a total loss of 74 lbs. She came over last night to help decorate our tree and she said she was thinking about trying on her wedding dress. Well, she did and it fit beautifully! I am so proud of all her hard work.

I would say that if you know you had a bad week, breaking even is pretty good! You can also make healthier choices when you go out. It can be hard, but it is doable. I wrote a blog about it with some tips!

TiggerFan3590 said:
Great Job!!!! Congratulations!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks to you and everyone here for the support and encouragement!

Awesome! I cannot wait to fit back into my wedding gown. I think I'll have to still be smaller, pounds-wise, than where I am now because my chest is so much bigger, still, after making milk for DS for so long. :) I am actually lighter *now* than I was for the wedding (wow) but I'm smaller/bigger in different places. Hips are smaller, tummy is squishier now, as well as the already-mentioned chestal region being bigger, LOL. Hips don't really matter in a ballgown, though!

I recently had to buy new, smaller, exercise/yoga pants, as the old ones were falling off during my treadmill time (which is so much more obnoxious than you'd think...and you'd probably think it's really obnoxious and annoying!). Also bought new, smaller, underwear. My shirts are looking more like mini-dresses and I really must get new ones soon. I'm looking at 2, maybe even 3, sizes smaller for the shirts, which just astonishes me.

And I'm able to wear my true engagement/wedding ring now, which is *beyond* thrilling. I had started buying cheapie, FUN, rings and bands back when DS was 3 and I had to admit that I couldn't wear my real ring. Doesn't even bother me now (like it did ages ago) that it's only one ring (it's a heavy platinum band with a half-bezel setting, and doesn't really "go" with another band); I'm just happy I can put it over my knuckle now! :goodvibes

I was able to walk down a plane aisle without having to turn sideways last week.

Wow.

Thanks!

Wow, congratulations to your dd! I know I will never fit back in mine. I was in a size 0 back then. Funny how I thought it was a curse back then, to eat like a pig and never gain weight. Now I just have to look at the food and I pack it on ;)

Holy shmoly! 7 pounds is amazing! Good for you!

Thanks! I was shocked.

Awesome! I cannot wait to fit back into my wedding gown. I think I'll have to still be smaller, pounds-wise, than where I am now because my chest is so much bigger, still, after making milk for DS for so long. :) I am actually lighter *now* than I was for the wedding (wow) but I'm smaller/bigger in different places. Hips are smaller, tummy is squishier now, as well as the already-mentioned chestal region being bigger, LOL. Hips don't really matter in a ballgown, though!

DD bf four kids in born within 3 yrs and 2 mos (the last two were twins). I don't think she even had on a gutsucker when she tried her gown on Tuesday night.

I recently had to buy new, smaller, exercise/yoga pants, as the old ones were falling off during my treadmill time (which is so much more obnoxious than you'd think...and you'd probably think it's really obnoxious and annoying!). Also bought new, smaller, underwear. My shirts are looking more like mini-dresses and I really must get new ones soon. I'm looking at 2, maybe even 3, sizes smaller for the shirts, which just astonishes me.

Isn't that a great feeling? I need to buy new undies also, but I don't know what size I wore before (they are at least ten years old) and therefore I can't figure out what size to buy now. Why oh why can't they size them like everything else?

And I'm able to wear my true engagement/wedding ring now, which is *beyond* thrilling. I had started buying cheapie, FUN, rings and bands back when DS was 3 and I had to admit that I couldn't wear my real ring. Doesn't even bother me now (like it did ages ago) that it's only one ring (it's a heavy platinum band with a half-bezel setting, and doesn't really "go" with another band); I'm just happy I can put it over my knuckle now! :goodvibes

I was able to walk down a plane aisle without having to turn sideways last week.

Wow.

Two more great accomplishments -- the ring and the aisle. You are doing wonderful!

DH and I both lost 1.2. Woo!

I hit the 55 pound mark, which took my leader by surprise. It has been since mid-October that I hit the last 5 lbs, so it sort of surprised me, too. :)

DH is inching his way towards his 10%. It's been longer for him since his last 5 lbs than it was for me. I'm so impressed that he keeps on going, he's an inspiration! He has an Active Link now, and enjoys using it. He doesn't swap his Activity Points, but he likes earning them.

Two more great accomplishments -- the ring and the aisle. You are doing wonderful!

Thanks!

Wow, that is extra impressive that your daughter wasn't even wearing a body shaper!

I hate underwear shopping, too. I recently got brave and measured my hips, so I had that to go on, at least. I also had some Maidenform "hipsters" that I got right before the wedding that suddenly fit again, so I could go by that. My problem has always been that I'm short, so a "hipster" doesn't sit on the hips on me where it should. But they aren't falling off, so that's good!

I bought the new member kit thing*, and tonight I've been reading the Success Handbook. Since I have previously avoided reading WW stuff (to my detriment!) I was a little nervous about the new stuff, but knew I should read it. And wow, it's good!

Of course, it sort of sounds like they've been reading things we all say to each other in the "privacy" (ha!) of this thread and over on the WW boards, but since most of those things are generally helpful, yay for them that they are saying those things in ways that can get across to people!

I've actually filled out some of the things in the book, like I've drawn what I felt like at the beginning, and what I hope to look like at the end...and I revised my previous quits (does that make sense) and wrote a letter to myself if I want to quit... Usually I don't do that sort of stuff, so it's impressive that the author "got me" to do it. :)

In the past (this is getting repetitive, isn't it?) I have been incredibly fearful of change when it comes to WW, so I was nervous, but this seems to be good. It's not a change, but an addition.

If this has already been discussed by people who go to meetings earlier in the week I apologize. :) I just got it today. :goodvibes

*partially for the collapsible measuring cups, for DH's travel! He already brings little measuring spoons, and now he can measure it all.

I bought the new member kit thing*, and tonight I've been reading the Success Handbook. Since I have previously avoided reading WW stuff (to my detriment!) I was a little nervous about the new stuff, but knew I should read it. And wow, it's good!

Of course, it sort of sounds like they've been reading things we all say to each other in the "privacy" (ha!) of this thread and over on the WW boards, but since most of those things are generally helpful, yay for them that they are saying those things in ways that can get across to people!

I've actually filled out some of the things in the book, like I've drawn what I felt like at the beginning, and what I hope to look like at the end...and I revised my previous quits (does that make sense) and wrote a letter to myself if I want to quit... Usually I don't do that sort of stuff, so it's impressive that the author "got me" to do it. :)

In the past (this is getting repetitive, isn't it?) I have been incredibly fearful of change when it comes to WW, so I was nervous, but this seems to be good. It's not a change, but an addition.

If this has already been discussed by people who go to meetings earlier in the week I apologize. :) I just got it today. :goodvibes

*partially for the collapsible measuring cups, for DH's travel! He already brings little measuring spoons, and now he can measure it all.

55 pounds? Fabulous job!! :cheer2:

I had my meeting today too, so it was my first gander at the new kit. I thought the book you mentioned looked really interesting but I wasn't ready to spend money on it yet. Perhaps next Saturday! How is the cookbook that came with it?

Oh! And I'm down two more pounds for a total of 15.6. :cool1:

55 pounds? Fabulous job!! :cheer2:

I had my meeting today too, so it was my first gander at the new kit. I thought the book you mentioned looked really interesting but I wasn't ready to spend money on it yet. Perhaps next Saturday! How is the cookbook that came with it?

Oh! And I'm down two more pounds for a total of 15.6. :cool1:

Thank you!

I was so busy reading the Success book that I haven't even looked at the cookbook. I'll do that today.

Yay for your loss!!! :banana:

Oh, I was looking at the new info they gave us at no extra cost, and I was really pleased to see that they are being a little more obvious in the idea that you CAN use your Weekly points and even your Activity points.

When I have tried WW in the past, for some reason (and this might have to do with that not reading the booklets thing I mentioned before) I always thought it was "better" to stick with the daily points. But then after awhile I would feel incredibly deprived, go off the program, and quit.

This time I decided early on to start using Weeklies, then a couple months into it I started using APs, too. But I've never really felt like the materials encouraged that. But this time it seems that they are perhaps mentioning it a bit more. Or maybe that's just how I'm reading it.

I weighed in on Friday and lost 2.8 lbs, almost all of my Thanksgiving-palooza weight gain. I'm glad I didn't look at the number last week! Yikes!

I counted points all weekend and then went to Simply Filling for the rest of the week. I think I'll try that again this week. It's easier for me to be mindful of what I'm eating when my DH is away on business since I'm cooking for just me.

I bought the kit last week. Time just hasn't allowed me to really get into it. But I don't think I saw a cookbook.:confused3 I also bought the EAT OUT andSHOP books.

I still don't use many of my AP or WP. I still am losing weight, and I'm not hungry. Am I the only one?

I tend to use some of the weekly points each week and activity points as I need them. It's helped me to not feel deprived as I go along thru the week. I've been losing slow and steady since I started. I'd probably lose more quickly if I didn't use them but I'm not sure I'd be as sucessful at not falling off the wagon as I have been. I would like to ease away from them over time though.

I weighed in on Friday and lost 2.8 lbs, almost all of my Thanksgiving-palooza weight gain. I'm glad I didn't look at the number last week! Yikes!

That's fabulous!

I still don't use many of my AP or WP. I still am losing weight, and I'm not hungry. Am I the only one?

I think a lot of people, at least at my meeting, stick with, or close to, the Daily points. My leader has always said that she eats every point coming to her, though, and I think that it was her influence that helped me see a better way for me to do it. And I'm so so so so thankful that I can, because deprivation really messes with my head. Even the number can do a number on me. Last time I did WW, the lowest Points was set at 18, I believe. And I simply could NOT deal with that idea, that I would "only" be eating 18 points. It's probably the same amount of *food* as 26 pointsplus is now (except that we had to count fruit/veggies UGH), but that low number messed me up. (would have helped if someone mentioned that in Maintenance they give you some extra points, LOL)

So I flipped through the cookbook, and it's pretty good! There were enough veggie, or could-be-changed-to-veggie, recipes in there for us, but the whole package wasn't so expensive that I felt like I was ripped off by buying a "meat" cookbook. And the recipes, most of them, sounded tasty. I also like how the cookbook looks and feels. It's pretty, bright, and isn't flimsy.

All in all, I give the new stuff an A. :goodvibes

Daisybelle said:
I tend to use some of the weekly points each week and activity points as I need them. It's helped me to not feel deprived as I go along thru the week. I've been losing slow and steady since I started. I'd probably lose more quickly if I didn't use them but I'm not sure I'd be as sucessful at not falling off the wagon as I have been. I would like to ease away from them over time though.

I haven't felt deprived yet. Maybe I'm crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter