Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by pwdebbie, Jun 28, 2012.

1. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

That's amazing! Congratulations to you both!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

Thanks, Debbie and Keahgirl!

4. nocomment711

nocomment711 Ces Soirees-La

Decided to try WW after looking at my photographs from a trip to NYC and not liking what I saw. My goal is to lose 60 pounds over the next few months for my planned trip to Disney in October (for food and wine, of all things...)

Here's hoping...

5. phorsenuf

phorsenuf <marquee><font color=blue>Not so New Rule author o

Down another 1.6. I think it may have been more if I hadn't met my husband for lunch. I don't like late afternoon weigh-ins. :rotfl:
    I'm still up in the air about this meeting. Although people did ask her way she doesn't celebrate people's loss. She says because everyone doesn't want to share. Um, ok, then they don't have to. Seems others find it motivating too.

6. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Minor car trouble turned into a major NSV. I sat in the front seat of a tow truck (tight quarters) with two other people and buckled my seatbelt...no problem! Anyone who has been overweight will know how huge that is.

7. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

She doesn't celebrate *any* loss? Actually, even if she only celebrates big milestones I would still be sad about that. I wonder if her meeting got lots of complaints before? (which makes me think *someone* there has a loud and carrying voice)

Afternoon weigh-in probably makes for the most healthy weighers, IMO. I have a Sat morning weigh-in, and I still refuse to eat or drink before it*. Worse, DH does the same. When it was at 10am it was bad enough, and then they dropped a meeting and made ours at 10:30. youch.

With an afternoon weigh-in, though, you pretty much have to eat and drink, so you're probably healthier in my opinion.

*I've started wearing normal clothing, I'm not doing special meals the night before anymore, and I can deal with even switching out the clothes and dealing with the weight fluctuations...eating before the meeting is next on my "how to be normal" list, LOL.

8. StayCool

StayCool DIS Veteran

WI this morning and I was down 2.8 pounds. I'm still struggling with eating healthy but I am trying to change things up and keeping control of my portion sizes. Happy Tuesday everyone! :thumbsup2

9. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

No loss this week, but no gain either! Onward and upward!

10. phorsenuf

She'll give out kudos for someone that hit their 5 or 10%, or that someone lost 5 pounds, but it's not that raise your hand if you had a loss this week, and then people would share their loss amount. To me (and others) that is very motivating. I suppose I could be carrying my likes from other meetings and should understand that each leader has their own ways, but I really liked my other leaders. :rotfl: I'm too lazy to drive the 30+ minutes for the other meeting. Although that would be a morning meeting which I prefer more. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow.

11. nocomment711

Are meetings worth the extra money? It would be an extra $22 a month to be able to go to meetings, and I've heard mixed reviews.

12. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

It depends on who you ask. Some people need the accountability and support you get in the meetings. I have found those things in other ways, so online membership works just fine for me.

13. superme80

superme80 DIS Veteran

So I was able to join online for 3 months. I didn't do so well on my own. I did Spark People for a few weeks and lost 7 lbs. I have a trip to Disney planned in a month so I am trying to bet as healthy as I can! Have a great week everyone.
    Oh and if any one wants to send me a pm during the week to remind me that kettle chips are NOT my friend. Please do so! :lmao:

14. phorsenuf

For me, absolutely! I know all about how WW works, heck I could be a leader (and am seriously thinking about it when I hit goal) but to do it on my own never works.
    I need the accountability. I like the content of the meetings, hearing people share their stories, food finds, recipes and such. Also too, if I have to pay to go every week, then it also keeps me motivated to stay on plan so I'm not wasting my money.

15. pwdebbie

pwdebbie DIS Veteran

That's good! You've lost so much that you might have a few weeks where your body stops losing in order to adjust to the new you. I just went through that and am finally on the other side.

WI is tonight and I had Chinese for lunch -- beef and broccoli and two of dh's Gen. Tso's shrimp. No Gen. Tso's shrimp on the tracker, so I used chicken points instead. 5:00 p.m. I'll see what lunch did to me today. (But I still have 9 points left for today -- which is designated to our weekly Auntie Anne's pretzel. :) )

16. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

Chinese sounds so good! I hope weigh in goes well. Enjoy your Auntie Anne's pretzel!

I am down again! Even after sharing a Cinnamon Roll at Gaston's again. I think the point is to share. Just a few bites takes off the craving and the feeling of depriving myself. I just couldn't believe it after standing on the scale 2 days in a row and seeing the same exact number! The first day, I thought maybe it was water loss, but it's been pretty consistent for a few days.

17. nocomment711

I think I'm gonna see how the first month goes on my own. I'm fairly motivated right now (and sore from my first real workout since high school). If I start struggling, I'll upgrade.

Another question. Will it fail if I eat less points than I'm assigned per day? I have a lot and I don't want to eat for the sake of having points.

18. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

That's kind of what I was thinking. Also, I am close to being at goal, so it could start slowing down. Thirdly, I am working out more and not eating APs. I'm going to try eating a little more and see if that works. I probably need to start doing that anyway to prepare for maintenance.

Let us know how it goes!

19. phorsenuf

It's best to eat all the points. The points are really calculated by how many calories your body needs in order to lose weight but still be healthy. If you routinely eat below that amount your body will go into 'starvation mode' and will prevent you from losing weight. It will conserve them actually.

20. nocomment711

Thanks! I'm struggling to meet points some days, but it's okay if I don't use the extra points they give you per week? It just feels a little counter productive to eat more when I'm not hungry just to use up points.

21. phorsenuf

The extra weekly points you can skip. The other day I had 14 pints left for the day and I wasn't even hungry, yet I ate good that day. :confused3