• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

I just did something unprecedented. I just spent an hour at the gym at Old Key West! My first time working out at WDW, other than the casual exercise I get from all the walking. I'm not tracking while I am on vacation, so I figured I out to work off some of the Food & Wine! Hopefully any gain I have will be minimal, since I am being somewhat sensible and staying very active.

Krissalee said:
I just did something unprecedented. I just spent an hour at the gym at Old Key West! My first time working out at WDW, other than the casual exercise I get from all the walking. I'm not tracking while I am on vacation, so I figured I out to work off some of the Food & Wine! Hopefully any gain I have will be minimal, since I am being somewhat sensible and staying very active.

That is awesome! I have aspirations of using the jogging routes but never do.

On a positive note, down .4 as I wait for my WW meeting to start!

I am down 2 for the week. So I lost what I gained. But I think having a stomach bug had something to do with it. I still need to get tracking again!

No tracking for october....gained 5 :( at least i know i cant do it without tracking

No tracking for october....gained 5 :( at least i know i cant do it without tracking

That's good information to have! Now you know what to do. Did you track today?

Gained .2. I've been sick and I got this lovely garlicky veggie wonton soup from a local Asian fusion place in town as a form of medicine. :) I ate the entire container (for health purposes of course) the night before WI. While the restaurant doesn't use MSG, they do use salt! whoopsie! I'm not worried about it...when I put my pants on WI morning they felt looser than they ever had, so I'm feeling good about that. Can't wait for this stupid cold to go away so I can get back to working out! (some people can workout while sick, but since illnesses hit me in the lungs and I'm prone to asthma anyway, so I don't)

Dh thought he'd gained 5. So finding out it was only 1 made him happy. He took this week off to help out with his mom, so he hasn't had his baseline activity which involves walking to and from public transit or even walking around his office. He goes back to work tomorrow so that will change.

I bit the bullet and dropped by my WW Center for a weigh-in. I've missed the past 4 weeks due to a 2 week vacation and illness. I knew it would be ugly--I'm up 6 lbs:crazy2: So today I have committed to tracking everything and getting back on the program. On the plus side, I am still lighter than I was when I started WW a few months ago.

I ran by the grocery afterwards and stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies and my favorite WW treat (the dark chocolate raspberry bars---only 2 pts). So now I'm prepared to move forward. I'd thought I'd be a little more bummed than I am--I knew I gained (my jeans told me!) but somehow I feel relieved knowing that I can "fix" it.

Krissalee said:

Oh awesome! Was just looking at an article on the great gyms at deluxe resorts. They looked fantastic! Kudos to you for going!

I'm down 3.4 pounds, 86.2 overall! Only 30 pounds to go! I am trying to lose 10 more by the end of the year. Here's hoping!

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here because of Sandy. I have no power at my house but am GLAD to be back at work. I hope everyone here fared well and is safe and sound!!!
All that shivering must have done me well last week. ;) I lost 2.6 and I'm down a total of 38.6 since May 1.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up reading everything here but congrats to all who are sticking with it. No matter what- just keep going. We're all going to be hot tamales (I'm a cold tamale til that heat kicks in at home ;) ) !!
Have a great week everyone!!

keahgirl8 said:
I'm down 3.4 pounds, 86.2 overall! Only 30 pounds to go! I am trying to lose 10 more by the end of the year. Here's hoping!

What an inspiration!

christinascreative said:
Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been here because of Sandy. I have no power at my house but am GLAD to be back at work. I hope everyone here fared well and is safe and sound!!!
All that shivering must have done me well last week. ;) I lost 2.6 and I'm down a total of 38.6 since May 1.

It's going to take me awhile to catch up reading everything here but congrats to all who are sticking with it. No matter what- just keep going. We're all going to be hot tamales (I'm a cold tamale til that heat kicks in at home ;) ) !!

So sorry to hear this, we were spared power loss this time around (CT) but have several friends still without. Stay warm and hope it is restored soon. WTG on the loss! We were always in survival mode to use stuff up that eating was far from healthy.

I tried that too and it didn't work. I really need to track to keep me accountable! Did you start tracking again?

It was hit and miss this weekend....did things I ate at home, so about half but I did try to watch what I was eating while out....I'm down 20 pounds this year and dont want to "diet" to lose alot and then gain it back. I want to learn to eat correctly and lose the last 10 and then be able to keep it off. Glad I found this place so I can come hear and divulge my ups and downs.

christinascreative said:

I am so glad you are safe! I hope you get your power back on soon!

Disney52303 said:
What an inspiration!

Thank you! If I can do this, anyone can!

Every time you post, you make my goal seem more reachable. I just realized that we are both aiming for about the same amount of loss.

I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week. We got our power back Sunday night and were hooting and hollering as if we won lotto.

I am blessed that my house is standing and that my family is ok.

I hope this finds everyone on here well and getting back to some kind of normal after Sandy:)

Haven't done so well the past few weeks.....no gain so I am pleased with that! Back at it this week and making sure I record everything I eat. For some reason I have a hard time with something that should be so simple. Lol. Going out of town next week for business. Any pointers from travelers? Was thinking of packing snacks in my luggage (flying) - anyone done this and what did you take?

Glad to see a lot of you post that were affected by Sandy. Hope things continue to improve and more of you get power, gas, etc.

I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week. We got our power back Sunday night and were hooting and hollering as if we won lotto.

I hope this finds everyone on here well and getting back to some kind of normal after Sandy:)

Yay for power back. My niece in NJ still doesn't have hers. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this stuff and I hope things come together for you quickly. I agree that you are blessed your home is still standing. When I see some pictures, it is heartbreaking. I've been praying that all those who were impacted by last week's storm won't be reliving it again this week with the nor'easter. Going through what you have, I can understand WW being on the back burner for a bit. But since you've posted here, that tells me that you are dedicated to the plan and I'm sure you'll be back on the ball as soon as things start to fall back into place for you. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry you lost your cars but am glad you have power back and that you are safe & sound! Ours isn't back yet, but when we lost power last year with that Oct snowstorm, we hooted and hollered too :) I might cry this time around. The first thing I'm doing is taking a hot shower in my OWN shower! I've been showering at a coworker's house & carpooling in with her because of the gas situation.
I haven't been counting points, and this week, I'm not so sure how I'm doing-- I may gain this week. I think I was more on edge last week and that's how I lost that weight. I guess I'll see what happens on Saturday.
Hope you have a better week!!

Up 1.6. :confused3 My scale here had me even with last week.

I knew I ate a bit more (well, eTools yelled at me after the last weigh in that I was losing to fast, that's my excuse) but that much? To further rationalize, I forgot to empty the change out of my pockets and my shirt was heavier. :rotfl2:

No reason to be bumbed about it -- I had two pasta dinners, one cheesesteak sub, lunch at TGIFridays and lunch at Texas Roadhouse in the past seven days. And used 20 of my weekly points.

Next week will be a better WI. :) (Oh, did I mention that my favorite seasonal cookie is out? Stauffers Dark Chocolate Stars. I found them in the tracker, 1 pt per cookie. Not bad!)

Going out of town next week for business. Any pointers from travelers? Was thinking of packing snacks in my luggage (flying) - anyone done this and what did you take?

DH travels about half the year, and he will tell you that it's part of the reason he's on a slower track for losing than I am. (the other reasons are a pituitary tumor that interferes with loss, and a naturally slower metabolism that has plagued him all his life...or, at least since his mom put him on his first diet...at THREE years old :() Having to estimate your points, not being able to easily get your Good Health Guidelines, and dealing with the sodium in restaurant foods (he's sensitive to sodium) will add up into difficulties when you're away as much as he is!

Luckily he has recently been able to have a rental car on trips, and he can get to grocery stores to get bottled water, fruits for the room (like bananas and apples that will survive a little while outside of a fridge), and snacks with nutrition info labels.

If you have a car, and a little fridge with a tiny freezer in your room, and if you like the Weight Watchers ice cream things, you can have those around. DH's high Points saved him on one trip b/c he ate a pint of Haagen Dasz one night...he doesn't want to do that again, so he got the WW Toffee Crunch ice cream bars the last time. Much easier for him to control.

Snacks that really work for you and can be put in your carryon (or in a checked bag if you don't worry about bags being delayed or lost) are a great idea, especially if you won't have a car.

If you're staying at a hotel with a "manager reception" or some sort of happy hour type gathering, it might be best to just stay away. The snacks and free beer aren't often worth it!

I am glad it is working for you!!!!! I could not get to a meeting this weekend since our cars were lost and there isnt any gas anyway but I have not stopped eating. I am being such a pig. I mustve gained 5-8 pounds in the last week.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter