Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Just returned from meeting -- lost 3.2 this week!!! It's so weird that some weeks are easy -- you just slide through doing what you're supposed to do, and then others you feel like you're trudging uphill through mud.

I'm prouder of the fact that I earned 33 activity points (and walked 9 miles)! From zero to 33 in 44 years. Not a bad start....:lmao:

The girls at work are always making comments about the weight I've lost. Well today I found out that 2 of my coworkers are doing online WW too! They said that they are "friends" on the website and wanted to add me. How do I do that?

You can give them your profile name -- they'll do a site search and find your profile and send a notification message to you to be friends. You click on to agree.

Or if you have their profile names, you can do the same thing. I'd love to friend the people on this thread -- I'm bouncingtigger1 for anyone who'd like to!

lovesmurfs said:
Just returned from meeting -- lost 3.2 this week!!! It's so weird that some weeks are easy -- you just slide through doing what you're supposed to do, and then others you feel like you're trudging uphill through mud.

I'm prouder of the fact that I earned 33 activity points (and walked 9 miles)! From zero to 33 in 44 years. Not a bad start....:lmao:

wow! Way to go! I agree 100% with what you said about easy days and incredibly hard days.

Down 1.4 today! Almost 10 pounds in 6 weeks.

I stated cleaning out my closet today....pulling the "too big" pants and shapeless shirts and leaving the ones that fit. I still have more pants in the back of my closet that won't fit for another 20 pounds or so, so I can "shop" more in my closet. It's a great feeling. I feel that the better fitted pants make me look better as well. (Still fat, but better :lmao:)

Weight Watchers is having an open house in centers near me...I think I will head over and see what's happening.

lovesmurfs: 33 activity points?? Wow!! I'm pretty excited that I typically earn 12-15, so that's amazing.

staycool: how nice you'll have support.

pwDebbie: I have to say I'd be thinking no more Disney trips if I was your friend!!

Julia

lovesmurfs said:

I so agree with that! I was on program without problem for 10 good weeks. Suddenly, week 11, I feel like I lost my WW mojo. I was over points, didn't work out - heck, I actually cried because I really didn't want to work out. At my weigh in this week and maintained, no loss, no gain. This week I feel motivated again and am right back on track. I walked for an hour this morning, then came home and did abs and arms. DH and I went to a Seafood Festival this afternoon, and it was so crowded that we left without eating. We walked there and back, a mile each way, plus all around the festival area. It feels good to be back on track, and have no idea why last week was so difficult for me.

Good for you on the 33 activity points. Aside from last week, I have found that I have been trying to challenge myself to earn more and more points each week.

Hi everyone. I just joined weight watchers last week. I do have a lot of frustration with the app, i really don't know what to do when there is multiple points listed for one things, i.e egg whites. I am happy though, i lost 3lbs first week

On the app, sometimes you need to click on the item to see what it's really referring to. For example, on egg whites, if you have 1 egg white, it is 0 points and if you have 3 egg whites, it is 1 point. But, on the app, it says only "egg white" on the first page you see. You'll have to explore and play around with the app a bit.

I purposely put on the tightest clothes I could find today so I will constantly be reminded of what I want to accomplish.

I'm really sorry that you're having a rough time of it right now, and wish you all the best at getting those pounds gone, but I really thank you for sharing that you put on *tighter* clothes, to remind yourself. That's a good lesson and idea for me, and I thank you!

I so agree with that! I was on program without problem for 10 good weeks. Suddenly, week 11, I feel like I lost my WW mojo. I was over points, didn't work out - heck, I actually cried because I really didn't want to work out.

I don't know if you do meetings or not, but I think there's a strong reason why the meetings give out the "clapping hands" charm at your 16th meeting! It's HARD to keep going, but once you've hit around that mark, things are much more a part of your life. It's a habit at that point. So stick with it! If you don't go to meetings, when you hit that 16 weigh-ins mark (not 16 *weeks*, but 16 WIs, so if you've skipped some there is leeway), be sure to celebrate it! And every 16 WI period after that, as well!

I had a tremendous week, despite eating (or working hard to NOT eat) hospital food most of the week, with a 2.8 lb loss. I hit 45.4 (and got a hug from my leader) and was just smiling all day. I even *felt* thinner, which I'm sure many of you know doesn't always go along with *being* smaller.

Last week I fit into one pair of pants that's the next size down, and was able to wear them and look good. The "sister pants" to those, pants I bought at the same time, went on and zipped, but I should not be wearing them out anywhere, LOL. :) Not sure if I already mentioned that...if I have already said something about that here, ignore the second telling. :)

But today I wore a Large shirt that I bought years ago from Old Navy (when their "perfect tees" were not "tissue" fabric, and were nice and thick cotton that felt GOOD on), instead of the 2Xs I've been wearing. I wish I'd saved more of my Larges!

OH and I'll need to go bra shopping soon. The ones I wear for running are starting to chafe because they are too big (also, that's not good for jogging!), and my "pretty" bra is getting too loose. I am MOST pleased with this! I thought I'd never get my nice chest back after nursing DS for 1000 years! They just weren't going back to their proper size at all; but now it turns out it was all fat. Who knew? :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Poor DH had to weigh in this morning after two long flights, and in a different state. Well, not overly long flights, but long enough, and he is sensitive to the flying-bloat. I told him to WI early at our home center, but noooo, he refused. Silly guy. And then he took it to heart that he "gained* x pounds. He didn't *gain* the pounds, it's just water sitting there, and will disappear in a couple days without doing much other than *not being on a plane*. Some weeks it's like that...the scale is up, but you certainly didn't "gain".

I'm really sorry that you're having a rough time of it right now, and wish you all the best at getting those pounds gone, but I really thank you for sharing that you put on *tighter* clothes, to remind yourself. That's a good lesson and idea for me, and I thank you!

I don't know if you do meetings or not, but I think there's a strong reason why the meetings give out the "clapping hands" charm at your 16th meeting! It's HARD to keep going, but once you've hit around that mark, things are much more a part of your life. It's a habit at that point. So stick with it! If you don't go to meetings, when you hit that 16 weigh-ins mark (not 16 *weeks*, but 16 WIs, so if you've skipped some there is leeway), be sure to celebrate it! And every 16 WI period after that, as well!

I had a tremendous week, despite eating (or working hard to NOT eat) hospital food most of the week, with a 2.8 lb loss. I hit 45.4 (and got a hug from my leader) and was just smiling all day. I even *felt* thinner, which I'm sure many of you know doesn't always go along with *being* smaller.

Last week I fit into one pair of pants that's the next size down, and was able to wear them and look good. The "sister pants" to those, pants I bought at the same time, went on and zipped, but I should not be wearing them out anywhere, LOL. :) Not sure if I already mentioned that...if I have already said something about that here, ignore the second telling. :)

But today I wore a Large shirt that I bought years ago from Old Navy (when their "perfect tees" were not "tissue" fabric, and were nice and thick cotton that felt GOOD on), instead of the 2Xs I've been wearing. I wish I'd saved more of my Larges!

OH and I'll need to go bra shopping soon. The ones I wear for running are starting to chafe because they are too big (also, that's not good for jogging!), and my "pretty" bra is getting too loose. I am MOST pleased with this! I thought I'd never get my nice chest back after nursing DS for 1000 years! They just weren't going back to their proper size at all; but now it turns out it was all fat. Who knew? :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Poor DH had to weigh in this morning after two long flights, and in a different state. Well, not overly long flights, but long enough, and he is sensitive to the flying-bloat. I told him to WI early at our home center, but noooo, he refused. Silly guy. And then he took it to heart that he "gained* x pounds. He didn't *gain* the pounds, it's just water sitting there, and will disappear in a couple days without doing much other than *not being on a plane*. Some weeks it's like that...the scale is up, but you certainly didn't "gain".

What a great week for you! Here's a hug from me too :hug:. Tell DH not to sweat it, or may be he literally should ;). Anyway, you are absolutely correct, water weight. There are many reasons why the scale "lies". He'll have a great weigh in next week for sure.

Just a PSA -- This weight loss effort is the first time I'm also keeping track of inches lost (thigh, arm, bust, waist, hips). I've got so far to go, I thought that measuring inches every couple of weeks might help.

I haven't changed any sizes, yet -- only 20.4 pounds down. However, I just measured (third time since starting in early August) and overall I'm down by 5.5 inches. It's a real encouragement to know that there are changes going on that I might not see.

I really recommend using the tracker (under Weight Tracker) -- it only takes a few minutes and it's inspiring.

Hello Everyone, hope the weekend has been good to you.

I went to the WW open house yesterday. It was okay. I was by myself, so felt a little odd. Only stayed a little while. I came right after the Success Sharing and people were leaving in pairs to do a scavenger hunt. I didn't have a pair, and didn't go. What I did do was take a picture of two items I liked and added to my Christmas list app. I've always had everyone else on the app, but not me. It keeps track of what you put on a list, what you buy, when its wrapped, etc. So, I decided this year to add myself, so when dh or mom want a list for me, I can have it ready. I liked the serving spoon set and the salad keeper. Any comments on these?

We went out to dinner last night (just dh and I) after dropping dd off at the first dance of the year. Planned to go to Fridays, and OMG, it was incredibly hard to find anything to eat! Their whole menu is a WWers nightmare. On the way there, dh suggested BJ's Brewhouse, which I gladly agreed to. Had a light beer (but probably points for a regular beer! LOL) and three "little" plates: watermelon and arugula salad, mozzarella and tomato and 3 won tons. Calories were on the menu, but when I got home, there was nothing online with nutrition info. Grrr. I just made my best guess, based on calories and what the ingredients were. Still WAY better than Fridays!

I decided to compromise for my closet cleaning out. I got rid of the bigger t-shirts and the shapeless ones, as well as the pants/slacks that were nothing special. I used a plastic zippered bag (that we got our comforter in) to store the real nice pants, primarily the ones from Talbots, etc, that would be big big bucks to replace. But I am moving them out of my room and into oldest ds's room (who is away at college). I did discover a lot of cute cardigan sweaters at the bottom of the drawers, that if I can keep up this direction, I should be able to wear in Dec/Jan/Feb when it is cold here. They are SO cute! Really happy with the space in the closet and drawers. I guess its kind of sad I have all these sizes, but at least I have options as I am losing weight (will be optimistic it will continue!!)

Planning to head off to the Farmers market to grab some tomatoes. That's my favorite lunch-tomatoes with a little sea salt and balsamic vinegar.

Julia

Hello Everyone, hope the weekend has been good to you.

I went to the WW open house yesterday. It was okay. I was by myself, so felt a little odd. Only stayed a little while. I came right after the Success Sharing and people were leaving in pairs to do a scavenger hunt. I didn't have a pair, and didn't go. What I did do was take a picture of two items I liked and added to my Christmas list app. I've always had everyone else on the app, but not me. It keeps track of what you put on a list, what you buy, when its wrapped, etc. So, I decided this year to add myself, so when dh or mom want a list for me, I can have it ready. I liked the serving spoon set and the salad keeper. Any comments on these?

We went out to dinner last night (just dh and I) after dropping dd off at the first dance of the year. Planned to go to Fridays, and OMG, it was incredibly hard to find anything to eat! Their whole menu is a WWers nightmare. On the way there, dh suggested BJ's Brewhouse, which I gladly agreed to. Had a light beer (but probably points for a regular beer! LOL) and three "little" plates: watermelon and arugula salad, mozzarella and tomato and 3 won tons. Calories were on the menu, but when I got home, there was nothing online with nutrition info. Grrr. I just made my best guess, based on calories and what the ingredients were. Still WAY better than Fridays!

I decided to compromise for my closet cleaning out. I got rid of the bigger t-shirts and the shapeless ones, as well as the pants/slacks that were nothing special. I used a plastic zippered bag (that we got our comforter in) to store the real nice pants, primarily the ones from Talbots, etc, that would be big big bucks to replace. But I am moving them out of my room and into oldest ds's room (who is away at college). I did discover a lot of cute cardigan sweaters at the bottom of the drawers, that if I can keep up this direction, I should be able to wear in Dec/Jan/Feb when it is cold here. They are SO cute! Really happy with the space in the closet and drawers. I guess its kind of sad I have all these sizes, but at least I have options as I am losing weight (will be optimistic it will continue!!)

Planning to head off to the Farmers market to grab some tomatoes. That's my favorite lunch-tomatoes with a little sea salt and balsamic vinegar.

Julia

At Fridays I get the salmon with broccoli and a side salad or mixed veggies. I think that Red Robin is much worse for trying to find something edible.

My clothes are such a mess right now. I am being given lots of things by my two daughters, so I won't have to buy much. For that I am grateful. But I am overwhelmed. I have two giveway piles (one for the nice thrift shop my mom works for and one for a local thrift shop that doesn't demand perfect up-to-date clothes). One pile of future winter. One pile of this winter. One pile of definitely next summer. One pile of maybe next summer. And I have to keep in mind that I'll be packing for Disney in April before I'd be getting the summer clothes out here. Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

What a great week for you! Here's a hug from me too :hug:. Tell DH not to sweat it, or may be he literally should ;). Anyway, you are absolutely correct, water weight. There are many reasons why the scale "lies". He'll have a great weigh in next week for sure.

Thanks for the hug!

I just finished the coolrunnings C25K program, and now that DH has seen the struggles I went through with the interval, the number of weeks I had to repeat, but that I stuck with it and graduated on Friday, he wants to try it, too! I think that will really amplify his losses, and if he can have a *program* to do, he'll do it. We always book him hotels with gyms and/or pools for his work trips, but without a program he has a hard time getting to use them. I'm excited for him that he wants to do the C25K!

Just a PSA -- This weight loss effort is the first time I'm also keeping track of inches lost (thigh, arm, bust, waist, hips). I've got so far to go, I thought that measuring inches every couple of weeks might help.

I haven't changed any sizes, yet -- only 20.4 pounds down. However, I just measured (third time since starting in early August) and overall I'm down by 5.5 inches. It's a real encouragement to know that there are changes going on that I might not see.

I really recommend using the tracker (under Weight Tracker) -- it only takes a few minutes and it's inspiring.

congrats to you for doing that! I was too frightened to measure at the beginning.

Oh, and it took awhile for me at the beginning to start dropping sizes, too. You aren't alone!

At Fridays I get the salmon with broccoli and a side salad or mixed veggies. I think that Red Robin is much worse for trying to find something edible.

If you're willing to try, just doing a lettuce wrap on a burger lowers the points by a LOT. Some guys who work with DH have tried it, and they say the burger actually tastes better, because you're tasting the meat, not the huge bun. (we eat veggie burgers so that's not something we've really noticed...but the omnivores we know feel that way)

RR can be challenging because what the heck is a serving size of fries when it's bottomless? But other than that, their "customizer" on the website is really helpful (unless you're in AZ, it seems...the customizer actually says it's not valid there, and maybe another state or two).

But wowza, 2 oz of their ranch dressing is a HUGE number of points. I love the taste, but wow!

RR can be challenging because what the heck is a serving size of fries when it's bottomless? But other than that, their "customizer" on the website is really helpful (unless you're in AZ, it seems...the customizer actually says it's not valid there, and maybe another state or two).

But wowza, 2 oz of their ranch dressing is a HUGE number of points. I love the taste, but wow!

You can get a side salad instead of fries -- I don't remember, but I don't think there was an extra charge for it. The customizer is really helpful -- as long as you plan ahead and stick to your plan (hard to do when being tempted by the Banzai Burger!), you can stay within your points range.

My son likes Red Robin, so we do go there...I get a hamburger with the lettuce wrap and black beans. Points value isn't too bad.

We bought Papa Murphy's tonight and I am feeling I "cheated", which I really don't hear about in WWers lingo anymore. And I really didn't. I ended up using 4 points from my WPA-not too bad. That's the kind of concept I need to erase from my thoughts!

Julia

Hey everyone. I have just a few questions about the WW new program. I have heard mixed reviews regarding success on the new plan vs. the older program, what is everyone's experience with the new program?

I really need to get my weight in control but find I have a really hard time sticking to something very long without results. I'm not looking for an overnight fix, as I know that there is no such thing. I am also not new to weight loss as I lost just over 120 pounds back in 2002/2003, however sadly I now need re-lose about 60 of those pounds. Really need something to keep me motivated and on track!

Good morning, hope everyone had a great weekend. I was able to stay within my points so that's always a good weekend for me. One of my favorite WW friendly restaurants is Ruby Tuesdays. They have a ton of great options. I get the petite sirloin and either spaghetti squash or grilled zucchini as my side then the salad bar. I love. Going there cause I feel like I can eat out with the family and I actually enjoy my meal. You can sign up on their website for coupons too.

Crazy4Disney06 said:
Hey everyone. I have just a few questions about the WW new program. I have heard mixed reviews regarding success on the new plan vs. the older program, what is everyone's experience with the new program?

I really need to get my weight in control but find I have a really hard time sticking to something very long without results. I'm not looking for an overnight fix, as I know that there is no such thing. I am also not new to weight loss as I lost just over 120 pounds back in 2002/2003, however sadly I now need re-lose about 60 of those pounds. Really need something to keep me motivated and on track!

Hello, not sure what everyone else thinks but, I feel the new plan is just as successful as the old one. I joined October 2009 with old plan, new plan was introduced November 2010 and made lifetime October 2011. So, half on old and half on new. You really have to watch the "free" fruit that would be my main suggestion.

If you're willing to try, just doing a lettuce wrap on a burger lowers the points by a LOT. Some guys who work with DH have tried it, and they say the burger actually tastes better, because you're tasting the meat, not the huge bun. (we eat veggie burgers so that's not something we've really noticed...but the omnivores we know feel that way)

I did that with the cheesesteak. I ended up with tons of lettuce and very little cheesesteak. There was no way that the amount of meat on there was equal to what would have been in a roll. Even my companions were shocked. That said, maybe I should try the burger that way. A burger is a burger, right? Fixed size and shape so it would be pretty hard for them to skimp on that. Instead of the endless fries, I opted for cooked carrots. But I was so disappointed that we haven't been back since. Dh likes to eat out on Mondays so he started wanting to know last night where I wanted go. I don't want to go anywhere, but that's beside the point. So I foresee us at Red Lobster for lunch.

I can't compare the two programs because I just joined in March. But I have to say that this program is not the bondage I always perceived WW to be. It is working for me and I am finding it fairly easy.

I think you are to be commended for the 120 you lost and for jumping on the 60 you've gained back. And that it was only 60 gained back and not the whole 120. Every time I have lost weight in the past, I gained it back plus some more before I tried to lost it again. Once I reached over 200 lbs, I just gave up trying to lose weight until this year when I joined WW at 257. I have promised myself that I am going to make it to lifetime and I am not going to let those pounds come back this time, not even a few extras.

Going to the meetings does help to keep me motivated, as does having family members who are also doing WW. I could not do this alone, I am sure of that.

I've done it twice before on the old plan -- this is the first on the new Points Plus. I've been doing it since early August and have lost 20 pounds.

Now, age is a difference -- I am losing somewhat slower than I remember losing under the previous plan.

However, I find that the flexibility is much more, and I find myself being able to choose "real" food instead of the fat-free icky stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter