weekdays vs weekends in magic kingdom? first timer

LHM2001

Earning My Ears
how much busier are weekends vs weekdays in january in disneyworld? I'm tryign to figure out our days and not sure which parks I should plan for during the week and which ones on the weekend? we are leaving in only a few days!!!!!!!

how much busier are weekends vs weekdays in january in disneyworld? I'm tryign to figure out our days and not sure which parks I should plan for during the week and which ones on the weekend? we are leaving in only a few days!!!!!!!

My investigations have led me to the conclusion that Saturdays and Mondays are GENERALLY the worst day for MK.

Thats all I know, and its a generalization.

I've done 25 WDW vacations, 10 of which have been in January.

I avoid MK on the weekends. Even during slow times I have found MK to be more crowded on the weekends. I usually go to MK Tuesday through Thursday on a non evening EMH day.

I would check your park hours guide when you arrive. If MK has evening EMH, I would avoid going to MK as those evening Extra Magic Hours draw bigger crowds even during January.

Even in the slowest times, MK is busier on the weekends.

I personally will save Epcot for the weekend of my trip, as that park is the most spread out, it feels the least crowded when it is.

As PP's have said, Mondays is usually a crowded day for MK, Tuesday and Wednesday are usually the best!

Have a magical trip! :thumbsup2

Go over to easywdw.com RIGHT NOW and have a look at his park recommendations for each day of the week that you will be there. Read his explanations for each day. Worth his weight in gold is Josh.

1st off :welcome: to the disboards..

2ndly I too would check out all the Crowd caledar sites out there & get a general idea from them all...W/out looking though I would also have to say that MK on a Saturday is a no-no...

I would definitely recommend Weekdays. I believe Tues-Thurs would be best for MK traffic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter