• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Week long cruises, do you do laundry?

We never do laundry. We (usually only 2 of are cruising) usually bring enough undergarments to get thru the week and for the rest of the clothes we mix and match. We plan what our Pirate night, semi formal and formal night outfits are (usually the pants for Pirate night are used for formal night), then we bring 3/4 pairs of shorts and about 3 pairs of capris. If we go to WDW after the cruise, then once I am in my villa (i'm a DVC member) I will do a load of whites and that's it.

Reactions: TAK
Thanks for posting the laundry ticket. I was going to dry clean DH's suit, but I may just wait until we are on the ship so it's wrinkle free. That would make life and packing a little easier.

I have not taken my cruise yet, But I am spending first day of my vacation at
Disney, then head to CC for cruise depart on Saturday... I will be heading back to Disney for
3 days after cruise....so I will make sure all is clean and do my washing in the resort!
I have this weird OCD thing, I cannot pack dirty clothes! No plans to do it on the ship thou

We take pop up hampers and stash them in a closet in each stateroom. But if you take a couple minutes once a day to roll up the clothes (after they've aired out) in a suitcase that's stashed under the bed, it makes packing the night before disembarkation so much easier since most clothing is already packed. (Of course, I don't do this with dress clothes or anything wet - just normal casual clothing.) And if you keep them separated roughly by whites, colors, darks, it makes laundry at home very easy, too. We change clothes a fair amount during our day (morning, after swimming if applicable, and before dinner) so our dirty clothes aren't particularly smelly especially in a closed suitcase.

Just a personal preference, but I'd much rather do laundry for free in the comfort of my own home than in a busy laundry room - especially if it means missing out on balcony time or some fun activity on the ship. I can knock out all the laundry the day I get back while I'm packing away all of our travel things. We do drive so that makes a difference, I suppose. We have probably five suitcases for six people. But since a lot of that is costumes, shoes, formalwear, toiletries, "stuff", etc., I don't thinking doing laundry would cut down much on the number of suitcases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter