Week at Walt Disney World? More Like Weekend at Bernie's: A July '12 TR COMPLETE 5/23

Get going on those updates, woman!!! Come on and DO IT!!!!!! I'm not really into the Olympics, but I am into the Spice Girls and the teeny tiny swimsuits the male swimmers wore, so I understand the hiatus. But now I want some updates. I need to know what cupcakes you ate, if you slept in Disney, how many times did you ROTCOMS, etc.

Totally understandable!
Just when we thought the Olympics couldn't get better... they bring in the freakin Spice Girls!
I am having a total Spice Girls situation right now thanks to that performance. I've had their music playing nonstop for days. :thumbsup2
I completely understand your Olympic-induced absence. I was so made when I realized I missed rhythmic gymnastics that I literally cried. But then the next night I had a dream that Michael Phelps was living on my couch, so it was all good. :)

I can't wait for your updates to resume!
That's how I would have felt if I missed the race walking. I set alarms on my phone to make sure I didn't. As I said, I really do have an Olympics problem. :rotfl:

A dream that Michael Phelps was living on your couch? Nice. :thumbsup2
Love this!!!! My favorite line? It's a toss up between NBC being condescending & xenophobic and 'thanks to "Ryan Seacrest Reads Celebrity Tweets" ensures they have no chance at a medal.'

Thanks for the Olympic themed giggle!
It was my pleasure. :goodvibes
I'm so glad to finally see that someone else cries while watching the Olympics! I always would start crying when an American (or really anyone) would get their medal while having the national anthem play in the background. I just can't help but think of how proud they must be and how cool it is to win something so huge. I'm such a sap!
Looking forward to your next update!
Same. I cried when people from other countries got their medals too. Except for that guy who won Steeplechase because he was on trial for stabbing someone. I don't understand how he was even allowed to compete.
Get going on those updates, woman!!! Come on and DO IT!!!!!! I'm not really into the Olympics, but I am into the Spice Girls and the teeny tiny swimsuits the male swimmers wore, so I understand the hiatus. But now I want some updates. I need to know what cupcakes you ate, if you slept in Disney, how many times did you ROTCOMS, etc.
Lucky for you, I'm just about to post the next update. There's no ROTCOMS...Yet.

JULY 6TH PART THREE: If You Can't Dance To This You Can't Do Nothing For Me, Baby

That title has absolutely nothing to do with the actual content of this update. I just didn't know what to title it and I'm listening to the Spice Girls right now.

Deal with it. ;)

After Mom and Katie had a run-in with the Yeti, we headed over to Dinoland to visit with some more large-toothed creatures, this time of the prehistoric variety. We’re a family that likes to press our luck.

DSCN5331.jpg

During the walk over there, I started to feel anxious, which, to be honest, I was kind of expecting. The first day at WDW has been known to get a bit rough for me. I’m a super anxious person by nature. Mix that with the excitement and sudden adrenaline rush of being at my favorite place in the entire world and you can stick me with the baking soda volcanos at the science fair ‘cause I’m about to blow up.

My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest, so I stayed back with Mom while Dad and Katie rode Primeval Whirl. Of course, watching them have fun on one of my top favorite rides only made me feel worse. I wanted to be there with them laughing my head off like I always do (there’s just something about all that spinning) but instead I was standing on the sidelines thanks to my anxiety. For the most part, I’ve come to accept that anxiety is a part of who I am and I just have to deal with that, but it still really sucks when it keeps me from doing things I love.

I figured getting out of the sun and taking some time to just chill out would be a good idea, so I suggested we go get lunch. Dad and Katie hung back to ride Dinosaur (which bummed me out even more because it’s another one of my top faves) while Mom and I headed to our usual Animal Kingdom lunch spot, Pizzafari, to order some grub for everyone.

Of course, right as we approached the restaurant, I went into full-on meltdown mode. SIGH. I remember repeating “I want to go home! I don’t want to be here anymore. Just take me home!” to my mother.

Clearly I wasn’t in my right mind.

Begging to leave Disney World? Only a person mid-panic attack would say such things.

Mom pulled me over to a bench and let me cry/vent/rant about how much I hate my anxiety/whine about how tired I was/complain about how stupid that one woman on House Hunters was the night before/etc. After letting it all out, I started to feel a lot better. In venting, I realized that I was still carrying a lot of grief and sadness over what happened during our July 2011 trip with my dog passing away suddenly and everything. Deep down, I was terrified something horrible would happen during our trip again. On that random bench outside of Pizzafari, I realized that it was time for me to let all of that residual fear and sadness go.

So that’s what I did. I told myself “Kara, you’re at Disney World. There are people trying to sell Vacation Club memberships like 20 feet away from you. You love laughing at how there’s a DVC kiosk at every turn yet they still advertise it as ‘Disney’s best kept secret’. Turn your brain off, go eat lunch, and have some fun. HAKUNA MATATA, YO.”

It turns out I’m quite the talented internal motivational speaker.

We went in and got our food. I took pictures, but I’m not posting them because they’re terrible. Google "pizza" and "chicken caesar salad" if you’re a Martian who has never heard of these things. Also, if you are a Martian, could you please help Spirit and Opportunity find their way to Curiosity so they can form a cute little rover family? Thanks.

Dad and Katie joined us shortly after (my nemesis, Dr. “I’m going to yell at you even though I’m the one who’s actually controlling this Time Rover” Seeker managed to get them home) and we all plowed through our meals. DISNEY FOOD! PAPER STRAWS! THE BLANK NAPKINS THAT CAUSED WEEKS OF INTERNET OUTRAGE! It was glorious.

After lunch, we split up again. Dad and Katie went back to Everest. Mom and I went to Camp Minnie Mickey.

DSCN5338.jpg

DSCN5339.jpg

There have been all sorts of rumors that this part of the park will be closing sooner rather than later to make room for Avatarland or Pandoraland or Land of the People Whose Skin is the Same Color as a Blue-Raspberry Slush or whatever we’re calling it. True or not, we wanted to make sure we got in some quality time with Camp Counselor Mickey Mouse before the poor guy loses yet another property to rezoning.

Of course, when we got back there, the line for Mickey was RIDICULOUS and Mom and I were both, like, “Heck no!” So we got in the far shorter line to meet Baloo and King Louie.

Meeting characters is fun and all, but I think the best part of the whole M&G experience is watching other kids interact with them. A little boy who was there on his Make-A-Wish trip was right before us and it was absolutely adorable. He was fascinated by Baloo and King Louie’s fur. The little boy was in a stroller, so they got down on his level and let him pet to his heart’s content. He had a HUGE smile on his face and it was definitely one of those “this is what Disney’s all about” moments.

When it was my turn, I prayed that my eyes weren’t all ugly, post-cry bloodshot (because I got a little watery watching that kid) and went up for some serious hug action. The kid had the right idea because Baloo is super soft. Clearly, instead of hunting real animals for their pelts, we should all just start breaking into the Disney costume department to get the good stuff. I will take three Baloo blankets and a Tigger rug, please.

Here’s the picture:
DSCN5340.jpg

Baloo and I were looking at the wrong camera and my glasses are giving off a weird glare thing, but that’s cool.

After the M&G, I checked the time and saw that there were only a few minutes until the next Festival of the Lion King show, so we decided to head over and see if they were still letting people in. Which they were. We were actually some of the very last people in. They squeezed us into the Warthog section and just a few seconds after we sat down, *ominous voice* IT. WAS. TIME.

Festival of the Lion King is BY FAR my favorite show in WDW. Heck, it’s probably my favorite show anywhere. I don’t need Broadway, I just need someone to tell me to clap my paws, stomp my hooves, and ruffle my feathers while “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” plays in the background and I’m good. Really.

Plus, making ridiculous animal sounds is ALWAYS fun. And watching other people embarrass themselves by making ridiculous animal sounds in front of everyone is ALWAYS fun x2. The “warthog” selected from our section was HILARIOUS. I can’t do the guy justice in print, so I’m not even gonna try. I just wish I had my camera on when he was doing his bit because I was dying. BRAVO, RANDOM MAN! YOUR WARTHOG WAS AMAZING.

Also, am I the only one who cries during the “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” sing along? I don’t know why I’m so attached to that part, but it gives me the warm fuzzies, and as I belt out “the hard part” with a dumb smile on my face, it’s inevitable that a few tears fall. I am such a sap.

Here are a few (not great) pictures from the show:
DSCN5344.jpg

DSCN5346.jpg

DSCN5349.jpg

Just ignore the back of that guy’s head :thumbsup2

After the show, we decided it was time to head back to the hotel. I was exhausted after barely sleeping the night before and I really needed a nap. We texted Dad and Katie to see what they were up to, and it turned out they were also ready to head back, so we made plans to meet up at the bus stop.

I was in a really good, half-delirious-due-to-exhaustion mood, so I spent a good chunk of the walk singing and dancing to songs from the show. IN THE CIRCLE. IN THE CIRCLE. IN THE CIRCLE. THE GREAT BIG CIRCLE OF LIFE. :cool1:

Mom did this:
DSCN5350.jpg

She’s definitely my mother.

When we got to the bus stop, there was a Brazilian Tour Group waiting and I’m quite certain the fam and I all had the same “OH DEAR GOD NO” look on our faces. At Animal Kingdom, POFQ shares buses with Riverside, so we all hoped they were staying there instead. And they were. Thankfully. There was a dance team later in the week, but that was the only big group we saw at French Quarter.

This tour group filled up an entire bus, so we had to wait a bit, but, hey, we were on vacation. There’s no sense in fretting about how long (or not long) the buses take. Unless you’ve been standing out there for like three hours. Then you have my “fret away” approval. Plus, the hotter and sweatier you are, the more sweet it is to kick back in your purple or orange seat when the bus finally does arrive.

Also, you can just think of it as Bus Voice Guy playing hard to get. That’s how I like to think about it at least.

OH YOU HAD ME AT THE TITLE. You can probably tell I'm going through extreme Spice Girls obsession right now. I have cried over them more than once this week. I admit it. Now we've got the flavor, the bad behavior.... Sigh. I'm just really upset that it's not 1997.

I'm so sorry about your anxiety attack! Unfortunately, I know what it feels like to let real life stuff at Disney get to you so I definitely feel for you. That must have been so rough, especially on Day 1. I'm proud of you for talking yourself out of it though. That's really awesome.

Awwwwwwww the make a wish kid. Yeah, instant waterworks.

YOUR PICTURE WITH BALOO AND KING LOUIE IS SO AWESOME. I am cracking up at Louie's pose. It's very "WOOOOHOOOO HEEEEEEEEY". And then Baloo is just distracted.

Don't tell New York City I said this, but FOTLK is better than some Broadway shows. Especially The Lion King. I'm not kidding. Broadway would be better if there were more acrobatic monkeys is what I'm saying. And you're not the only one who cries during The Lion Sleeps Tonight, but then again I cry during the entire show pretty much. Especially the Circle of Life and Can You Feel The Love Tonight and by the wrap up at the end, oh forget it. I'm like inconsolable at that point.

Cheers to your mom. She seems flawless.

o m g I DO NOT LIKE IT when Bus Voice Guy plays hard to get. We need to get our wedding happening already. I want to be Mrs. Bus Voice Guy so badly.

Loving your TR thanks for sharing.

I loved, loved, loved POFQ and I hope u loved it too.

Also, I am obsessed with Mickey rice krispie treats (just look at my pic!)

Can't wait for more!

Lisa

I have to say this is one entertaining TR. You are one talented writer and a hilarious young lady! Reading it is making my day - thanks!

Good for you, girl. Kick that anxiety's booty.

Blank napkins? Internet outrage? Did I miss something? :confused3 Hahah I don't know what any of this means.

That is the cutest thing I've heard in a while... that little boy sounds precious! I love when the characters play along as well, and aren't all "ugh, when's my cookie break?" So precious.

Amen to everything you just said about FOTLK. AAAAAAMEN. And yes. I ALWAYS cry during 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' AND the 'Celebration Finale' AND 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' AND the entire show.

HAHAHA your mom. (That sounded like an insult. It wasn't meant that way.)

Oh man, I love the Spice Girls. I love it EVERY SINGLE TIME they reunite. I was so mad at them when they went on tour a few years back and they skipped my state. No fair. Then they were on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and they released a greatest hits or whatever cd and even though I had all the songs, I still had to get it. And now the Olympics. Seriously. Thank you, Spice Girls. Please keep doing this all the time. It makes me so happy.

So sorry about your anxiety in Disney. I do love your self-talk though and I am so happy that it helped!! :hug: I sincerely hope it was better the rest of the trip.

*sigh* Make-A-Wish kids. I love seeing them around the parks. One time I saw a little Make-A-Wish girl and her family coming off Kali River Rapids and they sat on the bench next to me and she and her siblings told me all their favorite parts of Disney and I just loved hearing it from them and how much they loved it! So magical. pixiedust:

I'm following along! Your trip reports crack me up:)
YAY THANKS!! :goodvibes
OH YOU HAD ME AT THE TITLE. You can probably tell I'm going through extreme Spice Girls obsession right now. I have cried over them more than once this week. I admit it. Now we've got the flavor, the bad behavior.... Sigh. I'm just really upset that it's not 1997.

I'm so sorry about your anxiety attack! Unfortunately, I know what it feels like to let real life stuff at Disney get to you so I definitely feel for you. That must have been so rough, especially on Day 1. I'm proud of you for talking yourself out of it though. That's really awesome.

Awwwwwwww the make a wish kid. Yeah, instant waterworks.

YOUR PICTURE WITH BALOO AND KING LOUIE IS SO AWESOME. I am cracking up at Louie's pose. It's very "WOOOOHOOOO HEEEEEEEEY". And then Baloo is just distracted.

Don't tell New York City I said this, but FOTLK is better than some Broadway shows. Especially The Lion King. I'm not kidding. Broadway would be better if there were more acrobatic monkeys is what I'm saying. And you're not the only one who cries during The Lion Sleeps Tonight, but then again I cry during the entire show pretty much. Especially the Circle of Life and Can You Feel The Love Tonight and by the wrap up at the end, oh forget it. I'm like inconsolable at that point.

Cheers to your mom. She seems flawless.

o m g I DO NOT LIKE IT when Bus Voice Guy plays hard to get. We need to get our wedding happening already. I want to be Mrs. Bus Voice Guy so badly.
I totally understand. 1997 was good times.

The anxiety sucked, but I'm happy to report that it was the only real anxiety I had all trip. I didn't realize that until we were home and then I was like irrationally proud of myself for days. It was just so nice to have a "normal" trip again without all of my mental issues getting in the way.

Life, in general, needs more acrobatic monkeys. :thumbsup2

I told my mother I plan to have Bus Voice Guy officiate my wedding someday. She didn't seem to think I was being serious. Boy, is she in for a surprise...
Did you know? That apparently Disney hires former Olympians for the Tumble Monkeys?

It's like your worlds just collided!

Seriously, I'm not making this up: http://www.disneyeveryday.com/disne...-tumble-monkey-is-an-olympic-bronze-medalist/
That's so cool! An Olympian AND a Tumble Monkey...That's a pretty good life. :)
Loving your TR thanks for sharing.

I loved, loved, loved POFQ and I hope u loved it too.

Also, I am obsessed with Mickey rice krispie treats (just look at my pic!)

Can't wait for more!

Lisa
Thank you, fellow Mickey Rice Krispy Treats obsessor. ;)

I definitely loved POFQ. I can't wait to stay there again someday! It's a great resort.
I have to say this is one entertaining TR. You are one talented writer and a hilarious young lady! Reading it is making my day - thanks!
Thank you! I'm glad I could make your day! :goodvibes

I'm reading along! Love your writing style. Looking forward to more:cool1:
Thank you! :upsidedow
Good for you, girl. Kick that anxiety's booty.

Blank napkins? Internet outrage? Did I miss something? :confused3 Hahah I don't know what any of this means.

That is the cutest thing I've heard in a while... that little boy sounds precious! I love when the characters play along as well, and aren't all "ugh, when's my cookie break?" So precious.

Amen to everything you just said about FOTLK. AAAAAAMEN. And yes. I ALWAYS cry during 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' AND the 'Celebration Finale' AND 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' AND the entire show.

HAHAHA your mom. (That sounded like an insult. It wasn't meant that way.)
Yeah, the napkins at QS places are just plain brown now. They used to have "Disney Parks" printed on them. People freaked out because I guess printed napkins make or break their trips or something IDK. I mean, the printed napkins were cute, but I don't see it as the huge loss others do. :confused3

Me too. It's gotta be weird to have a kid pawing at you, but Baloo and King Louie were so kind and gentle with him. It was sweet.

I laughed way too hard at the "your mom". And I totally got that it wasn't an insult because I say the same thing all the time. Well, I switch "mom" out with whoever I'm talking about but you get the gist. ;)
Oh man, I love the Spice Girls. I love it EVERY SINGLE TIME they reunite. I was so mad at them when they went on tour a few years back and they skipped my state. No fair. Then they were on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and they released a greatest hits or whatever cd and even though I had all the songs, I still had to get it. And now the Olympics. Seriously. Thank you, Spice Girls. Please keep doing this all the time. It makes me so happy.

So sorry about your anxiety in Disney. I do love your self-talk though and I am so happy that it helped!! :hug: I sincerely hope it was better the rest of the trip.

*sigh* Make-A-Wish kids. I love seeing them around the parks. One time I saw a little Make-A-Wish girl and her family coming off Kali River Rapids and they sat on the bench next to me and she and her siblings told me all their favorite parts of Disney and I just loved hearing it from them and how much they loved it! So magical. pixiedust:
Agreed. I don't necessarily need them to go back to being the Spice Girls full-time because these little reunions are enough for me. Though I certainly wouldn't mind if they did another big reunion tour and came to Ohio this time... ;)

It was a lot better the rest of the trip. I didn't have any anxiety problems at all. Thank goodness.

That is sooo sweet. Disney really goes all out for those kids and it's so nice to see. They definitely deserve it.

Firstly ahhhh The Spice Girls. My cousin and I got to see their reunion tour show when we were travelling through Europe a few years back.
Everyone was up dancing in the isles, all these 20 somethings who were all reminiscing at once. Twas amazing!!

I'm sorry about your anxiety :hug: Never a fun thing to go through, especially at Disney. Your self talk was amazing though.
HAKUNA MATATA, YO.
should probably be on a shirt.

Ahhh I can't believe FOTLK may be shutting, even if it is just temporarily. It's still quite devastating!

Your mum is too precious!

Yeah, the napkins at QS places are just plain brown now. They used to have "Disney Parks" printed on them. People freaked out because I guess printed napkins make or break their trips or something IDK. I mean, the printed napkins were cute, but I don't see it as the huge loss others do. :confused3

OH. Hahah okay. Thank you for enlightening me. And now that you mention it, I remember that it totally ruined my trip. I might need to call Disney and complain. Maybe I can get a free trip out of the deal. :thumbsup2

I am so sorry about your anxiety attack. I totally know how that feels and it is not fun at all! :hug:

I really don't want them to take away Camp Minnie Mickey. I love that area!

I love seeing kids interact with characters. It is seriously the most adorable thing ever!

FOLTK is such a beautiful show! Love it so much.

Firstly ahhhh The Spice Girls. My cousin and I got to see their reunion tour show when we were travelling through Europe a few years back.
Everyone was up dancing in the isles, all these 20 somethings who were all reminiscing at once. Twas amazing!!

I'm sorry about your anxiety :hug: Never a fun thing to go through, especially at Disney. Your self talk was amazing though. should probably be on a shirt.

Ahhh I can't believe FOTLK may be shutting, even if it is just temporarily. It's still quite devastating!

Your mum is too precious!
That sounds amazing! I'm so jealous. The Spice Girls are the best.

Thanks! I'll work on those HAKUNA MATATA, YO shirts. :thumbsup2

I know! I can't imagine why they wouldn't build the new theater or whatever before tearing down the old one so they could avoid having to shut it down, but I guess that's why I'm not in charge of a theme park. :rotfl:
OH. Hahah okay. Thank you for enlightening me. And now that you mention it, I remember that it totally ruined my trip. I might need to call Disney and complain. Maybe I can get a free trip out of the deal. :thumbsup2
:lmao: Get that free trip, girl!
I am so sorry about your anxiety attack. I totally know how that feels and it is not fun at all! :hug:

I really don't want them to take away Camp Minnie Mickey. I love that area!

I love seeing kids interact with characters. It is seriously the most adorable thing ever!

FOLTK is such a beautiful show! Love it so much.
Thanks! :goodvibes

I know! I'm gonna miss Camp Minnie Mickey. I like its area music loop a lot. It's really relaxing.

JULY 6TH PART FOUR: In the Southland, There's A City...
Once back at French Quarter, it was finally time for us to see our room!

We were in room 2103. It was in a great location. We were on the first floor and were the third room from the end of the building that was closest to the lobby/food court/bus stop. Hooray for minimal walking!

This is the view from right outside our door:

So pretty. The parking lot was straight ahead, just beyond Building 3, so hauling all of our stuff in from the car wasn’t bad. I mean, it was still no fun at all because my arms are about as effective as the random-branch-you-pick-off-the-ground arms you give a snowman, but it wasn’t quite as painful as it could have been/has been at other hotels.

In the ‘Hauling the Stuff’ hullabaloo, I totally forgot to take pictures of the room. Thankfully, Dad took some later in the week. Just ignore the junk everywhere. By the end of the trip, we were about three dead cats shy of an episode of Hoarders.

Or imagine that it’s your own junk. I have a feeling we’re not the only family who covers every available surface with our stuff.

So, here’s the room:

This was taken from right in front of the window. The door is just off to the right.

Here’s the room from another angle:

I really love the pattern on the bedding. It’s not terribly busy which is nice. Plus, I’m a big dark purple fan.

Here’s a better shot of the table and chairs/mirror/dresser/tv/coffee maker/mousekeeping towel creations/etc:

At the far end of the photo, you can kind of make out a shelf with hooks perfect for setting/hanging junk on and a bench perfect for piling junk on. Clearly this room was designed with my junk-piling family in mind.

A close-up of the artwork:

I think it’s pretty. I’m assuming there are Hidden Mickeys in it because this is Disney World and there are Hidden Mickeys in everything, but I never really looked close enough to find out.

And here’s one last shot of the room, this time looking back toward the door:

I quite enjoy the swirly vine pattern on the carpet. It’s whimsical without being too obnoxious.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of the bathroom/sink/closet area, but it was also nice. The tile floor was super pretty. And I liked the shower curtain a lot. If it had been for sale, I probably would’ve brought one home with me.

Overall, we were really happy with the room. Everything worked properly. The beds were comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was fine. We never had a problem with noise or anything like that. It was a great place to spend seven nights. :)

Once the car was emptied out, Dad and Katie headed immediately to the pool. I collapsed onto a bed and turned Stacey on.

Because that is what you must do whenever you return back to your WDW hotel room.

Nothing is more important than Queen Stacey.

Nothing.

After smiling, laughing, and quoting my way through a few loops, Mom dragged me away to go get some iced tea.

Truthfully, I went voluntarily. But I think it’s more fun to imagine Mom trying to pull me away as I clutch the TV for dear life yelling “I’ll never let go, Jack!” which I know is a line from Titanic, but I haven’t actually seen Titanic, so it would just be me quoting other people who quote Titanic all the time. The mental image is almost as funny as it is complicated.

Anyway, we walked over to Sassagoula Floatworks so Mom could get her iced tea. I also picked up my first Mickey Rice Krispy Treat of the trip.

Just look at this beauty (but don’t look too long because I wouldn’t want you to salivate all over your computer):

Food of the gods.

Also, Sassagoula Floatworks has Hi-C fruit punch on tap. This is probably the top reason why I fell in love with POFQ. I am an on-tap fruit punch junkie. Something about it being on tap makes it even more delicious than fruit punch in a bottle. Anytime I see it at restaurants and stuff, I have to have it. No ifs, ands, or buts, I am getting the on-tap fruit punch. I had to have had gallons of the stuff while we were there (which probably permanently dyed my stomach bright red), so thank god for refillable mugs.

Mom and I brought our snacks back to the room and I started to unpack a bit while eating. I hate living out of a suitcase, so completely unpacking is a must. After that, I finally took the nap I so desperately needed. For as much as there’s no sleeping in Disney, man, do I get some good sleep while there. I’m usually the kind of person who rolls around in bed for hours because I can’t shut my brain off, but, at Disney, I’m out like a light. It’s nice.

A few hours later, Mom woke me up and the whole family headed back to Sassagoula Floatworks for dinner. Of course, I documented the five second journey.

I love the tiled street signs that can be found throughout the resort. I also love a good root vegetable joke.

I only managed to document half of our dinner. Mom and Katie ordered a fish dish which took longer to prepare, so Dad and I started eating without them. Was it rude? Probably. I imagine Countess LuAnn would be very disappointed. She’d shame me with a condescending “daaarling” I’m sure. But can you really blame us? We didn’t want our food to get cold!

Dad had the ribs and I had the pot roast. It was delicious. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting much out of quick service pot roast, but it was good. Everyone else really liked their food too.

And so ends my dining review.

I’m sorry it’s not more thorough, I’m just terrible at describing food with terms that aren’t “I liked it” or “It was gross” which, when you think about it, is really weird because I watch A LOT of Top Chef.

Oh, wait, I should add that we ate dinner right beneath this guy and his little, um, friend stick.

It added to the ambiance which enhanced the flavor or something. IDK. That sounded smart, right?

No?

Ok, I’ll just shut up now.

Great update- I laughed, I cried, I salivated over some Disney food..

And I noticed that you posted after 1 AM, which to my 32 year old self is the middle of the night, which further highlights your point about rolling around in bed for hours trying to get your brain to shut off...

Loved- Quoting Titanic, well actually quoting people who quote Titanic
Arms as useless as random branches that you find on the ground and give to snowmen as arms... ha, that certainly painted a vivid picture!
The piling on of surfaces... yup, we're that family, too!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

OMG what a great view to walk out onto in the morning. I tried to book POFQ for October but if you wanted the Free Dining deal it was sold out. Le sigh... next time.

The rooms are so nice. I love how it opens up to the bathroom like that. And YUM @ that cake sitting on your table! However, I don't see Stacey on the TV!!!! :O

Once the car was emptied out, Dad and Katie headed immediately to the pool. I collapsed onto a bed and turned Stacey on.
Because that is what you must do whenever you return back to your WDW hotel room.
Nothing is more important than Queen Stacey.
Nothing.

Applause. Thank you!

Oh God, you've never seen Titanic. One of my life's great obsessions. I love every second of that movie and every costume and set piece and actor and ATOM of that entire production. I can't even. I've watched it like 6 times this year alone and I still SOB UNCONTROLLABLY (like gasping for air) every single time and think about it like all the next day. After watching it over and over all these years it never gets old! OK I'm gonna stop now LOL but you should really watch it one of these days.

HAHAAHAHA @ your stomach permanently being dyed red. I used to always have to get Orange Hi-C at McDonald's cause I thought it was so cool that they had it on tap, so mine is probably orange.

Root vegetable jokes > fart jokes

Oh LuAnn. Forever bringing the lols with her horror at anyone who isn't 100% proper. She'd drop dead at the sight of me tbh.

Um... that's a creepy... stick friend. And I know my stick friends. Stick Stickly is awesome. That stick.. not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter