Week at Walt Disney World? More Like Weekend at Bernie's: A July '12 TR COMPLETE 5/23

I never got to say goodbye to Monorail Voice guy either. It’s so sad. It really is. Thank God he is still on the awesome Disney buses (aka the awesome Disney motorcoaches) but now we will have to listen to the Other Guy (the non-awesome Monorail Voice Guy). Gives me chills just thinking about it.

I am in love with the theming of the Animal Kingdom. I wish my house was decorated like Asia. They really should have Disney furniture stores so I can decorate my house like Disney. That would be lovely.

Oh, wow, Animal Kingdom! Boy, was I wrong. Well, I gotta agree, AK is definitely a good second choice for first park (that was my first park on my most recent trip). Stacey really went all crazy there with her little quotes. "There doesn't seem to be any track!" I absolutely love that one. Every time I think of that ride or go on it, I always think of her. Stacey and Disney are like Cookies and Cream, awesome separate but even better together! ::yes::

I'm so sad about monorail voice guy too. Whenever I hear his shpiel on the buses or on the monorail, I get all nostalgic and giddy. He was part of the Disney package and now... he is gone! :P But whatever, at least they didn't change the guy who says, "Please stand clear of the doors! Por Favor Mantenganse Alejado De Las Puertas!"

LOL @ your trouble with the biometric scanners! I swear I have the same problem with just about everything. YAY FOR AWKWARDNESS! But I'm sorta glad you don't have to stick your finger on those EVERY time you come into a park. Totally wouldn't work out. :sad2:

Love the Discovery Island gift shops and their little details! Disney can do no wrong on that part in my book. This goes for Asia and their gift shops as well, it looks so authentic when you turn to actual pictures of where they were trying to set the park in. Again, Disney can do no wrong! I also gotta agree, that nice splash of yellow on the tree is a nice touch.

Excited to hear about what you are going to do next in DAK! :mickeyjum
Yeah, it's impossible to think about/see Everest without also thinking of Queen Stacey. She's become part of the Disney experience.

That's very true. If they ever change the "Por Favor Mantengase..." guy, people will riot. :rotfl:

It does seem very authentic. I hope to visit the real Africa and Asia someday, but, until then, Disney will do. :thumbsup2
LOL the title. Oh you.

We're Magic Kingdom or die too but I have been - gasp - contemplating starting with another park next time. I think it will feel super weird.

Oh girl. I always cry over the bus and monorail (RIP) spiels. I mean, how could you not? That heavenly sound. "It's all waiting for you today at The Magic Kingdom."

OMG that yellow tree is so pretty! I don't remember noticing it before, but I've probably just forgotten. And I'm relieved you didn't get hit by any falling fake tree debris. Sheesh.

Wait. Wait. They have dill pickle flavored popcorn over at DL? Oh God help me I'm packing my bag right now.

That is definitely one of my favorite shops in Disney. Overall, Asia is just ridic. I'm obsessed with the theming too.
It did feel a little strange, but it wasn't as weird as I feared it might be. Plus we went to MK in the evening, so we still got it in on the first day. :thumbsup2

I get chills when the Mickey Mouse Club March kicks in as you pull into MK. It's just so perfect! :cloud9:

Yep, from what I've read, they sell specialty flavored popcorn at the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land. I've seen Dill Pickle and Bacon&Cheddar flavors mentioned. Just another reason why I've got to get my behind to Disneyland sooner rather than later.

Asia IS just ridic. I still can't get over how well-themed the Maharajah Jungle Trek is. It's crazy pretty back there. I think I took more pictures of the scenery than the actual animals. :laughing:
I never got to say goodbye to Monorail Voice guy either. It’s so sad. It really is. Thank God he is still on the awesome Disney buses (aka the awesome Disney motorcoaches) but now we will have to listen to the Other Guy (the non-awesome Monorail Voice Guy). Gives me chills just thinking about it.

I am in love with the theming of the Animal Kingdom. I wish my house was decorated like Asia. They really should have Disney furniture stores so I can decorate my house like Disney. That would be lovely.
I'm already preparing myself for the day when we find out Disney has replaced him on the buses too. I just know it's gonna happen and it will be horrible.

Totally. I feel like some of the stuff in the hotel rooms is for sale, but a park-based home decor line would be WONDERFUL.

Any time you hear (ex monorail current bus) VOICE ANNOUNCER GUY, AND see the beauty that is Joshua Dallas aka Prince Charming aka James aka David is a GOOD freakin' day. Add on top of that the fact that you just arrived in Disney and you're set for life. (Or, you're set for however long it is that you're on the bus.)

I'm loving all of these DAK scenery pictures. That place is brilliant and I'm in love with it.

I have to laugh at the people on Everest who are raising their arms on their way up the hill... such daredevils they are. :rolleyes:

Hahaha I love your chapter title... or rant haha just kidding :goodvibes

Ahhh Stacey... even my brother loved her from the age of nine, even though my mom made fun of him for it. Who can't love Stacey?! :rotfl2:

I'm here! I am so excited for this report! I can't believe I missed that you started it!

HAHA I have to agree about Dr. Seeker...he makes very selfish decisions. Shame on him.

I too enjoy the hotdog eating contest, although watching them dip the buns in water does make me gag a little.

I love POFQ! My mom and I were in building one when we stayed there! Our room was literally as far from the main building as you could get, I think, but we had a lovely water view!

Seriously, Disney has mastered the subtle art of crowd control, like with people getting off of EE. The only thing that messes it up is something wrong and unnatural, like TOUR GROUPS.

Kara, I just read your last TR in one sitting and it was a-mazing! I love your writing style and that you add in your own little quirks (I find myself relating to the majority of them)!! I can't wait to hear (see, read, ect..) all about your trip this time!!!! :woohoo:

Great pictures!! Happy Belated birthday! The EE gift shop may seem to be that size, but it is crazy how many people it can truly hold during a monsoon rain storm, when everyone from the back of AK tries to take shelter out of the lightning and thunder!! :scared:

Looking forward to more!!

Any time you hear (ex monorail current bus) VOICE ANNOUNCER GUY, AND see the beauty that is Joshua Dallas aka Prince Charming aka James aka David is a GOOD freakin' day. Add on top of that the fact that you just arrived in Disney and you're set for life. (Or, you're set for however long it is that you're on the bus.)

I'm loving all of these DAK scenery pictures. That place is brilliant and I'm in love with it.

I have to laugh at the people on Everest who are raising their arms on their way up the hill... such daredevils they are. :rolleyes:
So true. Why is September 30th so far away? I need new episodes of OUAT in my life RIGHT NOW.

Always gotta be prepared just in case the track breaks and there's some sudden air time. Wouldn't wanna miss out on the thrills. ;)
Hahaha I love your chapter title... or rant haha just kidding :goodvibes

Ahhh Stacey... even my brother loved her from the age of nine, even though my mom made fun of him for it. Who can't love Stacey?! :rotfl2:
Oh, it's totally a rant. I'm a really good ranter. :thumbsup2

I think it's impossible to not love Stacey. Anyone who claims to not love her is lying. I'm convinced of it.
I'm here! I am so excited for this report! I can't believe I missed that you started it!

HAHA I have to agree about Dr. Seeker...he makes very selfish decisions. Shame on him.

I too enjoy the hotdog eating contest, although watching them dip the buns in water does make me gag a little.

I love POFQ! My mom and I were in building one when we stayed there! Our room was literally as far from the main building as you could get, I think, but we had a lovely water view!

Seriously, Disney has mastered the subtle art of crowd control, like with people getting off of EE. The only thing that messes it up is something wrong and unnatural, like TOUR GROUPS.
Yeah, the wet hot dog buns are kinda disgusting. One guy used fruit punch instead of water, so his hands turned all red and it looked like a bloody mess. It was disgustingly entertaining.

I'm glad you had a great view! It's so pretty down by the water.

Very true. Those tour groups throw everything off. I don't understand why Disney lets them walk around in such big groups. When I went with my high school orchestra, we were allowed to roam freely. We just had to check in with the chaperones once or twice per day. These tour groups would be much easier to deal with if they did something similar.
Kara, I just read your last TR in one sitting and it was a-mazing! I love your writing style and that you add in your own little quirks (I find myself relating to the majority of them)!! I can't wait to hear (see, read, ect..) all about your trip this time!!!! :woohoo:
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :goodvibes
Great pictures!! Happy Belated birthday! The EE gift shop may seem to be that size, but it is crazy how many people it can truly hold during a monsoon rain storm, when everyone from the back of AK tries to take shelter out of the lightning and thunder!! :scared:

Looking forward to more!!
Thank you! And that's a great point. It's amazing how many people can cram in just about anywhere at Disney during a rainstorm.
Hey..thanks for your nice post! I am so excited to hear about trip..
Thank you! :)

I liked this update especially because it contains the word YETI. The only thing more fun than saying the word "YETI" is encountering a Yeti. Although, encountering a Chupacabra would be a close second.

I am here!!

Oh man, I love when people love Disney!! I love feeling your enthusiasm. YAY AK!!! Yay giftshops!! I love them so much!!

Can't wait for more!

HELLOoOoOoOoOoO DISboards!

I'm so sorry that I haven't been around much (well, at all) over the last couple weeks. I had all these plans for catching up on my favorite TRs and y'know, updating my own, but then this little thing called the Olympics got in my way.

You see, I am OBSESSED with the Olympics.

I don't mean that in a cutesy "Ohmygosh, I'm totally obsessed" *giggles* kind of way, I am legitimately addicted to the Olympics.

Winter or summer, it doesn't matter, I spend every minute of the games parked in front of a TV or laptop cheering like a freaking maniac for Team USA (WOOOOOOOO AMERICA #1!!!!!). That cheering inevitably turns to tears because I am a total sap and watching people's dreams come true is pretty much the greatest thing ever. This year, I didn't make it through one day of competition without bawling my eyes out. NBC might not be great at showing events live and stuff or providing commentary that isn't incredibly condescending and xenophobic, but they sure are good at putting together heart-warming montages. I'd score them a green triangle in the Montages section of the Coverage All-Around. Of course, the red upside down triangle they got in Pointless Filler Segments thanks to "Ryan Seacrest Reads Celebrity Tweets" ensures they have no chance at a medal.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that watching McKayla Maroney's flawless vault on repeat and drooling over the men of the US Swim Team was way more important than updating this thing. I mean, my updates don't feature real-life Disney prince Nathan Adrian, or broken world records, or people triumphing over adversity, or ladies whose hair magically still looks amazing after running sprints, or the greatest Olympian of all time (which is fitting because I'm pretty sure Phelps is Poseidon), or THE FREAKING SPICE GIRLS.

But now that the Olympics are over, I fully intend to start cranking out some serious updates. I've been back from Disney for a month already. I need to get down to business before I forget everything. :laughing:

Thanks for sticking with me, guys! You're the best! Gold medals for you all! :thumbsup2

I liked this update especially because it contains the word YETI. The only thing more fun than saying the word "YETI" is encountering a Yeti. Although, encountering a Chupacabra would be a close second.
Encountering a Yeti would basically be the highlight of my life. That's assuming it doesn't eat me and that we become BFFs. Getting eaten by a Yeti would be the lowlight of my life...
Yay, I'm in!!! :goodvibes Going back to catch up now...
Welcome! Thanks for coming along! :goodvibes
I am here!!

Oh man, I love when people love Disney!! I love feeling your enthusiasm. YAY AK!!! Yay giftshops!! I love them so much!!

Can't wait for more!
Thanks for joining in! I am so glad my enthusiasm translates in print. I'm always afraid I sound ridiculous, but I'm glad it comes across as the good kind of ridiculous. :rotfl:

Totally understandable!
Just when we thought the Olympics couldn't get better... they bring in the freakin Spice Girls!

I completely understand your Olympic-induced absence. I was so made when I realized I missed rhythmic gymnastics that I literally cried. But then the next night I had a dream that Michael Phelps was living on my couch, so it was all good. :)

I can't wait for your updates to resume!

HELLOoOoOoOoOoO DISboards!

I'm so sorry that I haven't been around much (well, at all) over the last

You see, I am OBSESSED with the Olympics.

NBC might not be great at showing events live and stuff or providing commentary that isn't incredibly condescending and xenophobic, but they sure are good at putting together heart-warming montages. I'd score them a green triangle in the Montages section of the Coverage All-Around. Of course, the red upside down triangle they got in Pointless Filler Segments thanks to "Ryan Seacrest Reads Celebrity Tweets" ensures they have no chance at a medal.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that watching McKayla Maroney's flawless vault on repeat and drooling over the men of the US Swim Team DROOL
Thanks for sticking with me, guys! You're the best! Gold medals for you all! :thumbsup2

Love this!!!! My favorite line? It's a toss up between NBC being condescending & xenophobic and 'thanks to "Ryan Seacrest Reads Celebrity Tweets" ensures they have no chance at a medal.'

Thanks for the Olympic themed giggle!

I'm so glad to finally see that someone else cries while watching the Olympics! I always would start crying when an American (or really anyone) would get their medal while having the national anthem play in the background. I just can't help but think of how proud they must be and how cool it is to win something so huge. I'm such a sap!
Looking forward to your next update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter