Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

My TA suggested we consider going to MVMCP on Sunday night since we'll be there and don't plan to do a park that day. I had thought it would be really crowded and sold out for sure but she said perhaps not. She pointed out that most people who are there for Thanksgiving are there because that's the only time they can get off work or school. These are people who want to be home Saturday or Sunday because they have to go back to work/school first thing Monday morning. Hmm... she does have a point. The price is the same Sunday or Tuesday. Those of you here who are attending a party that week, which night are you going or thinking of going?

She makes a great point! No need to feel rushed and exhausted by starting at a park that morning. I have no idea on historical party crowds but I'm sure someone on these boards will have some insight!

I hope she is right about everyone leaving on Sunday because that is our first full day at the parks. I wanted to go to MVMCP on Tuesday but my family doesn't want to spend the extra money. I would thing Tuesday would be less busy than Sunday.

She makes a great point! No need to feel rushed and exhausted by starting at a park that morning. I have no idea on historical party crowds but I'm sure someone on these boards will have some insight!

Touringplans does list it in the middle as far as how busy it might be. However, in their notes they show that it sold out in 2013 but say nothing about 2014 or 2015, so I'm left to wonder if perhaps it didn't sell out in those years? http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/07/least-crowded-disney-world-christmas-party-2016/

I guess it'll just come down to doing it whichever day works best with our plans. I am currently LOVING the idea of doing it on a day when we weren't planning to be in a park. :flower1:

I really need to stick to the few threads (here, SW, and free dining watch) I'm familiar with and quit branching out. I was just called a "cheater" for telling someone it was fine to get a rider swap pass and send her DH through again instead of riding herself with the kid. Sheesh.

Oh, and giving away our unused rider swap was not nice either, since it puts everyone I didn't give one to at a disadvantage. Seriously.

Hello all....
I hope I have found the right thread.
We will be in the world 11/26 to 12/6 at CBR with free dining! I squeezed in and booked on 7/5.

I will be travel with my DD17 and DS14.
I've managed to get most of the ADRs I want and add a bunch of extras.

Currently, I'm trying to relax and wait for the 60 mark....

Hello all....
We will be in the world 11/26 to 12/6 at CBR with free dining! I squeezed in and booked on 7/5.

:welcome:, I think your on the first week of December thread too. It's so cool to see all the same planning people!

Hello all....

Hi! Welcome! :)

Hello all....

Welcome!! :)

I really need to stick to the few threads (here, SW, and free dining watch) I'm familiar with and quit branching out. I was just called a "cheater" for telling someone it was fine to get a rider swap pass and send her DH through again instead of riding herself with the kid. Sheesh.

Oh, and giving away our unused rider swap was not nice either, since it puts everyone I didn't give one to at a disadvantage. Seriously.

Totally not cheating. You don't even have to use the pass on the same day. I guess we are cheaters too because we totally split our fast passes and swapped magic bands last year to do more rides with rider swap.

Totally not cheating. You don't even have to use the pass on the same day. I guess we are cheaters too because we totally split our fast passes and swapped magic bands last year to do more rides with rider swap.

Thank you! Judgy sanctimonious people make me crazy.

My TA suggested we consider going to MVMCP on Sunday night since we'll be there and don't plan to do a park that day. I had thought it would be really crowded and sold out for sure but she said perhaps not. She pointed out that most people who are there for Thanksgiving are there because that's the only time they can get off work or school. These are people who want to be home Saturday or Sunday because they have to go back to work/school first thing Monday morning. Hmm... she does have a point. The price is the same Sunday or Tuesday. Those of you here who are attending a party that week, which night are you going or thinking of going?

Sunday is the party day I'm considering as well for basically the same reason. We will be at universal studios for the morning. It will be our 3rd day there, which I hear 2 is really all you need but the 2 day ticket included a third day free. Instead of using a park day on our tickets, a MVMCP fits in nicely and sounds like a great way to start the trip I think. I've never been to a party and my husband has never been to WDW ever. I did want to start our touring in Magic Kingdom too.

The Tuesday party is a no for us because Epcot is open until 11:30pm that night so I'm definitely planning to end our day there. Do some drinking around the world and walk back to the Boardwalk. :)

I got tickets for Tuesday because I assumed Sunday would have more weekend stragglers and stragglers from Turkey Day weekend but that's just a guess. I went on a Tuesday last time around so that is what I ultimately used to make my decision.

I habe read most of the 72 pages in this thread.....

Wow!!! Everyone seems to have their planning under control.

I keep flip-floping and cant seem to nail down everything... I have overbooked ADRs... **blush*. I'll finally getting close . I feel an enormous sense of pressure to have my park plan before the 60 day FP mark.
Here are my nailed down days:
11/26 - 3pm arrival, settle in, eat dinner head to CR for a Wishes Fireworks cruise (I still have 5 open spots in my boat, pm if you want to share)
11/27 --- have no idea ADRs lunch at Arh Dinner TH (one or both will go)
11/28 -- MK BOG lunch, Skipper dinner
11/29-- am no idea Epcot maybe... Sanna dinner then 10pm Starlight Safari
11/30 - MK ?
12/1 - am SLEEP in, pool, resort touring... 7pm CRT and MVMCP
12/2- MK AM - EP PM Dinner Chef de France
12/3- AK yak Yeti lunch
12/4 --- up in the air originally HS with lunch at Mamma's with F! .... But I scored a BOG dinner (pre-party).
12/5 - our last day... MK am ... EP PM Dinner with Princess

I'm waiitng for EMM in fantasy land, SW dessert party and ROL(night schedule for AK)... to make final plans.
Anyway.... thanks for hearing my plans.

Well, I can't say it wasn't expected, but Touringplans just updated the H*ll out of their crowd calendars for the coming months. Holy Moley! I had phantom trips on there and got a LONG list of all the changes they made to the times I was watching. I just wish they would do this stuff sooner rather than later. :sad2:

Well, I can't say it wasn't expected, but Touringplans just updated the H*ll out of their crowd calendars for the coming months. Holy Moley! I had phantom trips on there and got a LONG list of all the changes they made to the times I was watching. I just wish they would do this stuff sooner rather than later. :sad2:

I'm afraid!!

Hey guys this so the first trip where it won't be just me dh and my toddler. Can someone let me know how the rider swap works in this situation? Dh and I want to ride soarin. If I leave the toddler with my mother in law and we ride with fast passes, where do we get the rider swap? And will it be ok for me and my mil to ride a second time and leave the baby with dh? I think I confused myself !

Ok posting my Disney plan for your thoughts.
Party size: 13 wonderful family members, most are first timers
Dates: November 26-December 1
Resort: All Stars Sports w/ DDP
Budget is tight for my sister so I am trying to keep costs low.

Saturday 26th
⁃ driving in early go to MK before checking in.
⁃ Crystal Palace reservation 7pm
Sunday 27th
⁃ MK RD closes early for MVMCP
⁃ Chef Mickey 7:15pm
Monday 28th
⁃ HS
⁃ Sci-fi lunch 2pm
⁃ Evening pool if weather is good.
Tuesday and Wednesday:
I have Akershus for just the girls both days(please don't judge me) Tuesday at 9:20 and Wednesday at 8:30am
Both days also have Coral reef for 2:30pm. I am not sure which ones to keep. Wednesday is our last day and we may be tired by then but is the earlier time helpful to get on Frozen? Also I plan on doing late night at MK on Wednesday so we will probably need a break. Does this make any sense?
1. Tuesday Akershus 9:20 hopefully get Frozen FP and coral reef 2:30 and open evening. Wednesday AK in morning, rest afternoon, MK EMH
2. Tuesday AK no ADR rest in evening. Wednesday Akershus 8:30 then ride frozen, FP Soarin. 2:30 coral reef, maybe get rest then EMH at MK
What do you think?

Hey guys this so the first trip where it won't be just me dh and my toddler. Can someone let me know how the rider swap works in this situation? Dh and I want to ride soarin. If I leave the toddler with my mother in law and we ride with fast passes, where do we get the rider swap? And will it be ok for me and my mil to ride a second time and leave the baby with dh? I think I confused myself !

All of the adults go to the Entrance and ask for a rider swap. MIL stays off with kid while you guys ride. Then when you get off you can give DH the kid and you and MIL go back to the FP line and give them the swap pass. Easy peasy. Each pass is good for 3 people and usually thru the end of the month. So you can save it for later, or even another day if you'll be returning to Epcot.

We split FP for soarin and test track - DH and DS7 get TT FP, I get one for Soarin. Then by using baby swaps we all get to ride both without waiting. It's amazing haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter