Week After Turkey Day Shenanigans

Yes!! The only thing that was gone was the princesses. They were gone yesterday according to my friend thats going the same time. Woo hoo. Time to get DD ready for gymnastics!!

Yes, both princess meets appeared gone, and actually did for every MK day I looked, but there's no way they were actually gone given how early I was looking at the dates. It looks like they are locking them out for now for some reason (impending changes?).

Yes, both princess meets appeared gone, and actually did for every MK day I looked, but there's no way they were actually gone given how early I was looking at the dates. It looks like they are locking them out for now for some reason (impending changes?).

Yes, this makes much more sense. It reminds me of how no one could book 'Ohana and a few other places when our ADR window opened. Eventually, they just showed up.

I'm confused about Haunted Mansion. On Touring Plans it has 12/2 listed as the re-open date? Fingers are crossed...!!

I'm so excited to hear about everyone's FP+ success! My date is not until Wednesday, since we arrive the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I did a lot more modifying over the weekend -- got the park maps out, tried to make choices that would be efficient in terms of touring...waaaay overthought everything... you know the drill!

I think we can all hope HM will re-open by 12/2 (I think that's the plan) but everyone should be prepared for it to not open until a day or two later than that. This is Disney, after all. Things frequently don't go according to plan. Although this is a small refurb so it should be less prone to delays. I'm much more concerned about BTMRR getting done on time, but with Thanksgiving week being the goal, I'm also comforted by the fact that they'll be wanting it open if AT ALL possible.

Good point. We'll just hope! If it does open on 12/3 I suppose I can hop over there in the a.m. as our flight out is not until evening. We have HS planned for that day, but it's flexible. We'll see!

We will be at BOG that morning too, 8:20 am! I think @heath92681 as well...

We have a PPO at BOG on the 29th as well! and again on Dec. 1

we will have our own EMM haha!

How fun! We will be the family with 3 boys and a little redhead 3 year old princess. You can't miss her. If you can't see her you can hear her.

This is really good to know as it would have driven me crazy! I have both meets listed to book FP for. I think I will just not book for those slots for now, making it easier when they do release them. I wonder if it has something to do with moving Elena of Avalor in?

I'm guessing they wont have FP available for HM on 12/2 in case it isn't ready on time. I'm hoping its open and I can hop in line for it early, my DH can take the kids to something else since they didn't care for HM.

that, or maybe I'll get lucky and can get a SDFP for it on 12/2 if it does open up. I plan to check back every so often to see if FP opens for it before we go!

Great point. They were gone every day I looked at MK.

Kohls.com is having an extra 35% off halloween merchandise and costumes until 12pm CT. Some Disney princess dresses are included. Also there is a free gift with purchase. Choose from musical gloves, tiara and shoe set or a lights wand

Use Code Trick to get 35% off until 12 pm CST
Use Code Bonus20 for additional 20% off today

After 12pm CST use code Treat to receive 25% off

Shipping is free on any order of $75 or starts at $5.95 for orders less than $75 OR opt for free in-store pickup - if available at a store near you.

I'm glad to hear that the princess thing might be on purpose - I was hoping for a Rapunzel M&G, and was really bummed that they were all completely gone. Here's hoping something opens up before our trip.

Glad to hear everyone did well with FP! I'm slightly less nervous about tomorrow now.

Now I'm second guessing the whole EMM. We got several 7DMT and a pooh/peter pan. Maybe rest Sunday instead and do MVMCP that night. I could use my extra day pass for AK on Saturday.

If i could get my DH to be on board for EMM I would totally book it and not look back. I mean, not many people can say they attended something like that at Disney in their lifetimes!

Ughhh all you people able to book FPs now are lame. I'm staying off property (not my decision) so I don't get to book mine till the end of October, when all the good ones will be gone. What do you think my chances of getting to ride FEA without an hour wait if I go there at rope drop are? (It does open before the rest of the World Showcase, right? Or am I imagining that?)

If i could get my DH to be on board for EMM I would totally book it and not look back. I mean, not many people can say they attended something like that at Disney in their lifetimes!

Yep. For me, it's both the ride (7dmt) AND the empty feeling of Fantasyland. We never made rope drop last time at MK and the only time we were there when it was a bit emptier was at night for emh. I'm seriously stoked for this experience and I'm really hoping we're all healthy enough to enjoy it!

Ughhh all you people able to book FPs now are lame. I'm staying off property (not my decision) so I don't get to book mine till the end of October, when all the good ones will be gone. What do you think my chances of getting to ride FEA without an hour wait if I go there at rope drop are? (It does open before the rest of the World Showcase, right? Or am I imagining that?)

Yes, FEA opens when Future World opens. I've actually heard some really great reports from people who visited it at rope drop. Occasionally, they've even gotten to ride it more than once with minimal wait! The fact that it is standby only for that first two hours really helps the line move quickly.

Yep. For me, it's both the ride (7dmt) AND the empty feeling of Fantasyland. We never made rope drop last time at MK and the only time we were there when it was a bit emptier was at night for emh. I'm seriously stoked for this experience and I'm really hoping we're all healthy enough to enjoy it!

Exactly!! I was SO SAD to cancel it after I booked - but I just can't justify that much money right now. DH has to get a new truck since his is now having transmission issues.

Being an adult sucks sometimes!

Exactly!! I was SO SAD to cancel it after I booked - but I just can't justify that much money right now. DH has to get a new truck since his is now having transmission issues.

Being an adult sucks sometimes!

No doubt about that! We were supposed to be staying in a 2-room villa at Kidani Village but had to downgrade to AoA just to keep trip hopes alive. We're still getting to go for a long trip which we all wanted more than we wanted to stay at a deluxe, but we're going to have to bring 2 camping mattresses for the little kids to sleep on because my kids don't share beds well and, again, it's a long trip to try to put up with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter