WebKinz?

JacobsMommy11002

DIS Veteran
I am new to this whole Webkinz thing. Are there any that kids consider "cooler" than others, or is it all personal preference? We are having a safari party for my son's b-day, and I was thinking I would pick one up for a prize to a game...

Right now I am seeing the Reindeer as "hot" bc of Christmas.

Other than that I am clueless. DS10 had the tree frog and the bull frog. He is getting the Reindeer for Christmas.

Ohh! I did not even know they had a reindeer! Now that would be a "hot"one for the Holidays! My GS2, GD5 as well as my DS10 and his friends all love Webkinz. Man, I wish I came up with the idea! $$$ :rotfl:Anywhooo...I do not think any one is cooler than another one in their eyes. They all seem to like all of them! :goodvibes

Is it a boy/girl party? The only thing I would avoid is something pink/frilly/fru-fru/girly because some boys may not appreciate it. :laughing: Since it's a safari party, you could get the elephant, lion, etc. along those lines. I think Webkinz are a cute prize idea!

Given the theme and the news from DD this morning, I would suggest the gorilla to be a "hot" one. Apparently the gorilla webkinz and littlekinz are being retired.

Given the theme and the news from DD this morning, I would suggest the gorilla to be a "hot" one. Apparently the gorilla webkinz and littlekinz are being retired.

If you can find the gorilla! Check out the webkinzinsider site, kinda like the Dis only, it's ALL about Webkinz. Some of the people have posted about buying up 10 of the gorilla if they can find them and then putting them on Ebay to make $$$
OP the reindeer and gorilla are good choices, well any Webkinz is really, I would also suggest getting the pet of the month if you can't find the other 2 suggestions, if the party is this month, the Chihuaha(sp?) is the potm and January is the Yorkie, or so the rumors say. Apparently the potm gets extra special "stuff" when they register it. Good luck, and you are definitely going to be the "cool mom" for that prize!

Right now I am seeing the Reindeer as "hot" bc of Christmas.

Other than that I am clueless. DS10 had the tree frog and the bull frog. He is getting the Reindeer for Christmas.

Thank you, Mkrop, for telling us about the reindeer. :goodvibes I had no idea they even had one! They are going to make the perfect added gifts for our DS, DGS & DGD. After reading your post, we found a shop that had 4 left and my DH ran out to get them. :upsidedow

Thank you, Mkrop, for telling us about the reindeer. :goodvibes I had no idea they even had one! They are going to make the perfect added gifts for our DS, DGS & DGD. After reading your post, we found a shop that had 4 left and my DH ran out to get them. :upsidedow

You are welcome. I cant take credit though I read about it here!:goodvibes

If you can find the gorilla! Check out the webkinzinsider site, kinda like the Dis only, it's ALL about Webkinz. Some of the people have posted about buying up 10 of the gorilla if they can find them and then putting them on Ebay to make $$$
OP the reindeer and gorilla are good choices, well any Webkinz is really, I would also suggest getting the pet of the month if you can't find the other 2 suggestions, if the party is this month, the Chihuaha(sp?) is the potm and January is the Yorkie, or so the rumors say. Apparently the potm gets extra special "stuff" when they register it. Good luck, and you are definitely going to be the "cool mom" for that prize!

I should have done that! DD waned a gorilla, because of it's eminent retirement, and we found one yesterday. They had about 6 of them, I just bought 1 for DD, didn't think the gorilla was that hot. I always saw them before the announcement and they didn't seem like they were moving, I guess now that they are limited in supply, they're hot!!!

I am thinking of getting Webkins for my 10 and 11 year old niece and nephew. Do boys really like these things? I know my niece will love it but was worried my nephew might not.

I am thinking of getting Webkins for my 10 and 11 year old niece and nephew. Do boys really like these things? I know my niece will love it but was worried my nephew might not.

Webkinz are very popular amongst the boys in my son's 5th grade class! :thumbsup2

well now I have to go find this gorilla..I thought I saw some at one of our stores here but didn't know they are retiring :( Another good idea is to buy some charms for giveaways, they are hard to find and give kids entry into the charm forest for more fun!!

DS10 is in 4th grade and qutie a few of the boys in his class have them. I was suprised, thinking it was more of a girl thing, until he started telling me about who has them, even some of the "cool" guys have them.

We have tons of charms around here although DS does not want any charms or lip gloss or body spritz:lmao: I got hime some trading cards and a bookmark.

k thanks to you peeps we went out and found a Webkinz Gorilla, I better make thousands off of this or I'll be mad, lol :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Has anyone heard a rumor that Webkinz is going to start charging to use the site? I overheard the people at the Hallmark store say something about that the other day, but I can't believe that it can be true.

Well, you kind of already pay. You can't get online without a code from the pet and then you use your login and password. After a year, you renew, right?

Well, you kind of already pay. You can't get online without a code from the pet and then you use your login and password. After a year, you renew, right?

Chiming in here...

Yes, and the only way to renew is to buy another Webkinz animal and get another code. So yes, in a way we ARE paying a yearly fee.

I should have done that! DD waned a gorilla, because of it's eminent retirement, and we found one yesterday. They had about 6 of them, I just bought 1 for DD, didn't think the gorilla was that hot. I always saw them before the announcement and they didn't seem like they were moving, I guess now that they are limited in supply, they're hot!!!

Not so much ... the toy store where I get mine still has plenty, and when I checked ebay, they're going for around $10. Not exactly a money maker.

I am new to this whole Webkinz thing. Are there any that kids consider "cooler" than others, or is it all personal preference? We are having a safari party for my son's b-day, and I was thinking I would pick one up for a prize to a game...

My older son loves the labs. There is a black, yellow and brown. Dogs are always good for boys:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter