weather for CC - not docking??

I've tried everything , and can't get the trailer to work either.

I even reinstalled quicktime, tried on aol and internet explorer, and nothing.

Don't get it.

disgal1 said:
I've tried everything , and can't get the trailer to work either.

I even reinstalled quicktime, tried on aol and internet explorer, and nothing.

Don't get it.

Sorry to hear that you're also having problems with it. But at least I feel better knowing I'm not the only one and that I'm not crazy. Are you also unable to view the CC docking statistics table? Or am I the only one having a problem with it? If you are able to read it, can you tell me what it says for April and May? Thank you.

We cruised the end of Jan and even though all excursions were canceled we were still able to dock at CC. It was a bit windy but I still enjoyed the day. :thumbsup2

Our last cruise was in January of 2004, (our next is this July :Pinkbounc ) and we were on a 4 night cruise. We were supposed to go to CC on our 3rd day and we could not dock, I think it was because recent weather caused the docking area to get too shallow and the ship kept hitting it's propellers. So the Captain made his announcement and told us we'd switch our sea day with our CC day and then we went out to sea and he found us some great sunny weather to bask in. We then went to CC the next day with no issues. All our ressies were just switched from one day to the next. They did a great job.

A Sunny Day said:
We cruised the end of Jan and even though all excursions were canceled we were still able to dock at CC. It was a bit windy but I still enjoyed the day. :thumbsup2

Why were the excursions cancelled? I assume that it was not weather related since your weather sounded good.

Peggy Jean said:
Our last cruise was in January of 2004, (our next is this July :Pinkbounc ) and we were on a 4 night cruise. We were supposed to go to CC on our 3rd day and we could not dock, I think it was because recent weather caused the docking area to get too shallow and the ship kept hitting it's propellers. So the Captain made his announcement and told us we'd switch our sea day with our CC day and then we went out to sea and he found us some great sunny weather to bask in. We then went to CC the next day with no issues. All our ressies were just switched from one day to the next. They did a great job.

I'm glad to hear that it worked out well. You said they switched the reservations. I have a Palo reservation on Night 4, the day at sea. Does that mean that in that case, my reservation would be transferred to Night 3? Also, does pirate night remain on night 3 even though it is a sea day, or does it transfer to night 4, which becomes the CC day? How does this affect the dining rotations? Thanks.

mitsguy2001 said:
Why were the excursions cancelled? I assume that it was not weather related since your weather sounded good.

On our last cruise we were able to dock with one attempt but some excursions were cancelled such as the glass bottom boat I believe. Smaller craft cannot operate as well as the ship in some windy conditions.

lbgraves said:
On our last cruise we were able to dock with one attempt but some excursions were cancelled such as the glass bottom boat I believe. Smaller craft cannot operate as well as the ship in some windy conditions.

Does your signature list all of your cruises? If so, then I'm guessing you are referring to the 12/10/05 cruise, with 12/16/05 being the CC day?

mitsguy2001 said:
Does your signature list all of your cruises? If so, then I'm guessing you are referring to the 12/10/05 cruise, with 12/16/05 being the CC day?

By the way, I checked weatherunderground.com, and in Nassau, Dec. 16, 2005 actually had the lightest winds of any day in December 2005. So, have you been on another cruise since then, or is the weather in CC very different than in Nassau, or was there another issue other than wind?

I still want to know how I can read the CC docking statistics table; it still is not readable on my computer.

mitsguy2001 said:

Yes, that was the one.

lbgraves said:
Yes, that was the one.

It's strange, because weatherunderground.com shows the weather as being warm, sunny, and hardly any wind on Dec. 16, 2005. I guess the weather in Nassau and CC is very different. Is there another city closer to CC that I can look up to get a better idea about CC weather? Thank you.

I too only have the gibbirish, exactly like you posted. on the table post.

Guess we have the same problem, and who knows what that could be.

Very frustrating!

disgal1 said:
I too only have the gibbirish, exactly like you posted. on the table post.

Guess we have the same problem, and who knows what that could be.

Very frustrating!

Yes, me too. Only gibberish, no table.

Mitsguy2001, our first cruise was in May, and our day on CC was spectacular. I didn't even realize May weather was iffy in the Bahamas because the weather every day of the cruise was great. Of course, I can't promise that you will have the same luck, but just because you are going in May doesn't mean you will have bad weather.

Our cruise in January was a different story. It was SO windy, the boat couldn't pull out of Port Canaveral because the captain was afraid the wind would slam the boat back into the dock. Eventually we made it out with the help of a tug. The next day in Nassau it was still windy, and we watched from sea as ship after ship tried to dock but couldn't and had to turn back out to sea. Luckily our captain (and the superior DCL ship) was able to dock. So no matter what the dock on CC is like, strong winds are a problem.

We are going on the 11 night cruise this September, and with the huricanes that time of year, we will be lucky to dock at any of the islands we are scheduled to go to. I have lowered my expectations of actually docking on any particular island, bringing a lot of books, and as long as the captain can get us to calm sees and a few rays of sun, I will be happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter