weather for CC - not docking??

I think Castaway Cay is perfect the way it is. Not that I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't dock, but I'll take my chances any day. The pictures of my kids on the beach with the boat in the back are some of the coolest vacation pictures we have of all our travels. What an experience. :thumbsup2

Here is a thread that has stats about the ship's record for docking at CC in 2004 & 2005.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=539967

I agree that CC is perfect the way it is. If the captain cannot dock the ship safely due to the wind or waves, there is NO WAY that I will let my family get on a little old tender boat to get to the island. There could be a situation where the conditions worsened & you couldn't get off the island back to the ship.

lbgraves said:
Holy *%&$*(!!!!!!!!! I didn't need to see that movie trailer. :badpc: I will NOT be watching that movie!

How do you view it? When I clicked on it at work, all I got was a big X. When I click on it at home, all I get is a big Q. What am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having trouble with it?

minniebeth said:
I think Castaway Cay is perfect the way it is. Not that I wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't dock, but I'll take my chances any day. The pictures of my kids on the beach with the boat in the back are some of the coolest vacation pictures we have of all our travels. What an experience. :thumbsup2

It seems it's really a gamble. Hopefully I'll be lucky, even though I usually have the worst luck. Just out of curiosity, how would the experience be not as good if they made it easier to dock?

I just clicked on the link. It is a movie trailer for Poseiden. The ship is hit by a Tsuinami type wave and it tipped over. The cruise ship floats upside down in the ocean...for a while anyway.

lbgraves said:
I just clicked on the link. It is a movie trailer for Poseiden. The ship is hit by a Tsuinami type wave and it tipped over. The cruise ship floats upside down in the ocean...for a while anyway.

Is anyone else having the problem that I am? No matter how many times I try, it won't let me see it.

lbgraves said:
Here is a thread that has stats about the ship's record for docking at CC in 2004 & 2005.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=539967

I agree that CC is perfect the way it is. If the captain cannot dock the ship safely due to the wind or waves, there is NO WAY that I will let my family get on a little old tender boat to get to the island. There could be a situation where the conditions worsened & you couldn't get off the island back to the ship.

How do I view those statistics? I click it, but don't see anything. I see text, but no statistics. Can you help me find it? Thanks.

mitsguy2001 said:
What are the chances of being able to dock and having good weather in May? I hear some people post here that the weather in May is good. But checking the history on weatherundergound.com looks pretty grim. How often is it that they go to CC on the 4th day of a 4 night cruise if the weather is bad on Day 3? I've heard of it happening, but don't know how common it is or if it happens in May.

May in the Carribean is just like Seatle. It will get ugly, get wet, then move on.

BuzzNutt said:
May in the Carribean is just like Seatle. It will get ugly, get wet, then move on.

That doesn't sound good at all. Is this also true in the Bahamas? I'm starting to wish I never booked this cruise.

mitsguy2001 said:
How do I view those statistics? I click it, but don't see anything. I see text, but no statistics. Can you help me find it? Thanks.

It is text. The final analysis is in the last post.

mitsguy2001 said:
It seems it's really a gamble. Hopefully I'll be lucky, even though I usually have the worst luck. Just out of curiosity, how would the experience be not as good if they made it easier to dock?

For them to change how they would dock in CC, I assume would cost big $$$$$....
Not that I don't love DCL, but the prices are high enough as it is, there is no way at least I could absorb the prices they would for sure pass along to us.

To sound corny, and I mean for my words to come across kind, if you can even be able to take a Disney Cruise, you are lucky and blessed.
If you go with realistic expectations, you will not be disappointed with your DCL experience!

If you are planning to cruise anytime soon, I wouldn't even bother watching the trailor for Poseidon (sp?)... even though we rationally know it's fiction, wow! scary.... I don't want my kids seeing even the coming attractions for that!

Have fun planning for your trip, the planning is part of the fun of the anticipation...all your concerns will melt away the minute you board! :sunny:

lbgraves said:
It is text. The final analysis is in the last post.

It appears it was supposed to be a table, but it shows up as gibberish on my computer. Or, if you are talking about the percentages, it doesn't help since it's not for a specific month, and there is great variation from one month to another.

minniebeth said:
For them to change how they would dock in CC, I assume would cost big $$$$$....
Not that I don't love DCL, but the prices are high enough as it is, there is no way at least I could absorb the prices they would for sure pass along to us.

To sound corny, and I mean for my words to come across kind, if you can even be able to take a Disney Cruise, you are lucky and blessed.
If you go with realistic expectations, you will not be disappointed with your DCL experience!

If you are planning to cruise anytime soon, I wouldn't even bother watching the trailor for Poseidon (sp?)... even though we rationally know it's fiction, wow! scary.... I don't want my kids seeing even the coming attractions for that!

Have fun planning for your trip, the planning is part of the fun of the anticipation...all your concerns will melt away the minute you board! :sunny:

Thanks. How were you able to view the trailer? I can't get it to work. Did you do anything special or load any programs to get it to work? Thanks.

Hey mitsguy--to get the trailer for the new Poseidon Adventure movie, you'll need Quicktime installed. If you don't have it, I think all you get is the big Q. I'm using AOL as my browser, and when I click on the link, I see the big Q for about a half-second, then it opens up and I get the movie trailer (which is EXCELLENT, by the way! My 6-y.o. even said, "Wow... that's WAY cool!") If you already have Quicktime loaded, it might be a matter of opening with a different browser. Good luck!

kimszath said:
Hey mitsguy--to get the trailer for the new Poseidon Adventure movie, you'll need Quicktime installed. If you don't have it, I think all you get is the big Q. I'm using AOL as my browser, and when I click on the link, I see the big Q for about a half-second, then it opens up and I get the movie trailer (which is EXCELLENT, by the way! My 6-y.o. even said, "Wow... that's WAY cool!") If you already have Quicktime loaded, it might be a matter of opening with a different browser. Good luck!

It's strange, since I definitely have Qucktime installed, so I don't know what the problem is. Thanks for your response. I'm guessing that I just have some sort of configuration problem. I guess it's not a big deal. Is anyone else having this problem?

I should ask: what version of Quicktime do you have? It seems that I have Version 6.5. Is my version too old? Otherwise, I have no idea what is wrong. Otherwise, is there any settings that I need to change? It's strange that I'd be unable to view it on 2 different computers, when it seems that everyone else can view it.

mitsguy2001 said:
It appears it was supposed to be a table, but it shows up as gibberish on my computer. Or, if you are talking about the percentages, it doesn't help since it's not for a specific month, and there is great variation from one month to another.

Am I the only one that is unable to view the table that supposedly has CC docking statistics? Can anyone tell me how to read it? If not, then can someone who is able to read it at least tell me the statistics for April and May? Thanks.

mmouse37 said:
Loved watching the trailer again....saw it on the big screen the other night when I went to see Inside Man.....I just love all cruise ship movies and loved the original Posieden Adventure and Titanic.....can't wait to see it!!!

What version of Quicktime do you have? What settings do you have it set to? I wonder why I'm the only one that can't view it.

Are you able to view the CC docking statistics table? I can't view that either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter