We WEREN'T the "Castle Family", we DIDN'T get to be GRAND MARSHALLS,...

popcorn:: waiting for the next installment!!!

good job and I can't wait to hear more!!!! popcorn::

...notice the key word is "ALMOST".....

1.gif

....wow, I didn't know Ozzie Osborne donated lights to Disneyworld....!"

While we were not about to wake up very early, we did manage to arise at a fairly reasonable hour - around 8:00ish. Not too bad, considering we finally fell asleep at nearly 4AM. Since MGM was our destination (and some of you may well know how I feel about THIS place...:worship: ) I really wanted to be on our way. However, MGM was just a short boat-ride away, and we couldn't very well take on ToT and R'nRC on an empty stomach now, could we?? :laughing: We decided that we would venture downstairs to grab a quick bite to eat, since it was clean, fast, and fairly cheap. Actually, the 3 of us had gone downstairs the night before, to Picabu [formerly 'Tubbies'] for a 'midnite snack', although it really was way past midnight....
CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX086.jpg

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX087.jpg

...ten minutes later, we helped ourselves to bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, and home fries with coffee and juice. All I have to say is BLECCCCHHHH!! Breakfast was simply AWFUL - it wasn't a hard decision to not eat breakfast here again....

....the first obvious item of note as we walked towards the boat dock was the lovely weather. Although it was a tad chilly, the temperature was hands-down much better than the last time we had visited WDW for Christmas....

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX085.jpg

CHRISTMAS2_2007_WDW_PIX002.jpg

....happily aboard one of the 'friend-ships', camera and Mickey ears in tow, we enjoyed the 12-minute ride along the river, getting closer and closer, until at last, that wonderful sight:

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX076.jpg

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX080.jpg

Our jubilation had to be restrained momentarily, because we still hadn't picked up our park passes. I took the liberty of ordering them online (in case you are wondering, YES, this was the last thing I did before we left for the airport....:blush: ) and was assured that they would be available at any Guest Services location. The bustling of happy Disney visitors pumped me with more excitement ( :scratchin or mebbe it was just the eggs I had eaten 20 minutes before...) as we strolled down the main street of MGM. We veered off to the first left, as there was a crowd gathering, which signalled that a 'show' was soon to start. It was - the street show with the 'German director' and crew, which proved to be quite hilarious. I was laughing so hard that I comepletely forgot to take any photos...continuing past Fifty's Prime Time Cafe and Indiana Jones, we continued towards the New York City street to check out the Osborne family lights, which, of course, I made mention as we strolled along the street. Being typical kids, my DS and David were quick to point out how generous it was for Ozzie and his wife to give such a magnanimous gift....imagine their slight embarrassment when they learned it was not THOSE Osbornes....

...we had three o'clock reservations for Sci-Fi Theatre, so we knew that our pace could be less hurried...that was the location of our first 'star-sighting'....

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX001.jpg

....my DH wanted to ride the Backlot Tour [...honestly, I can only stomach this ride so many times, and this time was definitely once too many....] so, against my better judgment, we did. After all, we WERE in Disneyworld with great weather and in good company. Besides, David had never been to Florida before so we were experiencing it through his eyes, and there was so much more to come, and, there are worse things in life than having to endure another round of Backlot....we followed this with "Lights, Motor, ACTION!", a show not to be missed...

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX002.jpg

...since we still had plenty of time before lunch, we decided to walk to the other side of the park...at last! Usually, whenever we visit MGM, inevitably we make a bee-line towards ToT and R'nRC - this ritual was painfully omitted, so I was getting quite delirious that I hadn't gotten my 'thrill-ride' fix yet....

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX006.jpg

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX008.jpg

....two rounds of ToT and a whirl on R'nRC - I am now officially in 'ride heaven'....

...since it was now nearer our ADR time and we had worked up an appetite from all the walking back and forth across the park, we decided to stroll back to Sci-Fi, where we actually were seated almost 20 minutes ahead of time:

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX005.jpg

CHRISTMAS1_2007_WDW_PIX003.jpg

...the service was excellent [our CM was the one who suggested taking the pix, which he did!], the movie 'previews' were campy, but a hoot, and the meal was terrific - of course, my DH had a gluten-free cheeseburger, David had the 'regular' cheeseburger, I had an AMAZING Reuben sandwich, and my DS chose the pasta with shrimp -YUM-o! The highlight of their meal was the Oreo Cookie milkshakes! :faint: ...

...we decided that we would head back to our room to relax a bit and freshen up so that we could return later, in time for Fantasmic!....

[...next installment - Post #152]

.my DH wanted to ride the Backlot Tour [...honestly, I can only stomach this ride so many times, and this time was definitely once too many....] so, against my better judgment, we did

It's not a favorite of mine either. Give me the TOT and RnRC :cool2:

I'm loving all the pics too Kim. :thumbsup2

...notice the key word is "ALMOST".....

:rotfl2:

Yea...almost!

Our last day was MGM...and it was awesome. I love our pics...I really have no excuse. I've been lazy. And too focused on being newly married, then newly pregnant, then HUGELY pregnant, then a new Mommy and now our next trip! I guess I DO have an excuse! :rolleyes:

I'll buckle down and do it at some point. Then I'll proudly put it back in my siggy. I took it out because of the embarassment of never finishing!!! :laughing:

I love the pics Kim!!!

DH and I didn't do Backlot last time...not sure why? :confused3 I wonder...is it a 'baby friendly' ride? It looks like something DH would love....

I LOVED RnRC!!! I'm SO excited to ride that again!!!

Awesome! An update! :thumbsup2

So did you like the Sci-Fi? Maybe I'm jumpig the gun a bit. Just askin'. :rolleyes1

So definitely no breakfast at Dolphin. Got it!

We only got a half day at MGM last trip, and it's not on our schedule for the trip next week (we only have 3 park days, and it has to be EPCOT and MK). We plan a day or so for our July trip. We actually haven't been on the ToT or RNRC yet. :eek: DW's back couldn't handle the ToT, but our oldest loves the thrill rides like I do!!

Great pics, Kim! Keep 'em coming! and keep the updates coming as well!

Good eggs can be hard to find (much like men-I got lucky)

I agree re Backlot Tour and truthfuly (getting out my flame-retardent suit) LMA isn't my fav either. I just endured it for DH (and that wil probably happen again). Give me RnRC any day!

Good eggs can be hard to find (much like men-I got lucky)

I agree re Backlot Tour and truthfuly (getting out my flame-retardent suit) LMA isn't my fav either. I just endured it for DH (and that wil probably happen again). Give me RnRC any day!

What's LMA? :)

....wow, I didn't know Ozzie Osborne donated lights to Disneyworld....!"

...ten minutes later, we helped ourselves to bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, and home fries with coffee and juice. All I have to say is BLECCCCHHHH!! Breakfast was simply AWFUL - it wasn't a hard decision to not eat breakfast here again....

Taking notes...never eat at Picabu...

....happily aboard one of the 'friend-ships', camera and Mickey ears in tow, we enjoyed the 12-minute ride along the river, getting closer and closer, until at last, that wonderful sight:

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX076.jpg

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX080.jpg

I love these pics! :banana:

we continued towards the New York City street to check out the Osborne family lights, which, of course, I made mention as we strolled along the street. Being typical kids, my DS and David were quick to point out how generous it was for Ozzie and his wife to give such a magnanimous gift....imagine their slight embarrassment when they learned it was not THOSE Osbornes....

:rotfl:

....two rounds of ToT and a whirl on R'nRC - I am now officially in 'ride heaven'....

:thumbsup2

Love the Sci-Fi - it's one of my favorites! Great installment and great pics!

OMG - 6 hour delay! How horrible! I was freaking out with our approx 1hr delay when we flew Southwest this time. At CLE Southwest has its own little terminal with about 3 ramps but a really small waiting area so people were draped all over the place (the other flights were delayed too) - it was cramped and gross and smelly. I don't know what I would have done if I had to wait there for 6 HOURS!!!

You did get some beautiful pics of the lobby tree without any strangers in view :rolleyes1 I wonder why???;)

Taking notes...never eat at Picabu...

...well, I wouldn't say NEVER eat at Picabu's - the sandwiches and grilled chicken salads were really awesome! It wasn't so much the ENTIRE breakfast was horrible, but the EGGS - I guess they were reconstituted or powdered eggs - simply GROSS!

CJsMom said:
..I love these pics! :banana:

...thanks...

CJsMom said:
...Love the Sci-Fi - it's one of my favorites! Great installment and great pics!

....I had only eaten here once before wa-a-a-y back when, and the meal was OKAY, but the restaurant was really too dark for my taste. Of course, I realize that it was imitating a drive-in AT NIGHT, but I am not one for eating food that I really can't see...as you can see my pix, it definitely has more lighting to make things more visible....the only 'negative' about Sci-Fi' was that the CM's didn't shout along to certain parts of the movie clips as they had done in the past.....

thanks for the memories! we were there in '06. ahhhh....:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter