We WEREN'T the "Castle Family", we DIDN'T get to be GRAND MARSHALLS,...

OMG, what a nightmare! Seriously, SIX hours delayed??? :faint: I can't even imagine. But at least you got to WDW.

You did get to WDW, right?! :eek:

Well Kim it is offical...thanks to your TR I am booked for Dec 7th-14th (got 84 each way NS out of Newburgh)....We still haven't left the lobby of ACY:confused3 popcorn::

You will be back and have your trip report finished before Kim finishes this one :lmao: :rolleyes1

And congrats on the planned trip in Dec. Terri :dance3:

Yup, you heard me right - after all was said and done, our flight did not leave ACY until 11:35 that night! My DH noticed that the last time it [the flight] was 'bumped' there were two state troopers next to the flight attendant, as she announced the bad news on the loudspeaker. You see, there were many people on this particular flight who were connecting in Orlando to catch ANOTHER one out to San Juan, Puerto Rico to depart on a cruise, and the 'powers-that-be' figured it was gonna get ugly. Unfortunately for them, there WERE no more connecting flights out of Orlando. Those folks were given their choice of staying in ACY overnight to catch the first flight out, or boarding the first one from Orlando (SOME choice....) However, cooler heads prevailed and no bodily harm was done. In the midst of all of this, my DS began having difficulties breathing, but his nebulizer and meds were packed in his suitcase. So, I had to go back to the first level and explain the situation to the flight attendant, whereas she went to where the luggage for our flight was being held, retrieve my luggage, and I removed the nebulizer and medicine to bring it back upstairs so that my DS could have a treatment. Given the circumstances, the folks of Spirit Air were extremely accommodating - they also had set up a cart with free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks in the area where all the passengers had been seated. Armed with $5 dollars worth of quarters, and able to breathe again, Dylan and his friend, David started to talk to some of the other kids that were waiting for the flight and they played Ms. Pacman, round-robin style....

WOW....6 hours :eek: And those poor people trying to get on their cruise, I would have been fit to be tied :sad2: :mad: :headache: And your son having problems and needing meds in your check-in luggage , thank goodness they were able to get it for you !

I sat at the Newark airport one night for three hours only to get on the plane and sit almost two more hours and that was agonizing :headache: I don't think I would have made 6 hours!

"....Dolphin Resort, and STEP ON IT.....!"

......that monorail ride towards the main hub of MCO brought back the reality that, FINALLY, we really are almost 'home'!

MCO was a tranquil haven, with the exception of that loud buzzer signalling the lone carousel about to spew out its contents - namely, our luggage. Well, at least we caught one nice break, all of our belongings were intact, together, and some of the first pieces of suitcases to make that first turn through the plastic strips....

...the taxi ride was long and silent - we were simply just too pooped to be excited about ANYTHING Disney at this point. The back part of the Nickelodeon Resort was kinda cool to view from behind, too....however, at 2:40 AM it really WAS kinda annoying to be stopped at a red light, not another car in sight for miles.....By ten minutes to three we were pulling up to the Dolphin's grand entrance, or should I say the Dolphin's-in-the-middle-of-major-renovations entrance. The cab driver deposited our belongings under the portico and hurried off for his next charge, leaving the four of us and our luggage at the curb. To make matters worse, we had to schlep our 'stuff' to the 'conventioneers' entrance, along the hallway, and to the grand lobby:

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX088.jpg

CHRISTMAS_2007_WDW_PIX089.jpg

...and what a lobby it was! We ventured over to the check-in counter. On the brighter side, there was no queue line to speak of - all the Dolphin guests were either fast asleep or disembarking one of the Disney buses from MK, which had just pulled up as we arrived [it was EMH that night]....without too much hassle, we were on our way up the East elevator to the 7th floor. The room was spotless and the beds looked oh-so-inviting. Barely able to keep awake, we quickly washed and brushed our teeth, at first not noticing the faint musty odor, a long-time subject of debate on the S/D thread....tomorrow [well, TECHNICALLY, today...] is the first day we will be visiting a WDW park!!! Now, back to my turkey leg - oh, 'heavenly bed', you are my newest best friend - sweet dreams....:cloud9:

[...next installment - Post #126]

Arggghhh! What a day! :scared1:
But at least you are there - whoo-hoo!!! :yay:

I agree with Kevin! Your writing is pretty impressive! Great report! :thumbsup2 Now I'm worrying about my 7AM flight coming up! Southwest, don't fail me now!!!!

:worship: TG you made it...The lobby looks beautiful. Good job getting a little more done on the Trippie. I need a heavenly bed right about now:cloud9:

gotta get to bed...but this is so amusing and fun to read!! JK Rowling....watch out!

been lov'in this from the side lines-Great Report so far Kim!!!! :thumbsup2

Wonderful update! The way you write, I can see the picture in my head. Not every writer can do that! :worship:

Wow, 3 AM!!!! I really hope our 10:30 am flight on Southwest goes well, considering the press they've had lately. :wizard:

Wonderful update! The way you write, I can see the picture in my head. Not every writer can do that! :worship:

Wow, 3 AM!!!! I really hope our 10:30 am flight on Southwest goes well, considering the press they've had lately. :wizard:

...well, I can't really lay the blame upon the airline for the bad weather, but they really should have had a 'back-up' plan, like, I dunno, ANOTHER AIRPLANE....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!