• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We went belly up at the Dolphin! Fairy quest 12/16

O.M.G.!!!!! And I will NOT be having any snarkiness on any of my TRs either, thank-you very much! It can all go to Alan Renfroe!! :rotfl:

Where's the part about me? Isn't that the point of this TR? That you saw ME??????? 15 minutes of heaven, that's what it should be called!!! :rotfl: Or the best 15 minutes of the weekend- that would work, too!! :rotfl: I know- the 15 minutes that made life worth living at WDW!!!! :thumbsup2

PS- I cancelled BCV for the next DISmoms trip- it's Mahi-Mahi all the way!!! :banana:

O.M.G.!!!!! And I will NOT be having any snarkiness on any of my TRs either, thank-you very much! It can all go to Alan Renfroe!! :rotfl:

Where's the part about me? Isn't that the point of this TR? That you saw ME??????? 15 minutes of heaven, that's what it should be called!!! :rotfl: Or the best 15 minutes of the weekend- that would work, too!! :rotfl: I know- the 15 minutes that made life worth living at WDW!!!! :thumbsup2

PS- I cancelled BCV for the next DISmoms trip- it's Mahi-Mahi all the way!!! :banana:

Oh, don't worry, you'll be in my TR.... it's titled "The 15 minutes of my life I can never get back....." :rotfl2:

I knew you'd love that I sent all snarks to your TR!!!! :lmao:

NO FANNY PACKS!!!!!! EEEK! Go with the bags kara recommended. I have one and love it.

I think it is funny that Jeff is pouting

He's REALLY gonna be pouting if Ally and I decided to go to AK for the day this weekend while he's out of town!!!! :rotfl2:

Hiya again Kara...

Now over in the UK "fanny" has a totally different meaning to over there - always makes me do a double take - just like "happy hump day"!!
You girls make me laugh!

p.s. In the UK a fanny pack is called a bum-bag.... and nooo I don't like them either.

Tessa

Oh, bum bag - I like that! So do tell..... what is a fanny???

I'm just loving your new trip report, you really make me laugh when you write, it's so entertaining. i just can't believe there's someone on here with out an ounce of pixie dust about them, who wouldn't want to stay in a hotel "dripping with all things Disney", isn't that what we go for!! can't wait to here the rest and see the "cute and sparkly" picture again!!

You mean THIS one????

DTD1.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'll have more info on the Mahi Mahi, too. I was just afraid I might cause some folks to faint if I included it all in one post!

I'm heeeere Kara !! I hope you didn't let Ellen near your"bouche"with a camera or we will have a new ITSK!!!!:lmao:

Oh, don't worry, you'll be in my TR.... it's titled "The 15 minutes of my life I can never get back....." :rotfl2:

I knew you'd love that I sent all snarks to your TR!!!! :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm heeeere Kara !! I hope you didn't let Ellen near your"bouche"with a camera or we will have a new ITSK!!!!:lmao:

Uh-oh....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :crazy2:

Oh, bum bag - I like that! So do tell..... what is a fanny???

Hhahhahahha ok maybe you don't really wanna know .. The word fanny is another word for ... how can i put it ... somewhere near what you call fanny and we call bum, your lady bits :rotfl: hence the word Fanny pack is sooooo not something one would ever want to have here :rotfl::rotfl:

No, instead she tormented Ally and made her do all sorts of thing so out of character! Like lying..... wait, she is becoming quite the little liar lately. OK, how about scheming with Pods...... wait, she is a good little schemer. OK, how about taking her picture when she was crying!!!! Yeah, not I'm Too Sexy Kara, but I'm Too Sad Ally, heretofore (cause I STILL love that word!) ITSA........

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Uh-oh....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. :crazy2:

See, now that just ain't right......

Hhahhahahha ok maybe you don't really wanna know .. The word fanny is another word for ... how can i put it ... somewhere near what you call fanny and we call bum, your lady bits :rotfl: hence the word Fanny pack is sooooo not something one would ever want to have here :rotfl::rotfl:

Ewwwwwwwwww! No more fanny packs!!! Ellen, what's that? Yeah, now you can say it......

No, instead she tormented Ally and made her do all sorts of thing so out of character! Like lying..... wait, she is becoming quite the little liar lately. OK, how about scheming with Pods...... wait, she is a good little schemer. OK, how about taking her picture when she was crying!!!! Yeah, not I'm Too Sexy Kara, but I'm Too Sad Ally, heretofore (cause I STILL love that word!) ITSA........

See, now that just ain't right......

Ewwwwwwwwww! No more fanny packs!!! Ellen, what's that? Yeah, now you can say it......[/QUOTE]

I believe that is referred to in some circles as an amused bouche! :snooty: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is that better than a bouche de Noel? (the french xmas log cake) Just keep laughing over the bouche comments.

I'm not trying to rush you, really. But..........ahem....TR update?

Awwww, you like me, you really like me!!!! Sally Field shout out......

Anywho, you just want to see the sparkly girls again, huh? OK, promise to get an update today......

Is that better than a bouche de Noel? (the french xmas log cake) Just keep laughing over the bouche comments.

Now we have two TRs confused - there is no BOUCHE in my TR - after all, Ally's innocent ears don't need to hear about that!

So after a no park day upon arrival, a quest for Diet Coke, and a heavenly slumber in my heavenly bed...... it was now time to hit the parks!!!

The alarm went off at 6:30am, because there is NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY!!!!!

We were out the door around 7:30 and made our way to the dock to catch the boat to DHS.

Now I must say, I love love LOVE the location of the Mahi Mahi. And when you're headed to DHS, you are the last stop, therefore (or would that be heretofore???) only a 5 minute ride to the park! :cool1:

Here's HOllywood herself, still sparkling!!!

DHS-boatinam.jpg

We just missed rope drop by about 2 minutes, so we were in good shape.

First things first. Must get fast passes for TSM!!!!

But Ally had other ideas. I let her help me plan our trips, even help plan the day once we get into the parks. She knows her way around and she knows when we need fast passes and when we need to wait stand by.

So she KNEW the importance of a TSM FP first thing in the morning.

But she's still 8. And, thankfully, the characters are still real so we just had to see them here! For the 103rd time in her young Disney life!!!!

DHS-MinnieAlly2.jpg

So risque!!!! If I walked around the park with my undies showing like that.... well, that's a sure sign that somebody is without their tent over at Fort Wilderness!

I will never complain when she wants to stop for a character pic. I know the day is coming when she will just blow them off and head to World Showcase to grab a drink or two. Wait, I have her confused with me!!!!! :rotfl2:

Anywho, heretofore....... we left Minnie and headed straight to......

DHS-ChipnDale.jpg

DHS-ChipnDale2.jpg

Were you not paying attention? Didn't I just say that characters were still a priority? Well then, c'mon! Stay with me here......

DHS-Pluto.jpg

AFter hamming it up with Pluto, we finally made our way to TSM and grabbed fast passes. We were due back around 10:30 so off we went to hit the biggies. RnR and ToT BABY!!!!!!

We cut through the walkway by HOllywood Brown Derby (where we are eating in December, so I wanted to check out the menu so I can act like I know what I'm doing then!), and of course as soon as Ally said, "Oh Mommy, look at that!" I had the camera out and ready for action!

DHS-Ally1.jpg

Did someone say sparkly???? Oh yeah, we've still got our sparkle!!!!

DHS-AllyMommy2.jpg

So as Ally was literally dragging me toward RnR, I made her stop for this. AFter which I was instructed "NO MORE PICTURES!"

Yeah, we'll see who wins THAT battle!

DHS-AllyTOT.jpg

First to ToT where the standby line was 15 minutes. There was a family in front of us with a little guy, he said he was 4 years old. Crying. Did NOT want to ride Tower of Terror. I tried to calm him down, and Ally did too. His mother just kept telling him he was going to ride it whether he wanted to or not. :scared1:

I felt so bad for the little guy, so we tried to tell him about it, and Ally told him she was about the same age he was when she first rode it - did I mention my child LIES!!!!! Although she did ride it her first trip to Disney when she was 5 and just barely 40 inches. And loved it!

So we make our way through the queue - is there better theming on any attraction at Disney? Hmmm.....

DHS-TOT1.jpg

DHS-TOT2.jpg

Sure signs of mousekeeping going downhill..... I think I need to give someone the number for my cleaning lady....... although I'm sure she would say that this sooooo resembles my house anyway!!!

When we were waiting, there was only one elevator opened. Right as we got up to that spot where you can go straight or go right, they opened up two more, so we zoomed right into a spot.

And the crying boy was in our elevator. Not happy. At all.

We did our thing. We laughed, we screamed, we giggled. We threw our hands in the air. And we dropped. Again and again.

And when we got off I looked at the little guy and he was..... LAUGHING!!!! HE LOVED IT! I thought he might but I still hated to see him so scared before.

We boogied out of ToT and headed straight to RnR where the wait was 10 minutes! SCORE!!!!

Ally claims she has never seen the Aerosmith preshow, so we stood right up by the glass so she could watch. And as I've said before, with all that botox I'm beginning to think that DUDE really DOES look like a lady!!!!

We were in our limo - better make it a SUPER stretch!!! Again, laughed, giggled, screamed, raised our hands..... well, you get the picture!

I used to HATE this roller coaster because I'm not a fan of the super take off. I much prefer to climb a hill and let gravity take over. But I literally had to learn to control my breathing on this and now I love it!

The first time I rode it I held my breath in the beginning and could not get it back until about halfway through the ride! It freaked me out and I swore I'd never ride again.

But 8 year olds have a way of guilting you into doing things...... like Mission Space! Remember that fiasco?????

After hitting the two biggies, Ally wanted to ride Star Tours and I was fine with this, AFTER I got some breakfast.

So off to Starring Rolls to wait in that madhouse! Ally always picks the first obnoxiously sweet and chocolatey thing she sees, then regrets it when she sees something even MORE obnoxiously sweet and chocolately. And of course this day was no exception.

I got a bagel with cream cheese and a hazelnut frozen latte. Then it happened. That which can ruin a day. Ruin a trip. Ruin a LIFE!!!!

The toaster broke. Yup, I had to eat a cold bagel. With even colder clumpy cream cheese. No crunchy, warm bagel on which the cream cheese could melt into creamy goodness. Nope. Cold. Chewy. But it did the trick.

I was full, and happy. Ally was covered in chocolate and equally happy.

And we were off to Star Tours.

DHS-ST1.jpg

DHS-ST2.jpg

I just read that ST is up for a renovation soon. It needs it. Although I do love that crazy droid captain!!! He makes me giggle. And then people look at me like crazy aunt Hilda. You know. The crazy cat lady? Yeah, THAT aunt!

In fact, so crazy that Jeff and I have decided to go to our neighborhood Halloween party as Princess Leia (no not in her slave outfit, much to Jeff's dismay and everyone else's joy!) and Luke Skywalker this year!!!! And Ally? Yoda. And not happy about it AT ALL!!!!! :rotfl2:

Afterwards, we had a little time to kill before we decided to catch American Idol. We were both looking forward to this - watching, that is.....

But first, look who was waiting for us!!!

DHS-Donald.jpg

See, no matter how many people are in line to see Donald, Ally is convinced each time she sees him that nobody is in line. And she feels bad for him. One time I asked him where Mickey was, and he stomped his feet, threw a big ole temper tantrum. And Ally was soooooo mad at me! She really believed that I hurt his feelings.

She's convinced that Donald gets the shaft at Disney. Stupid duck has gotten into her head.

Finally, we made our way into AI just as it was ready to begin..........

DHS-AI2.jpg

Here she is singing into her chocolate milk bottle. Which, luckily for all of us, is as close to a stage as she'll ever get to really singing. We hope. Are howler monkeys even allowed in a theater?

Up next, my take on American Idol and afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian! A PERFECT mother/daughter treat!

Another great update. Those characters sure can be distracting, huh?

Glad to hear the crying boy loved ToT. Too bad that he sounded near-traumatized beforehand.

Still laughing at the Mahi-Mahi Hotel. :lmao: It's so true!

I just LOLd so many times in that update, I don't know what was funniest! :rotfl2: I have made a pact with Timmy that we will both be doing TOT this next trip- we are both scared to death, but willing to take the risk!!!:lmao: Then I made him promise we'd go on RnRC together- he's never ridden that one. And i think he's gonna LOVE it!! But I am sure on both we are both gonna be as freaked as that little boy was before the rides start! :scared1:

And I really love the sparkly girls!:thumbsup2

Yaaaaay! Another update with the Sparkly Girls! :banana:

Aww, I love Ally! Gotta stop and take pictures with the characters, but then she's ready for some THRILL rides! She's adorable! :goodvibes

Hereforetoo I loved the update !!:thumbsup2And how's your "bouche"!! :lmao:Do you keep it in a 'Fanny "pack!!!:rotfl2:What did Elln do to poor Ally in those infamous 15 minutes :confused3

I LOVE the update! I LOVE Ally's character pics. More, more...popcorn::

Did you happen to get that 4 year old's name so that they can talk to my almost 12 yr old who won't ride TOT (or several other rides for that matter!:headache:)).

OK, no fanny pack...:sad2: I will not tell Darrin about the responses I got because he told me straight out - NO FANNY PACK.

I do need to look for a cute over the shoulder small wallet thingy to carry w/my over-sized obnoxious black camping backpack that cannot come off of my back every time I need to take out the park tickets for FP or for a quick tissue or piece of gum. It even has a compartment at the bottom for a raincoat for the backpack! I am the family pack mule. I will make Darrin carry it more often on this trip though, since it is solid black and not the embroidered Winnie the Pooh one I've carried in the past (the straps started to tear away:sad1:)....

I am just picturing Erin and Tessa's fanny pack.:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

check out shoe buy.com always has great deals. I have acoupon if you want it.

LOVE the updates. It helped cheer me up today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter