We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Yep, it seems they will deliver them to 'select table service restaurants' and to call for more details. Looks like that last picture was taken at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ? Oh my gosh, the little hearts on the i's are too cute!! I am trying to come up with the most kid friendly restaurant to have our cake delivered to and that just might be it! Outdoors, with a little room to move, off and on live entertainment! The only thing is, the kids we are bringing aren't mine and I do not know for sure that they'd enjoy the small menu. Anyone else run into that, or do your kids just eat and love it? I wish they offered a "picky eater alternative" so half of the kids could eat a snack pack instead...

Yep, it seems they will deliver them to 'select table service restaurants' and to call for more details. Looks like that last picture was taken at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ? Oh my gosh, the little hearts on the i's are too cute!! I am trying to come up with the most kid friendly restaurant to have our cake delivered to and that just might be it! Outdoors, with a little room to move, off and on live entertainment! The only thing is, the kids we are bringing aren't mine and I do not know for sure that they'd enjoy the small menu. Anyone else run into that, or do your kids just eat and love it? I wish they offered a "picky eater alternative" so half of the kids could eat a snack pack instead...
Yes that's where it was taken! Had no problems with the delivery at all! They brought it out when I asked, we took pics, and then cut everyone some and boxed up the rest. It was very good and fed all 5 in our group plus about 2 large pieces leftover :)

Oh boy! I didnt even think about that. Would it be bad if I ordered a cake for my birthday the day BEFORE my birthday? Thinking of making a dining ressie at Blue Bayou for us and our friends...

Oh boy! I didnt even think about that. Would it be bad if I ordered a cake for my birthday the day BEFORE my birthday? Thinking of making a dining ressie at Blue Bayou for us and our friends...

Haha, I think it would be awesome to order yourself a cake! Even more awesome if your loving significant other just did it for you... with minimal reminders...

Anyone who does order something soon, if you beat me to it, I would love to hear a list of flavors and frosting options and design choices available!

I called a couple nights ago and will regurgitate the information the best I can.

Cake Flavors: Vanilla, Chocolate, Carrot
Cake Filling: Chocolate Ganache, (Dark) Chocolate Mousse, I think some type of Strawberry.
Frosting: Whipped Cream, Vanilla Buttercream, Chocolate whipped/Chocolate Ganache maybe?

As far as design, I don't know that there was much of an option. They gave me a really long list of characters to choose from. We chose Ariel and were presented with three options of picture (one in a princess dress, one as a mermaid sitting on a rock, one as a mermaid playing with Flounder). Seriously, though, pretty much anything imaginable on the list of characters. They even had TRON characters... which, if it was for MY birthday would have been awesome. :) I'm asking my wife if she remembers more. If she does, I'll edit this.

Last edited:
I called a couple nights ago and will regurgitate the information the best I can.

Cake Filling: Chocolate Ganache, (Dark) Chocolate Mousse, I think some type of Strawberry.
Frosting: Whipped Cream, Vanilla Buttercream, Chocolate whipped/Chocolate Ganache maybe?

As far as design, I don't know that there was much of an option. They gave me a really long list of characters to choose from. We chose Ariel and were presented with three options of picture (one in a princess dress, one as a mermaid sitting on a rock, one as a mermaid playing with Flounder). Seriously, though, pretty much anything imaginable on the list of characters. They even had TRON characters... which, if it was for MY birthday would have been awesome. :) I'm asking my wife if she remembers more. If she does, I'll edit this.

And what did the pricing look like?

And what did the pricing look like?
Oh, that? Not sure why that's important.... :)

She offered a 6" Round cake first, which is what we wanted, so I didn't hear other options (if there were any). It's $34 plus tax, to be paid for with our bill at dinner. I mentioned that we'll have vouchers to pay for our character meals, and she said use those as payment and pay for the cake separately then.

Also, in case others want to know, the cake reservation was added to our dinner reservation, so I needed to have my reservation confirmation number ready. No additional credit card was needed for the cake reservation.

no strawberry, I asked :( I just called about a 6 inch cake too. They didn't give us the option of carrot, just chocolate and vanilla. It seems weird that they don't have clear info about this anywhere or a document that they can send you so that you can pick out what you want before you call. My son LOVES strawberry, her would have loved that. We ended up just picking everything chocolate with Lightning McQueen on it.

Oh, that? Not sure why that's important.... :)

She offered a 6" Round cake first, which is what we wanted, so I didn't hear other options (if there were any). It's $34 plus tax, to be paid for with our bill at dinner. I mentioned that we'll have vouchers to pay for our character meals, and she said use those as payment and pay for the cake separately then.

Also, in case others want to know, the cake reservation was added to our dinner reservation, so I needed to have my reservation confirmation number ready. No additional credit card was needed for the cake reservation.

Oh that! lol
Sounds like a decent price. I still feel weird about ordering my own cake for my own birthday. We made a late lunch rezzie for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, and I told DH that they have flourless chocolate cake (he is GF), so he's happy about that. But still, ordering my own cake seems kind of weird...

Oh that! lol
Sounds like a decent price. I still feel weird about ordering my own cake for my own birthday. We made a late lunch rezzie for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ, and I told DH that they have flourless chocolate cake (he is GF), so he's happy about that. But still, ordering my own cake seems kind of weird...

Nah, don't feel weird about it. My birthday is a few days after my daughter's, and if I cared, I'd order one for myself in a heartbeat. I kinda want to see how good the cake is first, though. :) If it's not great, I'll just buy an extra 2 or 3 or 8 churros.

Does anyone know if they'll deliver to the restaurants in DTD? We have a trip coming up with 3 birthdays and an anniversary and I think one of the B-Day girls is going to want her dinner at HOB.

I just ordered my cake to be delivered to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ a week from today! In addition to the flavors Xenorye listed above, I was also offered Red Velvet cake (she said Red Velvet and Carrot Cakes automatically come filled and frosted with cream cheese frosting) and vanilla custard filling.

My husband is one of those people who thinks all cake should be chocolate, so I went with chocolate cake, dark chocolate mousse filling, and whipped chocolate frosting. For the white chocolate character decoration, I asked if they had Luke Skywalker or Yoda. They did not have Luke, but they did have Yoda!

Hopefully it's delivery goes smoothly next week! I will report back with pictures and a review of the cake when I get home!

My daughter and I will both be celebrating birthdays on our next trip. A cake might be fun! Does anyone know if we could have leftover cake sent back to our hotel (we are staying at DLH)? I don't think I'd want to carry the leftovers around the rest of the day.

Are all the cakes just a character and banner stuck on the top? Or are there cuter options available? If so, does anyone have recent photos?

Forgot to report our experience at Carthay Circle. We have always had our custom cake delivered at Blue Bayou or Cafè Orleans in the past. This was my daughter's 16th birthday and she requested lunch at CC, so I decided to surprise her there.

We love ordering cakes, both at WDW and DL, but the persistent problem with DL is they never follow through with the surprise element. No reminding the hostess or server while the birthday boy or girl is using the bathroom seems to work.

I knew this problem going in and I wanted to do everything under my power for it not to happen this time. She wasn't expecting it because I had told her flat out we were not doing a cake since it was only 4 of us this trip. When we went to Carthay I reminded the hostess at check in. Then I went to the bathroom and reminded the server again of our cake.

It was our earlier intention to sit outside and enjoy Buena Vista street, but it was way too hot to sit outside that day. They put us in the little porch area next to the outside entrance. It is a very small dining room and I initially was disappointed in our seating, but didn't want to cause a fuss since I had already bothered them a couple of times about the cake. We were seated next to a couple celebrating an anniversary and also a large family who was so loud it bordered on rudeness. They let their small children bounce from booth to booth, totally ignoring their bad behavior. I have five kids, I sympathize with parents, but these parents were beyond clueless. I felt sorry for the anniversary couple.

Unfortunately our server was not very attentive. I warned her we were hot and thirsty and would probably drink our ice teas quickly. Our glasses sat empty for most of the meal. Food wasn't the best of our trip, but it was fine. Then came time for the cake. And I waited. And stalled. Finally took the dessert menu and hinted about maybe we should celebrate my daughter's special birthday. Nada.

Finally had to stop the hints since she stood there with the check. Once again, I had to explain to my confused party that we were waiting for a cake. The cake came and was placed in front of my daughter. No lit candle, no hoopla, nothing. I offered to sing to her myself, but the tight room and loud guests did not add to the atmosphere. It was actually quite comical. No forks, no plates, no knife...we wondered what we were expected to do. Blue Bayou usually lit the candle, sang, then brought the cake to the kitchen. They would bring back slices of cake. Cafe Orleans usually brought everything out for us. The servers at CO sang sometimes, but usually we were a large family and sang together. Cafe Orleans always brought out a beignet for the birthday kid. Carthay Circle just had us sitting there for 15 minutes. lol

The assistant server then wondered by and I said we were ready to eat the cake. She took it back to the kitchen and came out with slices. It was good as usual...chocolate, with chocolate mouse and chocolate icing.

The server did bring out the additional slices, pre-cut and in nice "to go" boxes.

Luckily on our last night, we went to Carnation Cafe to use my fireworks/2nd parade trick. My daughter didn't even wear her button that night, but I did mention to the server in passing that our trip was to celebrate her 16th birthday. All the servers came out and sang and gave her a cupcake. She said it was her favorite restaurant of the trip. Kudos to Carnation Cafe!

Here is a photo of the cake....

Last edited:
I ordered my daughter's cake for her 11th birthday dinner. I ordered her a chocolate cake with custard filling, chocolate whipped cream icing and Minnie on the top. Apparently I ordered EVERYTHING incorrectly. :sad2: She has a hard time making up her mind about choices so when I told her what the choices were, she was all, "Oh! I don't know.. should I go with spice or carrot?" For the record, she does not eat EITHER on a regular basis and I'd be stunned if she'd ever had a carrot cake in her life so far!

I also ordered my other daughter's surprise - it's Breakfast with the Princesses - so she's getting a personalized cupcake in a treasure box and she'd better be dang happy with it too! :crazy2:

:magnify: Opps! Here it is!

Yeesh, I hope for a smoother delivery! Was the cake on your bill already when she brought it? Did you get a chance to see?

I'm thinking we might order a fruit cobbler dessert from BTRBBQ also, so that would give me a bit of time after dinner to remind our waiter...

Do you prepay at BTMBBQ? I thought I might write a note and underline the cake charge if it's on the bill and they don't bring it out. If you do prepay, it might be nice because at least someone ringing us up would recognize the extra charge and maybe relay that to our server.

My daughter and I will both be celebrating birthdays on our next trip. A cake might be fun! Does anyone know if we could have leftover cake sent back to our hotel (we are staying at DLH)? I don't think I'd want to carry the leftovers around the rest of the day.

Are all the cakes just a character and banner stuck on the top? Or are there cuter options available? If so, does anyone have recent photos?

When I called this afternoon I was offered a 6 inch round, a 10 inch round, a Minnie or Mickey shaped head which was only available as a 10 inch, and a half and full sheetcake.

I have seen some beautiful cakes from WDW, where they have multiple bakeries with different styles and varying levels of detail. Still seems highly dependent on who takes your order, who will be producing the cake, but they are definitely a step up from DLR's options (but with a price tag to match)!

Maybe the larger cakes have more decorative options, I can't imagine a sad little white chocolate character and banner on a 10 inch or half sheet cake looking very good! But I can't imagine them fitting much more on a 6 inch round.

I can't wait to order a Duffy cake for my birthday in 3 months!! It's my 30th so it's even more special :) Luckily my little cousin (turning 6 the day before my birthday) loves Duffy too, cause we're sharing that cake ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter