• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Ooh I forgot all about this thread! I'm still considering ordering a cake for our upcoming trip, though I know my DH will roll his eyes (he's will think it's over the top) but he can get over it lol :rotfl: An anniversary is a good excuse for a Disney cake :thumbsup2

Looking forward to seeing the picture of your cake!

I live near Disneyland and recently had a Pixar themed party for my son. The cake decorator did an AMAZING job. I just had to share when I saw this thread. (Mind you the cake could have fed about 90 people and normally costs about $240-except I got a discount so it was less)

Attachments

• 10858538_363815297123623_7608106393498120643_n.jpg
    10858538_363815297123623_7608106393498120643_n.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Forgot to post our lastest Disneyland cake. I ordered a small custom cake with Duffy as the character choice. I scheduled to have the cake presented at Cafe Orleans at dessert time. Again, it was difficult to really make this a surprise. I reminded the hostess, but our server kept changing throughout the meal and I had to "spoil" the surprise by asking for the cake. The cake itself was delicious...chocolate with dark chocolate mouse filling. I got buttercream frosting because I thought it would go better with the cake theme.

DISNEYLAND%20JAN2015%20315.jpg

That's EXACTLY what I'm aiming for for my kids' birthdays while we're there. Do you mind telling us how much it cost so I can add it to my budget? And do they give you a choice of characters to put on top?

It was $36. Easily fed the seven of us with more than a quarter left. 72hours notice now, just give Dining a call for latest characters. They would not give me a list.

Do you have to be staying onsite to order a cake like in this thread? And can they be delivered in the parks (I read part of the thread and saw conflicting info on that)

I tried to look back but could not find the current contact information for ordering? I am interested in ordering one for an upcoming trip and wanted to get the options.

Aww man... I just thought about a b-day cake for my son and I am one day to late. I called and they can't do it. We are going with the extended family and they decided to celebrate his b-day while we are there(his b-day is May 1st). The CM on the phone did call over to the bakery and they said no.

Will they make gluten-free cakes? If so, has anyone tried one? GF can be hit or miss on taste!

Thanks!!

Will they make gluten-free cakes? If so, has anyone tried one? GF can be hit or miss on taste!
I had a GF Cinderella cake made for my b-day last August which was served at Storyteller's. It was vanilla with berries inside and a buttercream icing. It was absolutely beautiful. It wasn't the best cake I've ever had- a little dry, but it was good and made the occasion really special. If we ever do it again we'll try chocolate w/ chocolate mousse and berries. Yum! I ordered it a week or two before our trip- I don't have the info they sent me handy but I think I paid around $40 for one of the smaller cakes.

Just ordered a cake for DS's 4th birthday next week at Goofy's Kitchen. We ordered a 6" carrot cake which automatically comes with cream cheese filling and buttercream frosting. It will have a Planes topper similar to the Duffy one above. The price quoted was $34. I will post pics when we get it.

Do you have the current phone number for Disney Dining? I'm sure it's around here somewhere, but I can't find it... those small cakes look perfect! How many characters did they give you to choose from?

Here's the cake I ordered last month! Chocolate with white chocolate filling & chocolate frosting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 233
I want one, but we will be at Disneyland 2 weeks after my birthday.
We are celebrating my daughters birthday in Novemeber. I would love to order her one.
Do they only serve them at sitdown restaurants?

I guess I better go back and read all the posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter