• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We should start a Disneyland Cake Thread

Woohoo! I just got an e-mail back from vacation planning and the Mushu cake is a go.

My e-mail:

My daughter will be turning 16 in the spring, and we’ll be visiting Disneyland Resort to celebrate her special day from April 14th-20th 2013. I would like to have a special dinner with her at Ariel’s Grotto with the princesses, and have a custom cake made and delivered after dinner. Her favorite Disney movie is Mulan, and her favorite character is Mushu, so I would like to see if it’s possible to have a Mushu cake made for her. I know that it’s possible at Disney World, as I had originally planned to take her there for her birthday and had already looked into that, but she asked to go to Disneyland instead as it is her favorite park of all of the Disney resorts. I looked into the cake options on the website, but it just doesn’t seem as detailed as the WDW site. What I would like is an 8in white cake with buttercream filling and fondant covering in red and orange with Mushu and some other small details from the movie and “Happy Sweet 16 Emma” on top. Please let me know if this is possible and who I can talk to in order to discuss design elements and pricing. Thanks so much for your help, have a great day!

Their response:

Thank you for your e-mail.
This is definitely something we can do for your Daughter and sounds like a lot of fun! Please give us a call at your earliest convenience at (714) 300-7526, Option 2 and anyone in our office can help you discuss the details of this custom made cake.

So it can be done, I'm so excited! I told her that Disneyland doesn't have the ability to do custom cakes like WDW does, so it will be a total surprise. And if it doesn't go as planned she won't know the difference.

Here is the cake! It was really good even if it was fashionably late and hung out at Goofy's Kitchen for a night :lmao:

IMG_0195.jpg

sunshine76 said:
I just ordered our 6 inch Cinderella princess cake to be delivered to Big Thunder Ranch BBQ on 11/28/12 for DD's 7th birthday. I hope there are no issues.

Pls post back here to let us know how it goes. We'll be celebrating eldest DD's 16th b'day in DL & she's a HUGE NBC fan, so am hoping to get her a Jack Skellington Themed Cake while we're there from the 8-13 Dec. Any suggestions as to which restaurant we should do this at? Is it any better/different whether it's in the parks or at a resort?

Loving the DISBoards App on my iPhone

Woohoo! I just got an e-mail back from vacation planning and the Mushu cake is a go.

My e-mail:

My daughter will be turning 16 in the spring, and we’ll be visiting Disneyland Resort to celebrate her special day from April 14th-20th 2013. I would like to have a special dinner with her at Ariel’s Grotto with the princesses, and have a custom cake made and delivered after dinner. Her favorite Disney movie is Mulan, and her favorite character is Mushu, so I would like to see if it’s possible to have a Mushu cake made for her. I know that it’s possible at Disney World, as I had originally planned to take her there for her birthday and had already looked into that, but she asked to go to Disneyland instead as it is her favorite park of all of the Disney resorts. I looked into the cake options on the website, but it just doesn’t seem as detailed as the WDW site. What I would like is an 8in white cake with buttercream filling and fondant covering in red and orange with Mushu and some other small details from the movie and “Happy Sweet 16 Emma” on top. Please let me know if this is possible and who I can talk to in order to discuss design elements and pricing. Thanks so much for your help, have a great day!

Their response:

Thank you for your e-mail.
This is definitely something we can do for your Daughter and sounds like a lot of fun! Please give us a call at your earliest convenience at (714) 300-7526, Option 2 and anyone in our office can help you discuss the details of this custom made cake.

So it can be done, I'm so excited! I told her that Disneyland doesn't have the ability to do custom cakes like WDW does, so it will be a total surprise. And if it doesn't go as planned she won't know the difference.

Hey CamoMomma, were you able to get help with a cake?

I am looking for a Mickey Mouse Star Wars themed cake to celebrate my nephew's birthdays on March 12. They are turning 6 and we are having dinner at Goofy's Kitchen.

The CM on the dining line recommended I call an outside bakery b/c she said that DL cannot do this. I just find that hard to believe. :upsidedow

Anyone have any suggestions?

The prices quoted at the start of this thread are off. I ordered the 10 inch and it came to almost $84. ><. That includes gratuity - but I didn't expect it to be so much.

These cakes look super yummy, do you think that they would do a Stitch cake? :) I was looking at the options and he isn't on there, Chip and Dale aren't either. But is it possible that they would still be able to do one of those three characters? :)

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary over the weekend. And as part of the surprise, I had a nightmare before xmas themed cake delivered to our villa at GCH. According to the person I talked to, they couldn't do the characters, which, was fine with me. I sent him a couple "inspiration" photos. Also, it takes a while for the bakery to give an answer if they could do it or not, so give yourself AT LEAST 2 weeks before an event. (made me nervous).

Details:
6-inch
Chocolate cake
Dark Choc Mousse filling
Vanilla buttercream frosting
$39.00 + tax and service charge (?)

e12ef2a5-db83-4a4b-82fc-9b689f17bc43.jpg
[/IMG]

071928c4-bcb3-47bb-9ca0-17f6998ab7ee.jpg

d19c03f6-f73a-4a15-83ca-a7f44abd60eb.jpg

The verdict:
My husband loved it. And when we took it home for a little family gathering the next day, everyone was asking me about the cake. They all had a tiny slice and loved it. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Just popping back in to say that DSIL ended up ordering from off-site bakery and they delivered the cake to Goofy's for dinner.

DSIL called Goofy's to confirm that it would be acceptable and it was. Our waiter brought plates, candles and clean forks. He was super nice and got a nice tip as well!

The cake was a Mickey / Star Wars cake and we were very pleased!

JediMickeyCake.jpg

Just popping back in to say that DSIL ended up ordering from off-site bakery and they delivered the cake to Goofy's for dinner.

DSIL called Goofy's to confirm that it would be acceptable and it was. Our waiter brought plates, candles and clean forks. He was super nice and got a nice tip as well!

The cake was a Mickey / Star Wars cake and we were very pleased!

JediMickeyCake.jpg

Very cute! Do you know what bakery he used?

Also, curious if the cakes from Disney taste good.

232323232%7Ffp63584%3Enu%3D3285%3E5%3C4%3E577%3EWSNRCG%3D384497886%3A32%3Cnu0mrj

Sorry this took me forever to post this pic. This was the birthday cake we ordered last October. We had it delivered to Ariel's Grotto and had no problems or mix ups.

Hi! I have a few questions.

Would a 6 inch cake serve 6? I am assuming they would be small pieces...which is fine.

Can the cake be delivered to Blue Bayou?

Do they charge any added fees for this?

Thank you :goodvibes

I am wondering the same thing... what are the delivery fees to have a cake delivered to your hotel room? We are hoping to stay at the DLH. If we aren't able to stay there... do they deliver to Good Neighbor Hotels? Also, are the cakes good? They sure look yummy from the pictures and so so cute!! Is there a website of cake designs and prices? I searched but can't seem to find it. Thanks!!!! :)

just jumping in here with a side note about off-site bakeries (I am a cake designer with a small custom bakery in AZ). Disney is one of the strictest enforcers of copyright infringement in using their trademark characters, so if you talk to a baker who won't do a disney © image they have good reason not to. You will still see so many images of © cake themes in bakeries, but disney has contacted bakers more often than any other corporate entity with cease notifications. The safest way to get a disney theme cake without using specific characters is to purchase the characters and place them on a themed cake. Say a Toy Story cake can have the colors and patters of the toy story franchise: yellow and red shirt, denim, Andy's bedroom, and then you put on your own Woody, Buzz and friends.

Ty for the picture of the Jack skellington cake...gave me great idea for my son's 21st bday party at Blue bayou on the 28th of this month. Perfect ty again :cool1:
shyboy72's fiance here for another hack on his account :) these cakes i am
going to show you we had bought while in the park. the first is the Flying
Dutchman at the Blue Bayou. The second is a Jack Skellington cake from a
place in New Orleans. The last cake is from goofy's kitchen from the princess
package we got for my cousin for her 20th birthday:) mmmmmmm !

disney6.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

thanks for looking !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter