~We seldom report of having eaten too little~ w/ PICS! ~ UPDATE: New Thread Started!

I had the pomegranate kir two nights in a row. The first night it was in the tall skinny flutes. The second it was in the shorter light up flute. I asked them and they said the pour is the same. I tested in my room. It is :thumbsup2

Then all is right with the world. :laughing:

Sigh...I miss Macaroni Grill...they had the best Italian nachos ever! Sadly they closed all the ones around here.....

*Drumroll* Dessert was the famous 'Ohana bread pudding :goodvibes
ry%3D400

OMG!!! Are you saying you can get OHANA BREAD PUDDING at Kona????:lovestruc

TinkerBelle_325 -- just a reminder that we need a picture of the new Maya Grill and Pepper Market menus. Thanks! :)

Hi All!

Another quick update.

We ended up at Le Cellier for lunch! :goodvibes My DMom made an ADR there without my knowing about it :lovestruc
ry%3D400

So we all started with the Cheddar Cheese Soup
ry%3D400

DMom had the Chicken Caesar Salad (which was a HUGE portion!)
ry%3D400

DDad had the Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich
ry%3D400

And I went off-menu and had then make me the Maple BBQ Filet with Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes :love:
ry%3D400

For dessert we split the Maple Creme Brulee
ry%3D400

Dinner tonight was at the California Grill :woohoo: We checked in right on time and requested a window table. By the time we got up the elevator our buzzer went and we were whisked to a lovely table with this view.
ry%3D400

Place Setting
ry%3D400

DMom & DDad each had a glass of Hess Estate Collection Cab Sauv '05 ($20)
ry%3D400

I had a glass of Conundrum ($13)
ry%3D400

DDad and I shared two sushi rolls. The Shrimp Tempura - mango, watermelon, tempura shrimp and orange ginger sauce (off-menu $20)
ry%3D400

And the Spicy Kazan - Crab, Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna and Fireball Sauce ($20)
ry%3D400

Warm Sourdough Bread with Sea Salted Butter
ry%3D400

DMom had the Summer Salad with California Peaches, Candied Pecans, Point Reyes Blue Cheese, and Raspberry Vinaigrette ($13)
ry%3D400

For entrees, DDad had the Seared Ostrich Filet with Buttery Potato Puree, Wild Mushrooms, Globe Carrots, Fig and Honeyed Port Reduction ($36)
ry%3D400

DMom had the Wild Sockeye Salmon with Hearts of Palm, Heirloom Tomatoes, Avacado, Charred Red Onion Vinaigrette ($38)
ry%3D400

I had the Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Button Mushrooms, and Zinfandel Glaze ($32)
ry%3D400

For any scotch lovers, my DDad's generous pour of 12 year Glenlivet ($10.25)
ry%3D400

For dessert we all shared, Valrhona Chocolate Cake
ry%3D400

And the Banana Creme Brulee
ry%3D400

It was a wonderful meal as always :goodvibes

I also picked up the menu, listed below:

BRICK OVEN FIRED FLATBREADS
Triple Cheese...Pecorino, Asiago and Provolone with Sun-dried Tomato and Arugula Pesto $11
Oak Grilled Flank Steak with Roasted Sweet Corn Relish, Tillamook Smoked Cheddar and Micro Cilantro $14
"BLT" with Heirloom Tomatoes, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Provolone, Crisp Romaine and Lemon Aioli $14
Black Mission Fig and Serrano Ham Flatbread with Ricotta Salata, Sweet Onions and Micro Cilantro $14

SUSHI
Yellowfin Tuna Three ways....Poke, Tartare, and Tataki $21
Sashimi...Yellowfin Tuna, Salmon and Hamachi $19
"Snake in the Grass"...Barbecue Eel with Shrimp Tempura, Avocado and Cucumber $22
Tempura "Malibu" Roll...Halibut, Cobia, Hamachi, Tuna Tartare and Spicy Sesame Sauce $19
Crab and Beef "Oscar" Roll...Jumbo Lump Crab, Seared Rare Beef Filet and Spicy Tarragon Sauce $20
Spicy Kazan Roll...Crab, Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna and Fireball Sauce $20
California Roll...Jumbo Lump Crab with Avocado and Cucumber $20
Yoshie's Deluxe Sushi Platter...Maki and Nigiri $25

FIRST COURSE
Heirloom Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella, Red Onion, Micro Basil and Minus 8 Reduction $15
Maine Lobster Risotto and Midnight Moon Goat Cheese, Lobster Oil and Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc $18
Poached Shrimp and Melon Salad with Watermelon Gelee, Serrano Ham, Vanilla Vinaigrette and Frisee $15
Hearts of Romaine and Roasted Garlic Dressing, Marinated Artichokes, Olives, Aged Parmesan and Croutons $10
Summer Salad with California Peaches, Candied Pecans, Point Reyes Blue Cheese and Raspberry Vinaigrette $13
Brentwood Sweet Corn Bisque with Corn and Bacon "Hushpuppies" and Cumin Creme Fraiche $10
Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomato, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms and Basil $13

MAIN COURSE
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Goat Cheese Polenta, Button Mushrooms and Zinfandel Glaze $32
Pan-roasted Pacific Halibut Fillet with "Stir-fry" Vegetables, Sticky Rice, and Ginger-Soy-Hijiki Broth $35
Black Grouper with Gnocchi, Wild Mushrooms, Bacon, Almonds, Edamame, Grilled Romaine, Vidalia Soubise $35
Seared Ostrich Filet with Buttery Potato Puree, Wild Mushrooms, Globe Carrots, Fig and Honeyed Port Reduction $36
Crispy Chicken with Heirloom Tomtao-Herb Chevre Tart, Corn and Chorizo Succotash, Fava Puree, Sherry Jus $32
Hand-cut Whole Wheat Linguine with Summer Squash, Eggplant, Broccoli Raab, Goat Cheese, Tomato Ragu $26
Wild Sockeye Salmon with Hearts of Palm, Heirloom Tomatoes, Avocado, Charred Red Onion Vinaigrette $38
Oak-fired Filet of Beef with Warm Yukon Potato Salad, Harricot Vert, Mustard Vinaigrette, Teriyaki Barbecue Sauce $44

DESSERTS
Sweet Celebration "Peaches and Cream"...California Peaches, Dulce de Leche Cake and Panna Cotta $11
Blueberry & Lemon...Blueberry Clafoutis with Salted Blueberry Caramel Sauce, Lemon Sorbet and Pistachio Cookie $11
Banana Creme Brulee...An interpretation of classic Banana Cream Pie with Creme Brulee, Toasted Meringue and Walnut Biscotti $11
Valrhona Chocolate Cake and Cherries...Warm Chocolate Cake with Molten Center, House-made Cherry Swirl Ice Cream and Balsamic Macerated Cherries $12
"Trio of Temptation"...Cheesecake with Pistachio Cookie and Chocolate Banana Sauce, White Chocolate Mousse with Passion Fruit Puree, and California Strawberries with Mojito "Sabayon" $11
Black Walnut and Chevre Cheesecake...Laura Chenel Cheesecake with Crushed Black Walnuts, crisp Almond Cookie and Seasonal Berries $11

Are you telling me the maple BBQ filet is back at Le Cellier??? If so I am a dead woman because that is Todd's favorite meal and I didnt book a LC meal for our Oct trip!

Ah the Conundrum and the pork with polenta....such an incredible meal

Are you telling me the maple BBQ filet is back at Le Cellier??? If so I am a dead woman because that is Todd's favorite meal and I didnt book a LC meal for our Oct trip!

Someone is in trouble!!!! :rotfl2::lmao:

You best be getting online and trying to get an ADR for LeCellier, my dear! You can do it...I did and my trip is sooner than yours.

Great update. The food in California Grill really looks good. I love the pictures and the rest of the menu that you have included. Thanks again for sharing,

No the maple filet isn't on the menu. But they still have the maple BBQ sauce and cream cheese mashed potatoes so you can ask them to make it!

your report is driving me insane :upsidedow, I can't wait for my trip! CG looks amazing, and your piccies in LC are perfect, so many of us have problems taking photo's as the lighting is is low - well done you!

Oh, looks like some great food so far :thumbsup2

CG menu seems a bit different from when we went in 2007 - at least the desserts look new :lmao:

Looking forward to more :yay:

Maple BBQ Fillet? :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: <--- Imagine this as my tastebuds dancing just at the thought of such a thing:goodvibes

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday :sad2:

But the good news is that there will be two today!! :goodvibes

We went offsite for lunch yesterday to the California Pizza Kitchen at the Mall at Millenia.

DMom had the Margarita Pizza - mozzarella, tomatoes and basil on thin crust honey wheat crust
ry%3D400

DDad had a basic pepperoni pizza on regular thin crust
ry%3D400

And I had the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza on regular crust
ry%3D400

We absolutely love this chain and try and go here at least once a trip :thumbsup2

Dinner was at Tokyo Dining. We arrived at 8pm and my god was it busy! Between the check-in for Teppan Edo and for Tokyo Dining the lobby was slammed.

We were seated at 8:35pm, 25 minutes after our ADR, but at a beautiful window table so the wait was well worth it :cloud9:

Here is the place setting
ry%3D400

DMom & DDad each had a Kirin Light
ry%3D400

I had the Mt. Fuji - pineapple juice, sprite, blue curacao and tequila
ry%3D400

DMom started with the Garden Salad with Ginger Dressing
ry%3D400

DDad and I each had the Shrimp Cocktail with Wasabi Cocktail Sauce
ry%3D400

We also shared an order of Edamame
ry%3D400

DDad and I ordered sushi to share. A Spicy Tuna Crunch Roll and some Shrimp and Tuna Nigiri
ry%3D400

And a Dynamite Roll - California Roll topped with Wasabi Mayo, Wasabi Caviar, Tuna and Salmon Sashimi
ry%3D400

DMom had the Chicken Terriyaki
ry%3D400

This was a lovely meal, with a great view of Illuminations. :yay:

Tonight I will update with Wolfgang Puck Express and The Wave!

just subscribed to the thread ... love it so far although it is making me hungry :lmao:

Can't wait to get to WDW on Oct 24th ... it will be our first trip there with our DD .... and will also mark the first time my DW and I eat at Cali Grill -> I've wanted to eat there for so long now (and MIL is coming on the trip and babysitting).

Super excited to try the Spicy Kazan Roll and Shrimp Tempura Roll

Hope the rest of your trip is going well!

And the Spicy Kazan - Crab, Shrimp, Bay Scallops, Tuna and Fireball Sauce ($20)
ry%3D400

:cool1: I can't wait to go here on my next trip.

Quick question...what is that on top of the rolls? I keep seeing pics of these spicy rolls and I just can't figure out what's on top.

TIA! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter