We HAVE to go back! And for the Holidays this time! We leave tomorrow!!!

Yay re: CRT!!! My DH and I enjoyed a lovely breakfast there a few years ago. Emma is going to LOVE it!!

Cape May is great too. We loved it so much for dinner back in '09, that we are going again this December. I love seafood!!

I've been a bad DISer too. I am terrible with people's PTRs. Your day plans are looking good! I forget and I'm too lazy to look (see? bad DISer) did you try and were you able to get an ADR for BoG?

Hey Amanda!!

I'm finally here! I had no idea you had a ptr or trip planned. We will be there Dec 15-18! We are staying at beach club villas. I'm do excited for you all and this being Emma's first trip!! Your plans look great do far and don't worry I constantly change our dining around too!

Sounds great! Please do a TR or at least let me know how CRT goes and is. We are hoping to take DD for the her birthday trip in May.

Yay re: CRT!!! My DH and I enjoyed a lovely breakfast there a few years ago. Emma is going to LOVE it!!

Cape May is great too. We loved it so much for dinner back in '09, that we are going again this December. I love seafood!!

I can't wait for CRT!!! :banana: Emma is strating to recognize the princesses (we even have a Cinderella barbie), so hopefully she'll really enjoy seeing them live!

I know we're doing tons of buffets, but Cape May does look yummy! Although I heard they got rid of the oreo desserts! :worried: Guess I can do what others have done and just simply "ask" for a few!

I've been a bad DISer too. I am terrible with people's PTRs. Your day plans are looking good! I forget and I'm too lazy to look (see? bad DISer) did you try and were you able to get an ADR for BoG?

Ha! Don't worry about it! And I thought about getting reservations for BOG, but the dinner menu didn't have to much to offer for Emma. Yes, she's a very pick 2 year old. I'm hoping we'll stop by for a lunch so I can check out the place. I know I'll probably kick myself for not getting an ARD there, but there's always next trip! ;)

Hey Amanda!!

I'm finally here! I had no idea you had a ptr or trip planned. We will be there Dec 15-18! We are staying at beach club villas. I'm do excited for you all and this being Emma's first trip!! Your plans look great do far and don't worry I constantly change our dining around too!

Hey! We'll be there on a few of the same days!! I know y'all get there on the 15th, but we'll be over in Epcot if you guys wanna meet up!! :wave2:

And I'm holding out for even more ARD changes! :lmao: I need help...

Sounds great! Please do a TR or at least let me know how CRT goes and is. We are hoping to take DD for the her birthday trip in May.

Oh for sure!! TR are the best way to relive the magic...at least til I can start planning our next trip!!

Hey everyone! The countdwon is on and I am soooooooooo excited! :woohoo:

To cure my trip anxiety I decided to invest in some pin trading. It seems like a fun experience to trade with CMs. Has anyone reading done this? How many pins did you start out with? I bought 25, hopefully that's enough. Also, do I need to buy a specific type of lanyard? I have a few from other events (conventions and such). Would those work?

Home front drama. Emma has officially decided to not take to the potty. :headache: This has been going on since late July. Y'all, I have tried every trick in the book. I was pushing it so hard because of the preschool program she was in (basically the kids have to be trained in this class otherwise they go back to more of a Mommy's Day Out set vs Preschool). I was pretty bummed, but the director has decided to work with us and allow Emma to stay for half days until she gets officially gets it. :dance3: I know some of y'all don't get the headache this is, but I was so frustrated. Just glad some of the pressure is off me, now hopefully Emma will get it soon! :thumbsup2

Other almost-was drama. J came home last week and mentioned he was concerned about asking for the few days off work. He actually had me thinking we might be able to go! :scared1::( I actually posted about this on the forums and got an interesting response. A lot of folks seemed to think I was being ridiculous to have my DH ask for a few days off because he thought his job might have been in jeopardy (just fyi, J needs to be a pessimistic worry wort that will occassionally jump to the absolute worst conclusion). Most of the people who commented were kind of harsh in that suggesting teachers shouldn't take personal time for trips unless it was for a wedding or a death. :guilty: One of J's friends talked to him and gave him the encouragement he needed to ask for those few days off. We both understood that the worst thing that could happen was he would say no. Then we'd have to replan for another trip, another time.
ANYWAY, J went and asked today and gues what?

WE'RE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::dance3::cheer2:

I am so excited about this! There was seriously a day or two there last week where I felt like I was mourning this trip that wouldn't happen! But now we are officially going (again!) and J can officially get excited with me!!!! :woohoo:

Those few days of anticipation and fear will definitely help me appreciate this trip a little more!

And one more change of plans to our trip. No major ARD changes (yet!). No resort changes. No park changes. What's the big change?

We're expecting another baby! :jumping1:

We've been trying for almost a year and things (like they say) happen when you stop trying. I'm due in March which will put me at about 27 weeks when the trip comes around. J was initially concerned since we went before and I was prego. Granted I did have kind of a rough time because it was August (hot!) and I couldn't ride the big stuff. But I reminded him we probably wouldn't have ridden may "big" rides because Emma can't, and this trip is about her! princess: I'm also grateful it won't be quite as hot as when we've gone before in the summer (hot, sticky, big and pregnant wouldn't be fun).

So, as y'all can tell, there's been a few things going on over here that's kept me from posting. Any words of wisdom about anything would be grately appreciated! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!! :grouphug:

I cant believe diser's gave you a hassle:confused: shame on them everyone on here should understand sometime's if we want a disney trip we have to take it when we can. I guess their not true diser's are they:confused3 I approve almost any means of getting a trip ;) blackmail,bribery,begging,taking off from work do they not understand what can happen to a pregnant women if she doesnt get what she wants:eek: total melt down with lots of tears;) I'm enjoying your report and my family and are headed to the world dec.22nd the only time we could go because our son is a senior this year and cant miss school:rolleyes1but my hubby and I are taking off from work.

We're expecting another baby!

Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!
:)
And congrats on the confirmation of your trip as well! What a great day for you!

I just found your PTR and wanted to pop in to say hi!

Plans all sound great, and I can't wait to read about Emma's first trip to the world. Also wanted to congratulate you on your news! :goodvibes

I cant believe diser's gave you a hassle:confused: shame on them everyone on here should understand sometime's if we want a disney trip we have to take it when we can. I guess their not true diser's are they:confused3 I approve almost any means of getting a trip ;) blackmail,bribery,begging,taking off from work do they not understand what can happen to a pregnant women if she doesnt get what she wants:eek: total melt down with lots of tears;) I'm enjoying your report and my family and are headed to the world dec.22nd the only time we could go because our son is a senior this year and cant miss school:rolleyes1but my hubby and I are taking off from work.

I know! I've seen and read about harsh treatment on the Boards. Granted this wasn't "harsh", but it was still a little rough. And I totally appreciate (and agree!) with your support! Suffice it to say I would not put us into major debt (or allow J to lose his job) for a trip to Disney. But if we can do it, we should! :thumbsup2

That's wonderful you guys are getting to go over the holidays! I know that will be us some day with our kiddos. My whole thinking sometimes is: are they going to remember those few days they missed of school or the awesome time they had at Disney? :duck:

Wonderful news! Congratulations!!!
:)
And congrats on the confirmation of your trip as well! What a great day for you!

Thank you so much!! For both! ;)

I have another doctor's appointment next week and hate the feeling between them. Just like to check and make sure things are going ok! :goodvibes

And it is soooooo wonderful because J came home today and was actually excited to talk about Disney! :hyper2: I can finally tell him all the details! Well, not all... yet!

I just found your PTR and wanted to pop in to say hi!

Plans all sound great, and I can't wait to read about Emma's first trip to the world. Also wanted to congratulate you on your news! :goodvibes

Hi Danielle! :wave:

Thanks so much! We are so excited to see her face! I've been prepping her by showing her pictures of the castle and always pump her up at the beginning of Disney movies, "Look! Look! There it is! There's Disney World!" Is that bad?? :rolleyes1

Congrats!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

And yeah to DH being able to take the days off. We almost had a chance that our trip would have to be cancelled, so I understand the momentary fear!

Congrats on expecting another bundle of joy!!!!

Glad everything worked out for you to still go on this trip!!!!! :goodvibes

Congrats!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

And yeah to DH being able to take the days off. We almost had a chance that our trip would have to be cancelled, so I understand the momentary fear!

Thank you!! So far, so good. Got a few months to go! ;)

And I remember reading that in your PTR. :sad2: Ugh, just the thought of cancelling made me sick to my tummy. I am so glad that your DH's job situation will allow for y'all to go, too!!

Congrats on expecting another bundle of joy!!!!

Glad everything worked out for you to still go on this trip!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks!! :goodvibes

And me, too! Now that J can get excited about it I can actually blab about most of the trip and my excitement! :hyper: Too bad we still have about 70 days to go :rolleyes:

Leave me to look over the DIS and who knows what could happen? Well today, I'm glad I did! On one of the threads I learned that the Wishes Dessert Party was available to book for December! I've read reviews and thought it might be fun. I mean, having a viewing area with all you can eat desserts. DUH!! So I called and....

WE GOT IT!!!!!​

That's right! The night of our MVMCP we get to watch Wishes from the Tomorrowland Terrace with more desserts than I care to think about! :dance3: Put a 6 month pregnant woman in front of tons of desserts and there could be trouble! :rotfl2: I just like the thought of having that area incase it's a little crowded at MK that evening (hopefully not!).

Now I told y'all I wasn't even close to done making changes. Still looking for some ARD changes, so we'll see. :rolleyes2:

Less than 2 months til our trip! I can't believe it!!!! :cheer2::cool1::hyper::yay::woohoo:
Emma is actually starting to ask if we can go to Disney World! Ha! Guess I've officially mentioned it enought... :rolleyes1

Things seem to always be crazy around here! Whenever I get the chance to log on to the DIS, it's usually for a few minutes at a time. So not long enough to make a decent post. In other words, sorry for being a not-so-great Diser with this PTR :guilty:

I wanted to post a pic of the pins that I got and see what everyone thought. Granted, they're a little hard to see, but you might get the idea.
photo.jpg

I've decided to keep the few in the top right hand corner: the FP, Ariel's castle, Dead Men Tell No Tales, and the pretty black and white Mickey head (does this represent something? I've seen it before but not sure if it's just a pretty one or if it has some significance :confused3). Anyway, maybe I can get some trades. I'm not looking to collect pins at this point or anything. I just thought it might be a fun way to interact with people, especially CMs. This trip is definitely gonna be more laid back, so why not!

Also, I started a collection of goodies to give Emma each morning. Ya know, her Tink gifts! So far I've collected a few glow wands, some Minnie bows, and Tink nail polish. Not sure what else I should look for...Any ideas?

And to tie into Emma, not sure if I mentioned this already, but Emma and I are actually taking an early flight on the 12th and J will fly out after work. So here I am, braving a flight with a first-time-flying toddler! :scared: ANY TIPS!?!?! I'm planning on taking my phone and IPad fully charged with shows and movies. What snacks do you think will be good to help with ear popping since she can't chew gum. Ugh, and then we have to think about the fun time once we get to MCO! I really hope it'll be a quick trip to the hotel and with check in! :flower3:

In other (great!) news, I had a doctor's appointment last week. First off, the baby is healthy! The blood work came back good and the ultrasound looked fabulous! Now, what are we having, you might ask?

:scratchin

It's a BOY!!!!!!

Now we have one of each!! :rotfl: It was funny because I had "that" feeling all along that it was a boy. Of course I would have been perfectly happy with another little princess princess:, but I think it will be wonderful to have a son! J loves having a little girl, but as he said "I got my girl so now I'll be happy with either." It'll be nice having a little mix in the house. And as I've always said, since Emma adores her dad, it'll be nice to have a momma's boy :upsidedow

8 weeks until we leave! Holy Cow!!!! That's only 56 days!!!!! Come on Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then DECEMBER!!! :bitelip:

Congrats on your baby boy! :) When are you due?

Your trip is going to be here before you know it!

Congrats on your baby boy! :) When are you due?

Your trip is going to be here before you know it!

Thank you!! :goodvibes He's due mid-March, although Emma was 2 weeks early so you never know (these babies have minds of their own!).

I know, I'm so excited!!:hyper:

How wonderful - a boy! I am so happy for you!
A dear friend with two boys of her own always said to me before I had my son, "There is just something about a mom and her boys" and she was right. And a girl and a boy is wonderful too - you lucky mum! :thumbsup2
Congratulations!!!!

Congrats on a boy!! Very exciting! I lovey boy and he is for sure a mama's boy. Boys are so sweet and fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How wonderful - a boy! I am so happy for you!
A dear friend with two boys of her own always said to me before I had my son, "There is just something about a mom and her boys" and she was right. And a girl and a boy is wonderful too - you lucky mum! :thumbsup2
Congratulations!!!!

Thank you so much! I've heard that same phrase from other moms. I think it'll be a lot of fun for Emma to have a brother who can tame the drama that is already beginning. :rolleyes2
We certainly feel blessed to have one of each! :cloud9:

Congrats on a boy!! Very exciting! I lovey boy and he is for sure a mama's boy. Boys are so sweet and fun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you! I sure hope so! Emma is such a daddy's girl, it'll be nice to have a little one that wants to cuddle with me! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter