We had a Disney December, Bahamian Xmas, NYC NYE and then some!! COMPLETED!

Day 9 - Islands of Adventure & Suess Land

We started the day with breakfast at the Hard Rock Hotel club. I was really liking the Oatmeal and they had bagels, croissants and half decent filtered coffee. We took a few bottles of water for the day and off we went. We walked over today as we had just missed a boat. It was a short but nice walk.

We started the day at Islands of Adventure and over to Suess land, where on of DS fave One Fish Two Fish (Dumbo + some shooting water!). It was another cracking day, with blue skies all around. It was also quite warm which was good as we expected we would get very wet today. We ran into Capt America and had a couple of photos taken. The over to Toon Lagoon and our favourite ride, Popeye and Bluto’s Barges. DS & I rode it 4 times with Express pass. We got soaked but that’s half the fun. While I was wet I thought I would go and ride the Jurassic Park Ride for another big splash.

DSC_0176_zpsixoalpgh.jpg

DSC_0183_zpsi484ltt1.jpg

DSC_0200_zpstwchsdzo.jpg

DSC_0180_zpshivmidwc.jpg

DSC_0182_zpsj2k9ucb6.jpg

DSC_0184_zpsqu4smcch.jpg

DSC_0185_zpstcfk9pjz.jpg

DSC_0179_zpszx5mdnj5.jpg

DSC_0177_zpsvuofdh8y.jpg

DSC_0189_zpsrlddsyrv.jpg

DSC_0192_zpshndueyop.jpg

DSC_0198_zpsn947gcvz.jpg

We were going to see the Grinchmas but we had a bit more time before the show so we rode One Fish Two fish again. When DS was getting off the ride one of his thongs got caught and fell off into the water below. He was wearing thongs because our shoes had got soaked on the Barge ride that I mentioned we rode 4 times earlier. Anyway we told the ride attendant and after they realising we meant a “flip-flop’, they looked and couldn’t see it anywhere. They had to call a ride technician. After a little while he came and looked also but they still couldn’t find it. We were about to leave and then they checked one of the filter inlets and there it was

DSC_0207_zpsmggiur4b.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsqhatwa9r.jpg

Day 9 - Islands of Adventure part 2 The Grinchmas

Then off to line up for the Grinchmas. The line was long and it was out in the open, not much could really be done about it we all just had to wait. Eventually we got in and took our seats. I have never been that much aof a fan of the movie adaptations of the Dr Suess books, but DS & DW like them and this show was quite entertaining. I haven’t actually seen the movie the Grinchmas, but DS tells me this show was a condensed version of that, so I will take his word for it.

DSC_0221_zpsgkin7dyt.jpg

DSC_0223_zpszqcwxh0i.jpg

DSC_0224_zpsjs3xfike.jpg

DSC_0218_zpsc3svhubv.jpg

DSC_0231_zpsgjsb2hcc.jpg

DSC_0228_zpsxy6kgzwd.jpg

DSC_0217_zpsqnoqhcbk.jpg

DSC_0222_zps07mfpxet.jpg

DSC_0236_zpsi1tqfadd.jpg

DSC_0234_zpszgdwmfux.jpg

A new attraction being built. King Kong
IMG_1592_zpsvmnmtu4b.jpg

Day 9 cont.. 100 Years of Movies & USO After dark

After this we went back to the hotel for a little downtime . We headed back to the Parks that evening for one of the evening shows which was 100 year Celebration of the Movies. This was projected onto a screen of water and done quite well , definitely worth a look. We wandered around with the streets facades lit up

This was in the Emack & Bolio’s marketplace at the hotel, which was like a convenience store and also had a ice cream/milkshake counter
DSC_0252_zpsdzupv0ld.jpg

DSC_0254_zps0t1u3knl.jpg

DSC_0253_zps2bjuriul.jpg

DSC_0262_zps0fuhl7b3.jpg

DSC_0259_zps5cgypbek.jpg

DSC_0257_zpsmgqmvxxd.jpg

DSC_0255_zpskwfsdsiv.jpg

DSC_0264_zpsbdzrfslb.jpg

DSC_0267_zpsvaux7t5t.jpg

DSC_0271_zpseuprovlg.jpg

DSC_0276_zpsx0wjulsn.jpg

DSC_0269_zps1zsebhdj.jpg

DSC_0265_zpsx6qw2muk.jpg

DSC_0277_zpsn09epuqe.jpg

DSC_0279_zpsiga4kvwy.jpg

DSC_0273_zpsakg9jotu.jpg

Rusty
DSC_0283_zps9emprzax.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsnscgwjxn.jpg

DSC_0299_zpsvw3plnu2.jpg

DSC_0301_zpspggh1i4y.jpg

DSC_0296_zpse5slogcj.jpg

DSC_0305_zpsrpc06imd.jpg

Had some great pizza here
DSC_0317_zpsgk3c1j9f.jpg

Biggest Scooby I’ve ever seen
DSC_0320_zpshvgqffhn.jpg

For The Godfather fans (like myself)
DSC_0325_zpsze0xp85u.jpg

DSC_0326_zpsing28qzk.jpg

DSC_0322_zpst51kbwe9.jpg

Big Grover
DSC_0323_zpsa0gezkzc.jpg

Last edited:

Love this mega trip report!

Thank you for sharing! I'm loving the report and stunning images :)

Thank you both for saying. I am glad you are both enjoying the report & the pictures. I'm doing my best to get through. I don't want to make it sound like a chore as it isn't, because I love reliving it and looking at the photos again and typing it up, but it taking me longer than I would like. Poor @Travel Mum has been waiting so patiently for me to get to BWV, not far now!!

Last edited:
I'm enjoying your report, your photos are great.
We were over there similar time to you, we left on Nov 22nd and returned Dec 15th. We went to Universal Orlando first and they didn't have any of the Macy's floats up or the parade etc, must just be in December maybe? Shame, I would have loved that.
I really need to do a trip report one of these days!

Day 10 – Last day at USO - HP, An Offer I couldn't refuse, Jaws & a Flux Capacitor

Our last day at USO saw us start again with breakfast and some good conversation at the Hard Rock Club. I have heard they are making this club bigger, which would be an advantage, but we still really enjoyed it. I am not sure if I have said too much about it , considering it has probably been a little while since I’ve posted I will restate my thoughts on the Hard Rock Club. For us, we loved it. We like a little bit of extra attention or service and convenience, that’s just something we enjoy. The offerings at breakfast were ample for a breakfast. It was not a hot cooked breakfast, more continental style. We enjoyed the Oatmeal, bagels, cereals croissants. And the coffee was drinkable and you could easily get milk for it and not just the creamers they normally have. During the day the club was open for soft drinks, waters and coffee I think. The afternoon they had hot food selections and beers & wine on offer. The hot food was finger food type things, chicken wings, “pot stickers”, arancini balls, salamis, dips vege sticks. These were easily a very filling appetiser or for some, which we saw , people had this as there meal. They also had an late night “sweet”, I don’t think we actually had any of these mainly because we were still out to dinner when these were on. I can’t recall the difference in price between the Club/non club room. If you consider it the extra cost for the food/drink we received, then the cost would out way that simple benefit. But for us it was well worth the whole experience and we would do it again.

Ok our final day we decided to walk to the parks. We passed some local wildlife on the way, which DS named Bert and then every squirrel we saw for the rest of the trip was Bert!

DSC_0341_zpsbo29yyfh.jpg

DSC_0347_zpsyb9c5xzm.jpg

We really didn’t have too many plans for today we wanted to go back to Kings Cross station look around Diagon Alley one more time and then ride the Hogwarts Express back to IOA. Before we did that we did some of the rides and attractions at that end of the park.

DSC_0350_zpscojaqo8r.jpg

DSC_0353_zpsvj0qh5c0.jpg

DSC_0355_zpsaqw42x3p.jpg

DSC_0356_zpson7hrbpj.jpg

DSC_0358_zpsdkqujhov.jpg

We found a Flux Capacitor, but it was up high so was hard to get a good photo of it. I bought some Godfather memorabilia. Saw “Jaws”. DS & I rode Men in Black a couple of times which we enjoyed.

DSC_0360_zpszh37eogb.jpg

DSC_0361_zpsma5cu5ol.jpg

DSC_0365_zpsrhl9blbr.jpg

DSC_0369_zps3zyg9rau.jpg

DSC_0373_zps4r6iami5.jpg

DSC_0376_zpswxcxmsx6.jpg

Then it was time to board the Hogwarts Express for one last time. We did get a quick view of the House Elf peeking through the window, so keep an eye out for that!

DSC_0380_zpspaihxefj.jpg

DSC_0381_zpske83pwlp.jpg

DSC_0382_zpso3som5y6.jpg

DSC_0384_zpsvvngck39.jpg

DSC_0416_zpst7pecevd.jpg

DSC_0385_zps4iipnnzp.jpg

DSC_0386_zpszer9pyv1.jpg

DSC_0388_zpsxoiequio.jpg

DSC_0389_zpsmvw3xs4x.jpg

DSC_0391_zpssavr4c38.jpg

DSC_0392_zpsyuzeycse.jpg

DSC_0395_zps7296m7lz.jpg

Last edited:
Day 10 cont.. Back to IoA and Hogwarts.

I’ll just do a photo dump for those who enjoy this place as much as me.

DSC_0398_zpserbr425d.jpg

DSC_0399_zps01gobsdw.jpg

DSC_0400_zpskiipnzie.jpg

DSC_0401_zpsven9sxpy.jpg

DSC_0402_zpskdsczlic.jpg

DSC_0403_zpskfggcmz9.jpg

DSC_0405-2_zps50ocvrrj.jpg

DSC_0405_zpshbwoevfh.jpg

DSC_0406_zpspnkqlati.jpg

DSC_0407_zpsrpumsgxp.jpg

DSC_0408_zpscx4bkolk.jpg

DSC_0409_zpsg4pxvzz9.jpg

DSC_0411_zpsul7qfzcb.jpg

DSC_0414_zps8btkwbh7.jpg

DSC_0415_zpsk8osorkf.jpg

Video of the climb and decent on the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit steel roller coaster – nope didn’t go on it!

I’m not a particularly a Simpsons fan but know there are many so here are some photos for you! We also caught the end of the Macy’s parade.

DSC_0419_zpskcm1boew.jpg

DSC_0420_zpsrvzgb9pq.jpg

DSC_0424_zpsy18cm8xc.jpg

DSC_0425_zpsphvtltvo.jpg

DSC_0426_zpshfssrsv2.jpg

DSC_0427_zpsrqj3makq.jpg

IMG_1601_zps28nvtppm.jpg

IMG_1602_zpsj1jpahum.jpg

IMG_1603_zpso2wgwblp.jpg

IMG_1604_zpsomtjc9ja.jpg

IMG_1606_zpsowi7icmw.jpg

IMG_1607_zpsbsjp9odz.jpg

Dinner was at Hard Rock Cafe. It was really busy, but we got a seat straight away. The waiter actually did something, very simple but was really helpful. He said told us to take our time looking at the menu if we had any questions just ask but once we were ready just close up our menu and he will know we are ready to order and he will be right back. Only waiter to have ever said that to us. Thought it was neat tip especially in a place like that.

b2ff48d7a72c402797ddd5fbfaab2044_zpsf6l5ybsy.jpg

We caught the water taxi back, but we should have walked we were so stuffed. We packed our bags and got to bed for our next day we would be heading over to WDW!!!

Last edited:
Hard Rock Hotel - Universal Studios Addendum.

Here are a couple of short videos from The Macy Christmas Parade

I had posted some photos of the room at Hard rock Hotel here .

Well here are some more photos from the Lobby and the entrance and also a short video of the room itself.

As you would expect there is lots of music memorabilia all throughout the hotel. Lots of Elvis memorabilia in particular. There is also a lot of in ‘The Kitchen” which is one of the restaurants onsite.

DSC_0445_zpsfj0po9zv.jpg

Lead singer from one of my favourite bands Live - Ed Kowalczyk
DSC_0455_zpstdjw3uzs.jpg

DSC_0452_zpsskfugpqd.jpg

DSC_0453_zpsebfbtrvs.jpg

DSC_0448_zpsirjzll5p.jpg

DSC_0457_zpsmmmx8wae.jpg

DSC_0454_zpsvznacmc0.jpg

DSC_0456_zps04ahghsi.jpg

DSC_0458_zpsjyamxsdf.jpg

DSC_0461_zpsn2e2eswh.jpg

DSC_0460_zps8cwqc6u5.jpg

DSC_0462_zpswi0etf6m.jpg

DSC_0463_zpst49yxorv.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsl3bskhsl.jpg

That’s a gold “record’ for you young kids, if you haven’t see one before !
DSC_0459_zpslcrzzyri.jpg

DSC_0468_zpshlfhnuqy.jpg

And of course wouldn’t be complete without DS doing a photobomb!

DSC_0470_zpsd9mv97mt.jpg

Well that was USO & HRH. We were so glad we chose to stay here and we would come back for sure.

We arranged a car transfer with the Hotel, they had plenty of cars waiting. We came down just before 10am and were loaded into our car quickly and then were off for the 20 or so 15mil trip.

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-21%20at%205.22.10%20PM_zpsxtih9ctk.png

Day 11 – Boardwalk Villas (Finally!))

@Travel Mum – I hope you find all your patience waiting for me to get to this, worth it!

We arrived at the Boardwalk Villas around 10:30. The familiar “Welcome Home” was really nice to hear. Walking in it really is quite grand. I have read that the area and long authentic boardwalk, is reminiscent of Coney Island in Brooklyn, New York. I am not that familiar with that area so can only take their word for it, but nonetheless it really has a unique feel, like other Disney Resorts and the experiences is every immersive from first coming up to the entrance.

We were promptly attended to by a reception cast member. It was still well before check-in time, we thought we would leave our luggage, get our magic bands and head over to Hollywood Studios for our Toy Story Fastpass. Well we were soon told that our Villa was ready and we could check-in. We got our new Magic Bands and told our villa number and then off we went. Up to the third floor. We had booked a One Bed Villa, standard view this is what we were given, no pixie dust upgrade this time! The villa was nice, probably similar vintage to the Wilderness Lodge we stayed at last time. The extra space of the one bedroom was good to have, the kitchens also good and while we didn’t cook (ha ha ha) we did regularly buy breakfast the night before from the bakery on the Boardwalk and have croissants, bagels or cinnamon buns and coffee in the room before starting the day which is really a nice way to start the day we think.

They were renovating the Villas, but we got an un-renovated one. There was one downside to the villa we got, there was a distinct musty smell to it. We called up and they said that they could put an ozone air purifier in the room which would clear any smell. So we let them do that. They started it, told us to run it for 30mins and then again if needed. We started it, and the unpacked some and got accustomed to the room.

This time I took photos of the room when we arrived, not like at Hard Rock Hotel. So here they are as well as some photos from the lobby and the Boardwalk itself. There is also a short video/room tour (sorry about the focusing, I should have stuck with my video camera but was trying to video on my new dSLR and hadn’t really worked out the focusing on the video (still haven’t lol)

DSC_0482_zpsm2qyaim3.jpg

DSC_0474_zpskbwfznto.jpg

DSC_0477_zpslu5kzzul.jpg

DSC_0475_zpstgo3ftrf.jpg

DSC_0476_zpsk2zs2bxd.jpg

DSC_0473_zpswfyaj8qg.jpg

DSC_0478_zpscpd9fogn.jpg

DSC_0479_zpswdlrxrzx.jpg

DSC_0481_zpsswk5logn.jpg

DSC_0483_zpshv9vlkuw.jpg

DSC_0480_zps9axgsgu3.jpg

DSC_0491_zpskeyzf3sf.jpg

DSC_0490_zpsmauti73d.jpg

DSC_0492_zpspzqoxhtb.jpg

DSC_0493_zpsnqx245ih.jpg

DSC_0495_zps3z3cxcje.jpg

DSC_0494_zpshpylut8d.jpg

DSC_0596_zpsejohe2qb.jpg

DSC_0594_zpstb5axw4f.jpg

DSC_0593_zps7wihhjf1.jpg

DSC_0597_zps0uu3jsni.jpg

DSC_0595_zpsqann3fq9.jpg

DSC_0599_zpsimlmzluk.jpg

DSC_0600_zps3umle235.jpg

DSC_0605_zpsgvmi3xt5.jpg

DSC_0603_zpsa339i2pb.jpg

DSC_0598_zps0vuw3op3.jpg

DSC_0608_zpsb1ipbzqy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm enjoying your report, your photos are great.
We were over there similar time to you, we left on Nov 22nd and returned Dec 15th. We went to Universal Orlando first and they didn't have any of the Macy's floats up or the parade etc, must just be in December maybe? Shame, I would have loved that.
I really need to do a trip report one of these days!

I am glad you are enjoying the report. I am a little (well maybe a lot ) slack at keeping up progress on it, but I'm doing the best I can!

We didn't know the Macy parade would be on , so it was pure luck for us. It does seem to start early Dec and run through to early Jan from what i read after the fact.

OMG I'm so thrilled to see you are back lffam! I've been checking each day so it was awesome to see your TR at the top when I checked today. I've not read it yet because I just wanted to thank you so much first but now I'm going to have great pleasure in finally getting to read about your experience at BWV :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter