We don't wanna go home!!! Nov 1-8, 2008 Magic Western

2008_110906summer0260.jpg

Oh my. What a view. I can see me and DH sitting there with some wine just enjoying that view!!!! How amazingly beautiful and peaceful it looks. You are so lucky! :flower3:

The dreaded day has finally arrived, time to leave the sunshine and blue skies, cocktail hours and evening bottles of wine for NJ, responsibility and impending blizzards.

UGH.

We have been totally spoiled for life as we know it, and that was OK!! And ...we really missed DS14. So, it's ok that it's the last day!

Kind of.

As usual, I woke before everyone else and got my refillable mug to head to the bakery. The line was out the door, and let me just say, baby!...it was c-c-c-c-cold outside! But that didn't stop all the joggers and walkers from having at it- nice for them! I picked up a variety of pastries and got my coffee (you show them the mug, and then they just give you a paper cup of joe) and went back to the room to...one last time...pack up and move out. Once everyone was awake, and had had some breakfast, we decided to go for a walk and take advantage of our DVC membership by stopping at the Community Hall and getting tennis rackets and balls (free) and playing some tennis at BW's courts. The DSs were VERY excited because they had been nagging us to play tennis (which they had never played) for-EVAAAAARRR!

Walking by the clown pool-
2008_110906summer0289.jpg

2008_110906summer0291.jpg

2008_110906summer0292.jpg

We were in the CH for all of 3 minutes- within 2 seconds of entering, there was this-

2008_110906summer0293.jpg

2008_110906summer0294.jpg

Addicted to video games much?? YEESH! On to some PHYSICAL activity, boys!

2008_110906summer0295.jpg

2008_110906summer0297.jpg

2008_110906summer0301.jpg

DS11 was really, really, REALLY psyched, he had been DYING to play tennis! I went back a little before them, to finish packing up the room.

The quiet pool-
2008_110906summer0302.jpg

Seems we had an extra bottle of wine left that we never drank on the ship, so I left it along with our luggage at Bell services- they held the wine for Cammie. Bell services is so helpful! I think I forgot to mention, our bag we had left at AKV before the cruise? Waiting for us at BWV when we checked in- nice! Next, we were doing something DS9 had been absolutely begging to do since he was 4- go for a Surrey bike ride.

2008_110906summer0303.jpg

2008_110906summer0305.jpg

2008_110906summer0312.jpg

2008_110906summer0313.jpg

2008_110906summer0307.jpg

Our room was on the second floor, right above the DVC model.
2008_110906summer0315.jpg

It was during this ride that all sense of family happiness and bliss ended. It has to do with a hill, a sharp turn after the hill back to the boardwalk, my DH thinking going faster was funny, and my DS11 believing psycho speed racer Dad was trying to kill us all.:scared: Let's just say, you know those families who are all screaming at each other at WDW and you're thinking, "what is wrong with those people?" Well, if you were on the BW on Sunday morning around 11:30 that day, you probably thought that about us! Oh well...fortunately, we all felt better by the time we were off the bike.:faint:

Once again, we had a bad experience getting the car from the valet- but finally, we were off to our last stop on the Disney vacation of firsts and never been there befores- Disney Quest.

We're going back to CG for sushi in October, can't wait!:thumbsup2

That sushi was freakin' spectacular- enjoy every single bite!:thumbsup2

Oh my. What a view. I can see me and DH sitting there with some wine just enjoying that view!!!! How amazingly beautiful and peaceful it looks. You are so lucky! :flower3:

I do believe that is exactly what that view is for! And we were very
lucky to get it!::yes::

Hello!

Get this.

I am planning on waterskiing off the beach behind Strathmere, NJ on Sunday afternoon as a part of our church youth group annual POLAR Plunge. DD Rachel will be doing the plunge.
It is a fundraiser for our trip in March to help build a church in Haiti!:thumbsup2

If you did not know, our family is very involved in competetive waterskiing.
BUT! The water is 36 degrees!:beach: Hopefully it will be :sunny:
but I am sure I will need lots of :coffee: to warm up.

Donations are going throug my church.

Way to go!!!!!
We'll be passing warm thoughts on to you, DD and all of the POLAR Plunge waterskiers:goodvibes When you're in Haiti remember the cooler temps of Feb 1st! On the other hand, tomorrow just think how hot you'll be building a church in Haiti::beach:

Hello!

Get this.

I am planning on waterskiing off the beach behind Strathmere, NJ on Sunday afternoon as a part of our church youth group annual POLAR Plunge. DD Rachel will be doing the plunge.
It is a fundraiser for our trip in March to help build a church in Haiti!:thumbsup2

If you did not know, our family is very involved in competetive waterskiing.
BUT! The water is 36 degrees!:beach: Hopefully it will be :sunny:
but I am sure I will need lots of :coffee: to warm up.

Donations are going throug my church.

I missed your post somehow!:confused3

I would just like to say.... YOU ARE INSANE!!!!!!!:scared:

The beach is for warm weather, :beach: polar bear!!

Seriously, good luck tomorrow- I hope an unexpected shift in the gulf stream brings 85 degree waters to NJ shores in an unprecedented heat wave!

I'm thinkin' you all need copious amounts of soup and blankees in pre-heated cars tomorrow- Best of luck!

I do have to say, I'm glad my church is inland. We do the crop walk in the fall...MUCH more tame!

And what is your church?

WOW! What an incredible Trip Report! My husband kept bugging me all day about what had my attention at the computer but I couldn't tear myself away!

I am SOLD. This is our first DCL and I am so getting the RES. I loved your schedule, your pictures, your details -- it was Sooooo helpful and YES, we want to be your BFFs too!!!! Need a cool friend from Texas?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am so happy now I had to go pop some bubbly and will research excursions all night long!!!!

Super report...loved reading it....now I'm even more excited about our March 2010 cruise (which will be our first of many I hope:)).

OH NO WAY!! Dinner at California Grill? Wow....that tops it! We absolutely loved California Grill on our last trip, and it will be the first ADR I hope to make when our 90 day window opens. I am ALL ABOUT some sushi! :thumbsup2

Wow, what a great DISmeet you guys had! Just from different posts on our threads, I would really like to meet TigerKat and Camster! I know you all had a great time at ESPN!

OK-before I continue, I just wanted to answer a few that I missed while I was away....

You are welcome so much, and I hope you are still reading!:goodvibes

Lucy from Margate? I don't know- was she in the lobby? Then I probably saw her and didn't put 2+2 together, since I've neer seen Lucy in person- I'm an LBI girl.:)

As far as the other TRs, here is Mom2princesseslynsy-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1967578 and I couldn't find wuvtiggers'....I think I'm the only idiot still sitting at the computer posting a TR, everyone else is on extended hiatus!;) :rotfl: Hope they both come back, soon!::yes::

I think I'm going to do the ST John TR on the community board- is that where your PV one is?

And Cammie- soon I'll hate YOU, too!;) :hug:

Sorry for being MIA - yes, my TR is on the community board - I'll look for yours!:beach:

WOW! What an incredible Trip Report! My husband kept bugging me all day about what had my attention at the computer but I couldn't tear myself away!

I am SOLD. This is our first DCL and I am so getting the RES. I loved your schedule, your pictures, your details -- it was Sooooo helpful and YES, we want to be your BFFs too!!!! Need a cool friend from Texas?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I am so happy now I had to go pop some bubbly and will research excursions all night long!!!!

I LOVE Texas! I can always use BFFs from there!:thumbsup2 So happy you're inspired to take the cruise- can't wait to hear what you think!

Super report...loved reading it....now I'm even more excited about our March 2010 cruise (which will be our first of many I hope:)).

I'm sure it will be the first of many...::yes::

OH NO WAY!! Dinner at California Grill? Wow....that tops it! We absolutely loved California Grill on our last trip, and it will be the first ADR I hope to make when our 90 day window opens. I am ALL ABOUT some sushi! :thumbsup2

Wow, what a great DISmeet you guys had! Just from different posts on our threads, I would really like to meet TigerKat and Camster! I know you all had a great time at ESPN!

That sushi was da BOMB!! And TigerKat and Cammie are wonderful- I HIGHLY encourage a meet with them. Karajeboo is going to stay on my couch at AKV for a night in May, she's going to go on the Wanyama Safari with Loni & I- I am REALLY glad she's coming, can't wait to meet her!! And what about you?

Loving it!

Thanks- but not for much longer, it's almost done...:sad2:

Sorry for being MIA - yes, my TR is on the community board - I'll look for yours!:beach:

Don't look yet- I haven't begun!

That sushi was da BOMB!! And TigerKat and Cammie are wonderful- I HIGHLY encourage a meet with them. Karajeboo is going to stay on my couch at AKV for a night in May, she's going to go on the Wanyama Safari with Loni & I- I am REALLY glad she's coming, can't wait to meet her!! And what about you?

Yes, we will definitely have to meet you and your family on our trip in May. Have you started putting together your plans? Our ADR 90-day date is coming up on Feb. 14th. Maybe we can meet up with you guys for a lunch in the parks one day, or even dinner! I've got a tentative itinerary posted on my PTR....maybe it will coincide with your schedule?

You guys will be at AKV? I was thinking you were staying at the GF for some reason.

Hey, thanks for being my Facebook friend and for sending me Kathy's Facebook recommend. I'll have to become friends with Cammie as well.

Yes, Alan, I'm only gonna be there for one night with Ellen so we need to meet you while I"m there! I'm all about DISmeets! I met Cammie back in November and she's awesome! I was hoping to meet her this month, too, but don't know if I'll be able to make it. :guilty: This will be my first time meeting crazy Ellen, so wish me luck! :rotfl2:

I am NOT crazy. I am ENTHUSIASTIC. There's a difference.

Hi Ellen! I've been reading your trip report for the past 2 days! Amazing job!

My friend and I just booked the 7 night western cruise on the Magic for 10/30/10 - it will be our first time cruising ever! We are so looking forward to it. Did I read somewhere in your trip report you were going to be on that same cruise? :banana:

Thanks again for taking the time to share your vacation with us!!!

Jacki

Hi Ellen! I've been reading your trip report for the past 2 days! Amazing job!

My friend and I just booked the 7 night western cruise on the Magic for 10/30/10 - it will be our first time cruising ever! We are so looking forward to it. Did I read somewhere in your trip report you were going to be on that same cruise? :banana:

Thanks again for taking the time to share your vacation with us!!!

Jacki

Well, thanks so much! I had a lot of fun writing it- today I might actually finish it! And yes, we will be on the Oct 30th cruise in 2010!! How cool is that?! Have you gone to the cruise meets thread and signed up? There are a few families from this cruise who will be on it, we all rebooked on board because that's when the deals are the sweetest- and because it is just sooo much fun, why wouldn't you want to do it again??

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and your friend!:banana:

Ellen

HI,
Thanks for the warm wishes!:lmao:

I will post some pics tonight.:beach: was great!

We raised about $4000 dollars!

i stumbled across your TR yesterda, home sick in bed from work. I read it yesterday and this morning and I love it! yu have such a cute family and I felt like I was on the boat with you! thanks for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter