we couldn't think of a title - September 2014 pre trip report! COMPLETED!

Love the plans!

Less then a month to go!! ;)

I think it's great that you're starting with AK, we did that and it was a great way to start our vacation.

I hear you girls on the rope drop front but it has to be done every now and again. It's great that you've planned in pool time as well!

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more of your trip purchases!

Love the plans!

I think it's great that you're starting with AK, we did that and it was a great way to start our vacation.

I hear you girls on the rope drop front but it has to be done every now and again. It's great that you've planned in pool time as well!

Looking forward to reading more and seeing more of your trip purchases!

Edit: just seen the new updates.
Love the dapper day dresses and shoes!
Also are you wearing costumes to the MNSSHP! You should try to...it's so much fun!

I LOVE your dress Sarah!!! It looks beautiful! The shoes are adorable too.

So excited to see how the fascinators come out! There's this Etsy shop called hatandmouse that makes Disney themed fascinators and they are so adorable but so expensive sigh. I bet yours will be even more fabulous though!

ONE MONTH YAYAYAYAY

We totally just went in and had a look at that shop!
She has really awesome things omg the Harry Potter houses ones! drooling

Isn't the one month mark one of the most exciting? It's right when it starts to feel so so close and idk, I want to believe that this is a time when I can start to feel days fly by ahhaha
Waiting is so hard!

Love the plans!

The AK start wasn't even something we didn't do that deliberately the first time but just like you said, we had suuuuch a great time and it was such a lovely start! So we'll probably keep doing it from now on :D

I actually agree with you about rope drop. It's kinda not our usual style but it seems so magical to see the opening show and experience the morning in the park. Especially since we're going during such a low season, it'll be so lovely!
I'm actually excited and I hate my alarm every morning lol

Thank you for the dress & shoe compliments, everyone!! I haven't QUITE chosen a color for the shoes yet so I haven't purchased :x It's giving me real anxiety trying to choose between so many beautiful colors! I'm leaning towards the powder blue still right now because I prefer that style but the strapless shoes have more color options. Hmm. I'll let you know

I LOVE your dress Sarah!!! It looks beautiful! The shoes are adorable too.

So excited to see how the fascinators come out! There's this Etsy shop called hatandmouse that makes Disney themed fascinators and they are so adorable but so expensive sigh. I bet yours will be even more fabulous though!
^_^
I just checked her out! Shes on a break right now so I couldn't see the prices but from checking out her previous sales, she has some really beautiful stuff! The Minnie witch hats & the Mary Poppins fascinators are my favs!

Also Courtney I followed you on twitter the other day! I saw you on Kaela's feed & went ahead and followed you, if you couldn't tell that was me haha :goodvibes

Haha to be honest, on our first trip we did AK first because my flight was arriving around 9 so we'd get to the park around mid day & it was decided that AK was a "half-day" park. To be fair, we only had 4 park days total that trip and I had never been to WDW yet so I wanted to experience as much as possible so we spent the most time in MK & Epcot. This year we'll get to visit AK a little more (spoiler: I LOVE AK!!)

we're trying to convince sarah to bite the bullet and buy those shoes already because they are sooooo cute :love:
SOON.

Hello friends!
It's been a while since we talked! But we come to you now with TONS of updates because A LOT happened this week and also because as we draw closer, lots of things are starting to come together! So much planning is still going on and our to-do lists are getting shorter every day, so expect our updates to be JAM PACKED from now on!!! :upsidedow

First of all, I completed our Dapper Day fascinators!
I was going to take this slowly over a couple of weeks but once I got one completed, I just wanted to go on with the next one and the next and in a few days had them all.
I’m very happy and pleased with how these came out. I think they’ll look amazing!

Ob0qAvb.png

It turns out that on the same day Ana finished the fascinators, our magic bands shipped! We spent a couple of days tracking and waiting and then on Friday night, Kaela came home to this!!

k3YH1Hv.jpg

Aren’t they so beautiful!!!! Omg!!!! I can’t believe how close we are, getting these in the mail was what really made everything start to feel real :)

Yay magic bands!

Another thing that came together this week was our photographic preparation.
We love taking pictures at Disney and this year we wanted to have a few more options than just our iphones. So Kaela and Ana went ahead and got these babes:

HKg7ANY.png

I took photography in college for about a year. I loooove photography and just playing around with a camera and a lens is so much fun and it comes so easily to me. I’ve been meaning to buy a DSLR for years because back when I was in school, we had photography with film SLR cameras. And I kept delaying it and saying there were other important things and this year I just gave in completely and got it! I’m sooooo happy and excited.
I was thinking of getting a lens with a wider aperture maybe a 35mm 1.4 or 1.8 but it’s quite the extra money so I asked a lovely friend of mine who studied photography if he could lend me one and he totally has a few that I can borrow. I’m not taking a lot because suitcase space! But def at least one for dark rides or sunset shots. :D

tumblr_naxkmycsW31staiato1_500.jpg

I just really wanted a Polaroid style camera lol I got this one because a friend of ours has the same one, and it was a decent price on Amazon so I decided it would be a great addition to have on our trip! I’m not any kind of photography buff or anything, I wish I knew how to work a fancy camera but I just have my iphone and a little point and shoot digital one haha. and now this! I can’t wait to take lots of cute pictures of us ^_^
Also, Ana I expect lots of cute pics of me with your nice camera now lol

Another exciting thing that happened this week was that we were able to book our FPs for Be Our Guest!! This was one of the last things we had left to book, so when our window opened up we hopped right on it. We’ll be eating lunch at BOG on Ana’s birthday around 1pm, after a fun-filled morning at the pool :)

hS1XwjE.jpg

Finally, we got some lanyards!
We’ve never done pin trading but Kaela recently got into it and has rubbed it off on us so we’re gonna give it a try.
I needed to buy a little something to get free shipping on an Amazon purchase and so I got these for us:

p9CoYnq.png

“Kaela recently got into it” is putting it mildly lol I’m so obsessed now it’s awful!!!!! I’m addicted! I collect Ariel pins mostly plus anything else that catches my eye. I’m gonna get Ana and Sarah addicted to it too :cool2:

and that’s what we’ve been up to these days! Our trip is getting closer every day, more and more packages are beginning to arrive and we’re making the final preparations for everything!!
:banana::cheer2::grouphug: 18 days left til all our fun begins!!!!!:banana::cheer2::grouphug:
party:

what to expect in the next update: shoes, petticoats, shirts, and more!! :)

The fascinators are gorgeous! And YAY MAGIC BANDS I love them so much I wish I could use them in my everyday life.

Love the new cameras!! My mom and I both shoot with Nikons so I approve :thumbsup2

As you may or may not have deduced from my DIS name, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite and I am obsessed with BOG!!! So I'm super glad you guys got a FP+ for that.

PIN TRADING IS MY LIFE. I have two big canvases at home that I use for my pin boards haha it's seriously an addiction for me! I hope you guys find some awesome ones :thumbsup2

Im really excited about the cameras!! ^_^

I've still got to actually get some pins so I can use the lanyard...

What kind of pins do you collect Courtney? Kaela's started a small collection for me that has Mulan, Up and Rapunzel pins so far so I think I'd like to continue collecting those for sure and then maybe add some of my other faves like maybe Pocahontas?? I probably need to see what's out there more, there are so many its kind of overwhelming !!

What kind of pins do you collect Courtney? Kaela's started a small collection for me that has Mulan, Up and Rapunzel pins so far so I think I'd like to continue collecting those for sure and then maybe add some of my other faves like maybe Pocahontas?? I probably need to see what's out there more, there are so many its kind of overwhelming !!

I'm really into the pin sets! The license plate pins and the Fastpass (RIP) pins are my faves and I've also recently gotten into the princess shoe pins. I also collect a ton of Beauty and the Beast pins and on my last trip I found a bunch of Duffy pins I liked! I use this site to see what pins are out there for sets and I really like it :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see what you guys find!

The fascinators are gorgeous! And YAY MAGIC BANDS I love them so much I wish I could use them in my everyday life.
I would be a liar if I said I didn't wear my magicband in public frequently...what can I say, I love looking like a tourist :hyper: and now that I'll have a pink one and a green one I can match them to my outfits hehe

PIN TRADING IS MY LIFE. I have two big canvases at home that I use for my pin boards haha it's seriously an addiction for me! I hope you guys find some awesome ones :thumbsup2
I AM SO EXCITED to rope them into pin trading omg!!!! I always used to be so against it and said if I started I would get addicted to it...and look what happened hahaha whatever, it's so much fun!

me too!!!! so many cute polaroid pics to be had ^_^

maybe u should get on that ::yes::

I love all of this update! Yay for new fun things!!! And yay for BoG! Looks like a fantastic trip in the works!

fancifull said:
TUESDAY SEPT 23
brunch: Landscape of Flavors @ AoA
dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

Ana & Kaela wandering the deserted AOA lobby

Our first park day!!!!! But first, we’ll swing over to Art of Animation and eat at Landscape of Flavors for brunch. Then we’re continuing our tradition of going to Animal Kingdom first. We’ll do a few things there, including our favorite show, Festival of the Lion King! Once we’re done in AK, we’ll head over to Magic Kingdom for dinner. Our reservation is at 6:40 and there’s a Halloween party that night, so we won’t be able to do anything after dinner. Instead, we’ll head over to the Poly to get drinks and watch Hallowishes from the beach!

We will be in AK this day also. Woooo!

Your plans are awesome overall. I definitely love your hairbows, so I'm excited to see your entire costumes. :cheer:

I follow yall on instagram also, so I'm excited to see how your trip goes! :)!

We will be in AK this day also. Woooo!

Your plans are awesome overall. I definitely love your hairbows, so I'm excited to see your entire costumes. :cheer:

I follow yall on instagram also, so I'm excited to see how your trip goes! :)!

Welcome!! :hyper: If you see us in AK, say hello!!! We'll be there the majority of the afternoon...probably near Everest >:)

Since we aren't making our tutus for our costumes until Ana & I actually get to Florida, I can't wait to see the whole thing either! It's definitely gonna be easier to pack rolls of tulle than a glittery tutu, but still, I'm impatient

Oh, I'll have to go check my instagram & follow you too! What are your trip dates?

I'm really into the pin sets! The license plate pins and the Fastpass (RIP) pins are my faves and I've also recently gotten into the princess shoe pins. I also collect a ton of Beauty and the Beast pins and on my last trip I found a bunch of Duffy pins I liked! I use this site to see what pins are out there for sets and I really like it :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see what you guys find!

ok Kaela and I are really upset at this site because it's showing us all the beautiful pins of our faves that exist that we can't have. SO MANY BEAUTIFUL MULAN ONES WOW!!!??? Thank you for sharing this!!

fancifull said:
Welcome!! :hyper: If you see us in AK, say hello!!! We'll be there the majority of the afternoon...probably near Everest >:)

Since we aren't making our tutus for our costumes until Ana & I actually get to Florida, I can't wait to see the whole thing either! It's definitely gonna be easier to pack rolls of tulle than a glittery tutu, but still, I'm impatient

Oh, I'll have to go check my instagram & follow you too! What are your trip dates?

I will definitely say hi if I see you guys! I'll probably be overwhelmed and hyper, just a fair warning. Haha!

My IG tag is the same as here... hakunamomtata ! (I'm super crafty and threw in the MOM since I have a 3 year old...haha :banana: )

We're going 9/16-9/25 :hyper: Next week!! Ahh!

Great fascinators and camera purchases! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing all the pics.

You guys must be uber excited!! Not long until your trip!!! :dance3::dance3:

I will definitely say hi if I see you guys! I'll probably be overwhelmed and hyper, just a fair warning. Haha!

My IG tag is the same as here... hakunamomtata ! (I'm super crafty and threw in the MOM since I have a 3 year old...haha :banana: )

We're going 9/16-9/25 :hyper: Next week!! Ahh!
I followed you on instagram, I'm sure you saw ;) but yes omg definitely say hi if you see us!! OMG your trip is so soon, I can't wait to hear all about it :)

Great fascinators and camera purchases! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to seeing all the pics.

You guys must be uber excited!! Not long until your trip!!! :dance3::dance3:
WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!! only 10 sleeps left!!! :banana:

Hi everyone!! We are back with another exciting update of our progress, and our trip is SO CLOSE now that we can practically taste it!
:cool1::banana::cheer2: We only have 9 DAYS LEFT!!!!!! SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!! :cool1::banana::cheer2:

There’s not much left to do now - our to-do lists are getting very short and packages are arriving daily with things we’ve ordered for the trip so every day is like Christmas! I must prepare you - there’s LOTS of pictures in this update! Just gonna put the purple text on now because the rest of this update comes to you from me hehe

Ok so since I’m already in Florida, we’ve found it’s often easier to have stuff shipped directly to my house rather than the girls getting things and then having to pack them. In other words - I’ve gotten SO MANY packages lately haha. I have a pile of things in my room with all the stuff that I’ve been buying or receiving for our trip. We affectionately refer to it as THE PILE

CP6wQM4.jpg

It used to just be the one big box on the bottom...but as you can see, The Pile has grown considerably! All those boxes of fun things!!!! Let’s take a look at what we’ve got...

First of all, you remember that I’m gonna get Ana and Sarah into pin trading...and it’s going well so far :cool2: they’ve both ordered pins online for trading and are excited to get started!! some of them arrived at my house a few days ago:

xcoBeYW.jpg
aw yisssss those are gonna make for some great trading

Our MNSSHP costume elements have been rolling in lately. If you remember, we're going to be the Avengers! Our shirts look SO GREAT:
yxiuKCn.jpg

there’s my Thor one and Ana’s Iron Man! Sarah had her Cap shirt shipped directly to her, and got it a little while ago:
55eld8X.jpg

isn't she so cute :3

aren’t they so cute!!!!!!!!!! other parts of our costumes are coming together nicely too:

25y2Xzs.jpg

Sarah’s Captain America shield for her backpack

1XXiemk.jpg

Ana’s arc reactor

9pYIMxU.jpg

and fabric for my Thor cape!! we're gonna look so awesome!! :woohoo:

Also, if you remember from one of our last updates, our friend Sarah is also gonna join us as the Hulk! Well, we had all ordered bows to go with our costumes from Etsy and we figured Sarah couldn’t be left out...so we ordered her a beautifully sparkly Hulk bow to match ours!

E0Vm11w.jpg
isn’t it beautiful? we love our sparkly bows ^_^

then we have the main big box of goodies:
1kdcriD.jpg

and there’s a TON of stuff in here...pins I’ve been collecting for the girls, my dapper day bag, some film for my instant camera, and other stuff I picked up ages ago, like World Cup merch and dry shampoos :3 can't wait to put it all to use!

OTHER UPDATES:
- Ana has made a very nice dent in sewing her dapper day dress and our petticoats! I believe she’s finished two petticoats now and has made decent progress on her dress as well.
- I went to my first MNSSHP last night! If you follow me on instagram you’ll know that I went as the queen of hearts :love:
fPsCqoF.jpg
It was an awesome time and I LOVED IT of course... but I can’t wait to go with Ana and Sarah :)

I think that’s….it???? YES that’s it!! We are seriously SO CLOSE now I can hardly wait!!! I can’t believe we’re only 9 days out! just 8 more sleeps and we’ll be all together again!!!!!!!!!!

:jumping1:

we will probably have another update between now and our trip, in which we'll likely be BURSTING with excitement! til next time!!! :hippie: :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter