we couldn't think of a title - September 2014 pre trip report! COMPLETED!

this is tumblr kayla reporting for fun!

I enjoyed the instagrams of your Contemporary mini vacay from a few weeks ago and all other instagrams because they are perf.

YAY welcome!! :wave:
hehe thank you!! Omg my instagram is gonna BLOW UP from this trip coming up, I'm gonna be posting sooo many pictures haha

Hi everyone! Kaela, I'm so happy to see you writing a trip report on here. I've been following you on tumblr forever! I think I remember seeing posts about your last trip on there. Anyways, excited to read more about your plans!

:cheer2: For 60 days!!!

:cheer2: For your MNSSHP tickets!!!

:rockband: party: :jumping1:

YAYAYAY we are SO EXCITED! it's getting so close!!

Hi everyone! Kaela, I'm so happy to see you writing a trip report on here. I've been following you on tumblr forever! I think I remember seeing posts about your last trip on there. Anyways, excited to read more about your plans!

omgosh yay hi welcome!! happy to have you joining us!! ^_^

time for one of the most fun parts of any trip - ADRs!!
For our ADRs on this trip, one of our main focuses was on trying NEW restaurants. We had nothing but great dining experiences last year and we would have loved to do many of them again but there are still so many restaurants in Disney we want to try. So this meant our favorites like Via Napoli, Chefs de France, Chef Mickey’s, and 50’s Prime Time were all out of the picture.
So we did a spreadsheet (a common theme on our planning strategy) with all the Table Service locations and started to comment on all of them so we would narrow down which ones we really wanted to try. We got pretty much everything we wanted at very good times! we’re so happy to present our ADRs:
(oh, and all the pics in this post are from Disney Food Blog!)

mo0SDbv.jpg
Sept 23rd
Liberty Tree Tavern (D)
I only recently went to LTT for the first time, but I knew it was a winner for us right away. This will be our first ADR together and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious “home cooked” meal?
Plus, I’ve never had Thanksgiving so I’m excited to try this kind of big traditional American feast!

BGSDYuh.jpg
Sept 24th
Beaches & Cream (L)
Mama Melrose’s (D)
This is my “birthday” day! On this day we had an Epcot/Studios day planned, so I decided on these two for our ADRs. I wanted to go to Beaches & Cream for lunch because I’ve been a bunch of times and it’s one of my all-time favorites - I just can’t get enough of that grilled cheese. For dinner, last year we went to Chefs de France and LOVED it, and this year I wanted to try something new again. I’ve heard good things about Mama Melrose and I love Italian food, so hopefully it’ll be a hit!

As1zBhK.jpg
Sept 25th
Boma (D)
This is my birthday! I had heard about this restaurant mainly from Kaela and for some reason it stuck in my head when I was trying to choose. For whatever reason, I really love Animal Kingdom so I planned on spending a good portion of the day there so we’ll be close to AKL. We’ll spend the afternoon in AK, head over to AKL and explore (I’ve never been!!!), and then feast on all the delicious looking food at Boma! It’s also completely different from any other meal we plan on having. It seems like they have sooooooo much food, not sure how I’ll even be able to choose what to taste before getting full. Also: ZEBRA DOMES!!!

90xFaWL.jpg
Sept 26th
La Hacienda de San Angel (D)
So, this is my birthday dinner. The reason I picked this is because I want margaritas! That, and idk, I kinda wanted the homey, Latino atmosphere. I hope it’ll make me feel at home and that it’s lively and happy and that they sing me Happy Birthday in Spanish. I’ve looked at the menu and at some reviews but still have no idea what I’ll end up ordering. A lot about this place looks nice and although it was hard to say no to Via Napoli (my last bday dinner), we all want to try something new so hoping for a nice experience.

4fvGl35.jpg
Sept 27th
Sci-Fi Dine-In (L)
I pushed for this one on this day because it’s DAPPER DAY and omg what better place to go while we’re in vintage clothes than to the drive in? This is our biggest ADR of the trip too, because my boyfriend, roommates, and some other Disney friends will hopefully be joining us!

MXajkKz.jpg
Sept 30th
Whispering Canyon Cafe (L)
I’m super excited about this one. I went for the first time last summer and absolutely fell in love with it and the rest of the Wilderness Lodge, and I know the girls will love it too. and I especially can’t wait to ask for ketchup :-)
We weren’t hard to convince to try this. All Kaela had to say was “unlimited milkshakes”

Later on, we found out about 2 new things that made us reconsider getting new reservations: First, the Epcot After Hours Wind Down was extended so it would be happening during our trip. We went back and forth, read all the reviews of the different places and ultimately decided…

PLxlUIU.jpg
Sept 26th
Epcot After Hours Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
We partially chose Tutto Gusto by default. ⅔ of us don’t like beer, so Rose & Crown was out and Kaela wasn’t sure she’d like the tequila at La Cava. That left us with Spice Road Table and Tutto Gusto.
I wanted Tutto Gusto because it looked like they had the most options for food, and I like wine ^_^
I could’ve gone for La Cava because I am always here for tequila but we’re having dinner in Mexico earlier that day anyway so we’ll be okay switching a bit.

And then the one we don’t have yet but are going to try to lock in, is the Parisian Breakfast from the Food & Wine festival. We have been craving this breakfast since DFB reviewed it last year, hoping it would be a returning event for this year and we were jumping up and down when we found that it was!
It's only offered on Saturdays, so we're going to try and get it for Sept 27th! Reservations open on July 31st so we KNOW we’ll have to try and call right away when it opens up but we are hoping for pixie dust here pixiedust:

anddddd that wraps up our ADRs for this trip! what do you think, have you been to any of these places? we're super excited to try them all! ^_^

All of your choices sound amazing!! Beaches and Cream grilled cheese is so good and I am a proud survivor of the Kitchen Sink hehe :) we just did Whispering Canyon and it was so good! We had the funniest waitress and she made the whole experience for us.

I hope you guys get to do the Parisian breakfast! It looks amazing! Mimosas are my favorite drink so I really want to go just for the unlimited mimosas hahaha

Fantastic Choices!

Who has never had Thanksgiving?!?!

hahahaha me!
I'm not american and although it's a lovely holiday, we don't celebrate it here.

I once was hosting an american professor for an event at my college during thanksgiving and I almost took her to one but at the last minute, one of the other hosts did lol

I'm excited!

All of your choices sound amazing!! Beaches and Cream grilled cheese is so good and I am a proud survivor of the Kitchen Sink hehe :) we just did Whispering Canyon and it was so good! We had the funniest waitress and she made the whole experience for us.

I hope you guys get to do the Parisian breakfast! It looks amazing! Mimosas are my favorite drink so I really want to go just for the unlimited mimosas hahaha
omg I've never done the kitchen sink! we'll probably not do that on this trip but I MUST eventually haha. and omg yesssss I am sooo so excited for the Parisian breakfast. we just stumbled upon it reading about food & wine and now we're really hoping to get it!

Following along! :)
yayy hi and welcome!! :wave2:

Fantastic Choices!

Who has never had Thanksgiving?!?!
haha we can't wait to share it with our lovely Costa Rican princess princess:

Joining in!! Followed you from Mo's page, and then saw you were in the FB group?! I'm in the FB group too with Mo, well shes a part of several, so maybe I am, Im in the WDW Sept Planners one. Anyway hi! :wave2:

I'm Terri, and we are overlapping! I will be down with my little fam Sept 27-Oct 8!! I see we even will be in the same place at the same time some, as I will also be in HS for Dapper Day! Though I am not dressing up, that's my arrival day and I will be in a Star Wars tee, lol.. not too dapper! But I will keep an eye out for you three!

And also.. omg Ana, SOUL SISTER, I too am deeply, deeply in love with my HANSON!!!! I've loved them since I was 13 and they are hands-down my all time fave band ever in the history of everything! I have seen them before when I was like 14, lol, so its been a LONG time!! Taylor still sounded like a girl back then.... bahahahahaha... anyway, I will be going to see them the 28th, are you going the 28th or 29th? Or both!? Lol... my plan is to go to at least the first 2 shows, and maybe the third! I also am throwing a Hanson cd cover in my daughters autograph book JUST IN CASE! Ya never know if you could bump into them in other parks during the day... just sayin'. I know they like to eat at the Poly too... Geez, I sound like a stalker, not an almost 30 yo mom... *sigh*

Anyway, glad to follow along, you three are adorable, btw, and I hope you do stick with your TR this time, bc I can already tell I like your writing style and I would love to see your adventures! I think it's so cool that you all met online in a Disney forum, bc I am fast making AMAZING friends here on the Dis like that too!

Oh, and I heard mention of Instagram!? What are yalls IG names? And your FB, for whoever is in the Sept group?

Oy, I've written a novel, sorry! I just get so EXCITED at new PTRs! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

hahahaha me!
I'm not american and although it's a lovely holiday, we don't celebrate it here.

Ahh sorry didn't know one of you weren't American! yes i am aware only america celebrates Thanksgiving!!! :lmao: :rotfl:

Glad Terry is here a fellow Hanson fan for you guys. (i am not a fan) :confused3

And also.. omg Ana, SOUL SISTER, I too am deeply, deeply in love with my HANSON!!!! I've loved them since I was 13 and they are hands-down my all time fave band ever in the history of everything! I have seen them before when I was like 14, lol, so its been a LONG time!! Taylor still sounded like a girl back then.... bahahahahaha... anyway, I will be going to see them the 28th, are you going the 28th or 29th? Or both!? Lol... my plan is to go to at least the first 2 shows, and maybe the third! I also am throwing a Hanson cd cover in my daughters autograph book JUST IN CASE! Ya never know if you could bump into them in other parks during the day... just sayin'. I know they like to eat at the Poly too... Geez, I sound like a stalker, not an almost 30 yo mom... *sigh*

OMG SIS SHUT UP STOP I CANT IM SO EXCITED

lol I loooove Hanson, it's pretty hilarious cause when I say that about 12 year old me living the past 17 years for this, omg sis, it ain't no joke! I have been waiting foreeeever for this and it's pure pixie dust that it aligned with our trip cause we planned it before the eat to the beat line ups. So much magic.
I have all their albums even the flops hahahaha

Tell me more about them eating at the Poly tho omg are we gonna have to have lunch at Kona?

We're going to the 29th cause 28th is our MNSSHP. Oh and I'm making us see all 3. Kaela and Sarah are well aware and all they asked is to be buzzed by the time the 3rd one comes along lololol

Oh and also also
Did you know that they're gonna have MMMHops for sale at F&W? Omg I can't even, imma drink Hanson's embarrassment. I'm just hoping Josh reviews it.

Oh, and I heard mention of Instagram!? What are yalls IG names? And your FB, for whoever is in the Sept group?

I'm @corporateheels on IG and @snowweisz_ on twitter

Tell me more about them eating at the Poly tho omg are we gonna have to have lunch at Kona?

Omg, you need to check out this TR ASAP!! It's a wonderful and hilarious, Hanson-loving chick named Lia who has seen and met them numerous times and she runs into them at Disney eating at the Poly! ::yes:: It's a VERY good read!!

We're going to the 29th cause 28th is our MNSSHP. Oh and I'm making us see all 3. Kaela and Sarah are well aware and all they asked is to be buzzed by the time the 3rd one comes along lololol

Bummer! We won't be there on the same day :( But thats hilarious about the other girls, lol, I am pretty sure that is what my hubby is thinking too... but my kids! They are 5 & 2 and they have already been introduced and well versed in Hanson! They loooooove MMMBop, of course, so they are going to totally be singing along with me! :woohoo:

Oh and also also
Did you know that they're gonna have MMMHops for sale at F&W? Omg I can't even, imma drink Hanson's embarrassment. I'm just hoping Josh reviews it.

Whaaaaaa!?!?! I did NOT know that! I do not like beer, but I will buy one, for the momento and photo at least!! Although, I don't know if they will even give you the bottle... :laughing: That would be a very hilarious review! I read a review that compared their beer to a bottle of soy sauce in consistency, lol...

I'm @corporateheels on IG and @snowweisz_ on twitter

Following you on IG!

Joining in!! Followed you from Mo's page, and then saw you were in the FB group?! I'm in the FB group too with Mo, well shes a part of several, so maybe I am, Im in the WDW Sept Planners one. Anyway hi! :wave2:

Hi!! Yes, we are from the Sept Planners one! I've been a member for a while & I just got Kaela and Ana to finally join.

I'm Terri, and we are overlapping! I will be down with my little fam Sept 27-Oct 8!! I see we even will be in the same place at the same time some, as I will also be in HS for Dapper Day! Though I am not dressing up, that's my arrival day and I will be in a Star Wars tee, lol.. not too dapper! But I will keep an eye out for you three!
yayyy welcome Terri!! We're gonna be super fancy (if I ever actually buy my dress & shoes). We'll watch for you!!! Star Wars tee in DHS.... shouldnt be too hard to spot lmao :rolleyes1

Anyway, glad to follow along, you three are adorable, btw, and I hope you do stick with your TR this time, bc I can already tell I like your writing style and I would love to see your adventures! I think it's so cool that you all met online in a Disney forum, bc I am fast making AMAZING friends here on the Dis like that too!

:3 We're doing really well this time so far due to a) our excitement and b) our new approach to writing it. It's so much more fun writing "together" than delegating each section to someone.
And we met on a Disney livejournal group and when we first met I don't think any of us envision the future fun we would have, it's INSANE but SO AMAZiNG!

My instagram is @robot_sarah!! My twitter is private I think but it's @wreckitsarah

Omg, you need to check out this TR ASAP!! It's a wonderful and hilarious, Hanson-loving chick named Lia who has seen and met them numerous times and she runs into them at Disney eating at the Poly! ::yes:: It's a VERY good read!!

lolol omg this is craaaazy!

Calling all pixie dust to come my way so I can meet Taylor tbh

Bummer! We won't be there on the same day :(

ikkkkk shame! Maybe we'll run into each other somewhere else, maybe even at Dapper Day!

Whaaaaaa!?!?! I did NOT know that! I do not like beer, but I will buy one, for the momento and photo at least!! Although, I don't know if they will even give you the bottle... :laughing: That would be a very hilarious review! I read a review that compared their beer to a bottle of soy sauce in consistency, lol...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I love Hanson, I really do. But they do such embarrassing, ridiculous things and coming up with a beer just tops all of them. Imma drink it, Imma take pictures and I swear, I will tweet Josh begging him to review it.

But I have zero expectations of it lolol :lmao::lmao::lmao:

~INTERLUDE UPDATE~
So we have a few updates for you! Yesterday we did our online check-in for Coronado Springs! We are currently at our 55 day mark for our arrival! (57 day mark for our check in since we are staying with Kaela for part of the trip). We requested to be in the Cabanas section so fingers crossed! As long as we’re not in Ranchos we’ll be alright lbr.

AND!!!! We ordered our bows for our MNSSHP costumes last week. If you don’t recall, we’re going as Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America. Well last night the maker finished our custom orders and sent us a picture!!
LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE! They shipped today and we are seriously SOOOOO excited. With every little piece that falls into place this trip begins to feel more and more REAL! :dance3:

AND!!!! We ordered our bows for our MNSSHP costumes last week. If you don’t recall, we’re going as Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America. Well last night the maker finished our custom orders and sent us a picture!!
LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE! They shipped today and we are seriously SOOOOO excited. With every little piece that falls into place this trip begins to feel more and more REAL! :dance3:

OUR BOWS ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY! THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS AND STUNNING AND PERFECT AAAAAAAAAH

They're so great, I cant even deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter