• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We booked! Disney Dream, March 28, 2016!

We are on this cruise. It is me, DH, and my 17 year old DS who will almost be 18. We cruised on the Wonder in 03 and the Magic in 04 but it's been a long time! It's the last vacation before DS graduates, and he's the youngest.
Do you feel the fish extender fun is even worth it!? Just curious since you have sailed before!?

We did sail before but it's been a Loooooong time. I personally don't feel like it's worth the effort with an older child. But I just don't want to add anything to my plate at this time. If we were cruising in the summer maybe I'd have some extra time to work on it, but not during spring break when I am working two days before and two days after.
Daisyx3

My family and I are looking for a smaller FE group of maybe 4 families who are also willing to give adult & children gifts. Us adults are kids at heart . If anyone is interested please let us know. We have a family of 6 adults and 2 children.

This will be our first Cruise, and Fish Extenders sounds interesting...would like to join a FE group and share in the magic and fun. Is anyone organizing an official group or just planning to share randomly?

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics - http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/fish-extender-basics.htm

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

This will be our first Cruise, and Fish Extenders sounds interesting...would like to join a FE group and share in the magic and fun. Is anyone organizing an official group or just planning to share randomly?

Im new to this too and I attempted to join groups but i haven't had much luck finding one. Maybe we should start our own?

Hi anyone still following this thread. Im super new to this and a little confused. I'm still eager to get into a FE group. If anyone here is still interested in it please respond. I'm feeling like the uncool kid left out.

Natalie
Orange County CA

This is our third Disney cruise and first on the Dream. Traveling with DH, DD (17) and DS (13). Would like to be part of the Fish Extenders group. Looked so fun on our last trip.

This is our third Disney cruise and first on the Dream. Traveling with DH, DD (17) and DS (13). Would like to be part of the Fish Extenders group. Looked so fun on our last trip.

Perfect I've been looking all over the forums for tips to keep this FE going, I'm not sure where first organizer went but I'd be happy to keep this going unless she comes back of course.

It sounds like you guys have a good amount of interest! It tends to pick up the closer you get to your sailing date as well. Being in charge of the FE is easy (if a trial of patience since as you have seen people do go MIA sometimes).

Since you are starting from scratch, your group can decide on what information is necessary. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

let me know if there is anything else I can help with! :)

If anyone is still interested and is a late comer to the FE's for the Disney Dream March28, 2016 please answer these questions to this thread. or it may be PM to me and

Cabin #
It sounds like you guys have a good amount of interest! It tends to pick up the closer you get to your sailing date as well. Being in charge of the FE is easy (if a trial of patience since as you have seen people do go MIA sometimes).

Since you are starting from scratch, your group can decide on what information is necessary. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

Thank you so much for checking in on us and the great tips and pointers. I will take the lead on organizing the FE for our cruise. (It's the team mom,girl scout leader, FPA parent in me)

Hi This thread it is still open to FE participants, Ill be taking the lead on organizing everyone and getting master list together. Everyone and anyone is more than welcome to join. Please respond with the information thats needed.
Cabin #
The number of people in room
ages
any allergies

optional additional info: names, favorite characters, and favorite color.

Herbert Family
Stateroom 8146
There are 4 in our room
DS age 5, Loves Star wars and Mickey Mouse
and DD age 9 loves Minne and pink pink pink
no allergies

This is so exciting I can't wait to get a list started even if there is just a few of us left.

Hi, so I haven't had any more interest and no-one else has joined in or confirmed what should I do? Just wait it out?

First time on a Disney Cruise. My husband and I have 8 year old twins, boy and girl. We are traveling with my mom and my brothers family. My brother and wife have a son who is 6 and a daughter who is 4.

I just asked to join the Facebook page for this cruise and am waiting to hear back.

Adults have been on cruises before but we are all new to the Disney line.

Jessica
From Wisconsin

Hello to all of you, we will be on this cruise as well. Four of us coming from No. California: myself, DH, 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter. (Any others going with a teen boy or tween girl?)

I also read the notice that we are not to post links to other websites, but will this post get deleted if I simply inquire about the group Facebook page (just in general terms) . . . . ? Don't know how to find that on my own. Maybe someone could tell me in a private message?

Anyhow nice to "meet" you all!

P.S. Editing to add I just figured out the fb thing on my own. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello to all of you, we will be on this cruise as well. Four of us; myself, DH, 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter. (Any others going with a teen boy or tween girl?)

I also read the notice that we are not to post links to other websites, but will this post get deleted if I simply inquire about the group Facebook page (just in general terms) . . . . ? Don't know how to find that on my own. Maybe someone could tell me in a private message?

Anyhow nice to "meet" you all!
You can certainly mention other social media sites in general terms. You cannot post links or search directions (either directly on the cruise meet thread or in private conversations) to other sites.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Hi This thread it is still open to FE participants, Ill be taking the lead on organizing everyone and getting master list together. Everyone and anyone is more than welcome to join. Please respond with the information thats needed.
Cabin #
The number of people in room
ages
any allergies

optional additional info: names, favorite characters, and favorite color.
I'm curious...is the list emailed to us or how do we get it? I'd love to sign our family up but don't want to forget anyone. Also, we hand out for just one day, right? I don't want to have to remember every day :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter