We are finally home from our WDW / 5-1 Eastern cruise

We returned from the 3-day Wonder on 5/2. My daughter is 7 1/2 and she loved every minute of the Oceaneer's club and lab. Granted, we were only on the 3-day, so she participated about 4 1/2 hours on Friday and another 3 or so total on Saturday. When we went to pick her up on Friday evening after Palo, she was having so much fun that she didn't want to leave right away. She didn't care much for Scuttles Cove on CC - she went because there was a sand castle building activity and hubby and I had rented bikes for about an hour. Her complaint about Scuttles was that other kids were running all over the place and ruined her sand castle. Back on the ship, she participated in the rehearsal and show in the theater which she says was the highlight of her cruise. Singing on stage with all the kids, counselors and Mickey was pretty magical for all of us. Overall, we loved our cruise experience but hubby isn't sure if a 7-day is for him. He's interested in the 4-day though. We prepared our daughter ahead of time not to get excited for the pools on the ship. She and hubby went into the Goofy pool once right after boarding, but neither of them cared for the crowds and craziness. Instead we swam at CC and at my in-laws prior to the cruise.

Hi Heidi,

Sorry to hear the cruise wasn't what you expected. When we were on the 4/17 eastern we heard that there were over 1000 kids on board, so I know the "overrun with kids" feeling.

Sounds like your weather wasn't much (if any) better than ours. We had 20 foot seas and 50mph winds. A lot of people not feeling too well.

Hopefully you had Maricar as a stateroom hostess and I hope she worked as hard for you as she did for us.

I'll be looking for your trip report.

Ed

Thank you for the posts since returning from your cruise. Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the cruise like you were expecting. I can not imagine how disappointing that must have been after looking forward to it as you had. Don't feel bad about posting your experencies GOOD or BAD. It is so helpful to future cruisers to hear other peoples perspectives even if it isn't what you think we want to hear. I am looking forward to your trip reports as well as your pictures. Also, why do you think you got seasick this time and you didn't last time? Was it the location of your room or sea conditions? Just curious. Did you take any medication for it?
Will keep checking back to see if you have posted your trip reports.

Thanks,
Misty:flower:

I was thinking about my previous post and had to add that we really did have a great time. The whole cruise is not just food and weather. There were so many great things that I had to come back and add this disclaimer. Sorry about that!:D

Just wanted to add that I was on the same 5/1 Magic cruise with my 5 year old daughter and we both had a fantastic time. Heidi, I'm sorry it wasn't all you expected. Just guessing, but I'd say the illness played a major role in your perception of the cruise?

As for the kids' club, my daughter is VERY clingy and shy, but after a couple days of easing her into it, she really enjoyed the club. For younger kids, it probably is a bit more overwhelming and the kid/staff ratio might be a problem. But for the 5-7 group, it didn't seem to be a problem at all to me.

The pool was packed on sea days, but come back a little early on port days and you'll have the pool almost to yourself.

I was a bit surprised that we could feel the ship moving with the waves as much as we could... but neither my daughter nor I had any problems with sea sickness. Bottom line, I had high expectations going in and they were all met or exceeded. Hard to enjoy a cruise when you're not feeling well though. Hope your next vacation goes better Heidi.

Jeff

We also took the 5/1 Magic/Eastern cruise...mom,dad, grandma and 5 kids ages 1-14 yrs old. Husband and I have cruised alone several times before and knew this cruise would be different!The food was good, shows were great /kid friendly and the staff was really terrific.
I thought I'd share with you a list of things 'I'd wish I'd known" before I went on the Magic.
1) The Air Conditioning. I am usually cold, but I found the air to be stale and humid on the entire ship. I think the AC isn't as strong as it needs to be during the warmer months (May).
2) BRING an extension cord! I believe there were only 3 plug ins in our entire stateroom.
3) The kids clubs. I spent a lot of time with my 4 year old in his club (the 7 , 10 and 14 yr old wanted nothing to do with the clubs) and found the staff to be impressively kind and patient with the kids. It's a quirky thing I know, but I wasn't prepared for how low the lighting/how dark the Oceaneer Club was!I was also disappointed by how infrequently the kids were able to climb and slide and play. A LOT of the activities were :watch a movie, listen to a story, sit and play a matching game, sit and color/paint, sit and use the computer.....
4) The kids and family pools are insanely too small....whoever built/planned this ship must have figured that only 200 kids were gonna be on the boat....absolutely underprepared and probably the biggest surprise/frustration/disappointment! My kids only swam in the pool once because they were so crowded on 'at sea' days.
5) Topsiders is run all wrong if you ask me. Really , Really wish it was open all the time and you could pop in and grab a muffin for a hungry child; but if you want food at 9 pm (after the show) you can only get it through room service----wait a 1/2 hr and tip someone. I started taking extra food at breakfast and storing it in my room for the evenings for bedtime snack. One evening we didn't want to go to the dining room and wait for dinner to be served...the kids were hungry NOW and we went up to Topsiders to grab a quick buffet dinner. Wrong! It is like a restaurant in the evenings...courses and waiting and it took an hour to get dinner in them after all. DCL---take a lesson from Princess Cruise Line: 24 hr buffet!!

We had some highs and lows on our cruise experience. I'm glad we took DCL and experienced it. After analyzing it though, I was humblingly embarrassed by what we paid in relation to the value I felt we got. I could not in good concious recommend DCL over another cruise line, even for families. I would only recommend paying the premimum DCL price if 1) you KNOW your kids will find their all day amusement through the kids clubs on sea days 2) you want to take them to child friendly evening entertainment (which I really did appreciate) 3) you want the easiest disembarkment process ever! 4) you want to be on the nicest private island offered (Princess Cays was well done).

I know eveyone has different experiences. Heaven knows I read nearly every message posted on this thread I could for 6 months prior! What I read was helpful and overall raving about their DCL experience. Maybe my experience will help another compulsively planning traveler go into it a bit wiser and therefore, less let down once they get there.
Good traveling!

Originally posted by kdj
if you want food at 9 pm (after the show) you can only get it through room service----wait a 1/2 hr and tip someone.

Pluto's Dog House (burgers, chicken fingers, fries, etc.) and Pinocchio’s Pizzeria are open in the evenings as well. Until 10 P.M. and midnight, respectively.

They also have mini-buffets each night in the Promenade Lounge and Beat Street. This is mainly "finger foods" but they also do pizza (very good pizza, I might add) on some nights.

Luv2Dream--I think the Eastern is always more windy than the Western. When we did the Eastern years ago I remember the wind was terrible then as well but we figured it was because we were on the crummy Norwegian Norway. I thought we'd love the sea days but we ended up like the port days better. We've done several cruises with and without the kids and this was one of the worst all the way around for us. It's funny because hubby and I actually said the food on the Carnival ships we've been on was heads and tails above the food we had on this sailing. Our movies were not really anything we wanted to see and the one that we did want to see (dd and I anyway) was played at very inconvenient times so we skipped it. I honestly thought I knew what to expect since we did the Wonder 4 day in 2002 and have several cruises under our belts but this just did NOT do it for us this time.

Mjasp--I think there is no such thing as a non-crowded sailing anymore due to year round schools. We talked to several couples who had their kids on the ship because the kids were off track. It's just something you need to go into being prepared for which we were not. That is our own fault I guess but it was very disheartening to find out just how many kids were on board.

MariettaC--This was our 2nd time on DCL and our first experience was awesome. For as awesome of a time we had on the first one this one was the complete opposite. For the price we paid we just didn't feel like there was much for anyone to do if their kids didn't want to participate in the clubs or you didn't want to be "human soup" in the pools. In the future we will stick with a cruiseline that doesnt appeal to so many kids like Carnival. Our kids had a great experience in the clubs there and never wanted to leave.

Cheapmom-Thanks for the welcome back. We did have some GREAT times on this trip but most of them came on port days not on the ship itself. Of course watching the shows and the kids faces light up when a character came on board did help ease the pain a little bit. As for the kids club it just seemed that there were way too many kids in there and it was out of control. There didnt seem to be much activity for them unless they really liked movies or art projects. The amount of illness running rampant the first night was almost scary. The clubs just seemed like an daycare to us. The amount of kids per CM was pretty high in my opinion. But to be fair to Disney our kids have never been in Daycare as I am a SAHM so I think they were a little overwhelmed by the Daycare type feel. We did have some great times it wasn't all awful but I certainly don't feel that we got our money's worth. I'm almost done with my trip report and I'll post it within the next day or so (possibly later today if I can get more computer time).

mmouse--I know what you are saying but we did a DCL in 2002 and had a "wonderful" time on it. We thought we'd found a great line for our kids at their ages but we were mistaken. I don't think we went in with over-realistic expecations as we'd done DCL and many other cruises in the past...I feel that this sailing was just a little "off" maybe. Who knows...but I don't regret taking the trip I just regret some of the things that happened. Some of it Disney could NOT control like the wind and the 20 foot seas but other things they could control and it seemed they didn't. For the cost of the cruise we could have done almost 2 Carnival cruises and our kids probably would have had a better time being less innundated with kids.

hannah&kate (aka PhillyJen) i'm so glad you guys had a great time! We had some great times just not many provided by DCL. I agree with you about the clubs and the amount of kids per CM! I thought it was pretty high as well for the younger kids. The older kids it's easier to get away with more kids than CM's but the 3-7 I think it's harder. I guess it's good we all experience things differently otherwise what would be the point?? I don't regret doing it I just regret some of how it turned out.

Muushka--I'm glad I'm not the only one around here who didn't feel the food was that great. There were meals that were wonderful like our first one and last one at Lumieres but the one's in the middle were not very good. We may have hit an "off" time or maybe our tastes vary for what DCL provides but this is the first cruise I've actually lost weight on because I didn't eat much at meals. We thought Palo brunch was awesome though!! We didn't get to eat dinner there as we were on a waiting list about as long as you could imagine.

CRB--Thanks! It wasn't perfect (and I know no trip is) and we did make some wonderful memories and we have some GREAT pictures of the kids enjoying the shows and the characters and the ports.

JJ's--I think the clubs are almost that full all the time now. I talked with one of the cm's in the lab one afternoon for a few minutes and they indicated that with more schools in the country on year round schools it's getting more crowded with each sailing. They do cut off the amount of kids they let on each sailing but I personally think they let way too many kids on board. I would have rather sailed a different date with less kids but that's just me. The clubs were safe and they were great that way it just seemed to be way too crowded.

Lori--Thanks for the welcome back. I am almost done with my trip report and I will post it but I am a little frightened at the response I'm going to get about it all. I thought I had packed everything we needed for this trip in the medicinal area but I was sorely mistaken. We went through a whole bottle of Tylenol Cold and Cough, a whole bottle of Ibuprofen for the kids and a bucketload of Tylenol tablets. Next time I will bring a whole suitcase full of medicine.

gottaluvdis--Your experience is what we had on our 4 day Wonder in 2002 which is why we came back to do the 7 day on DCL this time. I think some of the reason we had such a great time on the 4 day was the fact that we were in a port each day and never had to deal with the clubs much or the pools. I may consider doing a DCL again in the future but ONLY a 4 day one.

outahere--That is exactly how we felt, overrun! I think that's how our kids felt in the clubs too was that they were just another number on the paper. Yep that is exactly what our weather was too. 20 ft seas, gale force wind and so much movement it was impossible to walk straight. The comedian said something like the only people walking straight are those who are drunk. LOL Maricar was our stateroom hostess and just like you said she was AMAZING!! I told her hi from you and printed out your pm to me and she was touched. She was one of the highlights of the cabin that's for sure!!!

Misty--You know I have no idea how come we were so sick this time except that our cabins were not midship, on deck 8, excessive winds like 50 mph and high seas. As long as I took Meclizine every 3 hours I was ok but then at night I was beat. I guess the one really good positive is our bar bill was non-existent as we certainly didn't feel up to drinking much. I almost have the report done.

jrydberg--I think that the illness was only partially to blame. It seemed that the only things to do were throw your kids in the clubs or sit at the pool. The movies were awful, the wind was awful, the pools were awful, the food was mediocre. I think the illness played only a minor part. I'm glad your dd enjoyed the club...mine did not. It would have been just fine if they stayed out of the clubs IF there had been something for us to do besides watch movies in the theatre that we already own or sit at the pool. We knew it was a family vacation and love spending times with them (I'm a SAHM so I enjoy them immensely) but there was nothing to do during the day with them. Nights were fine but days there didn't seem to be much to do and nothing that appealed to them (or us)for the most part.

kdj--I relate to your post down to the last keystroke! I agree with you that if your kids love the clubs I'm sure it would be a great cruise but if they didn't there wasn't much to do. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way on this sailing and I do know that my children weren't the only ones who hated the clubs. I also agree with you that poor planning went into the pools. When kids see a swimming pool most of them never want to get out. It's a phenomenon especially for us with winter weather where we can't swim year round and the kids love water but when you are "human soup" it isn't much fun. It also isn't fun when one pool gets closed and so all the kids and parents are forced into the Mickey pool together.

I will be posting my trip report soon. I have a lot of it done and may post what I have done right now and then work on the rest.

Heidi

:rolleyes:

I, for one, really appreciate honest posts like this Heidi.

Stand firm and don't squirm!

Heidi -

I'm SO SORRY that this cruise wasn't what you expected!! Considering how much money you spent, you really should have enjoyed yourself more. I also agree with the previous poster. I appreciate all comments, good or bad. They're just the individual's experience, and I enjoy them all!!!

Same here Heidi - Thanks for being honest about your trip! And don't be afraid to post! On a different note, how was your trip to Disney? Did you enjoy the parks?

Also, have you sailed Royal Caribbean? I hear that they have really good kids clubs - and the Voyager class ships look like they have tons to do!!! (we're trying the Mariner out of Port Canaveral next April, so I've been researching). It sounds like you really like Carnival - what ships have you been on???

Looking forward to your trip report!
-Tenley

Heidi...I was so bummed to read that you and Ryan didn't enjoy your cruise. How can that be? We had an absolutely awesome time and loved everything about the cruise...we even re-booked on board to save the extra bucks next time around. Since this was our first cruise we didn't have anything else to compare it to though...we went in with very high expectations because afterall it is Disney, and all of them were met or exceeded. The fact that we are huge Disney freaks (two to four trips per year) probably added to our enjoyment too!

I think that the fact that our kids loved the kids clubs probably had a lot to do with it...on the at sea days they would beg to go to the clubs (8 yr. old in the Lab & 5 yr. old in the club). We even dropped our just turned 2 year old off at Flounders Reef Nursery a few times so we had a nice balance of "with kid time" and "without kid time"...We were traveling with another family plus my parents so we always had people to talk to, laugh with, drink with, etc...that made it nice.

I agree that the wind was a little bit of an issue...my hair was wild all the time! And the kid/family pools were quite crowded...but the adult pool was nearly empty even on the at sea days. We really enjoyed laying out on deck 10 overlooking the Goofy Pool (so we could watch all the action) and having James from Jamaica continuously bringing us drinks of the day. When we would get too hot, we'd go jump in the adult pool to cool off (this only worked when our kids were in the club though...or if the two year old was napping in the stroller).

Probably the worst thing that happened was shortly after getting to our rooms on the first day my mom noticed a pair of mens underware (not my dads) hanging on the back of her bathroom door. Gross! She called housekeeping and they immediately took care of the problem...when we were packing to go home we joked about having my dad leave a pair of his underware behind. He didn't!

We thought the food was great too...I'm sure that our awesome servers Dennis and Maria contributed to that. They were more than accommodating and never had a problem when we ordered more than one entree or ommitted things (like vegetables), changed potatoes, etc...When they would see us trying to decide between two desserts they would bring both without us even asking! They went out of their way to make our kids happy too doing lots of magic tricks, talking to them and joking with them. We really lucked out as far as servers go! My parents have cruised many times and said the food was as good or better than other cruises that they have been on (Carnival, Princess, Holland American). They also told our servers on the last night that on all of their cruises they have never been treated so well by the servers!

We spent the entire week making a TDS list...in other words "this doesn't suck"! Everytime we did something fun, ate something good, etc, we would say "this doesn't suck"...that became our motto for the week! Believe me it was a long list!!!

P.S. I hope your bad time at Disney didn't have anything to do with meeting us!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo
::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Julie- I thought James from Jamaica was our personal drink man. Wasn't he great! His jolly face just lit up everytime we saw him......

Hydster... Hyyyyddsssterrrr... Need a hug?? :grouphug:

I am too am very sorry you didn't have a great trip. Especially because of how excited you and MonkeyBoy seemed to be in our pre cruise thread. I would guess it is very difficult to have a good time when your party wasn't feeling well most of the cruise. I have cruised many times and the one cruise I got sea sick on was tough. I found the solution was to drink more beer. :drinking1

We also traveled with 2 other families, but after posting back and forth on your pre cruise thread over the past few months made it feel like we were traveling with many friends. Like Julie, Tom, Laura and Pango, we are also Disney freaks and loved when we were on the wonder a couple years ago!

Our kids club seemed ok when our kids were in the lab. DS is 6 and DD is 3 months shy of 5, but they let us bump her up on a trail basis and she did great.

My one complaint was I didn't get enough time to get to know everone better! Way to short!!

While Jamaica James may have been great, we had Kadir from turkey. The man even had those motorola walkie talkies. He tuned in to our channel and we could call him from anywhere. It was great. On Castaway Cay, he knew me camera Chris would drink more then a couple beers (I know I know like that was hard to figure out) so he sold us the 6 beer package (buy 5 get one free) then even brought us out a cooler of ice to put them and water bottles in. What a man!!!!

My TDS (love this motto) list is extremely long. My TS list since I have been back is growing a mile a minute.

Again sorry heidi!!! I hope we get to Vegas together soon!!
Bow tie Joe

I have been on the Magic two times and leave this week for my third cruise. I liked to froze to death on the entire ship. Maybe there was a problem when you were there. We all wore light weight jackets to the shows because it was so cold.

BowTie Joe,

I need a hug!!!

I had to check in also, as mentioned above we had the greatest time, from the Beach Club, to the Ron Jon, and then the 7 nights (way to short) on board the Magic. The people we met along with the people we were with helped make it what we expected it would be.

It was a pleasure to be a Pirate with all the other people onboard and I hope that we will try to remain in touch. BTW, Headgear Pat there is a new movie coming out with Will Ferrell and he plays an anchorman, in the previews he is wearing the full headgear, I had to laugh and I thought of you.

Tom

OK after reading through this entire thread again and really analyzing what I wrote especially in the first couple of posts I decided that my post came off as the fact that we just hated our time on the trip every second which actually isn't true. When I first wrote this thread I was exhausted after a very long plane ride, still feeling the effects of illness, dealing with the fact that this long anticipated trip was over with, and thinking that the whole thing stunk.

Today after a few days back in reality and some time to get feeling better and get back into the groove I realize that my post came off wrong.

Our main disappointments were:

1. That our boys wanted nothing to do with the kids club. Our dd loved going but she had met a 12 yr old girl on our thread previously so she had someone to "hang around with" at the Lab. When we dropped them off the first night they were all excited to go and couldn't wait to try it out. Ryan and I wandered around the ship and after about an hour or so decided to go check in on them. I was flabbergasted at the Oceaneer's Club. The wait to get the kids checked in was insanely long (mine were already in but sheesh) and when I got into the club it was mass chaos. It was hot in there and it just seemed (for lack of an intelligent word) discombobulated and un-planned. Kids were going wild everywhere in the Club. My 5 year old was sitting on one of the sea creatures to the side SOBBING and not one person noticed him. No CM ever paged us to tell us he was hating the Club and to come and get him. I think if we had been able to stave off the initial hysteria we could have gotten him back in the Club again but after sitting there bawling for what seemed I'm sure to him as an eternity he didn't want anything to do with it. I don't expect personalized service for just my kids but you would think that in an hour someone would have noticed and paged us! Our middle boy (9) is very shy and does NOT do well in big group situations like they had that night. He didn't know anyone and so he (like my 5 year old) sat over to the side and no one noticed that he was over there alone either. I asked him about it and he said the CM's never said a word to him the whole hour + he was in there. I think these 2 experiences for our kids really soured them on the Club/Lab and they never wanted to go back. We went in realizing it was a Disney cruise and that there would be kids on board and we knew that our kids would have to deal with other kids their ages but we didn't realize just how many kids they would have to deal with. Maybe if the first night had been a better experience they would have gone more but I don't know.

2. The motion sickness, the sore throat and other "germ" issues, the wind, and I think our rooms being so far forward on deck 8 also didn't help.

3. Topsiders for Breakfast was fine since there isn't much variety you can do for breakfast. The lunch buffet that we went to almost every day was ok some days and downright gross other days. Our servers in the dining room were AWESOME and they helped make the trip more fun but we didn't feel that the food was very good. Sure it was edible but honestly we've had much better food on Carnival and even on Norwegian. While our servers were awesome with the kids and very attentive it took FOREVER to get out of the dining rooms at night. One night we didn't leave until 7:45 and Tanner (5 year old) was going nutty sitting there that long. Palo brunch however was amazing! Truly wonderful food!

4. I think it helped us last time to have my inlaws with us so that we could get a break from the kids and do something adult without putting the kids in the Club at night. I think this was the biggest bummer of the whole trip for Ryan and I is the fact that since our kids didn't want to do the Clubs we ended up not being able to do much as adults. We realized this was a family trip but we thought we would at least get SOME time alone together to go to a show, have a drink with some of our internet friends or even go to one of the showing of Calendar Girls or something but it never happened. I don't blame that entirely on Disney but I think if the Clubs hadn't been so nutso the first night or the CM had paged us at ANY Point during that first hour, and had had some semblance of control we may have been able to bribe them into the clubs more. (I'm not above bribery at times):teeth:

5. Since this isn't our first cruise and not our first DCL cruise we have quite a few to compare too and this one was a let down for us after other cruises we have experienced and even our one with Disney in 2002.

I think for us the fact that unless your kids loved the clubs, you loved to sit in the sun and let the kids duke it out at the pools, or you really wanted to sit through Finding Nemo again there wasnt much to do in the day or after the dinner show at night. We loved getting the pictures taken with the characters, pin trading was A LOT of fun for the kids and they loved every single show at night! It was really fun watching them take it all in and get excited every night and laugh. I feel Ryan and I really missed out on meeting people on board and being our fun selves mostly because of the illness and partly because our kids were with us where other people's kids were not so they were in the adult area and we couldn't go. I think had we been well or at least semi well we could have at least gone to the Promenade Lounge at night with the kids and let them dance but none of us felt very good at any given time.

Our first experience with DCL in 2002 on the 4 day was great which is why we booked the 7 day. Maybe it was because my inlaws were with us, the seas were calm, less time at sea, the kids didn't have time to hate the club because we were on the go constantly or some other factor gave us a false sense of being the right fit for us on the 7 day. DCL does A LOT Of great things and while our kids are still younger and enjoy the characters it was really fun but for the cost we could have done 2 carnival cruises with the kids and probably enjoyed ourselves as much or more.

We really did have some great times on this trip! Meeting Tom and Julie on Thursday night was a lot of fun, the meet at the pool on Saturday was great! Seeing people around knowing them was also really fun and the ports were amazing! Castaway Cay was incredible! The shows at night were a blast...so it wasn't all bad.

Who knows we may wait until Tanner is older and suck it up and try one more time on the W. Carrib or maybe bring the inlaws with us again to "help out"....but no matter what our experience was we had a great time meeting all of our internet friends on board!! There are memories with the kids that we will cherish forever. I'm not really sorry we went...just sorry that things played out the way they did!!!

Heidi

Heidi,

I don't think you really gave a false impression. Things could have been better for you and your family. It's a vacation, after all (and not a cheap one).

Actually, precisely because of the crowd and the fact that Alyssa is shy and more than a bit clingy, I didn't even bother trying to take her to the club until Monday late afternoon. I figured if I dropped her off amid that mess, I'd never get her back in the club. Worked out great. She was a little uneasy at first, but by Tuesday, she was eager to go to the club.

As far as the food, I will say that Pinocchio needs to learn to make a better pizza ;)

IMO, it's too expensive to do often, but I'll probably do another one in a few years.

I completely agree... the Oceaneer's Club was a zoo that first evening. We were paged and they wanted to come out. I think it was just really overwhelming to them. Luckily we found a method that worked for us "Teddy, you can go to the kid's club to do science 'eggsperiments' and then i will come get you when that part is over. That worked well because he was able to pick his activities and then he knew when we would be coming to get him.

Now Joe and I are talking about the possibility of other cruise lines. We have both sailed on other lines before, but not with children ... so Heidi (and others with experience), what sorts of activities are there during the day for children/families (other than just doing the pool thing).

Thanks!
JenL
(and Heidi, we were really bummed that we didn't get to spend more time with you and Ryan!)

Hydster, do you think if you had known ahead of time that the clubs/lab and pool were going to be a disappointment, that it would've been a better trip? If it's any consolation, our DD (age 9 now) did not like the clubs/lab at all. We were surprised too, as the DVD and other ads had elaborated on how their kids 'loved the clubs and didn't want to leave.' That's probably true for most, but not us. It takes a while for our DD to warm up, and taking her to a place where there are TONS of children, dropping her off, and expecting her to miraculously love it right then and there, well, it just doesn't work that way for us. LOL! That said, we rebooked the following year, knowing that she wasn't going to do much time at the clubs or lab after her first visit, (she's okay if she has someone to hang out with, but only for a while). We still had a great time, but we too, are looking into doing a Carnival cruise over spring break next year. We still want to DCL too, but might alternate each year.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter