WDW with babies???

LadyOmega

Mouseketeer
A question for all the Disney families.....:)

Ok, here's our story: My husband and I have been to WDW many times, starting on his 18th birthday (9 years ago). Our most recent trip was in Oct. 2006. About a month and a half after that trip, I found I was pregnant. :lovestruc Turned out to be very high-risk, so we have been unable to visit since then. Well, our daughter is now 6 months old, and needless to say we are wanting a Disney fix!! We had planned on waiting until Dec. 2009, when she will be 2, to make our first trip, but now we are thinking of this Dec. (2008) instead.
So, any tips from vets of doing Disney with babies? Hotel and dining recommendations, must-dos, watch-out-fors - all with babies in mind?
Thanks!

Be sure to take your time and keep plenty of water with you. Rest when the baby rests. Enjoy everything at a slower pace. It can be done! Check out where the baby centers are located when you enter the parks so you know where they are when you need them. Have fun!

we went with DD when she was 6 months and she was SO easy. I carried her in our front pack 90% of the trip. She slept, ate, and went on all the rides in it. Which worked out great 'cause if she was sleeping we didn't have to wake her. If sounds like if you go in Dec '08 she will be quite a bit older than DD when we took her. I would think if she isn't walking yet that she should still be fairly easy. They don't have little minds of their own yet, like they develop around 2yo. That's when the tantrums start.

We just returned from a Thanksgiving trip to WDW with our baby. She was 4 months old and was a pleasure! In fact - we are going back on March 29th for 9 days when our Disney Princess will be 9 months old!

In November 2007, our DD ate, slept and traveled in her stroller. We used a Maclaren Techno which reclines and made it easy for her to nap comfortably.

She loved all the lights and sounds and was almost always entertained. She joined us at the California Grill, JIKO, Liberty Tree Tavern, Flying Fish, and many other places to eat. We always brought her stroller in the restaurants and there was never a problem.

I shipped formula, diapers, wipes, travel bouncy seat and extra pacifiers via FEDEX and the boxes were waiting for us when we checked in to SSR. That was much easier than packing them and going over the weight limit for airline luggage.

We were traveling with my family, so we had a grand villa at Saratoga Springs Resort and the full kitchen was SO helpful when preparing and cleaning bottles, as well as storing opened cans of formula in fridge.

For our trip in March, we are staying at the Grand Floridian to take advantage of being on the monorail.

Whatever time you choose to go, it will be magical with your new baby!
ENJOY!

We went in Dec. with our then 8 month old son. He, too, was easy! He had a ball. He especially loved IASW! We rode several times, and he just loved it more each time. He wasn't even scared of the fireworks of Wishes! He did nap more than usual while we were there, probably because of sensory overload, but he slept good in his stroller. He also stopped nursing during the day--nursed the first day at Sea World, nursed on a bench at DTD, but just wouldn't do it after that, even in the baby care centers. I was glad I took my little hand pump, cause Mommy needed some relief--I just mixed my milk with rice cereal--so he got it that way. He did get good at the sippy while we were there drinking cold water and juice.

Instead of shipping supplies, I used gardengrocer.com and had them deliver baby supplies as well as some snacks and drinks for us. I highly recommend them.

You will have to go at a slower pace, and your priorities for attractions will probably be different. We never really used baby swap, just used fast passes. My mom and dad were with us, so that made it easier. We did the dining plan and took him to Whispering Canyon Cafe, Boma, Coral Reef and O'Hana character breakfast--which he loved:love: . He gave Mickey a big wet kiss on the nose!

Go, have fun, take lots of pics and videos!

We took our 12 week old DS in December- he really seemed to enjoy himself. It was the first time he slept in a pack-n-play too, and he did OK. we took him on some rides, and he seemed to enjoy the music and the lights. The baby centers are really awesome- I can't say enough. I didn't use the one at AK, and the one at MGM was small, but the ones at epcot and MK were great. I was able to nurse my DS during the day (he's bf and formula-fed, but that one feeding during the day really made a difference to me), and we were able to feed him there as well, which was very convenient.
We're headed back a week from Saturday, and we're hoping for more fun and rides and pictures!

I have a DD, 15 months. We took her the first time at 4 months then at 6 months and again for the first Birthday, and we're going again in April! The 4 month trip was different cuus she was so little and just slept through everythign! It was easy. 6 months and a year were a breeze. We took advantage of the baby centers for diaper changing and a chance to get away from the crowds and heat. Make sure to slather on the sunblock!! Dress the little on in as little as possible if its really hot. My DD slept in her stroller so there was no need to go back to the hotels for naps or anything. We brought extra everything, water, clothes, snacks. We also spent alot of time in the gift shops browsing, while DH was on rides! I would say, just bring extra everything and just go at a slower pace and you should be fine! Our DD loved the parades and characters and music!!

We will also be going with a 1 year old, and I was wondering how we know which rides we can go on with the little one?

Thanks!

Rides for a 1 year old. Well we took our DD on all the rides in Fantasy Land. minus the tea cups:sick: in epcot Nemo, figment scared her, the land. Umm I don't think we did anything in AK, but I guess you could do the safari. In MK you could do haunted mansion or pirates, jungle cruise, alladins carpets. I don't know your child and if he/she scares easy or likes the dark so I guess it just depends on what your child can handle. We didn't do many shows cus I wasn't sure if she would sit through it. 30 min in my dd max for sitting or doing any one thing. Goodluck!

I recommend gardengrocer.com also. I just put my order in for out trip next week. I'm so glad I don't have to lug diapers down. :rotfl:

Many families on the boards use this company to rent baby "gear", I haven't decided if we are going to yet. DS won't sleep in a p&p, so he'll probably co-bed (mostly does at home anyway)....but i might look at pack and plays....etc.
http://www.abbf.com/pricelist.html

I've also been told that babies can go on most rides, obviously not the ones with height restrictions tho...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter