WDW vs. the terrible twos- and the verdict is... trip update 2/12

I have not read any of your past TR's but I'm gonna keep up with this one. Your son is super cute btw!! Last year for us was our trip dealing with the terrible twos and we did pretty good no major meltdowns... In 19 days we have our trip with our three year old princess: tho I may need some luck this time lol.

Always looking for do's and dont's with toddlers! Making our 2nd trip with the kids in January!

I'm in. We are tentatively planning DDs first trip for next fall when she will have just turned two. We know she won't remember it, but we think she'll have fun and we'll have great (and certainly interesting) memories. Looking forward to more

I'm here and can't wait to read all about your trip!!! popcorn::

And seeing the picture of your DH and all that sand... :sail: As Dorothy would say, he's not in Kansas anymore... :faint:

I just found you and can't wait to read all about your trip. Sounds like it will be an interesting report!;)

I hope the terrible twos weren't too terrible. I know there will be plenty of good to help offset any of the bad that might crop up, either way. :thumbsup2

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome, awesome to have you aboard!

I have not read any of your past TR's but I'm gonna keep up with this one. Your son is super cute btw!! Last year for us was our trip dealing with the terrible twos and we did pretty good no major meltdowns... In 19 days we have our trip with our three year old princess: tho I may need some luck this time lol.

Welcome! This trip did have its difficulties, but its good times too. I hope your upcoming trip is magical!

Always looking for do's and dont's with toddlers! Making our 2nd trip with the kids in January!

Yay, January is a great time to visit the world, you'll be able to take advantage of those wonderful low crowd days!

I'm in. We are tentatively planning DDs first trip for next fall when she will have just turned two. We know she won't remember it, but we think she'll have fun and we'll have great (and certainly interesting) memories. Looking forward to more

I don't think she'll remember it either, but its always good to start the indoctrination to our Disney ways early right? :rotfl2:

I'm here and can't wait to read all about your trip!!! popcorn::

And seeing the picture of your DH and all that sand... :sail: As Dorothy would say, he's not in Kansas anymore... :faint:

Yeah, its a different world over there. This is his second tour to the middle east, and it isn't his favorite. He did a deployment around South America once and enjoyed that one much more. I don't think it hurt that he got to stop in Rio de Janerio and Jamacia, and lots of other cool places and go through the Panama canal. I don't think Baharian has quite the appeal of the beaches of Rio :lmao:

I just found you and can't wait to read all about your trip. Sounds like it will be an interesting report!;)

I hope I'm not disappointing!

I hope the terrible twos weren't too terrible. I know there will be plenty of good to help offset any of the bad that might crop up, either way. :thumbsup2

There was good, but oh boy, there was some bad too! ;)

I'm hoping to get an update done tomorrow, or by Monday at the latest, but I thought I would pop in here with a little PTR diversion for our April trip.

We got the awesome news a few days ago that our waitlist came through for the two-bedroom theme park view at Bay Lake Tower! :cheer2: We've stayed at the CR (obviously :) ) but never at BLT. I'm really excited to try a new DVC resort, its the only currently open one we haven't stayed at yet (obviously we haven't done GF DVC yet)!

So our trip is going to look like this April 13-15- staying club level theme park view at CR- with me, DH, Everett and DS#2, and then on the 16th of April we'll be moving to a two bedroom theme park view at BLT with my parents. My two brothers will also be joining us on the 16th, and they will have their own studios at BLT (One standard view one theme park view- we'll let them duke it out over who gets what :rotfl2: ).

My parents are toying with the idea of also coming down a little early and staying at a Golf resort off property. If they do that my Mom volunteered to come over in the evenings and watch the kids so me and DH can have some "date nights". She's pretty much the most awesome Mom ever! :love:

And- because we're now within our 180 day window, I was able to make all our dining reservations for the trip!

Here is how it breaks down:

April 13th- Ohana dinner for me and DH
April 14th- Sanaa dinner for me and DH
April 15th- Fultons dinner for me and DH
April 16th- Chef Mickey's dinner for everyone
April 17th-Le Cellier lunch for everyone
April 18th- Be Our Guest dinner for everyone
April 19th-Brown Derby lunch for everyone
April 20th- Hoop de doo for my dad's 60th birthday (with everyone)
April 21st- Kona breakfast for me Dh and the kiddos.

I got everything I wanted and all at the times I wanted- I guess it really does pay to plan things 6 months out, right! :) Usually we're more last minute and then I have to spend all my free time ADR stalking. :crazy2:

The only other ADR I'm toying with is maybe doing a La Hacienda lunch with just me, DH and the kids. I'm on a mission to eat at every restaurant in Disney, and that is one of the few I haven't tried yet. I don't know if it would be worth the hassle with two small kids, so I'm on the fence. What do you all think?

Oh, I meant to comment on this on your PTR, but that is really exciting about your theme park view! Let's root for 8112!!! :rotfl: I mean, I'm sure they're all great, but I'm pretending that 8112 is the best... (Because it IS!)

That is so generous of your mom, and it looks like yall will get some great dates out of the deal! How exciting that you get to try out Be Our Guest, too!

I've heard pretty good things about La Hacienda, but I don't know how kid-friendly the place is. :confused3

The April trip is shaping up quite nicely! :thumbsup2

That's so awesome that y'all were able to get BLT!

I love all of your ADRs! They really sound great!

And your mom is really the greatest! :goodvibes Not that I have to tell you that. :rotfl:

So glad that you got the BLT room! What a great start to your first vacation as a family of 4!

Love all the ADRs, can't wait until we make some firm plans for next summer and I can start making mine! It's one of the best parts for me-figuring out the meals, I just love it! :rotfl:

I'm in too.
Perhaps you could make it easier for readers with chapter links?
Just a suggestion but I love your Trip Report So far...

Subbing in. We'll be there around the same time. But don't arrive until the 19th. We haven't been since Nov 2010 and my almost 5 year old daughter can't wait because she doesn't remember anything.

I'm glad you got your room and your ADR's. I didn't see any mention of the in-laws in there so I'm assuming that drama has been toned down?

That really is great that your mom is willing to babysit in the evenings so you and your DH can spend some alone time together. :thumbsup2

I'm glad your April '13 trip is falling into place (the way you want it to.) You do get a lot more flexibility when you book ADRs 180 days out, but sometimes planning what you want to do and where you want to be that early on is stressful. :crazy2:

I do like all your ADR picks, though, and I'm sure you'll have a great time at both the family meals and the "just you and DH" ones.

Hey, lady! I'm here and all caught up!:cheer2:
Being the Disney-addicted mommy to a big rowdy group, I think I'll totally identify with this TR. PLUS, I've done Disney while hugely pregnant with two toddlers, so bonus points! I agree that you can't wait to take them to Disney--indoctrination starts early, as does the best of the magical moments!
April trip is shaping up nicely. We've got the wheels turning about our next trip, and I'm going to be interested in the planning and execution of that trip, as well. Information is power!
Side note--I have a new nephew named Everett.
Another side note--I've had very little sleep and not nearly enough coffee, so I may not be making sense right now.
Anyway, subbed and can't wait to read all about it:dance3:!

Yeah for the everything plan for April! BLT and all your ADRs!!! Just love when everything falls into place... the magic begins!

Karen

Oh yeah, a new TR by Marissa! I was a little behind because when you started your TR I was in Disney with my family on a great trip. Your April trip sounds like it is totally shaping up nicely too!

Oh, I meant to comment on this on your PTR, but that is really exciting about your theme park view! Let's root for 8112!!! :rotfl: I mean, I'm sure they're all great, but I'm pretending that 8112 is the best... (Because it IS!)

That is so generous of your mom, and it looks like yall will get some great dates out of the deal! How exciting that you get to try out Be Our Guest, too!

I've heard pretty good things about La Hacienda, but I don't know how kid-friendly the place is. :confused3

Lets start the 8112 chant- 8112, 8112, 8112! Seriously it would be awesome if I ended up in your room, it would become the official Disney room of Marissa's everywhere! :rotfl2:

The April trip is shaping up quite nicely! :thumbsup2

That's so awesome that y'all were able to get BLT!

I love all of your ADRs! They really sound great!

And your mom is really the greatest! :goodvibes Not that I have to tell you that. :rotfl:

We were so excited to get BLT, it is tough to get in at the 7 month mark, and to get a theme park view, that is even more magical!

So glad that you got the BLT room! What a great start to your first vacation as a family of 4!

Love all the ADRs, can't wait until we make some firm plans for next summer and I can start making mine! It's one of the best parts for me-figuring out the meals, I just love it! :rotfl:

Hey, don't you have a trip coming up before next summer that you should be getting excited for first! :laughing: I completely understand how much fun the planning stages are, I already have the wheels turning for a Thanksgiving 2013 trip. ;)

I'm in too.
Perhaps you could make it easier for readers with chapter links?
Just a suggestion but I love your Trip Report So far...

Yes, I will get chapters up and running! I know how helpful they are! :thumbsup2 Thanks for joining in!

Subbing in. We'll be there around the same time. But don't arrive until the 19th. We haven't been since Nov 2010 and my almost 5 year old daughter can't wait because she doesn't remember anything.

How awesome we'll be there at the same time! I'm sure your daughter is going to have a wonderful time!

I'm glad you got your room and your ADR's. I didn't see any mention of the in-laws in there so I'm assuming that drama has been toned down?

That really is great that your mom is willing to babysit in the evenings so you and your DH can spend some alone time together. :thumbsup2

I'm thinking that the in-laws finally understood that this was not the trip for them to crash. They are still being extremely difficult though, and I'm pretty appalled at their continued bad behavior. :sad2:

I'm glad your April '13 trip is falling into place (the way you want it to.) You do get a lot more flexibility when you book ADRs 180 days out, but sometimes planning what you want to do and where you want to be that early on is stressful. :crazy2:

I do like all your ADR picks, though, and I'm sure you'll have a great time at both the family meals and the "just you and DH" ones.

I agree that sometimes it just easier to take what is available then have everything to choose from. I had a hard time picking ADRs for me and DH, but he requested a seafood restaurant (and Fultons is on the list of places I've never been too), and we both love Ohana, and I think Sanaa has the best food on property, so that is why I went with those.

Hey, lady! I'm here and all caught up!:cheer2:
Being the Disney-addicted mommy to a big rowdy group, I think I'll totally identify with this TR. PLUS, I've done Disney while hugely pregnant with two toddlers, so bonus points! I agree that you can't wait to take them to Disney--indoctrination starts early, as does the best of the magical moments!
April trip is shaping up nicely. We've got the wheels turning about our next trip, and I'm going to be interested in the planning and execution of that trip, as well. Information is power!
Side note--I have a new nephew named Everett.
Another side note--I've had very little sleep and not nearly enough coffee, so I may not be making sense right now.
Anyway, subbed and can't wait to read all about it:dance3:!

Welcome aboard! Pregnant with two toddlers, my hat is off to you! Cool that you know another Everett! New update coming up next!

Yeah for the everything plan for April! BLT and all your ADRs!!! Just love when everything falls into place... the magic begins!

Karen

I'm super excited that things are coming together, its nice to know that in just six months things will be back to normal and we'll all be celebrating together! :hug:

Oh yeah, a new TR by Marissa! I was a little behind because when you started your TR I was in Disney with my family on a great trip. Your April trip sounds like it is totally shaping up nicely too!

Welcome back! If you guys do a TR, please post the link here so I can follow along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter