WDW vs. the terrible twos- and the verdict is... trip update 2/12

What a delightful solo afternoon.

I love HoP but no one in my family enjoys it. I have not seen it in the last 4 trips. I didn't think to add it to my solo time while Nick golfs this trip!

I didn't realize there were portals with SoTMK. DS didn't mention that part when he came home with 8 bazillion cards lol.

Gotta love Karma... Some interesting people in this world.

Stinks that Everett didn't enjoy TS. I'm glad if our we're still able to salvage the meal.

Loving the lounge! I hope they keep it running so I can see it when we finally buy into DVC!

I bet going straight to your room post fireworks was very very enjoyable!!

Your trip changes sound really good! :thumbsup2 And it's always a good thing when you get to sneak in an extra trip. :cool1: I'll be curious as to what y'all think of the Cars Suite!

I can't believe the gumption of that guy at the portal! I mean, really?!? How can you be in line if you're not in the line? :confused3 But, so glad Karma bit him for you!

Sorry Everett wasn't the best at Tony's. I think we've all been there with our kid(s) whether at Disney or at home and it's never fun.

But, it sounds like y'all had a nice end to the day getting to watch the fireworks from the lounge!

I just managed to catch up on your last few updates and saw your changes to your upcoming trip...and it turns out that you get 2 trips, Food & Wine, and will enjoy Disney with both of your parents twice this year instead of just once in April! That is pretty good news, I would say :) Hope you are enjoying your new baby, I just saw by your ticker that he is not so brand new anymore at 2 months old! Time flies...

I am very impressed by how many times Everett has been to Disney. I love the DHS picture from 12-06-11. That was Xander's 5th birthday, which we spent at DAK before dinner at Jiko. I cannot remember if we had any days that crossed that trip. Hopefully, the result of this trip was mostly good. I cannot wait to read more and find out. Congrats on the pregnancy. I cannot wait to read about what the gender was. I am assuming the baby was born recently.

I am sorry to read there were bedbugs during your Poly stay. That is terrible. I am happy to hear you got an upgrade at CR. The theme park view is awesome, but I would never pay for it. We were lucky to get that upgrade once at GF too.

I know exactly what you mean about mimicking behavior. I am going through that with Connor right now. He copies every bad thing he sees. When I stop him, I get fits as well. Older kids really should know better. I am trying to get that message through to Xander, but it has not fully set in yet.

The view of the monorail from the hotel is cool. My little guys would like that too and makes me consider a future stay at the CR.

SotMK seems like a lot of fun. I will have to try it someday. Glad you had some Disney magic with the PP photographer on the carpets and again on the Jungle Cruise. My Dad used to take us into the Tiki Room all the time when we were kids, but I have not taken my boys in there yet. I need to rectify that this trip. Neither of my boys ver took a pacifier but after reading, hearing and seeing the magic they work, I wish they did. I would not feel bad for using something that works either. It is so hard to calm them down, so I say use whatever works as long as they are not harmed in the process.

I am glad you found your stroller. Crap gave me a hard time for the amount I spent on the double I bought for the last trip, so I know the feeling you were referring to. After the busy day you had, it was nice to get seated for dinner in 2 minutes even though you arrived early. Stalking those ADRs is no fun, but I have found that it works. Xander has had character meals where he is not interested in the characters at all, and I have had to wave them by. He slept through our entire meal at Garden Grill a few years ago. We waved every character by, since we did not want to wake him. It is nice that you were able to watch Hallowishes from your balcony while Everett slept.

I feel just the opposite of you on breakfast food. While I love bacon, it just does not cover the croissant. I am sad whenever there is no ham on the menu and feel bacon is a backup. Anything is better than sausage patties though. Sticks of sausage are good, but patties are gross for some reason. I think it is weird they charged you $5 to pick up your diapers too. We've never stayed at CR. Is that because they were at FedEx? Was there an option to ship the box to the hotel to be stored by bells? Crap is a leisurely tourer, while I am commando. It is hard for me to let go and take it easy too. I am glad you did, since you were in your third trimester. I have not travelled while pregnant yet and applaud anyone who does. When I am pregnant, I am just miserable. Pin trading is not my thing, but that is a really special pin Scoop gave you. My boys cannot pass a water fountain or drinking fountain for that matter without stopping to play in it. Xander loves Small World. It is hard to keep him to one ride per trip, but I fight hard to do so.

Glad to hear you are settled into your temporary home, and Mark is with you. I am jealous of all people who live near the beach. I think it is cute that Everett likes Haunted Mansion. The queue is a lot of fun. When it comes to passing etiquette inside a line, I am fine either way. We always wait for the person unless there is no line at all in front of them, because it us likely they are not in line (yet). It only bothers me when people cannot wait two seconds for you to take your picture before they pass. In a line or not, I never intentionally walk in front of someone else's shot. At times, it is hard to get little ones to stop playing and pose. If someone walks in front of your camera while you are snapping, good luck trying to reset the shot. The funny thing is they will not get on the ride any sooner if they wait for me to snap the picture before they pass. It was sweet of Everett to reassure the kid that Peter Pan is a fun ride. Too bad it did not work. I laughed when you said your Mom might have fibbed about her location. My sister is like that. If she says she is 10 minutes away, you know she is at least 30+ minutes away. She is never on time to anything and always underestimates how long she will be drastically. My kids are human ping pong balls during some meals too, especially Connor.

My inner Disney fan wins out on parenting too at times. It happens to all of us commandos. At least, we are really thinking they may enjoy the experience and are hoping for the best. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it does not. I love how he let his imagination run wild with two pieces of shrubbery. Everett really reminds me of a young Xander. Kids are so smart. They really know when you are trying to substitute "their toys." Once again, I see nothing wrong with you giving him a pacifier. Connor is almost 2 and still nurses frequently. People give me a hard time, but it works for us. It is kind of like a pacifier for him when he is upset. I love the picture of the guys guy snapping photos in Belle's cottage. Disney really is for all of us. Belle is my favorite princess. Sorry you did not like the attraction more. From your photos, I am more excitedly than ever. It looks awesome to me.

That ice cream cookie sandwich looks fantastic. Wow! The guy on the bench was "in line" and hassled a pregnant woman for being rude. His family must have been so proud. I am glad he was at the wrong portal. Hopefully, he actually stood in line when he went to the next one. We are not overly fond of Tony's either. While we would not avoid it, we would not seek it out. The food is on the bland side for even me, and I am not fond of strong flavors. How awesome that you could just go back to your room to watch the fireworks rather than risking more misbehavior. That is one plus of the deluxe resorts on the monorail. The lounge is very nice. I hope it is still open to DVC guests by the time we can afford to buy into it. If I skipped our last 3 Disney trips, I would have had enough to buy. I would not trade those trips in though.

I just read your ADR update and realized you are at Disney right now while I am reading this. Cool. Yes, your Mom sounds awesome. I would totally duke it out to get the studio with the theme park view. Cannot wait to see how the winner is decided.

I hope everything with the delivery goes well. Baby practice for Everett is a fantastic idea. Too bad I did not think of that when I was pregnant with Connor. Xander did not adjust well to losing sole ownership of the kingdom.

I am sorry Mark's deployment was extended. It is good that he will be there for Christmas and the birth though.

I am glad Everett responded well to Mark when he got home. Crap used to travel a lot for work. He would never be gone for more than a week at a time. There were months were he would be away three of the four weeks and only home on the weekends. Xander usually responded well, but he had times when he did not. Crap came home from Boston last week (left before the tragedy thankfully), and the boys responded well. This week, he is in San Diego. I am interested to see how the boys do when he returns.

Foster is so precious. I love that his eyes are open in every picture. That is hard to do. I have hundreds of sleeping pictures of my boys but very few with their eyes open. It is really cool that he was born on 12-12-12.

I understand your decision to postpone the April trip. It will be a better grand vacation when Mark can go with you. Is your SIL still going? It seems like school time when you are going. Those dates are cool. Hopefully, you do a trip report, because we will be there 10/27/13-11/03/13. I would love to read about it before we go. I am so excited that you will be staying in a cars suite this May. I would love to hear about it. Right now, we are booked in AoA for a little Mermaid room. Hopefully, a discount will be released, so we can upgrade to a Cars room. I think the boys (especially Connor) will love it! It is nice that your Dad will be retiring soon and going with you in May to WDW.

I am all caught up. Hope you are all doing well and look forward to hearing more.

Haven't seen you around in a while. Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I hope you and your family are all doing well. :thumbsup2

I just caught up on your report and wanted to drop in to say thank you to you and your husband for his service and because I think the spouses who stay to watch over the families of our servicemen deserve just as much of our respect and admiration.

I have been continually impressed with how clear and concise Everett is. My DS was a talker at that age, but you had to weed through a lot of "no" to hear anything else. I'm also so jealous of how many resorts you've stayed in.

Hopefully you are having a great trip and your husband will return soon. We loved our nemo suite at aoa so I'm sure you're having a great time there.

I know this report is old but it gives me a lot of hope! We leave on Thursday for a short first trip with our almost 2.5 year old boy. I fear pebbles, sticks and fountains!!!!!!! I always bring the iPad to dinner so I can actually eat. I thought disney might be different but now it will be in our day bag!

I know this report is old but it gives me a lot of hope! We leave on Thursday for a short first trip with our almost 2.5 year old boy. I fear pebbles, sticks and fountains!!!!!!! I always bring the iPad to dinner so I can actually eat. I thought disney might be different but now it will be in our day bag!

I agree with you! We're there 12/5 and I have set up an old iPhone for my daughter with the apps and games she likes as well as a few movies. I've been considering not bringing it but I think I will just to be safe!

I also bought a "bubble gun", basically a plastic gun that "shoots" bubbles. I thought it might be a nice distraction for her too, but I've been thinking about not bringing it because I didn't want to upset people around us. Does anyone think it would be a problem?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter